BATTLEFIELD 1

Not very impressed with this game. Very similar to the setup that Battlefront 3 has which is *very* limiting. Any and all of the complexity the game series still had with BF4 is completely gone now.

Not very impressed with this game. Very similar to the setup that Battlefront 3 has which is *very* limiting. Any and all of the complexity the game series still had with BF4 is completely gone now.

Feels waayyy to much like Battlefront for me.

I usually like the single player...
I think I'll wait until this is $20 with the DLC.

Game menu maybe? The gameplay doesn't feel like battlefront at all to me.

I'm certainly going to play this game a fair amount once it launches, having a blast.

Way more then just the game menu.

Relying on 'power ups' like battlefront 3's silly system, no more real dedicated servers w/ decent server browser, and generally very limited complexity in the gameplay..

Sure, the game runs good and looks good.. But there isn't much here to keep me playing. They've at this point completely regressed/devolved the BF series to something that really sucks IMO.

So I have the newest nVidia drivers, can't get SLI to work with GTX 1080s on DX12 setting. :(

Why do you guys care so much about DX12? It hasn't proven to be very beneficial for Nvidia users in really any game yet. Just use DX11 and enjoy performance that works.

Why do you guys care so much about DX12? It hasn't proven to be very beneficial for Nvidia users in really any game yet. Just use DX11 and enjoy performance that works.

^. I got 3440x1440 at 75 FPS with 60% scaling + ultra on DX11 which I vsync to 60.

DX12 has been bonked in practically every game... Expecting it to work is silly. ;)

I'll go back to my post ~ 2 years ago. When the AMD fan boys were like "yayyy mantle is getting incorporated into DX12" and I seemed to be the only one that remembered mantle worked like shit the majority of the time...

My boys and I are trying to play it, but it seems like only one of us can connect to a server at a time. We cannot add each other or join even different servers at the same time. Very annoying. This wasn't an issue for previous BF games.

just played a couple rounds and it runs pretty good, on dx11. it is really hard on my system though! had to reduce my OCs to keep from crashing. so with my fx-8120 @ 4440 and my 280x at 1175/1675, running under dx11, I get 50-70+FPS@1440p and 60-90+FPS@1080p both with auto config to high settings. not too shabby for the old girl! now dx12 is another story, which I'm sure they are still working to implement. same auto config to high same OCs I get about the same frame rates BUT with unexplainable drops into the low 20s every couple of seconds, making it completely unplayable. oh well dx11 works surprisingly well!

Also try repairing the game and then close and reopen Origin. It should work.
thanks but that didn't work either. I fixed it though. heres how:

close game

goto Documents\Battlefield 1 Open Beta\settings

open PROFSAVE_profile using notepad

find "FullscreenScreen 0" and change 0 to 1

save file. done.

doing this launched the game on my second monitor. from there I could change the video settings to my primary monitor. I did disable my secondary monitor earlier to try and fix the black screen but it didn't work. so I don't know if this bug has anything to do with having more than one monitor or not.

edit: so relaunching the game brings back the bug. so I have to edit the file again every time, lol. I think I will try making it read only

Last edited:
just played a couple rounds and it runs pretty good, on dx11. it is really hard on my system though! had to reduce my OCs to keep from crashing. so with my fx-8120 @ 4440 and my 280x at 1175/1675, running under dx11, I get 50-70+FPS@1440p and 60-90+FPS@1080p both with auto config to high settings. not too shabby for the old girl! now dx12 is another story, which I'm sure they are still working to implement. same auto config to high same OCs I get about the same frame rates BUT with unexplainable drops into the low 20s every couple of seconds, making it completely unplayable. oh well dx11 works surprisingly well!
dx12 seems ok on mine so far!

Uninstalled. Other than the graphics there is nothing good to say about this game IMO.

Uninstalled. Other than the graphics there is nothing good to say about this game IMO.

Yeah. I was really hoping for a Battlefield 1942 / Vietnam comeback.

