• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

I'm tired of a third of each team playing recon and 90% of them being useless.

Ya very frustrating, like gnats constantly annoying you. I fear this game will devolve into a 50% plus sniper player fest like BF1 eventually turned into.

No idea what DICE was smoking even making the situation worse with auto range finder. Now just point and click.
 
Low teamwork in a lot of matches

Par for the course in a lot of shooter games. It has probably always been this way but it seems worse in the last few years. Its bad even in team shooters like Overwatch and Rivals, games that are all about good team play.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Vega
like this
I'm tired of a third of each team playing recon and 90% of them being useless.
The good thing about most snipers being useless is that they can be farmed if you get tired of snipers on the enemy team and decide counter snipe.

Not just snipers that are useless though. I've had 5 medics standing within 10m, no enemy in sight, and I still didn't get revived. Sometimes you get the dream team where everyone paddles like madmen, but most of the time you have 2-4 good medics on the team and about 10 useless ones. Love it when I get the good squad, every 10-20 games, where everyone is reviving, have above average aim and pushes together.

Feels like the level of players and teamwork did drop quite a lot after redsec came out. My guess is that a lot of the better players went over to playing that instead of the main game.

Teamwork on your average BF server has usually been quite low. It helped a lot when you had persistent servers, as you could get on a server where you knew almost everyone would try their best to play as a team. Almost never played on random servers in BF3 as the random servers where kind of like your average BF6 game, usually low teamwork and lots of deer in the headlights type players.

It has usually been the players that make me stop playing BF games, not so much the game itself. Having lots of useless snipers way up in the hills, players that hide in a corner half the game to get a few easy frags and never play the objective etc. just makes for boring games. Some games are so boring when everyone on one team is playing and only half the other team is playing (rest hiding with snipers or sitting in the hill with tanks), that you want to leave the server even when you are winning by 400 tickets.
 
After playing more Conquest, I still don't like tanks or IFVs much. I don't think they play good in this game. Part of it is map design and part of it is the vehicles themselves. The city maps are too restrictive. This is realistic in a way and why tanks don't do well in urban environments in the real world but it isn't fun to play in a game like BF. Repairman duels are common, you can more or less keep going at it forever if there are multiple repairmen on the vehicle. I get that it promotes team work but it feels artificial and plays poorly when you just sit there dumping round after round in each other and no one dies. I still seldom see tank/IFV battles with decisive results. The end result is they largely ignore each other, sit atop a hill and kill infantry with the machine guns. Because that is the only weapon that works well for anything. I've done that and rack up high KDRs but it isn't fun. Mines seems to be more prevalent and deadly which further limits mobility. In BF3/4 you could play aggressively, push into objectives, circle around capture points and get many kills. But you could easily get taken out by 1-2 infantrymen. In BF6 this is suicidal and never works.


A bit less important, but I do find some of the BF6 camo options to just look odd. Comparing it to MW2022, some of the "regular" camos in BF6 just look a bit artificial in pattern and/or coloring. This M4 camo looks okay but those black dots kind of ruin the camo pattern.

Battlefield 6 Screenshot 2025.11.13 - 21.07.00.56.pngCall of Duty  Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Screenshot 2025.11.13 - 21.23.18.10.png


The one on the AK here just has odd patterning. Half the forest camos have an odd radioactive Xbox logo looking green, this is one of the better ones.

Battlefield 6 Screenshot 2025.11.13 - 21.28.56.31.pngCall of Duty  Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Screenshot 2025.11.13 - 21.23.38.53.png

I think the CoD camos just look more realistic and nicer. Yeah MW2022 has a lot of garbage ones like skull themes, but the good ones are just better. They also break up the pattern more. BF6 ones, when I blur my eyes, just look like green blobs. The CoD ones break up the object much better.

There are some better ones in BF6 to but overall most of them just look ugly.
 
The spotting in this game is seriously so broken

1 pixel off and it places a marker that blocks visibility horribly

Absolutely braindead when I try to spot someone and I literally make it worse
 
Mines seems to be more prevalent and deadly
You probably know this already but for those who don't: while driving a tank you can press a button (usually crouch) which lowers your speed but allows you to safely drive over mines without triggering them.
 
