• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

Like, this game just seems to prioritize being a complete clusterfuck at any given moment over any other facet of gameplay.
Just like real life.

I agree though, I quit maps once in a while when I can't even get out of spawn because the defenders are pushed up to attacker spawn in breakthrough. Hard to fight through 32 dug in players sometimes.
 
Some of the guns are just oddly balanced. Unlocked the Galil ACE (NVO-228) and I don't get it. At stock it has less recoil than my level 20 M4, shoots a larger caliber that does more damage, and still has room for other unlocks like reload speed increases or head shot damage increasing ammo (Hollow Point?). Rate of fire is average, but it is so flat shooting at stock. For things like the M4 I will need to make sacrifices like remove reload speed increases, or remove Hollow Point ammo just to keep it reasonably controllable. This thing also seems to do more damage than the even larger caliber rifles.

I like how it plays. I think this is more how most of the rifles should handle.

AK4D is also good.
 
Last edited:
Casual breakthrough is a crazy good XP farm. I kind of like it. You're able to get A LOT of kills while also running into human players here and there to keep you on your toes. It's also a great way to try out flanks relatively risk free.

scoreboard.png
 
Casual breakthrough is a crazy good XP farm. I kind of like it. You're able to get A LOT of kills while also running into human players here and there to keep you on your toes. It's also a great way to try out flanks relatively risk free.

View attachment 765515

It hurts my soul a little to do this, but I might try throwing a round or two at it for new guns just because fuck half of the new weapons I unlock having almost nothing I want on it for like the first couple hours.
 
Ah, yes, the ultimate balance: having guns not shoot straight.
You ever shot guns before? Not all of them are sub moa accuracy. Particularly belt fed 50s with extremely loose tolerances (by design for reliability) exasperated further by the fact it’s mounted on a swivel which is mounted on a seat that rotates which is mounted on a moving vehicle. Then you combine all that with a barrel that’s likely clapped out to begin with.

Oh yeah, and military ammo which isn’t exactly match grade either.
 
Apparently there is a double XP weekend, but it might not apply to all game modes. I don't think it applies to TDM, I was thinking of using that to level up my guns.

You ever shot guns before? Not all of them are sub moa accuracy. Particularly belt fed 50s with extremely loose tolerances (by design for reliability) exasperated further by the fact it’s mounted on a swivel which is mounted on a seat that rotates which is mounted on a moving vehicle. Then you combine all that with a barrel that’s likely clapped out to begin with.

Oh yeah, and military ammo which isn’t exactly match grade either.

They are referring to the heavy handed artificial bloom/spread that games often use, like BF2. Most games don't even have the bullets originate from the barrel, so at times you can have the gun pointed right at them but bullets will spawn 3 feet to the right of your gun. Or sometimes the spread is just so high at range its absurd. Bullets don't fly perfectly straight but the drop off in games is typically very unrealistic. 100 meters in game is more like 350 meters in the real world for most games that feature bullet drop. Sometimes even higher. The sniper rifles in BF6, from what little I've played with them, still have a lot of drop at 100 meters. These are designed to be fairly flat shooting out to 800+ meters in the real world.

A big issue is screen resolution, size, and just the way things are rendered in game. A man at 100 meters in the real world is easy to spot, in video games that will be long range. To accurately see and shoot past 100 meters in most games you typically need a high powered scope. A game that does model ballistics fairly decently is the ArmA series, and typically past 200 meters I need to use a very high powered scope. Past 250-300 or so meters it is impossible to spot a man sized target. So it can be odd in that an M4 with Aimpoint/ACOG should easily hit a target at that range in the real world, but in a video game, you need to resort to a high powered scope.

If you want to get technical often bullets rise and drop, and different bullet types behave differently, barrel length matters, etc. But that is all too complex for a mainstream game like Battlefield. It just needs to have some type of drop compensation and the guns should generally be accurate enough. In BF4 I could "pixel shoot" people accurately. That was certainly fine and fun. I find the LMGs on tanks to be fine. The problem is the main armament has too little ammo and is too weak.
 
Last edited:
Apparently there is a double XP weekend, but it might not apply to all game modes. I don't think it applies to TDM, I was thinking of using that to level up my guns.



