• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

When and where was this sale?
He's likely referring to the ebay deal where somebody was selling keys for $25 (later bumped to $30). They required certain Intel CPUs to activate though. AFAIK there was no such deal for the AMD folks.

tbh while $70 is a lot, people usually sink hundreds of hours into games like this, so you're going to get your money's worth regardless.
 
Yes, I will sink hundreds of hours into, but at less cost than all those who paid full price at release. And since the game isn't going anywhere for quite a while, I don't mind waiting a month or two for a sale, possibly Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
 
i had a guy in my squad (64 player conquest mode) that JUST used his drone to spot. 0 kills 8 deaths like 90 assists and #2 on our team. lol

also saw a guy with the name "Geralt of Nvidia"

Hate that. Flanking is very hard as is being sneaky with being constantly spotted. Dumbs the game down into an in your face twitch match with people pre-firing your position.

One of the worst parts of MiniMapField6.
 
Hate that. Flanking is very hard as is being sneaky with being constantly spotted. Dumbs the game down into an in your face twitch match with people pre-firing your position.

One of the worst parts of MiniMapField6.
Yup. Still have not bought it.

This is why we need to have control over the game. I do not care about stats and unlocks. I would much prefer a custom server with a live admin that has corrected all of the bullshit so that we can just fight it out old school. I miss those days.
 
And WTF is with battle royale mode not having a solo's mode? Who the hell is making these decisions? Means I'll basically never play it.
 
Very few controller players are good, most are at the mid or bottom of the kill table, though there are some exceptions. Rare that any of the controller players keep up with the MnK players and can't remember seeing any controller players on the top of the kill table as inf. Taking 2 seconds at 10 meters usually means you are dead or both are missing a lot due to bloom and recoil buildup, most kills happen in 0.5-1s range sub 20 meters. There are some hit detection issues still though, and massive bloom on a lot of guns.

I've seen a number of people with controller logos by their team with high kills, 32-3 or so. Could it be some type of mouse and keyboard with controller plugged in enabling auto aim type of loophole? I've had good games to but I'm much more sloppy when I get those high kill counts. They can just be better but you'll see people just skim into a room and within a second kill someone, over and over again. 3-4 people in a row.

There is a headshot multiplier and a base damage, both visible on your weapon customization page. If a weapon has 20 base damage and 1.34 headshot damage multiplier, then you will still need quite a few headshots. First dropoff is at around 10m so you would need 4 headshots close range vs 5 to the body. Headshots is more powerful on rifles with low dropoff or high base damage as the difference between 3 and 4 shots is a lot more than 4 vs 5 shots. Special ammo can make that multiplier go up to 2 on some weapons, most stop at around 1.5 multiplier.

I am seeing some with a 1.75 multiplier, I think that is the RPK. Yeah that is a bit high still. Though there have been games where at point plant I would shoot someone 10+ times in the back with an AEK (I can see the hit markers) and the would just turn around and instantly head shot me. Seems to be mixed, I had a bunch of games like that but not all seem to be that way. I do wonder if there is something going on network wise at times.

The MP5 and AK-204 are among the few exceptions as those are almost lasers. Shame the Kord is so underpowered close up. E.g. the NVO-228 kills in less than 200ms below 10 meters and just above 200ms for M4A1 while the Kord is more like 270ms. If both players have equal reaction time and aim, then the Kord will lose out close up. The Kord is very good at 20m and further, but so so at closer ranges.

MP5 and MPX are a bit odd, because with the high RoF I find them to be better LMGs than the LMGs. :p Even at range the RoF and low recoil means more consistent headshots.


For the IFV I cannot stand how much drop there is. And the ammo runs dry so quickly with load reload times. I burn through the 200 or so rounds very quickly but once past 150-200 meters, even hitting vehicles is not practical.
 
