• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BATTLEFIELD 1

Way more then just the game menu.

Relying on 'power ups' like battlefront 3's silly system, no more real dedicated servers w/ decent server browser, and generally very limited complexity in the gameplay..

Sure, the game runs good and looks good.. But there isn't much here to keep me playing. They've at this point completely regressed/devolved the BF series to something that really sucks IMO.
 
So I have the newest nVidia drivers, can't get SLI to work with GTX 1080s on DX12 setting. :(

Why do you guys care so much about DX12? It hasn't proven to be very beneficial for Nvidia users in really any game yet. Just use DX11 and enjoy performance that works.
 
Why do you guys care so much about DX12? It hasn't proven to be very beneficial for Nvidia users in really any game yet. Just use DX11 and enjoy performance that works.

^. I got 3440x1440 at 75 FPS with 60% scaling + ultra on DX11 which I vsync to 60.

DX12 has been bonked in practically every game... Expecting it to work is silly. ;)

I'll go back to my post ~ 2 years ago. When the AMD fan boys were like "yayyy mantle is getting incorporated into DX12" and I seemed to be the only one that remembered mantle worked like shit the majority of the time...
 
My boys and I are trying to play it, but it seems like only one of us can connect to a server at a time. We cannot add each other or join even different servers at the same time. Very annoying. This wasn't an issue for previous BF games.
 
just played a couple rounds and it runs pretty good, on dx11. it is really hard on my system though! had to reduce my OCs to keep from crashing. so with my fx-8120 @ 4440 and my 280x at 1175/1675, running under dx11, I get 50-70+FPS@1440p and 60-90+FPS@1080p both with auto config to high settings. not too shabby for the old girl! now dx12 is another story, which I'm sure they are still working to implement. same auto config to high same OCs I get about the same frame rates BUT with unexplainable drops into the low 20s every couple of seconds, making it completely unplayable. oh well dx11 works surprisingly well!
 
Also try repairing the game and then close and reopen Origin. It should work.
thanks but that didn't work either. I fixed it though. heres how:

close game

goto Documents\Battlefield 1 Open Beta\settings

open PROFSAVE_profile using notepad

find "FullscreenScreen 0" and change 0 to 1

save file. done.

doing this launched the game on my second monitor. from there I could change the video settings to my primary monitor. I did disable my secondary monitor earlier to try and fix the black screen but it didn't work. so I don't know if this bug has anything to do with having more than one monitor or not.

edit: so relaunching the game brings back the bug. so I have to edit the file again every time, lol. I think I will try making it read only
 
Last edited:
just played a couple rounds and it runs pretty good, on dx11. it is really hard on my system though! had to reduce my OCs to keep from crashing. so with my fx-8120 @ 4440 and my 280x at 1175/1675, running under dx11, I get 50-70+FPS@1440p and 60-90+FPS@1080p both with auto config to high settings. not too shabby for the old girl! now dx12 is another story, which I'm sure they are still working to implement. same auto config to high same OCs I get about the same frame rates BUT with unexplainable drops into the low 20s every couple of seconds, making it completely unplayable. oh well dx11 works surprisingly well!
dx12 seems ok on mine so far!
 
Uninstalled. Other than the graphics there is nothing good to say about this game IMO.
 
Uninstalled. Other than the graphics there is nothing good to say about this game IMO.

Yeah. I was really hoping for a Battlefield 1942 / Vietnam comeback.

This has the possibility of getting there but it needs to get some tweaking and balancing. It's a bit too fast paced in my opinion. Very run and gun. There's not much skill involved as, it's whomever gets lucky. Tactics don't seem to matter much in Campaign because people just do whatever they damn well please. Perhaps it will take time.

Tanks / vehicles seem greatly overpowered. You should be able to disable a tank by blowing up its treads with a grenade and blow up a 'jeep' with a grenade no problem. Overall on big maps there need to be more vehicles. There seems to be a large problem with horses where people just take them, leave them somewhere and they never respwawn since they didn't die. They should either disappear after so long or wander on their own for other people to pick them up and if not wander off map and die ASAP. It sucks having to huck it basically a mile only to get sniped.