They are referring to the heavy handed artificial bloom/spread that games often use, like BF2. Most games don't even have the bullets originate from the barrel, so at times you can have the gun pointed right at them but bullets will spawn 3 feet to the right of your gun. Or sometimes the spread is just so high at range its absurd. Bullets don't fly perfectly straight but the drop off in games is typically very unrealistic. 100 meters in game is more like 350 meters in the real world for most games that feature bullet drop. Sometimes even higher. The sniper rifles in BF6, from what little I've played with them, still have a lot of drop at 100 meters. These are designed to be fairly flat shooting out to 800+ meters in the real world.

A big issue is screen resolution, size, and just the way things are rendered in game. A man at 100 meters in the real world is easy to spot, in video games that will be long range. To accurately see and shoot past 100 meters in most games you typically need a high powered scope. A game that does model ballistics fairly decently is the ArmA series, and typically past 200 meters I need to use a very high powered scope. Past 250-300 or so meters it is impossible to spot a man sized target. So it can be odd in that an M4 with Aimpoint/ACOG should easily hit a target at that range in the real world, but in a video game, you need to resort to a high powered scope.

If you want to get technical often bullets rise and drop, and different bullet types behave differently, barrel length matters, etc. But that is all too complex for a mainstream game like Battlefield. It just needs to have some type of drop compensation and the guns should generally be accurate enough. In BF4 I could "pixel shoot" people accurately. That was certainly fine and fun. I find the LMGs on tanks to be fine. The problem is the main armament has too little ammo and is too weak.
Bullet drop mainly depends on distance and projectile velocity and sniper rifles aren't exempt from it in the real world. No gun would should straight at 800m, in the real world you adjust your sight/scope based on distance to change the angle of your barrel when the target is in sight and you would fire quite a bit upwards at 800m. Essentially zeroing your rifle. You would typically zero the scope to the rifle at a given distance and then you would know how many notches to adjust based on distance. Wind would also be a factor as it can move a bullet quite a bit of target at longer distances.

Battlefield has never been about realism, mostly about arcade style gameplay. Repairing tanks with a blowtorch, killing 30 people in 20 minutes and lots of full auto, ammo magically appearing from ammo bags etc. It is all about balance and having a game that is fun to play.
 
Wish there was an option to not backfill games. Most of the games that it backfills you into are almost done or one team is stomping the others. Using the backfill to fix their shit team balancing is just dumb. I usually just leave and start the search again if either team is below 600 tickets on join.
 
Wish there was an option to not backfill games. Most of the games that it backfills you into are almost done or one team is stomping the others. Using the backfill to fix their shit team balancing is just dumb. I usually just leave and start the search again if either team is below 600 tickets on join.

Am I lucky because I haven't had this happen to me at all

At worst, I've gotten put in a game that basically just started. Maybe underway for a couple minutes tops.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DF-1
like this
The custom conquest version of the BR map is really cool

It is unlike any other map in the game. It's visually crystal clear, colorful, isn't cramped as shit. Go find it in the browser and run around, there's a couple versions.

Unfortunately portal is currently implemented in a stupid way. You get jack shit for experience and I have a feeling that basically kills it for a giant chunk of people

Dice should be promoting this content on the main menu and cycling it every week. Remixing maps is a great idea I think, especially the BR maps. It's already built and can be turned into even more content by the community.
 
The custom conquest version of the BR map is really cool

It is unlike any other map in the game. It's visually crystal clear, colorful, isn't cramped as shit. Go find it in the browser and run around, there's a couple versions.

Unfortunately portal is currently implemented in a stupid way. You get jack shit for experience and I have a feeling that basically kills it for a giant chunk of people

Dice should be promoting this content on the main menu and cycling it every week. Remixing maps is a great idea I think, especially the BR maps. It's already built and can be turned into even more content by the community.
Dice shouldn't be promoting that content...

They should fire their map design team and hire people from the community. You know, people that actually played Battlefield.

Did their best map designers go to Embark?
 
Some of the balancing is terrible in this game. MP7 is trash, M1014 is trash. Pump action shotgun is very good. There are so many extremes here.
 
For some reason the norm is winning or losing by 400+ tickets. Had like 4-5 really good ones where it comes down to 2 tickets and you just smile when the idiots on the other team don't wait for medics when their team has 5 tickets left. Most games are at least 300 tickets left for the winning team and they seem to think that a few players can hard carry 20+ headless chickens.

