BioShock Infinite

how would you know that?

OHHHHHHHH!! Come at me bro

oh-no-you-didnt.jpg

I don't understand why games are made with save systems that everybody hates.. when I see there is no quicksave I don't even bother buying a game until steam has it on sale for under 5 dollars.. this is another game that gets shelved for a year or two until it's in the bargain bin because they refuse to include a quicksave function. No quicksave, no paying full price or anywhere close to it, period. It's like, get with the Fing program you idiotic developers/publishers.

Yeah the save system bothers me, too. The game is fantastic but sometimes I need to be able to stop playing and go do something else, and having to hunt for a spot that the game will save for me is annoying.

Yeah the save system bothers me, too. The game is fantastic but sometimes I need to be able to stop playing and go do something else, and having to hunt for a spot that the game will save for me is annoying.

Hope they patch it. Other than that, though, it's a hell of a game.

Is anyone else having save issues with this game? Every time i enter the game again and click "Continue Story" or whatever it says...it keeps bringing me back to an earlier part of the game. Then i have to go to Load Chapter and figure out which was the latest save and even then i have to spend another 15 minutes trying to get where i left off at. Really annoying. I SO miss the save whenever wherever system from the old Bioshocks.

That's the only gripe I have with not having quick save. It doesn't save when you loot an item (which it should IMHO). So if you just picked up sassy pants 10+ to magic missle gear. There is a good chance you won't see it again when you come across the gear bag. Great game btw, I'm on my 3rd play through on 1999 mode (not trying to die)

I'm on my second play through taking my time trying to get a few of the achievements that I still need. I already found a few little places that i missed on my first run even though I thought I was pretty thorough.

I try not to buy games at full prices since I don't make a ton of money at the moment. However, everyone I have talked to has had amazing things to say about this game. Even on here, generally people are quite negative towards games but you guys have had so many positive things to say. I may have to break my rule soon :(

Why buy for full price? Don't people still have it on sale for $25-30 on the FS/FT?

Played and beat Bioshock Infinite in 1999 mode. Holy thingamabobberjiggamarooOMGWTFBacon! I died many, many times. At several points I didn't have enough money to be revived so had to go back to the last save point. I'll say that several of the deaths in the beginning were due to my carelessness. With SweetFX installed I was a bit distracted with the eye candy. Going to start another play through in 1999 mode. Oughta be quite fun now that I know what I know of the AI. :D

for some reason I barely use the powers. which is becoming a problem now, near the end, all the enemies are bullet sponges.... I guess I don't really like the way they are implemented. having blue flasks all over the place seems to be a little silly.

Why buy for full price? Don't people still have it on sale for $25-30 on the FS/FT?

There should be, there are quite a few new owners of the 7000 series ATI cards that bought the game bundled with Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3 IIRC. They flip the games to offset the price of the card.

Oh =o you just opened up a whole new world for me sir or Madame! =D

Yeah theres plenty. Offer $20-25. I paid $30 on here at launch I doubt anyone would pass up $25. should be at least 10 on sale on FS/FT. There was a big influx of amd coupons so most everyone is legit. Check peoples feedback don't buy from people new to the forum or less than 10 trades. Request a link to their heatware and just try to be smart about buying on a forum. If you get ripped off by not following this simple advice I'll choke you out myself. Hell if youre unsure about a seller pm me I'll check'm out.

5.8 hours in on Hard and I'm at Comstock House, shorter than I expected.. By the way, can someone tell me if this is the massive spoiler? I accidentally read it somewhere. Yes or no answer please. :p

DeWitt is Comstock

Yes I know but it's near the end. I'm guessing it will be 1 or 2 hours more which still isn't all that much.

I actually don't remember how much is left. But did you blow through it or something? Should be like 9hrs at least.

5.8 hours in on Hard and I'm at Comstock House, shorter than I expected..

You must be blazing ass, skipping optional missions and everything else.

I got 15 hours out of my first playthrough on 1999 mode. 1999 mode isn't THAT much harder than "hard." ;)

Quick question, how large is the installed game?

Steam claims 20GB as the minimum with 30GB as the recommended. I assume there is an HD texture addon that accounts for the last 10GB or is Steam off?

There is no "HD texture addon" - they're already HD textures since day one according to Irrational Games. Not sure why 30GB free space is "recommended" unless its maybe factoring in space for upcoming DLC's.

kBpbO9W.png

Last edited:
The story is so interesting...I can't help but think what a good RPG this would make. Strangely enough, the combat gets in the way a bit. I would almost prefer to walk through the world "Dear Esther" style and just enjoy the story and environment.

I ended up motoring through this game in less than a week. It's tough to stop playing - the game does a terrific job of keeping your interest. One of the best games I've played in a while.

When everything was said and done, it seems like the carbine is tough to beat as a primary weapon. It's a headshot machine from the hip and it holds a TON of ammo. I tended to use the shotgun (or just whatever was handy) as a secondary.

Overall I think Bioshock 1 is still far more impressive. The twist in that one was utterly amazing, I felt far more paranoid, and there were several "Holy crap, how do I get out of here?" moments. I don't think Infinite had that kind of magic. With exception of the crank gun I also wasn't a huge fan of the firearms. I used the M1 Carbine pretty much the entire time.

And maybe someone can explain part of the the story to me? Unless I missed something, a huge chunk didn't make sense.
If DeWitt is Comstock, how does Slate know him as the war hero? Shouldn't Slate only know the Comstock from his own multiverse? And yet somehow he fought with DeWitt? Or does Slate also have some magical portal opening girl they didn't mention to us? That part made no sense to me, but maybe I missed something since a bunch of angry looking dudes were trying to shoot my face off.

If DeWitt is Comstock, how does Slate know him as the war hero? Shouldn't Slate only know the Comstock from his own multiverse? And yet somehow he fought with DeWitt? Or does Slate also have some magical portal opening girl they didn't mention to us? That part made no sense to me, but maybe I missed something since a bunch of angry looking dudes were trying to shoot my face off.

DeWitt got baptised after they fought together, and changed to Comstock after their path split. Sure, later their path joined again, but Comstock got aged due the use of the tear machine and thus Slate didn't recognized him. And got pissed off that Comstock stated he was there :)

I picked up 2 codes from somebody in the FS/T forums. So far i'm enjoying it quite a bit as is my brother.

There is no "HD texture addon" - they're already HD textures since day one according to Irrational Games. Not sure why 30GB free space is "recommended" unless its maybe factoring in space for upcoming DLC's.

kBpbO9W.png

Thanks for the reply. :)

Back