The classes are good. I don't like having to unlock things. It's not enjoyable to me. I really don't have the play time to compete at a high level like I used to and I don't enjoy being punished by it. As far was winning and getting a big score, the best way there seems to be to rush in with an armored vehicle, hold and capture.

Weather changes should happen more frequently. A dust storm should happen at least once a match if not much more.
 
It's not enjoyable to me. I really don't have the play time to compete at a high level like I used to and I don't enjoy being punished by it.

Quick summary.

Sometimes we just have to admit that it's just not our style of gaming, and not the game itself.
 
Quick summary.

Sometimes we just have to admit that it's just not our style of gaming, and not the game itself.

Pretty much this. BF4 was the final game that was even remotely near to what we wanted. They are now 100% catering the game towards casuals.
 
Depressing to watch cod, battlefield and halo have all devolved into the same homogeneous shooter over the years. At least halo has a built map editor and cod is getting mod tools soon, battlefield is getting none of that.
 
Came here for information about the resolution scale option. Pretty confusing.....

So I'm running SLI GTX 1080s with 1 display at 2560x1440....should I leave it at 42% or 50%? Not that it matters, the game is running amazingly well. I just don't want to lose any FPS that I don't have to.

42 and adjust the settings file
 
Downloading now , is there a decent fov slider built in or have to edit that in the ini also ?
 
Why am I getting shit performance in this.

Game auto detects everything at ultra.

I constantly get 45'isih fps dips and it's driving me nuts. I even turned lighting/shadows down to medium, AA to off, and still it won't maintain 60fps.

Tried both Dx11 and 12, Dx11 seemed even worse.

Running:
2600k @ 4.4ghz
8gb ram
1070 amp extreme.
 
Why am I getting shit performance in this.

Game auto detects everything at ultra.

I constantly get 45'isih fps dips and it's driving me nuts. I even turned lighting/shadows down to medium, AA to off, and still it won't maintain 60fps.

Tried both Dx11 and 12, Dx11 seemed even worse.

Running:
2600k @ 4.4ghz
8gb ram
1070 amp extreme.

Not sure. Good performance here except on flags C and D. I have a 390x.
 
i really wish they would slow things down in this. hope it's not 100% working as intended. jeeps are too fast, horses are too fast, they need to change a few things for sure. it's not CoD, it should be more tactical and less about fast gameplay. anyone else agree?
 
just played a couple rounds and it runs pretty good, on dx11. it is really hard on my system though! had to reduce my OCs to keep from crashing. so with my fx-8120 @ 4440 and my 280x at 1175/1675, running under dx11, I get 50-70+FPS@1440p and 60-90+FPS@1080p both with auto config to high settings. not too shabby for the old girl! now dx12 is another story, which I'm sure they are still working to implement. same auto config to high same OCs I get about the same frame rates BUT with unexplainable drops into the low 20s every couple of seconds, making it completely unplayable. oh well dx11 works surprisingly well!