Also I'm convinced the DMR that 2 shots is actually broken as shit and I don't know why people don't use it more

It's stupid good.

You probably know this already but for those who don't: while driving a tank you can press a button (usually crouch) which lowers your speed but allows you to safely drive over mines without triggering them.

What the hell
 
After playing more Conquest, I still don't like tanks or IFVs much. I don't think they play good in this game. Part of it is map design and part of it is the vehicles themselves. The city maps are too restrictive. This is realistic in a way and why tanks don't do well in urban environments in the real world but it isn't fun to play in a game like BF. Repairman duels are common, you can more or less keep going at it forever if there are multiple repairmen on the vehicle. I get that it promotes team work but it feels artificial and plays poorly when you just sit there dumping round after round in each other and no one dies. I still seldom see tank/IFV battles with decisive results. The end result is they largely ignore each other, sit atop a hill and kill infantry with the machine guns. Because that is the only weapon that works well for anything. I've done that and rack up high KDRs but it isn't fun. Mines seems to be more prevalent and deadly which further limits mobility. In BF3/4 you could play aggressively, push into objectives, circle around capture points and get many kills. But you could easily get taken out by 1-2 infantrymen. In BF6 this is suicidal and never works.

Yup, why I don't play vehicles anymore. They simply aren't fun. I have much more fun as an Engineer destroying vehicles that people were stupid enough to get into in the first place. I actually see more vehicles now at spawn not being taken. There are always a lot of engineers on the opposing team because vehicles are easy to destroy.

You probably know this already but for those who don't: while driving a tank you can press a button (usually crouch) which lowers your speed but allows you to safely drive over mines without triggering them.

I have no problem with mines if they are actually visible. Sometimes they bug out and are under rubble or something and are impossible to see.
 
You probably know this already but for those who don't: while driving a tank you can press a button (usually crouch) which lowers your speed but allows you to safely drive over mines without triggering them.

There is also an upgrade that makes them pop up on the HUD for one of the vehicles. But it still slows down the gameplay a lot. They were there and deadly in BF3/4 as well, but in part due to map design and just more aggressive vehicle playing styles it wasn't as much of an issue.

Yup, why I don't play vehicles anymore. They simply aren't fun. I have much more fun as an Engineer destroying vehicles that people were stupid enough to get into in the first place. I actually see more vehicles now at spawn not being taken. There are always a lot of engineers on the opposing team because vehicles are easy to destroy.

Which is a shame. I hope they do decide to change them and make them more viable for aggressive play styles. But from the sound of things from both developers and the players they want them to be under powered. What I find ironic is half the people who complain about powerful vehicles also hate TDM/Domination/other infantry only modes. If you don't want to fight vehicles play those.

If you watch a video comparing Firestorm BF6 to BF3, you'll see how much more cluttered it is. It is still a good map but there are many more obstacles in the way which prevent fluid vehicle movement. More places for infantry to hide to. The original map didn't have a problem with it, there are many warehouses, the pipelines, etc. to hide between. I like it for a BF6 map but it honestly plays a good bit worse than BF3/4's version.
 
Also I'm convinced the DMR that 2 shots is actually broken as shit and I don't know why people don't use it more
I use it but I can see why others don't. It's slow firing, horrendous recoil, and slow projectile speed which requires you to lead off running targets. Takes a decent amount of skill to use effectively. You're also useless in close quarters.
 
I use it but I can see why others don't. It's slow firing, horrendous recoil, and slow projectile speed which requires you to lead off running targets. Takes a decent amount of skill to use effectively. You're also useless in close quarters.

I dunno what you're talking about, you can pretty much fire it as fast as it'll go easily and someone is dead in 2 taps at any range. The recoil resets so fast that the kick is basically nothing in practice, it's almost all just "visual" because it's basically level again by the time it's ready to fire again in a second. Just pull against it a little and you're good.


