BATTLEFIELD 1

Agreed. Both the loose shooting mechanics and ballistics which feel aimed at gamepad (console) users and the clunky, slow menu system. It seems to push match making over the server browser, which itself is a step back from Battlelog in terms of complexity and usability. The social media like approach to the friends list and end game details feels terrible, but that sadly seems to common in MP games now.

Still feels like they put too little effort into the theme. Sniper rifles are very OP, but it is a beta so maybe that can change. Graphically it looks blurry, but I'll assume it is a beta. Otherwise it looks like a blurrier BF4.

blur is TAA i believe, need a sharpen filter, or just turn off tAA

I was getting terrible performance with my 970 @ 1440p. Frames in the 20's @ ultra.. it was terrible. Did a clean wipe and reinstall of drivers I had already installed earlier this afternoon, fixed everything! Was able to run mostly in the 60+ fps range with a few dips into the high 50s on ultra preset @ 1440p. Very happy with that, I can live with turning a few things down to high to lock in higher frame rates. I thought the game looked gorgeous, i'm not as wowed by the game as I hoped i would be, but I can see the potential. Looking foward to playing more of it between now and sept 8th.

My 1337 OC isn't so 1337 anymore 2063 boo, 4k and auto settings on my rig is seeing high 50s and I don't have dips really. Its fun for now, maybe it will get old? Maybe I'm too much of a CODer?

-The French Light tank is OP, although it's canister shell has some of the wonkiest aim mechanics I've ever seen. They really need to slow down this thing's turret and slow down the repair mechanic to balance it. As long as you stay away from narrow streets, you are a god. If you have one guy using anti-tank shells against you, roll behind a sand berm and repair. It's speed is roughly equal to a soldier's sprint speed, which makes for some funny encounters with troops.

-The LMG's aren't OP and in fact get nasty recoil real quick. I thought the SMG's were going to be OP also, but their range is real short.

-The hero class system is a neat addition with a few options. It's very similar to Battlefront in this regard. The full armored guy is a blast, but balanced to be slow as hell. You are the Terminator when you get him.

-The menu system is very Battlefront inspired. It takes some getting used to, but it's decent enough. The social networking stuff is horribly done.

-The menu greeted me with "Playing late at night CaptNumbNutz?" Give me a break. Are you trying to put in some stupid chatbot DICE?

-The server browser is labeled as "the old school way of finding games". Whoever wrote that intelligence insulting drivel for a description needs to have their testicles fed to chipmunks.

-The game is incredibly stable. I have come across very few bugs. None of the "get stuck on small rocks" feel that BF4 had early on. Hit registry is great, but I've heard the server tick rate is at 60hz which could change.

-Graphics are great even on my old GTX760 4GB. I just let it auto detect for now and getting nearly 100fps at 1080p. Med settings feel like BF4's high settings. I suspect the graphics got a lot of the neat additions that they used in Battlefront.

-They left out the ability to use any controllers other than a Playstation controller or Xbox One controller. This sucks for pilots like me that like to use joysticks. However, the options are there even though they are grayed out for now.

Had my game crash after a few hours of playing because it was using 12gb of ram. There's an issue with hypersensitivity with the heavy tank as well. Have to drop it to 1% vehicle mouse sensitivity and god help you if you jump into another vehicle before turning it back to 20%.

The game generally feels too much like Battlefront to me from the UI to the gunplay. I only ended up playing like 30 hours of Battlefront and I had the distinct impression this would suffer the same result and this is after putting over 3,000 hours into the last three BF games (BC2 was half of that total.) I should be playing with some friends tomorrow so maybe that'll change things a bit. We'll see.

There were some absolutely hilarious moments so far like accidentally shooting down a bomber for a triple kill when I aimed at a solider with the field artillery. Just strolled right in front of me and I had no idea it was there before I fired. Then, just before the 12gb ram usage crash I was at the G flag trying to cap with the artillery tank and fending off some infantry. A fighter swooped in from the left right after I was gunning someone down and I twitch-shot with the artillery, taking him out just seconds before the game crapped out. Wish I had more to talk about but I'd rather just stay on the field artillery and shoot everything.

Yeah. They went full casual. Like my friend milkshake said, "Battlefront and Battlefield had a baby." A pretty baby but gameplay wise it is a kiddie shooter IMO.

