• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

up close the new pistol fires pretty quickly and does 50 dmg a shot. i like it!

had some good RPG hits on helicopters today. Sucks when they just fly away because the 1,000 damage doesn't destroy it if its at 100% hp.

Last week I felt my connection was solid. Since the update the top left icons are there A LOT. very annoying!
 
Am I crazy or if you hip fire an RPG in this game there is like a 1 second delay?
 
Am I crazy or if you hip fire an RPG in this game there is like a 1 second delay?
There is a delay. Since it 1 shots infantry they didn't want it to be a longer ranged shotgun I guess
 
  • Like
Reactions: Vega
like this
I haven't been playing much BF6 lately. Getting killed instantly far too often and I can't flank solo anymore like I used to do in BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV and BF 2042.

I just don't have the motivation and time anymore to get better in this game.
But I don't think this game needs to have too much time put into it to get much better than most other shooters. Other than leveling up weapons which you don't need to do for all weapons and getting familiar with the maps that's about it. For example hero shooters like Rivals are extremely complicated and definitely are time sinks to learn all the characters special moves and abilities and how they interact with all the other heroes on the roster can be as many as 50 different heroes all different interactions etc. In that regard BF6 is pretty basic and straightforward other than the buffs and nerfs of weapons and vehicles that's everything.
 
On another note. I'm realizing giving all the tanks tow missiles (do all the tanks have tow?) wasn't a good idea. Can't fly a dam. Helicopter without having every single vehicle shooting tow missiles at you along with the 50 stinger noobs locking on to you on top of the AA tank locking missiles onto you from literally across the map at all times. Without a gunner it's pretty damn hard to fly in BF6 and what is even worse it no tv missile to soften up the tanks before a hard engage into the whole team. Flying is VERY rough in BF6 for solo queue.
 
I'd heard some horrifying stories about how bad this game was, but I was bored so I decided to try it and was really surprised. I'm really enjoying the SP Campaign and I love the hyper-realism of it. It looks and plays fantastic with Overkill settings at 4K. Definitely a nice change of pace from Borderlands 4 and Outer Worlds 2!
 
Is season pass worth purchasing for this game?
Only if you love cosmetics. I think all the weapons are free in the battle pass. Weapon packages was nice at release as they offered equivalents of level 30 guns and unlocked some attachments + guns that you would need to really grind for. Now it doesn't matter that much as you probably have most of your favorite guns levelled up.

I would put the mini scout as S tier sniper and none of the other snipers higher than A tier. That one is essential if you like to push points or play aggressive with a sniper rifle.

The SOR S300 is decent (probably A tier or high B), but you won't miss it if you don't have it as there are guns in the base game that are similar enough that you can get the same job done.

The rest of the stuff only matters if you like cosmetics.
 
I'd heard some horrifying stories about how bad this game was, but I was bored so I decided to try it and was really surprised. I'm really enjoying the SP Campaign and I love the hyper-realism of it. It looks and plays fantastic with Overkill settings at 4K. Definitely a nice change of pace from Borderlands 4 and Outer Worlds 2!
It's overall a good game. There's like 2 or 3 people in this thread who constantly complain with nothing positive to say, yet they keep playing it. Gaming Karens
 
It's overall a good game. There's like 2 or 3 people in this thread who constantly complain with nothing positive to say, yet they keep playing it. Gaming Karens
It's so much fun and the devs really seem to be making moves to improving the areas that need improvement.
 
Played a lot more with my son - we have a blast. It is not perfect, but much more a "Battlefield" game than other recent offerings in the series.

The nerf guns on the transport helis need work. A fun buzzing sound! Aaaand...
Assault needs to have something to make it useful vs support.

But it runs well, and is really fun IMHO.
 
Played a lot more with my son - we have a blast. It is not perfect, but much more a "Battlefield" game than other recent offerings in the series.

The nerf guns on the transport helis need work. A fun buzzing sound! Aaaand...
Assault needs to have something to make it useful vs support.

But it runs well, and is really fun IMHO.
I'm so torn on assault vs support when I play. I love being able to quick revive and having unlimited ammo/grenades as support, but the assaults squad beacon is absolutely amazing and can easily change the game if placed right. I just finished off the last of the assault challenges, it was surpringly annoying to get 60 kills with the grenade launcher gadget but I'm done with it now and have a new appreciation blasting holes into walls/floors in breakthrough and rush lol.