This has the possibility of getting there but it needs to get some tweaking and balancing. It's a bit too fast paced in my opinion. Very run and gun. There's not much skill involved as, it's whomever gets lucky. Tactics don't seem to matter much in Campaign because people just do whatever they damn well please. Perhaps it will take time.

Tanks / vehicles seem greatly overpowered. You should be able to disable a tank by blowing up its treads with a grenade and blow up a 'jeep' with a grenade no problem. Overall on big maps there need to be more vehicles. There seems to be a large problem with horses where people just take them, leave them somewhere and they never respwawn since they didn't die. They should either disappear after so long or wander on their own for other people to pick them up and if not wander off map and die ASAP. It sucks having to huck it basically a mile only to get sniped.

The classes are good. I don't like having to unlock things. It's not enjoyable to me. I really don't have the play time to compete at a high level like I used to and I don't enjoy being punished by it. As far was winning and getting a big score, the best way there seems to be to rush in with an armored vehicle, hold and capture.

Weather changes should happen more frequently. A dust storm should happen at least once a match if not much more.

It's not enjoyable to me. I really don't have the play time to compete at a high level like I used to and I don't enjoy being punished by it.

Quick summary.

Sometimes we just have to admit that it's just not our style of gaming, and not the game itself.

Quick summary.

Sometimes we just have to admit that it's just not our style of gaming, and not the game itself.

Pretty much this. BF4 was the final game that was even remotely near to what we wanted. They are now 100% catering the game towards casuals.

Depressing to watch cod, battlefield and halo have all devolved into the same homogeneous shooter over the years. At least halo has a built map editor and cod is getting mod tools soon, battlefield is getting none of that.

Came here for information about the resolution scale option. Pretty confusing.....

So I'm running SLI GTX 1080s with 1 display at 2560x1440....should I leave it at 42% or 50%? Not that it matters, the game is running amazingly well. I just don't want to lose any FPS that I don't have to.

42 and adjust the settings file

Downloading now , is there a decent fov slider built in or have to edit that in the ini also ?

Why am I getting shit performance in this.

Game auto detects everything at ultra.

I constantly get 45'isih fps dips and it's driving me nuts. I even turned lighting/shadows down to medium, AA to off, and still it won't maintain 60fps.

Tried both Dx11 and 12, Dx11 seemed even worse.

Running:
2600k @ 4.4ghz
8gb ram
1070 amp extreme.

Why am I getting shit performance in this.

Game auto detects everything at ultra.

I constantly get 45'isih fps dips and it's driving me nuts. I even turned lighting/shadows down to medium, AA to off, and still it won't maintain 60fps.

Tried both Dx11 and 12, Dx11 seemed even worse.

Running:
2600k @ 4.4ghz
8gb ram
1070 amp extreme.

Not sure. Good performance here except on flags C and D. I have a 390x.

i really wish they would slow things down in this. hope it's not 100% working as intended. jeeps are too fast, horses are too fast, they need to change a few things for sure. it's not CoD, it should be more tactical and less about fast gameplay. anyone else agree?

