• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

I do like the look and feel of BF6, but man EA / Dice screwed the pooch on map size and vehicles.

So far there's only 3 "large" maps and the brand new one released yesterday.

The other maps don't even belong in this game, they feel too much like CounterStrike or Call of Poopy ( kiddy console game )

Battlefield is supposed to be about vehicles #1 and HUGE maps #2.

I want maps that have 12 tanks per side and 4 helicopters per team, with 64 v 64 players on maps that are gigantic.

The 3 large maps that launched with BF6 still felt medium sized, like they need to be double the size they are.
So you also feel most of BF3 launch maps didn't belong in Battlefield? The launch lineup back then is similar to what we have now in BF6. A lot of the small and medium sized maps were very popular back then as well. The largest maps weren't much larger than the current large ones either and most of the time the gameplay centered around the middle third of the map.

Just because you ignored most of the launch maps in older games, doesn't mean everyone else did. BF has been a mix of different map and combat styles for a long time. Some players want only large maps, some want medium or small maps and some want a mix of all of them. I want variety so I can chose, similar to the older games where I could go on a small maps only, large maps only server or servers that ran a mix of maps.

Do feel free to skip the game if it isn't to your liking, pretty sure the game will be just fine without you.
 
I do like the look and feel of BF6, but man EA / Dice screwed the pooch on map size and vehicles.

So far there's only 3 "large" maps and the brand new one released yesterday.

The other maps don't even belong in this game, they feel too much like CounterStrike or Call of Poopy ( kiddy console game )

Battlefield is supposed to be about vehicles #1 and HUGE maps #2.

I want maps that have 12 tanks per side and 4 helicopters per team, with 64 v 64 players on maps that are gigantic.

The 3 large maps that launched with BF6 still felt medium sized, like they need to be double the size they are.
You can still play Battlefield 3 & 4.
 
You can still play Battlefield 3 & 4.

I do and 2042 just for the large maps. But BF4 is still a regular for me and my brothers.

I do like BF6, it's way better than 2042, I just want more larger maps that have more vehicles as well, which seems like that's coming with the the map releases coming monthly which is great.
 
Last edited:
So you want battlefield to turn into a game that failed for a reason? Huge maps sounds great until you realize running around for 5 or 10 minutes to even start getting into a fight isn't fun for the majority of people.

BF 2042 had terrible map design, and was too big. BF3/4 had some great large maps, but were not too large. They're over correcting for this game and for some reason seem to save the big maps for their shitty BR game. IMO they should just split it off entirely and go crazy with that - rainbow skins, dinosaurs, whatever they want. And leave the regular BF alone.
 
BF6 has a great mix of large and medium sized maps. I'm glad not all of them are super large, but i'm glad we have a handful of large ones too. You can also custom search for the maps you want.
 
i just completed a weekly challenge for 7 battlepass tokens in Battleroyale (which i dont really enjoy) and i got no progress from it.
:banghead::banghead::punch::mad::mad:
the challenge tab showed completed (green) and the battlepass tab showed 0 new progress on it.
wtf
 
More I play the more underwhelmed I am. No "breakable" animations. Start reloading, remove the magazine, then jump over a fence? Well it starts the reload animation from the start. In BF4 and MW19 it would resume where you left off. So once you got over the fence it would resume with the magazine out and just insert the new magazine. Much more realistic and sensible. I mean why would the magazine magically teleport back in? Seems like a big regression.

And some of the damage is just atrocious. Takes a good 10-12 hits with the AK to kill someone. Even headshots may require 2-3 hits.

The new battle pass thing is just confusing, probably more so than the CoD games. I just care about the new guns, and I am not interested in being forced to play new modes or stupid challenges. I assume the guns will not be available to unlock for free once the season is over. Though from what I can tell in game they're locked behind a $25 pay wall right now.

I really dislike the "praise" this game is getting when it does some things worse than indie games and if full of questionable design and the same predatory business model of CoD/whatever. If they're charging $25 for a few guns they can shove them up their asses.

This game just has really terrible hit-registration/net-code they need to figure out. I've dumped half a mag into someone's head before and they survived. I hope they fix it as it's not fun to be vaporized in under one second on your end and then take an entire clip to kill someone due to ridiculous weapon bloom and terrible hit-reg.
 
My older brothers used to always tell me, don't buy a new Battlefield game until at least 6 months to 1 year after release so the game can get much needed patches and bugs ironed out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Vega
like this
My older brothers used to always tell me, don't buy a new Battlefield game until at least 6 months to 1 year after release so the game can get much needed patches and bugs ironed out.
Even the BF 6 beta was pretty much bug free compared to BF 3 and BF 4 on launch. BF 6 has a lot less issues than I am used to from Dice, even if there are some smaller bugs and QoL issues like hit registration, moon jumps on small obstacles etc. Not had much in terms of crashes, outside of having to do a full repair on launch as the EA updater messed up the patch job really bad.