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb0tXllgfFI


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx-nHw_Gb_o

I'm getting silly games with this thing, it absolutely deletes people. I just pistol up close since the hipfire on it is possibly the worst thing in the world.

1763175769307.png

1763175790535.png


After playing more Conquest, I still don't like tanks or IFVs much. I don't think they play good in this game. Part of it is map design and part of it is the vehicles themselves. The city maps are too restrictive. This is realistic in a way and why tanks don't do well in urban environments in the real world but it isn't fun to play in a game like BF. Repairman duels are common, you can more or less keep going at it forever if there are multiple repairmen on the vehicle. I get that it promotes team work but it feels artificial and plays poorly when you just sit there dumping round after round in each other and no one dies. I still seldom see tank/IFV battles with decisive results. The end result is they largely ignore each other, sit atop a hill and kill infantry with the machine guns. Because that is the only weapon that works well for anything. I've done that and rack up high KDRs but it isn't fun. Mines seems to be more prevalent and deadly which further limits mobility. In BF3/4 you could play aggressively, push into objectives, circle around capture points and get many kills. But you could easily get taken out by 1-2 infantrymen. In BF6 this is suicidal and never works.


A bit less important, but I do find some of the BF6 camo options to just look odd. Comparing it to MW2022, some of the "regular" camos in BF6 just look a bit artificial in pattern and/or coloring. This M4 camo looks okay but those black dots kind of ruin the camo pattern.

The vehicles seem to control so badly. I don't remember having trouble in BF4 but armor is abysmal to drive in this.

It's actually awful to drive them on urban, closed in maps. It's so awkward.

And the main guns are pretty meh compared to the divine hand of god that is the gunner turret.
 
I dunno what you're talking about, you can pretty much fire it as fast as it'll go easily and someone is dead in 2 taps at any range. The recoil resets so fast that the kick is basically nothing in practice, it's almost all just "visual" because it's basically level again by the time it's ready to fire again in a second. Just pull against it a little and you're good.


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb0tXllgfFI


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx-nHw_Gb_o

I'm getting silly games with this thing, it absolutely deletes people. I just pistol up close since the hipfire on it is possibly the worst thing in the world.

The SVK is good for holding angles, protecting an area while shooting from cover or taking down snipers, but it is terrible to push into conquest points full of buildings or hunting down enemies on the point. It is good for certain roles, but it is not an all round weapon.

If you end up in an aim duel in the open then you essentially need to get the first hit as getting hit seems to knock of your aim quite a bit. Competent players with ARs, SMGs, carabines or LMGs will mostly kill you at sub 20m before you get the second shot off if both are in the open and using pistol vs competent players is a crap shot at best. Granted a lot of games only have a few competent players, but if you end up in a game with mostly competent players, then the SVK is very limiting if you are pushing conquest points.

I mostly combo the SVK with the NVO, M4A1 or similar on the assault class. Granted you get to little ammo for your primary, so you have to use the SVK a lot, but at least you can push objectives.
 
Why do people defend obvious cheaters for?

Just had a sniper in infantry breakthrough go 76-2, but only after we steam rolled the first 2 sections.

Then the sniper started busting out head shots across the map like he was using a shotgun at point blank, at the end he got about 10 head shots in 15 seconds....
 
Won a BR finally

I think my gripes are...

- Footsteps are fucked up sometimes and don't play. This is pretty obnoxious.
- There's just TOO much background noise, it's insane. There's TONS of random noise that makes it half impossible sometimes to figure out what the fuck you're actually hearing.
- Helicopters are completely useless. A squad can kill them in like literally a few seconds of focus fire.
- Tanks are honestly just dumb in BR. Unless you have multiple engineers you're probably fucked. It's not exactly fun to get game overed 20 minutes in with zero counterplay.
 
Why do people defend obvious cheaters for?

Just had a sniper in infantry breakthrough go 76-2, but only after we steam rolled the first 2 sections.

Then the sniper started busting out head shots across the map like he was using a shotgun at point blank, at the end he got about 10 head shots in 15 seconds....