Something i noticed tonight.....My FR did finally drop so i checked my clocks and sure enough the fucking power saving bug down clocked my card to UVD speed (850mhz) in the middle of a round and never came back. I made a report to AMD this evening cuase it been effecting other games as well.....it seemed to run the clocks fine in the dx11 path when i tried...Next time you try it see if your clocks drop below your selected number....yours might be throttling as well since we have same cards
kmwU4sGpqIRSpsZD0g_TGAHPKgM6jU0EDYkMkUxcG4BelKhGoSZoosfBISAg4yI2UDCspXItInhEsXSbOmE3DI0nN9ldlklshx8eS3kJSdonBvEl39qSR2rzHtFRXhiy_pukh09G0rkU7ZUg-5zrg6lCAHz1QBuFkedrzsIKOseC5QyzCX3k1nT36AH8WywkEp_3we8ewo3zn5Xt1Ryii_3AyuxJ8CYj7WyI8KEXzas0NTycnKXV12fDTeNOL-DdgxXMLRa8N0mrj3TLVwQPIWwGHXHSgE2Odhc11LPgkz0JqnU4jdCx2FjbiyyKNOHM1NS1-v8O1XOG3XimZ9AIS3coVxafCKYbLqGOhGbaoBN78t963RxObAV7UHIrYbTv_WmVG20sf_y_nPL7Mrs5jdZH3PU7CxY2JTImMWPE5k9MK2Pzf2VjakgpDaOAsK9Q0xC1Z1OcG-q_YJh5XOteo0zti3JNFc4YgkUCVMSawN0YxmseeXwQpSvbld6YZA59HsUMDjnbmVPSnRzdbnKbAyUw9tfaWlmGlQnqibsOWp5NAoTvL6GhA2rqwT4GLV6it_Gy12hM6jyeXLJ3S__X9m6wTL41B5dL4ERI_UxzIL5w0yj0=w539-h492-no
 
DX12 is not in a good place right now, especially for high end 4K users. I don't see any visual benefit but the performance greatly affects the game, positive and negative.
If DX12 remains a crap shoot for high end gamers, I don't see it going further than this version. No SLI/CF support and AC dependent makes it a tough sell to the Nvidia camp, which are all of the $400+ crowd and 4K users.
People are already downgraing to single cards and ITX cases. Which is the opposite trend of increasing monitor resolutions, refresh rates and demanding games which needs big GPU power.

BF since the third installment has been a high visual AAA game, so don't say they are focusing on the gamer with a $200-250 card and a 1080p monitor.
Devs, if DX12 doesn't offer a great experience for everyone, dump it.

With DX12, the high end gamer is getting neglected. It's the next level of turning PC's into consoles.
 
Last edited:
i really wish they would slow things down in this. hope it's not 100% working as intended. jeeps are too fast, horses are too fast, they need to change a few things for sure. it's not CoD, it should be more tactical and less about fast gameplay. anyone else agree?

Yes , played a little while and already know this isn't what I was hoping for. This feels a like like Battlefront does (got it for my kid and he loves it but I just didn't like the way it felt).

Something besides just the speed (which is far too fast for horses tanks and jeeps ) , it just feels "floaty" to me or something , not sure if it's the right word.

Am sure some will enjoy it , but just not for me.
 
Yes , played a little while and already know this isn't what I was hoping for. This feels a like like Battlefront does (got it for my kid and he loves it but I just didn't like the way it felt).

Something besides just the speed (which is far too fast for horses tanks and jeeps ) , it just feels "floaty" to me or something , not sure if it's the right word.

Am sure some will enjoy it , but just not for me.
Yes!!
I was just gonna say it feels like battlefront, things don't have enough weight
 
The tanks turrets need rotation speeds, I don't see how they don't have that. I mean even World of Tanks gets that and it's quite arcadey.

You shouldn't be able to 180 snipe someone in a tank.
 
As much as i love dice...I think this release will be a disappointment sales wise! its fun playing the beta but its also free lol....I doubt they sell half as many bf4 did.....personally i wish they would re-do bf2142! Ill probably pick this one up once it hit 10 dollars lol
 
Game is fun and runs great so far. My issue is if you get stuck with a crap team, it's not going to be that great of an experience. You just get steamrolled. My only other issue is the spawning, several times I have spawned in the middle of three enemies or under fire of a tank. instana death just isn't fun.
 
Game is fun and runs great so far. My issue is if you get stuck with a crap team, it's not going to be that great of an experience. You just get steamrolled. My only other issue is the spawning, several times I have spawned in the middle of three enemies or under fire of a tank. instana death just isn't fun.
you have to admit...that can happen in all BF games lol......and it always sucks when it does. Your right one side almost always decides to practically not play at all. (or at least not very well)
Have you guys noticed all the dice people playing? I been killed by a hole lot of people with dice badges!
 
