• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

omg

i log in and they re-did all the challenges that i spent the last few days doing.

300 kills is now 30. other difficult stuff now way easier.

for some reason the things that were in progress that now show 100% complete are still locked. i guess i have to get a single kill with that weapon type and it'll update?

edit: just get in a game and watch yourself unlock a bunch of stuff.
 
Last edited:
Played some casual breakthrough

It's alright, good way to try out different weapons and loadouts without getting turbo blasted. Feels bad losing, though. But its usually pretty obvious who's bots and who's not. The bot medics are practically worthless.

Been working on the m277 and I dont think I can make myself like this gun. Need to find a carbine that works for me. I like running the rpk even as recon, but the lmg really suffers at mid and close range.

Id also like to complain about the laser ass smgs that can apparently kill me in half a second from halfway across the map, while i'm just tickling them with a full on .308 machine gun. What's up with that?
 
TIL you will get the red spotted marker over your own head if you shoot without flash hider or suppressor

If you were wondering why you randomly got beamed though the world's thickest cloud of smoke, that's probably why
 
oh...

yeah i really should read up on whats the best guns/attachments

"reduces ADS accuracy". okay. by how much?
I test in the firing range at the targets further away. Some attachments show better stats, but you get worse spray and burst pattern. E.g. some have more control in the stats, but show much more horizontal recoil on the firing range, which is hard to control. Others with worse stats give mostly vertical recoil and some combos work better than others.

After deploying with enough duds I learned to not trust the stats page and go with what works for the specific gun instead. Firing range gives you some indications, but using it in different situations in the game can reveal additional weaknesses or strengths.

Shame that some of the best attachments is often in the high 20 or even in the 30 range sometimes. Some guns give it to you early, while others give it to you after a lot of grinding.
 
Faster ADS is far less advantageous in BF than it is in COD. I'll take reduced recoil/bloom over a quicker ADS each and every time.
 
Faster ADS is far less advantageous in BF than it is in COD. I'll take reduced recoil/bloom over a quicker ADS each and every time.

I mean, to a degree

The lmgs are already borderline too slow. Any more would start becoming obnoxious. It's fine if you're posted up, but you're dead if you were fighting while moving.

Also I hate that the game changes map and lobby every time. Play half of map on breakout. Switches to entirely different map and lobby. Why the fuck would it not flip sides?
 
Has anyone found a a gun that's close to the AN-94 from BC2? I was happily surprised to find that the Kord 6P67 has a 3-shot burst mode (edit* it is in-fact 2-shot), do any other rifles have burst mode? Prompting the question into google says NO rifles have burst mode, hence my surprise with the Kord.
 
Last edited:
Played some casual breakthrough

It's alright, good way to try out different weapons and loadouts without getting turbo blasted. Feels bad losing, though. But its usually pretty obvious who's bots and who's not. The bot medics are practically worthless.

Been working on the m277 and I dont think I can make myself like this gun. Need to find a carbine that works for me. I like running the rpk even as recon, but the lmg really suffers at mid and close range.

Id also like to complain about the laser ass smgs that can apparently kill me in half a second from halfway across the map, while i'm just tickling them with a full on .308 machine gun. What's up with that?

The damage output per hit is odd in this game, though there is some drop off and I assume the larger calibers do better at range. But it just doesn't make sense at times. They tried to make it a bit more arcadey like Bad Company 2 where the stats are all over the place. In BC2 the 1911 was more accurate than the rifles and did more damage at range. We see similar here. The M277 shoots a larger round and has less capacity, but does the same damage as the 5.56 rifles. The AK-205 shoots 5.45.39 (essentially 5.56) but does less damage than a 9mm SMG? They should go back to a caliber based damage system. BF4 was mostly caliber based, and managed to balance things fine. No it didn't accurately simulate ballistics but did it reasonably well for a mainstream game.