Ya something is off with Snipers lately. Like 3/4 of my deaths from Snipers are headshots. No matter if I'm running, zig-zagging, peeping over cover etc. Maybe that inane auto range finder that should NEVER have been put in game sets their scope slightly high.
 
Why do people defend obvious cheaters for?

Just had a sniper in infantry breakthrough go 76-2, but only after we steam rolled the first 2 sections.

Then the sniper started busting out head shots across the map like he was using a shotgun at point blank, at the end he got about 10 head shots in 15 seconds....
The problem is that low skilled players have been accusing high skill players of cheating like forever. I've played against players on other games where the entire server was sure they were cheating, but those players are now considered legends in those games as they were even better on lan. Basically people have been crying wolf since the beginning of MP gaming to protect their fragile EGO, which is why people are cautious of accepting cheat accusations without proper proof. It used to be the norm that you sucked at a game if no one called you out for cheating. I must suck at BF6 though, as I haven't been called a cheater once, only lots of "sure".

Those of us who are above average and been around in competitive scenes for many years, will have moments where we drop 5 players with sniper headshots in less than 10 seconds, but it is rare that we do that. At the same we know that there are players with higher skill out there that have the consistency that we lack. There are players out there capable of consistently doing the type of plays which most of us just do occasionally.

Going 76-2 in itself isn't proof of cheating, you would need to actually watch a replay of his view the entire game to know. It could be that he didn't get good angles on the first two sectors, sectors went so fast that he didn't have time to frag because your team threw smokes and flooded the points behind cover etc. On a map like Liberation peak the first sector sucks for snipers in both directions as the mostly battle each other. The 2nd sector is quite a bit better, but not that good angles on inf, mostly on snipers in the hills, when on defense. The third and fifth sectors are the best for sniping and the fourth isn't too bad either in the context of getting kills with sniper.

There are probably some cheaters out there, but I haven't encountered more than a few really suspect players in BF6, most of it has been probable wallhacks. E.g. you hold a lane to a conquest point defensively for 15 seconds and just after you start to move they pop out and shoot you and they do it multiple times.

Demos or recordings are often the best measure, but a lot of times it is just that other dude having a good game. I've played against players that have so insane aim that you wonder how it is possible, but you know they do it on lan.

Ya something is off with Snipers lately. Like 3/4 of my deaths from Snipers are headshots. No matter if I'm running, zig-zagging, peeping over cover etc. Maybe that inane auto range finder that should NEVER have been put in game sets their scope slightly high.
I usually go for the head. I think I have something like 80% of my mini scout kills as headshots. I don't need the ranger finder below 200m, it is only above 300m that it becomes a bit harder to judge the trajectory for sniper bullets as the snipers shoot quite straight in this game. My favorite build has a silencer and more stuff, so no room for the range finder. My guess is the bullet drop is 30-40% of what it was in BF3/4.
 
I think I've come across more Cronus console cheaters than PC. Like how did you just hip spray me down in .1 second standing with a machine gun at 50 meters.


giphy.gif



Bold statement: BF6 Breakthrough is the least fun Breakthrough since its inception. Discuss.
 
Last edited:
I’ve been playing BF6 for a few weeks now, and there is a lot I like, but what I don’t like is taking away from having a good experience.

My biggest gripe is the size of the maps and how tanks and snipers can literally sit in their HQ area and spam other control points. I find I’m almost always under constant fire, making things a complete cluster fuck. My second gripe is how one team can so quickly overrun all of the control points within minutes, pinning the opposing team in their own HQ, or if they are lucky they might have one point which is under constant attack, leading to the match ending within minutes.
Lastly it seems the weapons are poorly balanced, the submachine gun seems very overpowered, able to get kills from a distance. Assault rifles and LMG’s seem like peashooters.

So I’m on the fence of liking or disliking the game, I find it very stressful compared to previous Battlefields, and not a lot of fun at times. I’ve played every other previous Battlefield and considerer myself an average player, but staying alive is a bitch. Maybe I’m getting old, maybe this is just the way it is, IDK.
 