Just drives me mad when people think conquest is about getting the most captures, it is about holding the majority of points and defending them. In all the games where we completely stomp out the enemy team it is through defending the points, often with 600+ tickets left. In those games, pretty everyone on the team has less than 10 captures as you don't have to recap when you defend properly. How you lose is when 15 people go to cap point 4 out of 5 and we have like 5-10 guys vs 25 of the enemy defending the points we already have. You just end up losing the 3 points you had and are stuck recapturing. Nothing burns enemy tickets faster than than good defense of a point, as the enemy will not be able to revive their players when everyone attacking the point is dead. Easy win is just getting the majority and then defending those at all cost, but people want their stats and thinks 15 kill, 20 deaths and 20 captures is a good statline. Shame they don't show defends as those are often as valuable as a capture.
 
Dice shouldn't be promoting that content...

They should fire their map design team and hire people from the community. You know, people that actually played Battlefield.

Did their best map designers go to Embark?
You have to go back to BF4, BF3 and BC2 for when maps where great in BF and even those had lots of duds. BF1, BFV and 2042 had lots of sniper heaven type maps, huge open areas with little cover and lazy map design. The smaller maps in BF6 are generally fine, but some maps like Manhatten Bridge, Mirak Vally and New Sobek City could use dsome adjustments. Blackwell Fields is probably a lost cause.

Maps do play differently when people have greater skill. The skill level among infs was generally super low in older BF titles. When 70% can barely aim then you can cross areas where you would die almost instantly if everyone has good aim and weapon handling. In BF 6 you have games where 70% can aim and games where 70% can't aim, but usually at least 50% has decent aim. This changes the dynamic of the maps. Back in the days there were a lot of players who had to have a tank or chopper to farm inf as they were getting farmed by everyone, including infs. On some of the larger maps you would have 5+ people waiting for vehicles to die and respawn, that is when you know there is something wrong with the map design. Maps have to cater to both inf and vehicles, otherwise you will end up with only half having a power trip in a vehicle and the rest not having much fun. Nothing like people with dogshit aim feeling good about themselves when in a vehicle in wide open spaces shooting at people that can't fight back. Most maps in BF6 gives engineers a decent chance of taking out tanks and low skill tank drivers die almost instantly.

Mirak Valley just devolves into fighting over B and D endlessly, with none of the other points being used much. The map itself has great potential, but needs some adjustments. Moving B to between the buildings, moving D into the empty field with some more cover and cutting down the buildings to 3-4 stories would help a lot. Fighting over A, C and E are a lot of fun, but 70% of the game revolves around B and D so it becomes to monotonous.

New Sobek City needs a lot of adjustments like removing access to the high roofs (out of bounds zone) and probably quite a bit of reworking of the capture points. Most of them are not fun to fight over so I never play that map.

Manhatten Bridge should move B down to the park and cut off rooftop access at B for the conquest version. D could also be moved into the warehouse where there is a capture point in the breakthrough version. A and E are also a bit boring to fight over, with little cover and options to attack from windows and rooftops. Only good capture point on that map is C IMO.

Blackwell Fields feels like something out of BF 1 or BF V. Just large open areas with high hills for snipers and little cover. Probably not fixable without reworking the entire map.
 
Some of the balancing is terrible in this game. MP7 is trash, M1014 is trash. Pump action shotgun is very good. There are so many extremes here.

I think SMGs drag the shotgun down, they're just easier and more effective at nearly every range.

Maybe if you lurk on a point and never miss a one shot kill ever.

I saw this on facebook, anyone know if it's real? Couldn't find any info about the hire online.

View attachment 765673

I'm not so sure Cairo deserves praise...
 
I just got the game and it a blast, the performance is excellent while graphics are top notch. I did have one question though, I noticed my memory creeping up initially from about 9gb to around 14gb and a warning that I've exceeded the vram, so what's going on with this?
 
Just drives me mad when people think conquest is about getting the most captures, it is about holding the majority of points and defending them.
Conquest has been a merry-go-round for as long as I can remember. Capture one point and immediately move on to the next. Nobody has the attention span to sit on a point and defend it.
 
Conquest has been a merry-go-round for as long as I can remember. Capture one point and immediately move on to the next. Nobody has the attention span to sit on a point and defend it.
Maybe 25% of the time I get a team that will defend the points and most of the time it is an easy win. Way back in BF3, people were also quite good at defending the points, but that game had player hosted servers so you could go to servers where people actually bothered to play the overall objective.
 
Casual breakthrough is a crazy good XP farm. I kind of like it. You're able to get A LOT of kills while also running into human players here and there to keep you on your toes. It's also a great way to try out flanks relatively risk free.