Was like 2 weeks where I couldn't play BF 4 close to launch as it would crash almost instantly and it was only fixed by patches + new drivers. BF 3 also was very buggy as well. Dice is infamous for buggy games. Typically they were very buggy for the first 3-6 months and after that it was typically just a little bit buggy.
 
This game just has really terrible hit-registration/net-code they need to figure out. I've dumped half a mag into someone's head before and they survived. I hope they fix it as it's not fun to be vaporized in under one second on your end and then take an entire clip to kill someone due to ridiculous weapon bloom and terrible hit-reg.

It could be that to. I am starting to question it more. I am using the Kord (AEK) and it is often taking 11-15 shots in the back to kill. And I often hit people in the head 3-4 times before a kill. Not sure if that is how it is supposed to be. For the headshots I am referring to other guns, like the AK and RPK. I do see the hit markers, and it feels like shit if that is how it is supposed to be. Considering there is a challenge that says do damage above 50 meters, I know these hits are below that as I have not progressed that. Only their heads are exposed, so I cannot be hitting any other part of their body.

For the instant kills that tends to be console auto aim players. Whenever I am getting killed over and over by someone within 1-2 seconds it turns out to be a console player. The auto aim must give a whole lot of leeway if used in a particular way and I think some people have learned how to game the system.

moon jumps on small obstacles

This is getting me killed a lot. Was not there prior to the season 1 patch.
 
This is getting me killed a lot. Was not there prior to the season 1 patch.
The moon jumps have been there since the first beta, but they still haven't fixed it. Seems to be caused by obstacles at certain angles and even at low speeds it will launch you slightly. At high speeds you are going for a ride. It is what was used to launch players in trick jumps shown in the beta.
 
Has anyone got 5.1 to work with their digital sound system?

How about spatial audio for their headphones?
 
is there a way for me to never play firestorm conquest ever again? to filter it out somehow? most boring thing ive ever been in, twice.
 
After the buggy, incomplete mess that was BF4 (and every BF title that followed), I stopped buying Battlefield titles at release. Yes, they put a lot of work into BF4 and it became one of the best games ever, IMO. I do prefer BF over COD, but, just like BF1, BF5, and BF2042, I am waiting for BF6 to go on sale before I buy it. That said, I did install the free battle royale called REDSEC. While the traditional battle royale style feels just like COD Warzone to me, I am really enjoying the Gauntlet mode.
 
After the buggy, incomplete mess that was BF4 (and every BF title that followed), I stopped buying Battlefield titles at release. Yes, they put a lot of work into BF4 and it became one of the best games ever, IMO. I do prefer BF over COD, but, just like BF1, BF5, and BF2042, I am waiting for BF6 to go on sale before I buy it. That said, I did install the free battle royale called REDSEC. While the traditional battle royale style feels just like COD Warzone to me, I am really enjoying the Gauntlet mode.
Game is hot and only going to get better get it as soon as you can and enjoy the spectical of Battlefields latest effort. Yea the aircrafts are in a rough position right now because the maps feel smallish and there isn't a lot of cover and the AA tanks can lock on from across the entire small map so it feels really bad on 70% of the maps and also sniping is kinda op if you know the good spots because you'll get sniped trying to traverse the map which really slows you down but those are my only 2 complaints so far otherwise the game is badass and as a 100% aircraft player in BF4 I am actually truly enjoying the ground warfare as infantry and the maps on the ground are so awesome not only to look at but play in. If they drop an mega map pack like second assault from bf4 and add naval warfare like bf4 this is gonna be epic very curious to see how many maps get added over the course of 2 years bf4 added about a dozen if I recall correctly.
 
is there a way for me to never play firestorm conquest ever again? to filter it out somehow? most boring thing ive ever been in, twice.
Yeah I don't understand it. Is this really the best map that BF3 had to offer? It's literally a desert with some pipes and super generic square buildings.
 
Conquest is pretty much dead for this game. Vehicles are nerfed so bad and there are so few its worthless. Just play TDM or Domination, its quicker and gets to the point. The IFV's cannon does pretty much zero damage and drops after maybe 100 meters. Useless except for point blank. BF3/4 you could shoot across the map and flank. In this its just drive point blank and get killed, then wait in a spawn screen the whole game. Just idling. I'd be amazed if Conquest is alive 2 months from now.
 