I have some kind of battlefield 6 redsec game on steam,in library, what is it? I didn't buy battlefield 6, I only played the "full version" of the beta
 
The Battle Royale version
Battlefield 6 redneck.
I have no idea what battle royale is, I watched some YouTube videos where characters change weapons and items like crazy.And immediately gave up on it.
It would be better if they offered to people some free servers where they could play some free TDM or CQ, maybe even small CQ
 
Battlefield 6 redneck.
I have no idea what battle royale is, I watched some YouTube videos where characters change weapons and items like crazy.And immediately gave up on it.
It would be better if they offered to people some free servers where they could play some free TDM or CQ, maybe even small CQ
Battle royale is essentially a large free for all, usually with last man/team standing as winner. In gaming it usually has lots of looting for resources and a shrinking combat arena, where the game is over when only one team is left. Team sizes are typically in the 1-4 members size. Not my cup of tea, but it has been perhaps the most popular sub-genre in the FPS space for the last few years.
 
Battle royale is essentially a large free for all, usually with last man/team standing as winner. In gaming it usually has lots of looting for resources and a shrinking combat arena, where the game is over when only one team is left. Team sizes are typically in the 1-4 members size. Not my cup of tea, but it has been perhaps the most popular sub-genre in the FPS space for the last few years.
It's been a decade at this point. Started spiking high in 2015 and in 2017 Fortnite came out.
 
I have some kind of battlefield 6 redsec game on steam,in library, what is it? I didn't buy battlefield 6, I only played the "full version" of the beta
It's free to play for everyone. Feel free to download it and give it a try.
 
Got a few more battle Royale wins

I like the dynamic circle, much less getting screwed by an unlucky circle at the end like PUBG.

I hope the fix the screwed up sound sooner than later and don't take ages to add additional maps.
 
It's free to play for everyone. Feel free to download it and give it a try.
If I didn't have back problems then maybe I would, and not just Battlefield, and an additional factor is that I've never had an adequate chair, it became clear to me recently,you need to find a chair that suits you completely.
 
I saw this last night, it was the Mirak Valley map in one of the two center control point. It was the second floor of the building, there’s no way to get a tank in there, so it had to be some kind of hack. Pretty funny seeing it though.

screenshot.jpeg
 
Last edited:
In team death match the map is garbage. Too many angles, squads seem to spawn all over the place, ranges are too long for the high recoil guns in this game. The crappy lighting also makes the interiors pitch black so you'll have a dark room where players inside can see you but if you're outside you can't see them.

In Conquest it is an okay medium sized map, but vehicles suck so badly I will probably seldom play it. I don't get why the IFV's cannon drops more than a 9mm pistol. King of splash damage, 0 kills.
 
I have a love hate relationship with airstrikes in BR

I think they're good overall because they're actually dangerous, and forces people to move instead of just hiding in buildings all game. This along with the circle moving and the firewall actually being dangerous is good. In PUBG you can literally spend half the game outside the zone. Here it will kill you effectively instantly if you touch it and gradually injure you if you hug it super close.

But you probably get too many. Why am I finding airstrikes in the first crate I literally loot sometimes? Occasionally you get into fights where you just have 3 or 4 airstrikes dumped on you back to back. It gets a little ridiculous sometimes.
 
Theyre really dropping the ball IMO.

This latest update has broken stuff and I have no idea how. Im dying like never before, the net code is pure jank now. It feels really bad. Usually Id go 2-1 or 3-1 in a match, now im 1-1 or worse sometimes. Getting killed behind cover, getting killed when I have the jump on people, getting killed by people not even looking at me. Garbage.

Sabotage is a shit game mode, just kamikaze the boxes until you win.

They cut ticket count in conquest, then they increased ticket bleed. They've since increased ticket counts again, but kept the increased bleed. So matches are very short now, still. And you're screwed if the other team manages to get 3 caps.

Lastly, they changed K/D in Daddlefield (casual breakthrough) so that kills dont count, but deaths still do. Kd doesnt mean much but its the principle of the matter.