It is a sad day for an old die hard 1942 demo player. Good times.

just my 2 cents here:

game runs great and seems incredibly well optimized (as opposed to DX:MD). system in sig, 1080P, i have most of the settings at "high", some at "medium" and get between 45 and 60fps all the time. cpu is pegged between 50 and 85% load which means the game supports more than 4 thread which is excellent.
game looks nice and the sound design is once again exceptional.

but: the combat feels off, becaus the guns have inherent inaccuracy. which is bullshit, because i cannot counter those damn camping snipers with my semi-auto rifle even at medium ranges. this should not happen. it also feels like the gun handling animations took a nose dive since hardline. they don't feel realistic and fluid at all. this is especially obvious when you compare them to BF3 and BF4.

all in all, i think i'll wait when the game is sub-30 bucks and then buy it for the SP.

Yeah. They went full casual. Like my friend milkshake said, "Battlefront and Battlefield had a baby." A pretty baby but gameplay wise it is a kiddie shooter IMO.

i honestly like it. And im not surprised that they did combine the two. You can judge the game off of one map tho.

Played conquest for an hour, it's battlefield - no more no less. If you liked the past few BF iterations you'll like this game. The assault rifles feel gimped at anything other than close range, that's something that may be tweaked before final release.

apparently some douche bag hacker group called poodlecorp is ddosing the servers and screwing everyone over. :mad:

those were the times. but I did play 1942 a few years ago and the game feels terrible now, lol. hit detection is terrible compared to modern games and the movement is so unnatural feeling.

I can't decide if I like bf1 or not. which means I'll buy it cause I don't see anything else coming out.

those were the times. but I did play 1942 a few years ago and the game feels terrible now, lol. hit detection is terrible compared to modern games and the movement is so unnatural feeling.

I can't decide if I like bf1 or not. which means I'll buy it cause I don't see anything else coming out.
im gonna buy it because its battlefield.. Still a great shooter.

Reactions: DPI
like this
DC was the shit though. POE too. Just miss the good old days when there were competitive ladders in TWL and CaL. When you were able to get scrims all night long on IRC and have some great fun. When you knew your nemesis teams names. Now? Crickets.

Just not the same game anymore. Still one of the best shooters but yeah, casual.

How big is the beta dload. I'm not too enthused by what I have seen in BF1 videos so far so if it is a big dload it probably isn't worth my bandwidth.

I can't even login to EA login server anyway, says to try again later, since about 3:00am it has been that way. Pisses me right off because I just hooked up a 144hz monitor and wanted to test in BF4.

Ah, just saw above it is due to a DDOS, damn fuckwits.

How big is the beta dload. I'm not too enthused by what I have seen in BF1 videos so far so if it is a big dload it probably isn't worth my bandwidth.

I can't even login to EA login server anyway, says to try again later, since about 3:00am it has been that way. Pisses me right off because I just hooked up a 144hz monitor and wanted to test in BF4.

Ah, just saw above it is due to a DDOS, damn fuckwits.

7.84GB.

how are people installing so quick!...it's a free beta...play it until it ends and then make up your mind...playing 1-2 matches and making some sort of moral stand by uninstalling seems silly

how are people installing so quick!...it's a free beta...play it until it ends and then make up your mind...playing 1-2 matches and making some sort of moral stand by uninstalling seems silly

This happens with every BF release. The forums is where the unhappy people are and in the game is where the happy people are.
There's always the crowd that wants the old style PC exclusive BF games to come back, and never gave any BF from BF3 until now a fair chance.

If you like the game, keeping playing it and stay away from the BF forum threads. lol

I've never heard of a DDOS attack on a beta...they'll probably extend it by a day or so because of it

y-u-no.png

Kinda lame, I was looking forward to playing tonight.

I dl the beta. Menus are ok.
Went to the old style (old style???) server finder and tried 4 or 5 servers I see game loading and that is it.

People are saying this is not battlefield but more of a quake type of game.
what do you think?

Went to the old style (old style???) server finder and tried 4 or 5 servers I see game loading and that is it.

what do you think?

Pure Battlefield. It runs at a very high refresh rate even though it looks amazing. Maybe that's why someone would say that?

what do you think?

Servers are still down. It is definitely not a Quake like game.

Back