Yeah I don't understand it. Is this really the best map that BF3 had to offer? It's literally a desert with some pipes and super generic square buildings.
Depends on who you ask. A lot of people loved it, but it is more of a map for people that love vehicles than those who prefer to play inf. It was one of the few maps where I always ran for the tanks in BF3, as I prefer to play inf.

I preferred several other maps to Operation Firestorm and some of my favorites were Caspian Border, Kharg Island and Seine Crossings out of the maps that you got with the launch and the first few DLCs in BF3.

Right now it can play good or it can be bad. If you get a team that all plays together to take the objectives and hold them then it is good. It is really boring when people get the tanks and park on the hill to farm or stay on E and the inf play all game with no tank support. Also the same issue when half your team decides to play long range recon and just go prone in the same place for the entire game. Basically some players are too afraid to take a death so they would rather sit in a corner and you end up with half the team playing for objectives with mostly inf.

Unfortunately the stats farming team seems to be more the case than getting a good team on that map. Had one game where we won by holding all points and their snipers and tanks didn't even bother to move towards a capture point so they had like 10 inf who desperately trying to prevent it.
 
It could be that to. I am starting to question it more. I am using the Kord (AEK) and it is often taking 11-15 shots in the back to kill. And I often hit people in the head 3-4 times before a kill. Not sure if that is how it is supposed to be. For the headshots I am referring to other guns, like the AK and RPK. I do see the hit markers, and it feels like shit if that is how it is supposed to be. Considering there is a challenge that says do damage above 50 meters, I know these hits are below that as I have not progressed that. Only their heads are exposed, so I cannot be hitting any other part of their body.

For the instant kills that tends to be console auto aim players. Whenever I am getting killed over and over by someone within 1-2 seconds it turns out to be a console player. The auto aim must give a whole lot of leeway if used in a particular way and I think some people have learned how to game the system.



This is getting me killed a lot. Was not there prior to the season 1 patch.

Ya I'm also starting to think the times I get auto-vaporized is console users. Is there any possible way to not play with console peeps? As I also read Cronus cheating on consoles is out of control.

I also tested out hit-reg. I had a perfect natural setup in a match. Two guys with just the top half of their heads were standing behind a dumpster. Using a suppressed SMG, it took EIGHT, yes EIGHT bullets to the head to kill each of them. I was like wtf you've gotta be kidding me... I thought I was shooting frozen peas.
 
I got it working by enabling spatial sound in the windows sound settings. Intitially, I was using windows sonic, now I'm using dolby atmos for headphones and it's pretty good.
What do you mean using Dolby atmos? The program in windows? The one that costs money? And windows sonic worked also? Doesn't work for me. Do I need to download the program? Because in sound blaster command the Dolby or DTS options don't work in Battlefield for me.
 

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9we-CVngSn8


As a historic heavy vehicle user in BF's, it's sad to see the direction DICE have gone with BF6. Vehicles are basically eye candy coffins in this game. But I've come to terms that BF6 is a COD type Infantry centric game. I basically now exclusively play engineer and go after as many vehicle kills as I can, to attempt to show how pathetic they are so that they can be buffed.
 
What do you mean using Dolby atmos? The program in windows? The one that costs money? And windows sonic worked also? Doesn't work for me. Do I need to download the program? Because in sound blaster command the Dolby or DTS options don't work in Battlefield for me.
Yes. Windows Sonic is free but you have to install Dolby Access or DTS Sound Unbound from the Microsoft Store and enable one of those in the windows spatial audio settings for 3d headphones to work. I did the free trial for Dolby and DTS. I was offered a 20% discount IIRC, after the trial expired. I bought the Dolby since I liked it over Windows Sonic and DTS, especially in performance mode which enhances the positional audibility of footsteps while still sounding fairly natural overall.



Screenshot 2025-10-31 201752.png



Screenshot 2025-10-31 202032.png

Screenshot 2025-10-14 180412.png
 
Yes. Windows Sonic is free but you have to install Dolby Access or DTS Sound Unbound from the Microsoft Store and enable one of those in the windows spatial audio settings for 3d headphones to work. I did the free trial for Dolby and DTS. I was offered a 20% discount IIRC, after the trial expired. I bought the Dolby since I liked it over Windows Sonic and DTS, especially in performance mode which enhances the positional audibility of footsteps while still sounding fairly natural overall.



View attachment 763552


View attachment 763554
View attachment 763555
Ok I'm going to buy Dolby tonight when I get home this evening. Also how is 5.1 functioning on your speakers? Do you have a 5.1?
 
is there a way for me to never play firestorm conquest ever again? to filter it out somehow? most boring thing ive ever been in, twice.

Use Custom Search and it will let you configure your own rotation. You don't have to exit after every game and select the filter again as it will only use what you filtered for following games.