Honestly I agree with you on the heli's, I dont think I've ever been killed by or even really inconvenienced by a heli in a match, tanks on the other hand though lol.
 
Attack helicopter never killed you? That thing absolutely melts infantry. As long as there's a somewhat competent pilot and gunner.
Maybe its because I mainly play break through/rush but every time I join a conquest server it seems like the helicopters either crash or get shot down pretty fast most times. I also tend to rush the objective alot (gogo assault squad beacons!) and play very close to points so it may just be a case that I die too often and am hidden to much to be taken down by them. That said I will consider myself lucky then, I'm grateful that for me they dont cause any real issues lol
 
Attack helicopters are only likely to kill you on Manhattan, conquest mode. Other maps and modes, the chances of dying to one are really low, even if there are competent pilots here and there.
 
I don't think I've ever come under attack from an attack heli yet. They are being flown around but they just don't seem to have much if any impact, at least that I am aware of. I have yet to get one myself. I can't seem to figure out how to fly in this game but I want to be a gunner sometime.

Edit: Free skin available in the Nvidia app. For a DMR, does not look too bad. Like a lot of the special skins it comes with some accessories unlocked so might make it easier to use up front until you unlock more accessories. Better than a level 0 gun at least.
 
Last edited:
I am quite loving this game. With my new headphones, Dolby Atmos, night mode and custom EQ, the footsteps sound amazing and I can usually make out where people are with precision.

The overall cinematic experience you get with a magnetic planar is unmatched. Loving the game!
 
I am quite loving this game. With my new headphones, Dolby Atmos, night mode and custom EQ, the footsteps sound amazing and I can usually make out where people are with precision.

The overall cinematic experience you get with a magnetic planar is unmatched. Loving the game!
Dolby Atmos for headphones is essential in BF6. Without Dolby Atmos the footsteps are all over the place and placement of sounds is imprecise and have too much reverb.

You can get the same type of experience from a good set of dynamic headphones as with planars. It is more a matter of the headphone's capabilities and tuning, than the driver type.

Most gaming headphones are overpriced, where you are paying for cool looks and a gaming brand name. Only a few that delivers on sound quality at it's price point, like the Audezee maxwell IMO. Most the time people are better of getting a music headphone and adding mic separately.
 
Last edited:
Has anyone figured out how to adjust the 1st person view aim sensitivity in the tank? ( Not the 3rd person view)
I can't seem to find it and it's sooooooo slooooooow it's torture trying to spin the barrel around in 1st person view
Anyone have the same issue? Which setting is it in the menu?
 
They intentionally limited the turn speed for realism/balance. Your sens is fine, it's a physical limitation of the vehicle.
 
Some of the balancing is terrible in this game. MP7 is trash, M1014 is trash. Pump action shotgun is very good. There are so many extremes here.
Pump action shotgun has been rage bait since battlefield 4. The box magazine pump action from China doesn't get dirty or jam in it's digital representation so why not?
 
Attack helicopter never killed you? That thing absolutely melts infantry. As long as there's a somewhat competent pilot and gunner.
In battlefield vietnam, 2, 3, and 4 my friend and I have been raping the snot out of noobs in attack helicopters sometimes running up 200 or 300 kills in a 2000 tickets server when we're well fed and rested for the gunner and ~100 for the pilot. No controller or joysticks either, all keyboard and mouse.
 
Pump action shotgun has been rage bait since battlefield 4. The box magazine pump action from China doesn't get dirty or jam in it's digital representation so why not?

The pump action is great. The Vepr-12 (semi auto with magazine), think it is the VSK (?) in game, is actually good. M1014 is trash though.

Double XP weekend is on if you need to upgrade some weapons.
 
As a long time aircraft veteran in the battlefield series there's a lot that is left to be desired

I mean vehicles in general in this game leave a lot to be desired

Also:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...attlefield_6_community_update_latest_updates/

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our latest Community Update for Battlefield 6! With Update 1.1.2.0 settling in, we are taking a moment to share a deeper look at ongoing and upcoming work across the Battlefield Studios as we prepare for the Season 1 Winter Offensive update.

ty-update-latest-updates-ahead-of-v0-hgg5swbw605g1.jpg

Latest Improvements​

Here is a recap of recent adjustments before we dive into the upcoming changes.