View attachment 765515
I actually really love casual breakthrough, it gives me an excellent place to learn maps and try weapons out with some actual challenge from real players as well. The fact that its also an amazing opportunity to farm xp is a bonus lol.

I've discovered I love the RPK lmg, I have been using the "wrecking ball" blueprint version since im still under lv 30. At this rate I'll have all the scopes unlocked by the time I can actually customize my own lol.
 
apparently i played too much.

i believe i hit the "xp cap" for today.

im getting like 1/50th of what i should right now. people say the cap is 1.5 million xp/day.
Easier to hit since double xp is going on.

unconfirmed when the reset actually is from what i read.
 
You ever shot guns before? Not all of them are sub moa accuracy. Particularly belt fed 50s with extremely loose tolerances (by design for reliability) exasperated further by the fact it’s mounted on a swivel which is mounted on a seat that rotates which is mounted on a moving vehicle. Then you combine all that with a barrel that’s likely clapped out to begin with.

Oh yeah, and military ammo which isn’t exactly match grade either.
That is actual physics affecting the firearm. Bullets still leave the barrel where it's pointed. In the game it's just a random effect, so there is no way to compensate.
 
Battle Royale is a lot of fun, played last night for the first time. I don't quite get how everything works yet, but it's fun.
 
I put 3 c4s on the side of a tank (all you get when u spawn).
i get 667 damage.

really? that's it? Either make it do enough dmg to destroy or give me more of them.

I also don't really understand battle royale.

You usually get geared within a few minutes and then my squad kind of aimlessly... waits and walks around... until we get wiped out near the end in like 20 seconds of combat. Gauntlet is way more fun.

Did anyone try strikepoint? sounds like counterstrike.
 
they really gotta get the netcode better in redsec. feels like I'm playing on 100+ ping servers.
 
they really gotta get the netcode better in redsec. feels like I'm playing on 100+ ping servers.

The netcode in this game across the board is horrid. Last night played a game and died 15 feet after running behind cover. I'm also starting to think people are exploiting high pings in purpose to gain an advantage.
 
The netcode in this game across the board is horrid. Last night played a game and died 15 feet after running behind cover. I'm also starting to think people are exploiting high pings in purpose to gain an advantage.
My theory is that it is a combination of client side hit detection with slight server side validation, favor shooter, overloaded servers and fake bullet travel. Basically feels like they fake the bullet travel by delaying the hits, but still give them to you even if the other player moved on their end, as long as they where standing still on your end when you fired. Could also be a very large backwards reconciliation window, which waits forever to do the calculations.

Basically the anti lag is incompetently made IMO to make the people shooting feel good, but doesn't care about world consistency for people getting shot.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gabe3
like this
My theory is that it is a combination of client side hit detection with slight server side validation, favor shooter, overloaded servers and fake bullet travel. Basically feels like they fake the bullet travel by delaying the hits, but still give them to you even if the other player moved on their end, as long as they where standing still on your end when you fired. Could also be a very large backwards reconciliation window, which waits forever to do the calculations.

Basically the anti lag is incompetently made IMO to make the people shooting feel good, but doesn't care about world consistency for people getting shot.


Ya I think you may be right. I had to take this picture because it was so LOL dying like 10 feet behind a shipping container after the guy saw me and shot me like 2 seconds in the past. I had a ~40 ping on that server.
 

Attachments

  • 20251111_123525.jpg
    20251111_123525.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 0
I mean you carry a ton of momentum when you get downed too. Like you just flop into that direction, you don't just instantly crumple in place. Especially if you were sprinting or sliding.

I've died a few times fighting near ledges because I went over when I got knocked and fell to my death.
 
I mean you carry a ton of momentum when you get downed too. Like you just flop into that direction, you don't just instantly crumple in place. Especially if you were sprinting or sliding.

I've died a few times fighting near ledges because I went over when I got knocked and fell to my death.
It also happens when you are ducking down behind cover, basically going from aiming over to ducked down where they can't see you. Then you die from a direct hit to the body like 0.3s after you are behind cover. Similar when running as you get hit with the final shots at an angle where he would have no clear line of sight on your client.

Your game and his game most likely has massive desync. The server either decides to register hits based on his client's view of the world, it is so massively overworked that each server tick is massively delayed or whoever wrote the algorithm for backwards reconciliation runs it way too far back. Usually you would limit it to 80-120ms, but this game feels like it is searching for hits for 300ms or so.
 
Anyone having an issue with Frame Gen enabling itself even though it's off in the graphics settings?
 
