• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

It would shift focus back on playing the game and enjoying the mechanics, playing the objectives, creating BF moments. Rather than completing goals which often, aren't aligned with normal play. Also, it seems to just put people in a different headspace. One which isn't focused on the core gameplay.

Best BF I ever played, was the Bad Company 2 PS3 Beta.

Arica Harbor.
Each class only had like 2 weapon options for each type (pistol/shotgun/LMG/Assualt Rifle/etc).
No attachments.


It really forced people to play their role. As there was no access to any weapons or attachments, which might allow a class to overlap with another.

And there weren't 78 different guns or whatever, watering down the balance or keeping you from just playiing the game with the right weapon for the role or scenario.

In the beta, you simply grabbed a shotgun when appropriate. Rather than worrying if you had the right shotgun.

You chose your class for its specific special abilities. And that meant you were pretty limited in other areas. etc.

That beta ran for two months, over the Christmas Holiday and into the new year. It was great.
This is exactly what i'm talking about. Balance, gameplay and mindset suffer when you have progression in a PVP game. Getting good at the game should come from experience and not ALSO from having access to better equipment. Battlefield 4 was really egregious if we aren't looking at it with rose tinted glasses. The IR scope attachment was game breaking.

https://x.com/BattleNonSense/status/1980597427091493330

https://x.com/BattleNonSense/status/1979124921490882798

https://x.com/BattleNonSense/status/1978704655770079244
 
I agree, everything should be unlocked/available from day 1. Why should I be penalized with a built-in disadvantage because other people have a lot more time to play the game than I do? They should already be better than me because they play more, they don't need a built-in advantage on top of that.
 
Yes that is how progression should work but saying you can’t play the game because it has some progression seems like a cop out. Even at 70% (not sure where that number came from) the default smg or assault you can wreck people. As I said I am still using default guns. Just added a laser and some grips. I didn’t even change ammo or mag sizes until much later.

To each their own.
When leveling weapons I typically get 20-25 kills with 10-15 or so deaths, while with level 20 guns, or higher, I usually get 30-45 kills and similar deaths. That is when playing inf only. A slightly better gun is often the difference between getting away with 10-20 hp and being dead. The guns also respond much better to aim and controlling recoil when you have better attachments. At base level, getting mid range headshots is a PITA as the spread is quite large. Get a good grip and extended barrel and that becomes so much easier. Granted, if a gun is good, then it is usually decent at base level, but it becomes much better when you level it up. Some of my favorite attachments so far is usually well into the 20 range, so only have them on a few guns.

Having to level for hours, just to get some decent attachments means most will just find a few guns and stick with them, instead of trying out different options. It also puts those that only play a few hours a week at a noticeable disadvantage.
 
When leveling weapons I typically get 20-25 kills with 10-15 or so deaths, while with level 20 guns, or higher, I usually get 30-45 kills and similar deaths. That is when playing inf only. A slightly better gun is often the difference between getting away with 10-20 hp and being dead. The guns also respond much better to aim and controlling recoil when you have better attachments. At base level, getting mid range headshots is a PITA as the spread is quite large. Get a good grip and extended barrel and that becomes so much easier. Granted, if a gun is good, then it is usually decent at base level, but it becomes much better when you level it up. Some of my favorite attachments so far is usually well into the 20 range, so only have them on a few guns.

Having to level for hours, just to get some decent attachments means most will just find a few guns and stick with them, instead of trying out different options. It also puts those that only play a few hours a week at a noticeable disadvantage.
I play only a few hours as well. Anyways, I am not looking to get 3+ K/D (I am actually very happy with 2 K/D rn). Progression is what makes the game exciting and you can have a good time with the game. It is a very easy game to get into if you have played any shooter before this. There will be some bad games but then there will be good games as well.

If you are in for enjoyment and not chasing stats I still think you can have a good time and it is quite a pick up and play a few rounds and have fun kinda experience.

If you are not finding enjoyment in it - I can also understand that.
 
I play only a few hours as well. Anyways, I am not looking to get 3+ K/D (I am actually very happy with 2 K/D rn). Progression is what makes the game exciting and you can have a good time with the game. It is a very easy game to get into if you have played any shooter before this. There will be some bad games but then there will be good games as well.

If you are in for enjoyment and not chasing stats I still think you can have a good time and it is quite a pick up and play a few rounds and have fun kinda experience.

If you are not finding enjoyment in it - I can also understand that.
You are making a lot of assumptions. I haven't written that I don't enjoy the game, so not sure why you would make that assumption.

I have some of the best guns in the game at 30+ so I have all I need out of guns. Those guns give me a chance to 1v4 a conquest point due to suppressors and much better accuracy than the base gun. That would be very very difficult to do with a level 10 gun that makes a lot of noise, so it does give me an advantage.

I don't chase k/d, I chase objectives. Having good guns lets me do that much easier. E.g. it is a lot easier to capture conquest points when you have guns that lets you go 40-10 instead of 25-15 as it is generally easier to capture or defend points when it is the enemy dying, not you.