The more extreme customization is also odd, they're leaning too much into CoD style kit bashing. Where you have a short rifle like an Mk18 (oddly called M4) that you can "upgrade" to an M4A1 by unlocking the M4 barrel. BF4 did it better by having them different variants. Take the ACE line, they had four different variants in two calibers. It also makes assignments confusing. Take the G-36, if you equip the carbine length barrel does that count as a carbine or assault rifle for assignment unlock purposes? I'd prefer more separated variants, with reasonable caliber variations. SG-553r is great (IMO one of the best guns in the game), but we need that in 5.56 to. Just make the unlock requirements work across the entirely family though. :p
 
I was wrong, support 1 is much better, I think they nerfed some of the challenges too far though.
 
Even for a very popular successful game with lots of active players - too many modes splits the playerbase up too much. There's been recent complaints of "too many bots in matches", so I'm not surprised they are culling some of lesser used modes. It's not permanently removed, no doubt it will be rotated back in the future sometime.
I get it, but why not make people wait a minute for enough players then? I know, people will then whine "dead game", but outright removing modes that a lot enjoy is worse in my opinion.
 
I was wrong, support 1 is much better, I think they nerfed some of the challenges too far though.

I checked the challenges, I don't mind the reduction. The weapon grind is quite high as is. At least now you can easily get them all and then just play normally how you'd like and gradually level them up. Some of the things like LMG suppression took too long (I think 10-15 shots over an enemies head). Sometimes I'd put a whole 50-70 rounds near enemies while hitting them and it would only count for 0-2 LMG suppression. I know there was an LMG locked behind it, don't recall.
 
That's ridiculous. Why on Earth would they just remove it? :( Makes no sense. I too think I need to make a forum account, xDiVolatilX, over there.
I just made a EA forum account to make some posts here and there about the issues that need corrections. I feel like EA is listening to the complaints more than they ever have in any other BF game, so I'm going to add my opinions about things that need to be fixed.
The more people put down suggestions the more they notice. Strength in numbers. I want this game to thrive for years.
I encourage us all to voice our opinions on the EA Battlefield 6 forum, I just did.
 
Played some casual breakthrough

It's alright, good way to try out different weapons and loadouts without getting turbo blasted. Feels bad losing, though. But its usually pretty obvious who's bots and who's not. The bot medics are practically worthless.

Been working on the m277 and I dont think I can make myself like this gun. Need to find a carbine that works for me. I like running the rpk even as recon, but the lmg really suffers at mid and close range.

Id also like to complain about the laser ass smgs that can apparently kill me in half a second from halfway across the map, while i'm just tickling them with a full on .308 machine gun. What's up with that?
Yea I think the smgs need a nerf. I don't like how meta they are. The ttk on some of them is too quick and they have too much stopping power for how fast they are. It gets obnoxious seeing how many smg one tricks you run into because they are overwhelmingly popular because of how strong they are being abused. Interesting how the Assault rifles have a bad reputation and the smgs are regarded as meta so far. If anything I prefer carbines and ARs.
 
Yea I think the smgs need a nerf. I don't like how meta they are. The ttk on some of them is too quick and they have too much stopping power for how fast they are. It gets obnoxious seeing how many smg one tricks you run into because they are overwhelmingly popular because of how strong they are being abused. Interesting how the Assault rifles have a bad reputation and the smgs are regarded as meta so far. If anything I prefer carbines and ARs.

I think the SMGs are okay, though the damage at ranges 80+ meters needs to drop off some more. Some of the rifles do need a damage increase.
 
Even for a very popular successful game with lots of active players - too many modes splits the playerbase up too much. There's been recent complaints of "too many bots in matches", so I'm not surprised they are culling some of lesser used modes. It's not permanently removed, no doubt it will be rotated back in the future sometime.
I don't think I've seen one bot. I wonder what game modes experience bots.

It'd be nice if they added the option for closed weapons in the custom search. Closed weapons should have been the enforced default but they are trying their damnedest to not be Battlefield.
 