Casual breakthrough is a crazy good XP farm. I kind of like it. You're able to get A LOT of kills while also running into human players here and there to keep you on your toes. It's also a great way to try out flanks relatively risk free.

View attachment 765515
Nice 94-0 is impressive even if 1/3 is bots. I'm still learning the maps and learning the routing through the maps cut off points etc I'm still only level 25 only have a couple guns unlocked it's a grind so unless I'm in a vehicle not getting close to 100 kills anytime soon lol gud jab bro
 
Nice 94-0 is impressive even if 1/3 is bots. I'm still learning the maps and learning the routing through the maps cut off points etc I'm still only level 25 only have a couple guns unlocked it's a grind so unless I'm in a vehicle not getting close to 100 kills anytime soon lol gud jab bro
This also looks like a good way to do assignments for unlocks. I hate that we have to do a bunch of nonsense to just have all the weapons and attachments, the game is fun though, so it is what it is.
 
Whoever was the dude who recommended getting the mini scout, thanks!
20251112130645_1.jpg


I was able to reroll the yucky battleroyale challenges this week.
apparently theres a new patch out too.
 
I was able to reroll the yucky battleroyale challenges this week.
apparently theres a new patch out too.

Same, was a first. Got some easy ones to like head shots, hip fire damage, winning matches and SMG kills. That is how it should be, simple and mode agnostic. I have one for engineer and vehicle damage to.

Breakthrough is not so bad, apparently it is Rush but with Conquest style capture points. Unlike Rush they can be recaptured, the attacking team needs to capture both to progress to the next point where as MCOMs in Rush once blown up that is it. I like both but the difference is so small that this is one of the modes they should have cut, either Rush or Breakthrough to keep the player base more aligned.
 
i had the best helicopter pilot with the side machine guns. I went 27-0 before we died.

also had a teamate absolutely lose his mind on voice chat (like in a crazy scary way) because he came to revive me and got killed and went screaming about "I KNEW IT I KNEW IT YOU FUCK" even though i typed to warn him theres people there and then he ragequit.

edit:
also the ammo pouch of the support is great. heals you instantly like 40% if you're solo, if you're not solo you'll most likely toss it at a teamate
ive been running that with the KV9 and its a little crazy. went like 40-5 with that setup.
 
Last edited:
Anyone else already getting kinda bored with BF6? 39 hours, about to hit rank 50. I mean I do pretty well as an old guy, almost 3:1 KDR and top 2% damage per minute, but I can't quite put my finger on it.. just random thoughts:

Low teamwork in a lot of matches, low revives/supplies.
Even on breakthrough, TONS of snipers, sometimes 1-3rd to 1/2 the offense team really gets frustrating. With sniping becoming even easier than ever with the auto range finder, seems more and more people like to just sit back and camp with sniper rifles.
Plenty of small narrow maps, people anywhere and everywhere chaos. Getting shot in the side or back much more prevalent than prior BF's. People camping choke points/windows/rooftops etc just makes this chaos even more noticeable as you're always getting attacked from every and all angles.
Game definitely focused on CoD in your-face infantry play.. while fun for a while can get old pretty quick. Older BF's I could play for 3+ hours per day, this after 1-2 matches in an hour and I get bored. Maybe some rose-colored glasses going on too for the older BF's.
Vehicles are just awfully boring in this game. Like it comes down to: if you're in a tank and have an engineer repairing you and the other guy doesn't, you win. Like literally that's as deep as armor play gets in this game. Especially since most of these maps have like two different roads to travel down and off-route is very tiny areas. And this coming from a top 1% armor player in BF3 that would go 100+:1 KDR. If you over-extend even just a little bit, if the other team has two engineers focused on you that have even the slightest clue you're dead no matter what.
The net-code/servers are shit, prob my most frustrating thing that turns into low-replay ability for me. Easily the worst part of this game. They even put 30 Hz tick rate in Redsec, I mean how pathetic do you have to be to pinch pennies and put a pathetic 30 Hz tick rate in 2025.
Something about this game/these maps that everyone always picks the same positions, does the same things. Less "sand box" feel to the games and they get repetitive.
The spotting in this game is absolutely RIDICULOUS. Very very hard to flank, go behind enemy lines to kill and capture when everyone know where you are at all times on the magic mini-map that people stare at constantly.

I think all of the above lead to frustration and low-replay ability. I hope the player-base doesn't decrease as fast as I think it will. I wouldn't be surprised after the New Year if Steam population breaks 100K peak.
 
Back
Top