I've seen a number of people with controller logos by their team with high kills, 32-3 or so. Could it be some type of mouse and keyboard with controller plugged in enabling auto aim type of loophole? I've had good games to but I'm much more sloppy when I get those high kill counts. They can just be better but you'll see people just skim into a room and within a second kill someone, over and over again. 3-4 people in a row.
32-3 is low on the kills if the game wasn't super short, so he could just be playing careful. Most games I'm in have the inf kill leaders in the 40-60 range, sometimes higher.

K-D doesn't matter much due to medics. I've had scores of 50-6 or so many times as inf, but I've often been revived 10-15 times by medics, when I have those scores. If the medics are bad it is often more like 40-15. If your team has good medics, then you will have low deaths and opposite if your medics are selfish/bad.

A lot of rooms have places where people often sit. Sometimes I nade them as a "ping" and if I get a hitmarker than I know someone is there. If I don't want to nade, then I will pre-aim or position for dealing with certain spots where people are likely to think they have a good position. Running into a rom and killing someone fast is often a product of game sense, map knowledge and crosshair placement. Nothing out of the ordinary that people run into a room and get a multikill in 1-2 seconds. It happens all the time, but is more difficult on controller than MnK as they have to manually move the crosshair, unlike in COD.

MP5 and MPX are a bit odd, because with the high RoF I find them to be better LMGs than the LMGs. :p Even at range the RoF and low recoil means more consistent headshots.
The SMGs are weird indeed. I have to burst at 25m with most ARs, Carabines and LMGs, but I can full auto with most SMGs and be fairly accurate at range. The extended barrel also does wonders for SMGs as they are quite good decent at 50m with that attachment. Probably should have more damage drop or more bloom on SMGs.

Controller players have less recoil and less bloom than MnK so that lets them go full auto when MnK has to burst. Not a fan of different weapon behavior for different input tbh. So many times where that tripple or quad kill gets away due to bloom and recoil, but I probably would have had it if I had same bloom and recoil as controller. It also lets them spray in situations where you have to burst on MnK.
 
Had some good DMR (3rd one) and tank action today.

Not sure what the difference is between the 3 mines engineer has.

Does DMR have scope glint?

Some maps are usually littered with mines every 5 ft like Cairo.
 
Finally got 3D headphones working with DTS connect Neo PC cinema mode in sound blaster command & spatial audio for headphones in widows working together ffs
 

Attachments

  • 3D Headphones.jpg
    3D Headphones.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 0
Had some good DMR (3rd one) and tank action today.

Not sure what the difference is between the 3 mines engineer has.

Does DMR have scope glint?

Some maps are usually littered with mines every 5 ft like Cairo.
All scopes have glint, from what I've seen. Basically if it says scope, instead of sight, it will have glint. This applies to ARs as well so if your AR came with a 4x scope then people will see that glint.

That DMR can take out snipers. I've taken out quite a few at around 200m, only downside is it takes 2 shots, but so satisfying when that damage counter says 150 and distance says 200m (2x headshots).
 
Just looking at the battle pass and weapon progression, it seems like the progression speed is very low. Even lower than the CoD games I played recently by a notable amount. Comparing team death match in both games, it would take 220 games to unlock 1 of the weapons in BF6, I'll use the SOR-300 in this example. In MW19/2022, it would take 120 for the first weapon. 250 in CoD MW19/2022 for both, 440 in BF6 for two though I believe there are 4 this season.

You progress quicker in Conquest but even then, I typically only get 2-3 "tokens" and matches are longer. I know there are assignments that can unlock a few but still those might require other game modes and whatnot.

For the weapons it seems like it would require 3000 hours (from someone else's estimate) to get all unlocks. To put things in perspective I put 1168 hours into BF4 primarily over 6-7 years, assuming the EA app is correctly counting play time. They lowered weapon progression at levels 1-20 in the recent patch, but even if that halves the hours, that is still 1500 hours for all unlocks. Now you don't need to 100% all guns but it seems like getting the high tier unlocks for some things would require a whole lot of time, and some of those unlocks would greatly enhance the weapon. Take the SMG that starts with a 15 round magazine, and the 20-something round magazine is at level 34 or something. Seems like 10 hours per gun roughly in TDM/Domination (quickest mode for leveling up guns), assuming you are good with it. So you can't just hop on TDM/Domination for 10 hours and level up a multiple guns for Conquest.