I am above average, but there are a lot of players that are significantly better than me. Doing 40-10 as inf is nothing special in BF 6 as the very good players are often dropping 60+ or so as inf only. However it is a world of difference from 25-15 and a significant portion of it is down to leveled guns allowing me to do more.

I am talking from a general perspective as the unlock system is really not good and way too slow. Just because you like to grind doesn't mean everyone else likes to grind out attachments and be at a disadvantage for many hours. The grind system seems to be made for people that play lots of hours, not the casual player.

We probably have different views of progression in a game. My progression revolves around doing better decisions, better understanding of how I can help my team, better map knowledge etc. The game patting me on the head, like I'm a dog, and giving me a new unlock, is not my idea of progression.
 
Looks like the no silly cosmetics promise lasted a week...



Jesus fucking Christ.. I think this will be my last online shooter.

He looks like a damn Power Ranger.

This is exactly what i'm talking about. Balance, gameplay and mindset suffer when you have progression in a PVP game. Getting good at the game should come from experience and not ALSO from having access to better equipment. Battlefield 4 was really egregious if we aren't looking at it with rose tinted glasses. The IR scope attachment was game breaking.

https://x.com/BattleNonSense/status/1980597427091493330

https://x.com/BattleNonSense/status/1979124921490882798

https://x.com/BattleNonSense/status/1978704655770079244

BF4 was problematic (with the randomized loot box) but still, the overall kills needed were less.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Vega
like this
Played some more today.. especially in Breakthrough, you can definitely tell they cheapened out on the servers. When there was heavy action, server felt bogged down, low tick rate, increased delay. I think BF6 has the worst net-code/server performance I've seen in a BF.
 
Played some more today.. especially in Breakthrough, you can definitely tell they cheapened out on the servers. When there was heavy action, server felt bogged down, low tick rate, increased delay. I think BF6 has the worst net-code/server performance I've seen in a BF.
Yeah I feel like I die behind cover often and hit reg is really bad. I'd be willing to bet the tick rate is like 20.
 
Yeah I feel like I die behind cover often and hit reg is really bad. I'd be willing to bet the tick rate is like 20.
Ticrate has been an issue in every BF game since they took private servers away.
 
12739.jpg

My biggest problem with them is they explicitly said that they were going to keep the Cosmetics grounded but then as soon as everybody's playtime or return windows were closed they go haha f*** you.
 
Played some more today.. especially in Breakthrough, you can definitely tell they cheapened out on the servers. When there was heavy action, server felt bogged down, low tick rate, increased delay. I think BF6 has the worst net-code/server performance I've seen in a BF.
I think it is a combo of overloaded servers and bad anti lag. E.g. I sometimes die when I am several meters behind the wall, which is most likely a "favor shooter" backwards reconciliation strategy. If the servers are loaded to the max then it might be slow with processing the shots as well. Wouldn't be surprised if people are put in high ping servers as well. Most games show ping on the scoreboard by default, but not BF 6.
 
My biggest problem with them is they explicitly said that they were going to keep the Cosmetics grounded but then as soon as everybody's playtime or return windows were closed they go haha f*** you.
You can't possibly be surprised that a gaming company promises one thing then delivers another these days. Roblox, Apex legends, Fortnite and dozens of others all taught them that some young players are addicted to customizables and they could easily exploit that.

I still say loot boxes should be recognized as gambling.
 
They could solve the issue by having an option to select between "mil sim" and "free for all" skins in game.
 
They could solve the issue by having an option to select between "mil sim" and "free for all" skins in game.

World of Warships has that issue (eg anime skins, Halloween skins, etc) but I think you can turn that off for default skins. Doesn't bother me tbh.

As for BF6 I think it should have that option or refrain from wild cosmetics. However the only "cartoony" skins I would endorse and pay for is Battlefield Friends skins and voiceovers too!

On a side note, I hadn't played BF6 in a week as I injured the ring finger on my left hand at the gym last week. It will probably be another week or so till I can play any PC game again. Ugh!!!
 
BF6 has been dethroned as my top game now.. I just spawned into the dark gravel map "Liberation Peak" and a character in front of me spawned in a white jumpsuit like a Russian rapper:


1761332252587.png



I will now forever call this game ClownField 6.
 
View attachment 761964
My biggest problem with them is they explicitly said that they were going to keep the Cosmetics grounded but then as soon as everybody's playtime or return windows were closed they go haha f*** you.

Yeah I knew this would happen. Haven't seen it myself yet, some questionable but not as bad so far. But yes it needs to become common to shame these people. Team kill them, don't revive them, etc. Too bad they can't get kicked from servers.
 
Relax, nobody is using a neon blue skin that looks like it was made in MSPaint. And if they do, then shoot the bastards and move on.
 