  • Escalation - On November 18, we increased the time required to capture objectives and territory in Escalation by roughly 20%. This keeps the mode’s high-energy pace while giving players more room for tactical decisions, better reactions, and smoother, more strategic matches. Your feedback has been positive about your experience in Escalation after the changes, and we will continue monitoring both internal data and community feedback.
  • Challenges - On November 19, alongside the 1.1.2.0 Update, we made several changes and fixes to the Challenges system. While this has alleviated several issues with progression and reward tracking, we’re still seeing reports from players that not all challenges properly unlock their rewards after finishing them. The team is investigating, and we’ll provide an update as we get more traction on this.
  • Anticheat - On November 28, our Anticheat team provided an update on the current state of anticheat, how the Match Infection Rate is trending, how we use it to help measure game quality, and what’s next for them.
  • Portal - ICYMI, Downtown, Marina, Sandbox maps are now available in Portal, through REDSEC, and we’re excited to see what experiences you’ll create in these new areas.

Winter Offensive​

Update 1.1.3.0, Winter Offensive will be arriving on December 9, and the Update Notes are incoming over the next few days. Below you’ll find some of the highlights.

Audio Improvements
With this update, we have made a broad set of audio improvements, including better prioritization of important combat and vehicle sounds, and a comprehensive pass on footsteps to improve clarity, distance definition, and positional awareness across the game. We have also continued to work on performance and memory issues that could cause sounds, such as vehicles or footsteps, to sometimes not play as intended, which has been particularly noticeable on larger Battle Royale maps.

Mode Adjustments
Across Rush and Breakthrough, we’re making major updates focused on improving attacker flow, reducing defender oversaturation, and tightening clarity around objectives. Our goal is to make each push feel more readable, fair, and momentum-based without undermining strong defensive play.

In Breakthrough, capture volumes and vehicle availability have been updated across several maps. These changes are guided by your feedback and internal data to help bring win rates closer together for both teams. As one example, Siege of Cairo now features an additional attacker tank in Sectors 1 and 3, along with an updated capture area on B to give attackers a clearer foothold.

In Rush, M-COM locations on Manhattan Bridge and Liberation Peak have been adjusted to give attackers more reliable access and to smooth out the flow between sectors.

Across both modes, multiple capture zones have been reshaped or clarified so players understand more clearly where to contest or defend. Vehicle spawns have also been rebalanced on several maps to better support attackers where pushes tended to stall and to reduce setups where defenders held overwhelming vehicle advantages. These updates are intended to reduce bottlenecks, remove frustration points, and create more consistent and engaging fights around objectives.

Beyond these highlights, we have also made a range of quality-of-life improvements across UI clarity, minimap behavior, controller aiming responsiveness, and more, which you will see detailed in the full notes.

Lastly, beyond the Winter Offensive update, we are also looking into recent performance issues reported by some players and are reviewing data to understand where improvements are needed.

Combat Systems​

In this update we have also made broad improvements across our combat systems to help deliver more consistent, predictable, and responsive gameplay.

Hit Registration and Netcode
We are continuing to build on our work to make hit registration feel consistent, reliable, and predictable during every engagement. With this update, we have improved how bullet trajectories are aligned in fast-paced situations, including cases where shots were fired while transitioning into a zoom. These improvements correct inconsistencies that could affect hit registration and the readability of where your shots were landing. We have also made updates to better handle high-density combat scenarios to ensure bullets register more reliably when multiple players are fighting in close proximity.

In parallel, we have tightened the clarity of damage feedback so that health UI changes and damage cues feel more immediate and easier to understand during combat. While this is separate from Netcode itself, improving how damage is presented plays a key role in making hit registration feel responsive and intuitive.

Lastly, we have resolved an issue where clients could briefly display certain pieces of geometry as intact even though they had already been destroyed on the server. Fixing this eliminates cases where incoming damage could appear to pass through walls.