The beta progression was more reasonable, but the release game managed to be more grindy than CoD.
 
Overall BF6 has the smallest maps on average compared to any other BF game:

https://www.ign.com/articles/battle...usly-measure-70-maps-from-bf3-bf2042-and-more

I mean, probably

It seems like there was a big effort to remove "dead" space. You can see this on Firestorm and how it was shrunk.

I think it's mostly an overcorrection, though. A lot of maps are basically red fucking hot all over, all the time. Like every square inch. Coupled with 800 flank routes on some maps and it's cramped and clusterfucky in a way the previous games were not.

Like even Locker and Metro were controlled chaos with clear lanes. Comparatively, these maps in BF6 are just chaos and where it's an exercise in getting shot in the back.
 
i keep seeing people say "you can get the battlepass for free" because it has 1100 coins in it.
It does have that many coins... only if you BOUGHT the battlepass. if you didnt you don't get even half those coins because they're locked. Is the next one going to cost 1100, is it going to have 1100 to unlock again? No one knows.

Is there any "must haves" in the battlepass thats not free? I don't care about skins.
Also do the coins/tokens resest at the end of the season? Or do we keep them for next season?

I unlocked KV9 and shooting that made me smile every time. but then i got a challenge to use the next smg for 300 kills :cry:
I also unlocked the last shotgun, but I feel like the 1st is the best.
 
I mean, probably

It seems like there was a big effort to remove "dead" space. You can see this on Firestorm and how it was shrunk.

I think it's mostly an overcorrection, though. A lot of maps are basically red fucking hot all over, all the time. Like every square inch. Coupled with 800 flank routes on some maps and it's cramped and clusterfucky in a way the previous games were not.

Like even Locker and Metro were controlled chaos with clear lanes. Comparatively, these maps in BF6 are just chaos and where it's an exercise in getting shot in the back.
Except for Blackwell which is a map with only dead space where if you're not sniping you're just an easy target in a kill box with snipers surrounding the circumference of the map 😐 and the little bumps and tiny hills in the terrain don't help all that much because at some point you need to get on point so there are tons of player not playing the objective and just rather snipe.
How has Blackwell felt for you guys? I've only played it a few times as I'm only level 22 so far.
 
i keep seeing people say "you can get the battlepass for free" because it has 1100 coins in it.
It does have that many coins... only if you BOUGHT the battlepass. if you didnt you don't get even half those coins because they're locked. Is the next one going to cost 1100, is it going to have 1100 to unlock again? No one knows.

Is there any "must haves" in the battlepass thats not free? I don't care about skins.
Also do the coins/tokens resest at the end of the season? Or do we keep them for next season?

I unlocked KV9 and shooting that made me smile every time. but then i got a challenge to use the next smg for 300 kills :cry:
I also unlocked the last shotgun, but I feel like the 1st is the best.
The mini scout is a great sniper if you are like me and go aggressive in breakthrough. Basically just behind the front line players, but ahead of 70% of the team on offense and standing on the point or further forward 80% of the time on defense. The mini scout allows for a lot of mobility and fires faster, but still one shot kill to the head so it is "prone on the hill" snipers worst enemy. I do think it is free though.

Weapon packages can be nice, but most of the time you only need 2 on each gun so you can have 2 different builds pre-made. You get those just by leveling up. Most of the stuff they can offer is just useless cosmetics etc. that only some care about.

I do wish there was FF on for those wearing the phantom edition character skins so they would get TKed like 10 times per map. Why would anyone in their right mind wear dark uniforms on the side that generally has light colored uniforms?
 