On the plus side any kids or grown men that are childish enough to use that outlandish colorful skins will be easier to shoot LOL🎯
 
Relax, nobody is using a neon blue skin that looks like it was made in MSPaint. And if they do, then shoot the bastards and move on.
I use the most obnoxious skins in every game because I know it pisses people off even more when I kill them.

If it puts me at a legitimate disadvantage it just makes it even more of a troll and more satisfying.
 
Sounds awfully like the thought process for people who use cheats.

I purposely give myself a handicap and cheaters illegitimately make it easier for themselves. Massive difference there.

If I don't do any of that and go try hard mode I'm top of the leaderboard with a 10+ kdr and it gets boring. If a game actually has a ranked competitive mode I can play that and actually get a challenge. If it's something like BF or I'm playing with friends that aren't as good I look for ways to make the game more fun. There are people that will rage regardless of which way I play, but going troll mode instead of try hard mode brings a smile to my face and often others.
 
I purposely give myself a handicap and cheaters illegitimately make it easier for themselves. Massive difference there.

If I don't do any of that and go try hard mode I'm top of the leaderboard with a 10+ kdr and it gets boring. If a game actually has a ranked competitive mode I can play that and actually get a challenge. If it's something like BF or I'm playing with friends that aren't as good I look for ways to make the game more fun. There are people that will rage regardless of which way I play, but going troll mode instead of try hard mode brings a smile to my face and often others.
I was always very high at the top of the leaderboards in 2142 (not 2042) when I played as infantry and always top in BF4 because of aircrafts although for some reason I feel like I'm going to have a harder time in BF6. Maybe the maps are larger? Or multiple kill angles? Plus I play only conquest so playing the objective means moving around and not just defending one base. I'm barely reaching level 15 so brand new unlocking the first few weapons interested to see where I land in this game after 6 months. What level are you? What is your meta weapons?
 
I agree, everything should be unlocked/available from day 1. Why should I be penalized with a built-in disadvantage because other people have a lot more time to play the game than I do? They should already be better than me because they play more, they don't need a built-in advantage on top of that.
Maybe they'll release the DEI version of BF for people who want everything without earning it.
 
Maybe they'll release the DEI version of BF for people who want everything without earning it.

You earn it the moment you pay for it.

I purposely give myself a handicap and cheaters illegitimately make it easier for themselves. Massive difference there.

Doesn't quite work like that in practice (for video games). You typically become trained to see certain characters/patterns. When a new character comes out that looks radically different, it may take you a while to figure out that it is a character. This happened a lot in the recent CoD games where I would think a prone character was some prop or debris only for to turn out to be an active player. You get killed a few times and then learn to recognize those odd colors. Part of the problem is it doesn't quite look like what you would expect.

For the gun camos, I have to say the default ones look kind of lame and artificial. Unlock requirements are a bit high. There are some "special" versions that look nice but when I switch to them it resets my accessories. Not sure why the "special" skins reset them, I would like to switch between them and not re-equip my accessories.

Not being able to edit weapons post match while in the queue is annoying to. A number of minor yet annoying UI design issues in this game.
 
Last edited:
You earn it the moment you pay for it.



Doesn't quite work like that in practice (for video games). You typically become trained to see certain characters/patterns. When a new character comes out that looks radically different, it may take you a while to figure out that it is a character. This happened a lot in the recent CoD games where I would think a prone character was some prop or debris only for to turn out to be an active player. You get killed a few times and then learn to recognize those odd colors. Part of the problem is it doesn't quite look like what you would expect.

For the gun camos, I have to say the default ones look kind of lame and artificial. Unlock requirements are a bit high. There are some "special" versions that look nice but when I switch to them it resets my accessories. Not sure why the "special" skins reset them, I would like to switch between them and not re-equip my accessories.

Not being able to edit weapons post match while in the queue is annoying to. A number of minor yet annoying UI design issues in this game.
you can wait for the DEI version too.
 
you can wait for the DEI version too.

BF6 is already full of DEI. Women as infantry, clown skins (though not many yet). If I see you in game I'll TK you though. ;)

Unlocks in a paid game is like charging up front for a meal, and then making the customer clean 100 dishes before they are served.

Unlocks are okay if they're not too annoying/long, otherwise it just forces people to play things they don't want to do or encourages bad gameplay/teamplay.
 
BF6 is already full of DEI. Women as infantry, clown skins (though not many yet). If I see you in game I'll TK you though. ;)

Unlocks in a paid game is like charging up front for a meal, and then making the customer clean 100 dishes before they are served.

Unlocks are okay if they're not too annoying/long, otherwise it just forces people to play things they don't want to do or encourages bad gameplay/teamplay.
Unlocks in a game is like adding toppings to your pizza
 
WTF is with the SLM AA?! Ive locked on to numerous Helo's / planes, fire and the fucking thing just goes the opposite way...
 
Maybe they'll release the DEI version of BF for people who want everything without earning it.

Oh ya you mean "earn it" like those tens of thousands of rank 100+ players that farmed XP portal servers for weeks before being nurfed instead of playing the game. o_O
 
Back
Top