1761914802793.png
1761914860729.png
 
Has anyone got 5.1 to work with their digital sound system?

How about spatial audio for their headphones?
Spatial works fine.
I got it working by enabling spatial sound in the windows sound settings. Intitially, I was using windows sonic, now I'm using dolby atmos for headphones and it's pretty good.
Was dolby atmos for headphones better than windows sonic?
 
It could be that to. I am starting to question it more. I am using the Kord (AEK) and it is often taking 11-15 shots in the back to kill. And I often hit people in the head 3-4 times before a kill. Not sure if that is how it is supposed to be. For the headshots I am referring to other guns, like the AK and RPK. I do see the hit markers, and it feels like shit if that is how it is supposed to be. Considering there is a challenge that says do damage above 50 meters, I know these hits are below that as I have not progressed that. Only their heads are exposed, so I cannot be hitting any other part of their body.

For the instant kills that tends to be console auto aim players. Whenever I am getting killed over and over by someone within 1-2 seconds it turns out to be a console player. The auto aim must give a whole lot of leeway if used in a particular way and I think some people have learned how to game the system.
Very few controller players are good, most are at the mid or bottom of the kill table, though there are some exceptions. Rare that any of the controller players keep up with the MnK players and can't remember seeing any controller players on the top of the kill table as inf. Taking 2 seconds at 10 meters usually means you are dead or both are missing a lot due to bloom and recoil buildup, most kills happen in 0.5-1s range sub 20 meters. There are some hit detection issues still though, and massive bloom on a lot of guns.

There is a headshot multiplier and a base damage, both visible on your weapon customization page. If a weapon has 20 base damage and 1.34 headshot damage multiplier, then you will still need quite a few headshots. First dropoff is at around 10m so you would need 4 headshots close range vs 5 to the body. Headshots is more powerful on rifles with low dropoff or high base damage as the difference between 3 and 4 shots is a lot more than 4 vs 5 shots. Special ammo can make that multiplier go up to 2 on some weapons, most stop at around 1.5 multiplier.

The Kord is usually 2-3 2-3 round bursts from crouch at 50 m and they are often dead, if they are standing still. You need to burst above 20m with almost all guns as the bloom is quite strong and it can be beneficial to do bursts at 10-20m as well, but with shorter pause between them. The MP5 and AK-204 are among the few exceptions as those are almost lasers. Shame the Kord is so underpowered close up. E.g. the NVO-228 kills in less than 200ms below 10 meters and just above 200ms for M4A1 while the Kord is more like 270ms. If both players have equal reaction time and aim, then the Kord will lose out close up. The Kord is very good at 20m and further, but so so at closer ranges.

The 50m is fairly easy, but you need to play large maps and use the SOR, B36A4 or Kord and try to limit bursts to 2-3 shots each and fire from crouch or prone for higher accuracy and less bloom. The SOR is best gun for it, but it is painful close up. The 50m limit is a lot further than you think it is. Most engagements for me are at 30m or less, due to the nature of the maps, unless I am playing Mirak Valley, Operation firestorm or Blackwell fields. Typically if you play larger maps then it should take 10-30 games to do it. It is almost impossible on the smaller maps though as you often have to run away from the enemy to get to 50m.
 
Spatial works fine.

Was dolby atmos for headphones better than windows sonic?
It doesn't work for me? And I have a sound blaster ae-5 Plus which has Dolby digital and DTS and I can see them enabled in my 5.1 when I enable them but the game in Battlefield doesn't allow it for headphones or for 5.1 even if I enable Windows Sonic special in Windows and have it enabled in Sound blaster command neither dobie or DTS work for Battlefield 6 and it's grayed out.
 
It doesn't work for me? And I have a sound blaster ae-5 Plus which has Dolby digital and DTS and I can see them enabled in my 5.1 when I enable them but the game in Battlefield doesn't allow it for headphones or for 5.1 even if I enable Windows Sonic special in Windows and have it enabled in Sound blaster command neither dobie or DTS work for Battlefield 6 and it's grayed out.
It must be not compatible with that card. It you go to sound control panel, do you have your card selected as the output device. Something isn’t configured right.
 
It must be not compatible with that card. It you go to sound control panel, do you have your card selected as the output device. Something isn’t configured right.
Yes the card is selected in every setting possible. And works for other content like music and movies and YouTube. It just doesn't work for BF6. I'll post pics later.
 
This is probably the first game I played with a battlepass. What is this garbage? It literally causes half the team to wander off to do random challenges. Yeah, chasing 20 handgun headshots is really helpful in team games.

I miss gaming before stats and all this garbage when it was just log on and play without worrying about progress. Like BF2.

Anyway, Cairo is legit.
 
Back
Top