  • Like
Reactions: DF-1
like this
The mini scout is a great sniper if you are like me and go aggressive in breakthrough. Basically just behind the front line players, but ahead of 70% of the team on offense and standing on the point or further forward 80% of the time on defense. The mini scout allows for a lot of mobility and fires faster, but still one shot kill to the head so it is "prone on the hill" snipers worst enemy. I do think it is free though.

Weapon packages can be nice, but most of the time you only need 2 on each gun so you can have 2 different builds pre-made. You get those just by leveling up. Most of the stuff they can offer is just useless cosmetics etc. that only some care about.

I do wish there was FF on for those wearing the phantom edition character skins so they would get TKed like 10 times per map. Why would anyone in their right mind wear dark uniforms on the side that generally has light colored uniforms?
mini scout 1 shot headshots??
the SVK says it does 66/shot and only does 75 a headshot for me, when i moused over the mini scout it said way less damage than the SVK
 
mini scout 1 shot headshots??
the SVK says it does 66/shot and only does 75 a headshot for me, when i moused over the mini scout it said way less damage than the SVK
The page says 1.75 multiplier, but you get 50 on furthest target on the firing range to center mass, but 100 exact to head. No sweetspot, so it massively rewards skill, unlike the other snipers. Always gotten the 1 headshot kill for 100dmg, when I hit the head with direct line of sight. You can't trust the stats on the weapons page as they have done lots of shit to the weapons that is not reflected in the stats page. Basically they tweak the values for the weapons, but don't fix the weapon pages.
 
You can't trust the stats on the weapons page as they have done lots of shit to the weapons that is not reflected in the stats page. Basically they tweak the values for the weapons, but don't fix the weapon pages.
oh...

yeah i really should read up on whats the best guns/attachments

"reduces ADS accuracy". okay. by how much?
 
oh...

yeah i really should read up on whats the best guns/attachments

"reduces ADS accuracy". okay. by how much?
the stats page doesn't update when you change some attachments, so I assume by nothing. it doesn't seem like they finished this part of the game.
 
I mean, probably

It seems like there was a big effort to remove "dead" space. You can see this on Firestorm and how it was shrunk.

I think it's mostly an overcorrection, though. A lot of maps are basically red fucking hot all over, all the time. Like every square inch. Coupled with 800 flank routes on some maps and it's cramped and clusterfucky in a way the previous games were not.

Like even Locker and Metro were controlled chaos with clear lanes. Comparatively, these maps in BF6 are just chaos and where it's an exercise in getting shot in the back.

Good video showing the differences.


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjvuQ5o6XvE&t=400s

Seems like there is too much cover for infantry, check around 3:50 to see what I mean. In addition to the weaker vehicles seems like it is intentionally made to make them have less relevance.
 
So they removed Closed Weapon AOW...not braindead at all to REMOVE features from the game.
Damn that sucks. I can't believe they did that? WTF
I think I need to make an account on EA forums to voice some opinions in case they listen. I think we all should. More voices the better. Gotta find time.
 
Man I've been getting some hitching. Happened in single or multiplayer. Beta was completely smooth. Tried every seeing in the universe.

9950x3d / 5090. Average fps was over 200 and it was still fucking hitching every couple seconds.

Threw my hands up and DDU'd. Was about to reformat since it was driving me bonkers.

I _think_ that fixed it. I could even notice it in the firing range.

Weirdly it didn't show up on the in game performance graph. Like I could see the stutter visually, but the graph was smooth.

Edit: Almost positive this fixed it. It was super obnoxious before and I can't notice it now. MSI Afterburner seems to think it's perfectly smooth as well.
 
Last edited:
Why on Earth would they just remove it?
Even for a very popular successful game with lots of active players - too many modes splits the playerbase up too much. There's been recent complaints of "too many bots in matches", so I'm not surprised they are culling some of lesser used modes. It's not permanently removed, no doubt it will be rotated back in the future sometime.
 
Back
Top