Im close to hanging it up and finding something better to do. Good thing POE 2 season starts soon
 
Theyre really dropping the ball IMO.

This latest update has broken stuff and I have no idea how. Im dying like never before, the net code is pure jank now. It feels really bad. Usually Id go 2-1 or 3-1 in a match, now im 1-1 or worse sometimes. Getting killed behind cover, getting killed when I have the jump on people, getting killed by people not even looking at me. Garbage.

Sabotage is a shit game mode, just kamikaze the boxes until you win.

They cut ticket count in conquest, then they increased ticket bleed. They've since increased ticket counts again, but kept the increased bleed. So matches are very short now, still. And you're screwed if the other team manages to get 3 caps.

Lastly, they changed K/D in Daddlefield (casual breakthrough) so that kills dont count, but deaths still do. Kd doesnt mean much but its the principle of the matter.


Im close to hanging it up and finding something better to do. Good thing POE 2 season starts soon
Sounds like a skill issue. The netcode has been slightly broken since the beta, but it is not any worse now than it was previously. Going 2:1 or 5:1 K/D mostly depends on the players on the server and how good your medics are. If everyone on opposing team is good and your teams medics are shit, then 2:1 is not that abnormal, but if your medics and team m8s are good then going 5:1 is often easy. If you are going 1:1 then you are most likely going against stronger players than before or everyone else has improved and you haven't.

It does seem like it is mixing low and high skill more now though as I see a lot of players going negative K/D now days, even with medics. The skill gap between worst and best players is just much larger now and a lot of the lower skilled ones are getting farmed. What I would consider bad players (and the worst 10 guys on the server) in the first few weeks seems to be the guys that are middle of the pack now and the worst players are much worse.

In the first few weeks, negative K/D was quite rare and it as most got revived enough to get slightly positive net. Real net then it would be different as most at 1.5 K/D is probably real K/D below 1.0 and 3.0 is more like 2.0 real K/D.

Conquest is a lot easier to have comebacks in now, but your team and you must want to play the objectives. E.g. you can easily catch a 300 ticket lead now, which was really hard with the original bleed. Just depends on you and your team not giving up. Even at 100 - 300 tickets, it is still possible to come back, which makes for more exciting matches. Of course it can be disheartening when your team goes down by 200 tickets in a few minutes, but the comeback is easier if you PTFO.

Sabotage is boring, but it is also optional to play. Did do 5 matches to try it out and get most of the challenges, but won't play it again.

Casual breakthrough is a joke mode IMO. If offense is decent, then offence always wins and it is not very exciting to play against bots. Mostly used that mode for leveling weapons or do challenges that are really tedious to do in a normal match, like the incendiary shotgun.
 
Hit reg literally feels the exact same to me, I have never seen anything like these clips I occasionally see people posting

I shoot people and they die

Also how do they fuck up the gun customization so bad that it says +infinity for reload time
1763697937218.png
 
Last edited:
Sounds like a skill issue. The netcode has been slightly broken since the beta, but it is not any worse now than it was previously. Going 2:1 or 5:1 K/D mostly depends on the players on the server and how good your medics are. If everyone on opposing team is good and your teams medics are shit, then 2:1 is not that abnormal, but if your medics and team m8s are good then going 5:1 is often easy. If you are going 1:1 then you are most likely going against stronger players than before or everyone else has improved and you haven't.

I will say my KDR dropped after the last patch. There is also a revive issue, medics have difficultly reviving me. Sometimes they have to do it 4-5 times with the shock pads. Maybe the "hit box" for the shock pads got smaller. I have little issuing riving others though. I've heard people complain about it in game. I've noticed a big drop off of medics using shock pads.

I have to say I am warming up to the new map in Conquest. There is at least 2 tanks and 1 IFV per team, helicopters don't seem to get instant killed the moment they take off.

Apparently to progress the path to unlock the new shotgun you must complete weekly challenges. The problem is again they are gated behind modes I have zero desire to play. One challenge needs me to get more RPG/rocket kills, so will play the California map more. Seems nice for infantry to hide and ambush in.
 
Back
Top