Soldier visibility

Development is also ongoing to further enhance soldier visibility and to make combat readability feel sharp and intuitive across all environments. In this update, we have refined how visibility effects activate at close range so that soldiers stand out more clearly in darker or low-contrast areas. We have also updated prone animations to include more subtle movement, improving the ability to spot soldiers using low-profile positions.

We are already looking ahead at broader improvements to lighting and exposure, especially in indoor vs. outdoor transitions, and how characters read against complex environments. This work continues to be a major focus for us, and we are approaching it with the goal of improving clarity without compromising the intended Battlefield visual style.

Weapon adjustments

Weapon feel and reliability are always top priorities for the team. This update includes wide-ranging improvements to weapon handling, including fixes to first-shot accuracy, attachment behavior, and tuning across various recoil patterns and weapon categories. These changes aim to deliver more predictable and consistent weapon performance in active combat. We will continue to refine weapon behaviour based on live data and player feedback, with additional adjustments already in development for future updates.

Ongoing work and future improvements

We are actively exploring several areas aimed at improving clarity, responsiveness, and fairness in combat. This includes further work on edge cases related to hit registration, investigating rare desync scenarios with destructible objects, and gathering deeper data on situations where players feel they were eliminated after reaching cover. These areas remain key priorities, and the findings from our ongoing investigations will inform updates planned for the new year.

On the weapons front, we will continue monitoring the effects of the dispersion changes introduced in California Resistance. The early trends show a healthy distribution of weapon usage across categories, and we will keep tracking performance to identify outliers as the meta evolves.

REDSEC​

  • Armor in REDSEC: We have seen discussions in the community about how armor works in REDSEC, how it interacts with weapon damage, and where behaviour may differ from what players expect. We have sat down with the team to review the system in detail and have a dedicated blog on this topic rolling out in the first week of December.
  • Tank Availability: We have seen your discussions around tanks feeling too strong in some cases, and we are making a first pass on this. We are lowering the frequency of tank missions availability as a first change to the system. We will keep an eye on internal data and how you engage around the change, combined with your feedback, for additional changes with an upcoming update.

Community Highlights​

Portal experiences you should give a try

Our team continues to be amazed by the incredibly talented, creative, wonderful, funny, and entertaining experiences our players put together in Portal. We will highlight more cool experiences going forward, and thought that the two below would be a good start to check out player-created Portal experiences if you haven’t done that so far.

Snipers VS. Runners

Experience code: YT6XX

  • As a sniper: Don’t let the runners reach the end of the obstacle course.
  • As a runner: Don’t lose your head. ;)
KING OF THE RING

Experience code: Z3JN4

  • Players race around a ring and try to reach the end without falling off or being blown up by the rocket launcher-wielding player in the middle of the ring. Will you make it to the finish line or get blown to pieces?
Battlefield REDSEC Elite Series

In case you missed it, we’re launching the Battlefield REDSEC Elite Series, and you can become part of those adrenaline-filled moments when your squad pushes their limits and gets the W.

Thank you for your ongoing support, feedback, and PTFOing!

We’ll see you on the Battlefield.

//The Battlefield Team

This announcement may change as we listen to community feedback and continue developing and evolving our Live Service & Content. We will always strive to keep our community as informed as possible
.
 
Dolby Atmos for headphones is essential in BF6. Without Dolby Atmos the footsteps are all over the place and placement of sounds is imprecise and have too much reverb.

You can get the same type of experience from a good set of dynamic headphones as with planars. It is more a matter of the headphone's capabilities and tuning, than the driver type.

Most gaming headphones are overpriced, where you are paying for cool looks and a gaming brand name. Only a few that delivers on sound quality at it's price point, like the Audezee maxwell IMO. Most the time people are better of getting a music headphone and adding mic separately.
That is correct. I bought Dolby Atmos and am using 3D headphones setting with nightmode. My current headphone is Edition XV which is doing really well in this game. Arya Stealth is on the way for that ultimate wallhack feel.
 