I made my account here is the link

https://forums.ea.com/category/battlefield-6-en

When I have time I'm going to chime in to add to the overwhelming suggestions that we all want for example I see a lot threads already that are saying "remove all bots" and "party /squad size limitations" if you want 5 players in a squad or "open vs locked weapons" or "requirements are too high" or "combine players Into populated servers" and "bring back Battlelog"

So many good suggestions can be made to quality of life and game balance and bug fixes anything and everything can be thrown out for the developers to see and you to be heard.
 
1762448406382.jpeg



I'm Still complaining aboutthe overpowered smg lol. They just need to have the damage drop off sooner and have a lower floor. If I have a carbine or assault rifle it should beat an smg from anything outside of like 100 feet. Back in my day, bad company 2 did the weapon balance much better, at least for the difference between the gun types
 
3D spotting yourself if you use anything besides flash hider or suppressor is incredibly dumb and renders basically every other muzzle useless. I have no idea what they were thinking with this.

You will get mulched much less quickly when shooting doesn't put a giant orange marker on your head.
 
Sobek is possibly the most unfun map in Battlefield history

Literally terrible
That is a permaban in my custom search. I always use custom search to get a bit more variety. Sometimes the game will drop you into the same maps 3 matches in a row so exiting to menu and remove the map you just played works wonders.
 
Also I'm surprised by just how insane unchecked vehicles are. I feel like they're way stronger than previous games.

Their splash damage and damage in general to infantry is _massive_. I swear getting gunner position on a tank is a free 30+ kills if the driver isn't dumb.

You barely need to glance over someone and they're dead instantly. You're just deleting people 200 feet away in a tenth of a second.
 
i agree. being a gunner in a tank is probably the most powerful thing in game.
I don't like the roof abuse on Sobek either.
 
Yea I think the smgs need a nerf. I don't like how meta they are. The ttk on some of them is too quick and they have too much stopping power for how fast they are. It gets obnoxious seeing how many smg one tricks you run into because they are overwhelmingly popular because of how strong they are being abused. Interesting how the Assault rifles have a bad reputation and the smgs are regarded as meta so far. If anything I prefer carbines and ARs.
SMGs should have more bloom with low precision and low recoil IMO. As it is now they are actually more of a problem at 10-30m than at 5 meters as they can spray where all the high DPS ARs and carabines need to burst to be accurate. Basically no AR can match the accuracy of the MP5 at the furthest target in the firing range and the slightly higher damage doesn't do much to offset this. The MP5 also has great run and gun potential. The precision of the SMGs should be similar to ARs, but with a significant hip fire advantage.
 
I'm Still complaining aboutthe overpowered smg lol. They just need to have the damage drop off sooner and have a lower floor. If I have a carbine or assault rifle it should beat an smg from anything outside of like 100 feet. Back in my day, bad company 2 did the weapon balance much better, at least for the difference between the gun types

After going back to the MPX after not using it for a while, I don't think it is as OP as I thought it was. Maybe its because I got a few rifles leveled up more. Maybe the season 1 patch nerfed it a bit. Will try the MP5 to see how I do with that. SG-553r is a good choice with a balance of moderate recoil and decent damage but still has a 30 round magazine.

Also I'm surprised by just how insane unchecked vehicles are. I feel like they're way stronger than previous games.

Their splash damage and damage in general to infantry is _massive_. I swear getting gunner position on a tank is a free 30+ kills if the driver isn't dumb.

You barely need to glance over someone and they're dead instantly. You're just deleting people 200 feet away in a tenth of a second.

I disagree, they're too weak. IFVs need to get point blank to kill someone now. In BF4 you could sit up on the mesa on Silk Road and shoot people in the objectives in the sand dunes with your cannon with ease. Vehicle on vehicle kills are rare to. The machine gun is okay, but that is where 90% or more of your kills will come from. The light machine gun on for the gunner is great. But the main gun rounds for the tank are a bit weak, on the IFV they are near useless. They work against infantry within 100 meters, but are useless against trucks or tanks. Some of the MRAPs can even take 1 missile + 8 or so hits of the cannon.
 
