BATTLEFIELD 1

didn't think we'd actually be able to play tonight. having fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: DPI
like this
Got a Beta code too I didn't select what platform a few weeks back but still got one for PC.

Damn, not sure if I got into the beta. Will check today. Mad at myself. How is the game?

I snuck in few rounds before work. Had a blast. Despite being 100 years in the past, it feels "quick" enough for a battlefield game. I love the setting. It feels like I'm in a real place. The weather changing was pretty cool, and watching buildings slowly go to shit as the game progresses is also neat. Very much reminds me of BF1942. I've been holding off, but I'll buy for sure.

Got my pc and ps4 invites last night :D

What is the beta code subject email? I think mine is lost in a sea of spam.

"Battlefield 1 open beta early access invitation" when did you sign up for the battlefield insider?

Just to confirm, resolution scale only goes to 100% and that's native? Just wondering, looks like a 980Ti won't be able to play it on Ultra at 1080P and 60FPS. Looks nice, but it's gonna take some time to get used to warp speed in a WW1 game.

Just to confirm, resolution scale only goes to 100% and that's native? Just wondering, looks like a 980Ti won't be able to play it on Ultra at 1080P and 60FPS. Looks nice, but it's gonna take some time to get used to warp speed in a WW1 game.

No, that's not the case. The game defaults to 42% resolution scale, which is your native resolution. I have no idea why, but that's what it is. You can verify the internal resolution with console commands. At 100% resolution scale, you'll have quite a bit of supersampling going on.

With two 980's (I'm assuming SLI is working since its Frostbite, but I didn't verify, the numbers seem right), 1440p, 60% resolution scale, and whatever else the game defaulted to, I'm getting 70-90fps depending on whats happening on screen. Plenty happy with the performance and it looks incredible.

No, that's not the case. The game defaults to 42% resolution scale, which is your native resolution. I have no idea why, but that's what it is. You can verify the internal resolution with console commands. At 100% resolution scale, you'll have quite a bit of supersampling going on.

With two 980's (I'm assuming SLI is working since its Frostbite, but I didn't verify, the numbers seem right), 1440p, 60% resolution scale, and whatever else the game defaulted to, I'm getting 70-90fps depending on whats happening on screen. Plenty happy with the performance and it looks incredible.

Oh, in that case damn it's running well. I was running at 100%, ULTRA and getting in the high 40's, low 50's. That's 4K or greater than 4K I guess.

This game is Dope graphics are improved over Battlefield 4 it seems game uses alot of memory if you have only 8 gigs you might want to get 16 gigs.
Was using about 9 gigs with system memory included. Those old Tanks are great stuff :ROFLMAO: Only Conquest and Rush modes are available in the beta.
I'm more of a Team Deathmatch guy then anything. They still have a server browser it just doesn't look like the old Battlefield Battlelog browser anymore.
You can use your Origin Avatar for the top finishers lineup kinda looks like how Avatars are used in Steam with CSGO.

Crap I forgot to sign up for this completely... If anybody has a spare code for PC let me know :D.

ah ok, it wasn't running so hot last night at 1440 and 100% resolution scale (which i had assumed was native). I'll try dropping back to 42% tonight.

looks like hero power ups are in this...they are accessed by finding their equipment pick-up on the map, like the map weapons in BF3/BF4, not like the random icon in Battlefront...

- Heavily armored dude with LMG
- Flamethrower guy
- Anti-tank sniper

If anyone is having a "Blank or Black Screen" issues when starting BF1 Beta. Disable "Origin In Game" in the Application Settings.

This worked for me.

I won't be buying this, but graphics and performance are great. ULTRA and 75% res scale (w/e that is in this game) and 60FPS+

Resolution is 2860x1609

It looks like SLI isn't working under DX12. I took a pretty significant hit in frame rate with it on.

I wonder if Nvidia will release new drivers for the beta...they always do so chances are good...

D/Ling now on my new slow as shit dsl, 2MB peak ugh....
I miss my 250Mbps cable :(

DX12 runs fine on an empty server, but when I get into a server with 64 people it's kinda sloppy. Went back to DX11. Other than that it runs fucking great on my 390x @ 1440p.

Yes, you have to run new Nvidia drivers to play the Beta.

I guess it depends on your card, I'm still running 368.81.

I was running 368.xx Probably one of the earlier ones, didn't pay too much attention.

ah ok, it wasn't running so hot last night at 1440 and 100% resolution scale (which i had assumed was native). I'll try dropping back to 42% tonight.

I was going to say that's pretty bad framerate for SLI 1070's! Remember to re-enable SLI with the new driver.

That 42% thing is weird. I need to go back and reset mine. I set it to 50% assuming that'd be nominal but apparently not....

FYI if you change your resolution apparenty there's a bug that when setting it back to a nominal 42% it instead sets scaling to 0.99. You need to edit a save file at "Documents\Battlefield 1 Open Beta\settings\PROFSAVE_profile"

Came here for information about the resolution scale option. Pretty confusing.....

So I'm running SLI GTX 1080s with 1 display at 2560x1440....should I leave it at 42% or 50%? Not that it matters, the game is running amazingly well. I just don't want to lose any FPS that I don't have to.

FYI, anybody getting a crash to desktop when loading, try turning off "origin in game". I was getting the below error until I did so.

New Bitmap Image.png

Back