  • Like
Reactions: socK
like this
recently tried it as f2p
brief review: turns out its only 3 gamemodes not full game. the game modes are basically lame mission competition, and pubg clone 4 and 2 man squad. really upsetting as a guy who came from battlefield 1942 to vietnam, 2, 3 etc.
cant believe the graphics have stagnated so much, bf3 looks nearly as good-from 15 years ago!!! looks like theyre using a gfx engine from 2008 (frostbite). more corporate rebadged garbage. shameful.
ill still buy at $30 just for some old school battlefield vehicle/infantry mixed mmo combat i crave. planetside 2 was good for that b4 it died recently.
 
Last edited:
recently tried it as f2p
brief review: turns out its only 3 gamemodes not full game. the game modes are basically lame mission competition, and pubg clone 4 and 2 man squad. really upsetting as a guy who came from battlefield 1 to vietnam, 2, 3 etc.
cant believe the graphics have stagnated so much, bf3 looks nearly as good-from 15 years ago!!! looks like theyre using a gfx engine from 2008 (frostbite). more corporate rebadged garbage. shameful.
ill still buy at $30 just for some old school battlefield vehicle/infantry mixed mmo combat i crave. planetside 2 was good for that b4 it died recently.

The F2P isn't for BF people, it's literally designed to draw in the f2p pubg / fortnite players. But as a bf veteran myself, the fact that these game modes exist, does not in any way inhibit my experience with playing conquest and breakthrough. Judging the gameplay off f2p as a bf fan isn't fair.

And totally disagree on the graphics, I think they look absolutely stunning, my fiancée comments on them every time she walks by.
 
This guy sums up every single issue with aircraft in Battlefield 6 and he's absolutely right on every single one of his points watch this video

View: https://youtu.be/4imE0ITpR34?si=lhaE0fxWAru8kJe1
As a long time aircraft veteran in the battlefield series there's a lot that is left to be desired

Man I think this is why I actually really enjoy playing BF6 vs something like BF4 back in the day. I go out of my way to destroy jets/helicopters, I couldn't stand playing against them in previous games.

just because I like it doesn't mean its good though. This definitely feels more like COD than a battlefield to me IMO. but man did vehicles make the game absolutely miserable for me in BF4. I just remember tanks shooting at me through smoke with thermal vision from across the map and helicopters farming kills the entire game.
 
recently tried it as f2p
brief review: turns out its only 3 gamemodes not full game. the game modes are basically lame mission competition, and pubg clone 4 and 2 man squad. really upsetting as a guy who came from battlefield 1 to vietnam, 2, 3 etc.
cant believe the graphics have stagnated so much, bf3 looks nearly as good-from 15 years ago!!! looks like theyre using a gfx engine from 2008 (frostbite). more corporate rebadged garbage. shameful.
ill still buy at $30 just for some old school battlefield vehicle/infantry mixed mmo combat i crave. planetside 2 was good for that b4 it died recently.
I disagree on the graphics line. It's essentially Frostbite 3 at this point. Yes, BF3 still looks good but not as good as BF1. Much less 2042/BF6.
 
Helicopters just fly... odd. I was quite good with them in BF3/4, I cannot seem to figure them out in this game. Most of the time I get in one, I am destroyed within 45-60 seconds quite literally. Whether I am flying or not. Even when you get a good pilot who can fly well and fly between the buildings in the Egypt map, the way they fly makes it impossible for them to shoot back, and as a gunner I could only get a few short windows to shoot.

It just doesn't play good, IMO.
 
I disagree on the graphics line. It's essentially Frostbite 3 at this point. Yes, BF3 still looks good but not as good as BF1. Much less 2042/BF6.

I think the big thing with BF6 is that it's possibly one of the most visually busy games I've ever played

Visibility is really bad in a lot of cases. The previous titles look downright clean in comparison.

You kind of acclimate, but every so often I watch a BF4 video and it's just like shockingly more readable. The skins are shit in BF6 on top of visual clutter being at a stratospheric high.

In terms of raw graphics though, I don't think BF6 is really a spectacle. It's just a lot happening on screen all the time. Like that's the gimmick. Stuff like lighting is pretty... eh.

It reminds me of like... take Fortnite for example. A lot of buildings in multiplayer have that kind of uniform flat lighting to their interior like when Lumen is disabled. Maybe not quite so bad, but it's not great.
1764888359444.jpeg
 
Back
Top