Just got the SG 553 or whatever carbine and dropped like 60+ kills with it on empire state. Seems pretty damn good, fires fast, kills in 3 hits up close.

Also Blacksomething Fields is ugly as sin. Shit is just a big field of Quake 2 colored lighting. Boring.

Somehow I have not managed to matchmake into Cairo or Firestorm a single time. Is it not in the conquest or breakthrough rotation?
 
Last edited:
I'm still waiting on my broken ring finger tip to heal before I can play games like BF6 again. Probably another week till that time but it definitely feels like I am missing out on a lot of fun :cry:
 
I played the kord tonight and hot damn that's a good gun. I think i found my all rounder. Nite to level it up for the better loadout.

Edit: thanks autocorrect. It's Kord not word.
I've noticed the kord is a bit deceiving with its recoil. the gun's animation doesn't show it having much recoil, but it actually does. like most guns you want to shoot in bursts of like 10-15 bullets if they are longer range.
 
Also enemy footsteps seem to be louder than friendly by a good margin

If it sounds like a gorilla is running through the hall and about to turn the corner, it is an enemy

Windows Sonic + 3D Headphones seems to work pretty good in this game.
 
Last edited:
Also I'm surprised by just how insane unchecked vehicles are. I feel like they're way stronger than previous games.

Their splash damage and damage in general to infantry is _massive_. I swear getting gunner position on a tank is a free 30+ kills if the driver isn't dumb.

You barely need to glance over someone and they're dead instantly. You're just deleting people 200 feet away in a tenth of a second.
Classic BF games you always had a huge advantage with a vehicle. It wasn’t until more modern times where BF tried be more infantry friendly that that changed. I’m glad to see it going back to its roots. Splash damage from a tank shell and direct hits from a 50 should absolutely be able to mow down infantry.
 
Classic BF games you always had a huge advantage with a vehicle. It wasn’t until more modern times where BF tried be more infantry friendly that that changed. I’m glad to see it going back to its roots. Splash damage from a tank shell and direct hits from a 50 should absolutely be able to mow down infantry.

I mean the gunner on some vehicles is like literally 40 damage a hit with seemingly almost zero falloff. They're laser beams that deliver only death.

I don't remember them being anywhere near this lethal in BF3 and BF4.

I killed someone nearly across one of the maps with one of the Jeep turrets last night. I think I killed them on like the second burst. I just shot a few times at the sniper glint and to my surprise they got mulched almost instantly.

The gunner position is the divine hand of God.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DF-1
like this
I mean the gunner on some vehicles is like literally 40 damage a hit with seemingly almost zero falloff. They're laser beams that deliver only death.

I don't remember them being anywhere near this lethal in BF3 and BF4.

I killed someone nearly across one of the maps with one of the Jeep turrets last night. I think I killed them on like the second burst. I just shot a few times at the sniper glint and to my surprise they got mulched almost instantly.

The gunner position is the divine hand of God.
Increasing bloom a bit is probably called for. Particularly with 3d spotting yourself being a thing
 
I really wish this did 48 players on most maps instead of 64. It's straight up too cramped and the spawns are ridiculous half the time.

Like, this game just seems to prioritize being a complete clusterfuck at any given moment over any other facet of gameplay.
 
I really wish this did 48 players on most maps instead of 64. It's straight up too cramped and the spawns are ridiculous half the time.

Like, this game just seems to prioritize being a complete clusterfuck at any given moment over any other facet of gameplay.
But if the maps were 30% bigger it would balance out better. Hoping the new maps are slightly larger. Currently there is at least 3 maps where the helicopters are impossible to fly because the AA tank and base AA ranges are across the entire map like there is absolutely no cover anytime you try to do anything the lock on clown festival starts beeping.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top