Feels waayyy to much like Battlefront for me.

I usually like the single player...
I think I'll wait until this is $20 with the DLC.

Agreed. Both the loose shooting mechanics and ballistics which feel aimed at gamepad (console) users and the clunky, slow menu system. It seems to push match making over the server browser, which itself is a step back from Battlelog in terms of complexity and usability. The social media like approach to the friends list and end game details feels terrible, but that sadly seems to common in MP games now.

Still feels like they put too little effort into the theme. Sniper rifles are very OP, but it is a beta so maybe that can change. Graphically it looks blurry, but I'll assume it is a beta. Otherwise it looks like a blurrier BF4.

Unless I get this for free or dirt cheap at release, I likely won't buy it.
 
Agreed. Both the loose shooting mechanics and ballistics which feel aimed at gamepad (console) users and the clunky, slow menu system. It seems to push match making over the server browser, which itself is a step back from Battlelog in terms of complexity and usability. The social media like approach to the friends list and end game details feels terrible, but that sadly seems to common in MP games now.

Still feels like they put too little effort into the theme. Sniper rifles are very OP, but it is a beta so maybe that can change. Graphically it looks blurry, but I'll assume it is a beta. Otherwise it looks like a blurrier BF4.

blur is TAA i believe, need a sharpen filter, or just turn off tAA
 
I was getting terrible performance with my 970 @ 1440p. Frames in the 20's @ ultra.. it was terrible. Did a clean wipe and reinstall of drivers I had already installed earlier this afternoon, fixed everything! Was able to run mostly in the 60+ fps range with a few dips into the high 50s on ultra preset @ 1440p. Very happy with that, I can live with turning a few things down to high to lock in higher frame rates. I thought the game looked gorgeous, i'm not as wowed by the game as I hoped i would be, but I can see the potential. Looking foward to playing more of it between now and sept 8th.
 
My 1337 OC isn't so 1337 anymore 2063 boo, 4k and auto settings on my rig is seeing high 50s and I don't have dips really. Its fun for now, maybe it will get old? Maybe I'm too much of a CODer?
 
-The French Light tank is OP, although it's canister shell has some of the wonkiest aim mechanics I've ever seen. They really need to slow down this thing's turret and slow down the repair mechanic to balance it. As long as you stay away from narrow streets, you are a god. If you have one guy using anti-tank shells against you, roll behind a sand berm and repair. It's speed is roughly equal to a soldier's sprint speed, which makes for some funny encounters with troops.

-The LMG's aren't OP and in fact get nasty recoil real quick. I thought the SMG's were going to be OP also, but their range is real short.

-The hero class system is a neat addition with a few options. It's very similar to Battlefront in this regard. The full armored guy is a blast, but balanced to be slow as hell. You are the Terminator when you get him.

-The menu system is very Battlefront inspired. It takes some getting used to, but it's decent enough. The social networking stuff is horribly done.

-The menu greeted me with "Playing late at night CaptNumbNutz?" Give me a break. Are you trying to put in some stupid chatbot DICE?

-The server browser is labeled as "the old school way of finding games". Whoever wrote that intelligence insulting drivel for a description needs to have their testicles fed to chipmunks.

-The game is incredibly stable. I have come across very few bugs. None of the "get stuck on small rocks" feel that BF4 had early on. Hit registry is great, but I've heard the server tick rate is at 60hz which could change.

-Graphics are great even on my old GTX760 4GB. I just let it auto detect for now and getting nearly 100fps at 1080p. Med settings feel like BF4's high settings. I suspect the graphics got a lot of the neat additions that they used in Battlefront.

-They left out the ability to use any controllers other than a Playstation controller or Xbox One controller. This sucks for pilots like me that like to use joysticks. However, the options are there even though they are grayed out for now.
 
Back
Top