Something i noticed tonight.....My FR did finally drop so i checked my clocks and sure enough the fucking power saving bug down clocked my card to UVD speed (850mhz) in the middle of a round and never came back. I made a report to AMD this evening cuase it been effecting other games as well.....it seemed to run the clocks fine in the dx11 path when i tried...Next time you try it see if your clocks drop below your selected number....yours might be throttling as well since we have same cards
kmwU4sGpqIRSpsZD0g_TGAHPKgM6jU0EDYkMkUxcG4BelKhGoSZoosfBISAg4yI2UDCspXItInhEsXSbOmE3DI0nN9ldlklshx8eS3kJSdonBvEl39qSR2rzHtFRXhiy_pukh09G0rkU7ZUg-5zrg6lCAHz1QBuFkedrzsIKOseC5QyzCX3k1nT36AH8WywkEp_3we8ewo3zn5Xt1Ryii_3AyuxJ8CYj7WyI8KEXzas0NTycnKXV12fDTeNOL-DdgxXMLRa8N0mrj3TLVwQPIWwGHXHSgE2Odhc11LPgkz0JqnU4jdCx2FjbiyyKNOHM1NS1-v8O1XOG3XimZ9AIS3coVxafCKYbLqGOhGbaoBN78t963RxObAV7UHIrYbTv_WmVG20sf_y_nPL7Mrs5jdZH3PU7CxY2JTImMWPE5k9MK2Pzf2VjakgpDaOAsK9Q0xC1Z1OcG-q_YJh5XOteo0zti3JNFc4YgkUCVMSawN0YxmseeXwQpSvbld6YZA59HsUMDjnbmVPSnRzdbnKbAyUw9tfaWlmGlQnqibsOWp5NAoTvL6GhA2rqwT4GLV6it_Gy12hM6jyeXLJ3S__X9m6wTL41B5dL4ERI_UxzIL5w0yj0=w539-h492-no

DX12 is not in a good place right now, especially for high end 4K users. I don't see any visual benefit but the performance greatly affects the game, positive and negative.
If DX12 remains a crap shoot for high end gamers, I don't see it going further than this version. No SLI/CF support and AC dependent makes it a tough sell to the Nvidia camp, which are all of the $400+ crowd and 4K users.
People are already downgraing to single cards and ITX cases. Which is the opposite trend of increasing monitor resolutions, refresh rates and demanding games which needs big GPU power.

BF since the third installment has been a high visual AAA game, so don't say they are focusing on the gamer with a $200-250 card and a 1080p monitor.
Devs, if DX12 doesn't offer a great experience for everyone, dump it.

With DX12, the high end gamer is getting neglected. It's the next level of turning PC's into consoles.

Last edited:
i really wish they would slow things down in this. hope it's not 100% working as intended. jeeps are too fast, horses are too fast, they need to change a few things for sure. it's not CoD, it should be more tactical and less about fast gameplay. anyone else agree?

Yes , played a little while and already know this isn't what I was hoping for. This feels a like like Battlefront does (got it for my kid and he loves it but I just didn't like the way it felt).

Something besides just the speed (which is far too fast for horses tanks and jeeps ) , it just feels "floaty" to me or something , not sure if it's the right word.

Am sure some will enjoy it , but just not for me.

Yes , played a little while and already know this isn't what I was hoping for. This feels a like like Battlefront does (got it for my kid and he loves it but I just didn't like the way it felt).

Something besides just the speed (which is far too fast for horses tanks and jeeps ) , it just feels "floaty" to me or something , not sure if it's the right word.

Am sure some will enjoy it , but just not for me.
Yes!!
I was just gonna say it feels like battlefront, things don't have enough weight

The tanks turrets need rotation speeds, I don't see how they don't have that. I mean even World of Tanks gets that and it's quite arcadey.

You shouldn't be able to 180 snipe someone in a tank.

As much as i love dice...I think this release will be a disappointment sales wise! its fun playing the beta but its also free lol....I doubt they sell half as many bf4 did.....personally i wish they would re-do bf2142! Ill probably pick this one up once it hit 10 dollars lol

Game is fun and runs great so far. My issue is if you get stuck with a crap team, it's not going to be that great of an experience. You just get steamrolled. My only other issue is the spawning, several times I have spawned in the middle of three enemies or under fire of a tank. instana death just isn't fun.

Game is fun and runs great so far. My issue is if you get stuck with a crap team, it's not going to be that great of an experience. You just get steamrolled. My only other issue is the spawning, several times I have spawned in the middle of three enemies or under fire of a tank. instana death just isn't fun.
you have to admit...that can happen in all BF games lol......and it always sucks when it does. Your right one side almost always decides to practically not play at all. (or at least not very well)
Have you guys noticed all the dice people playing? I been killed by a hole lot of people with dice badges!

I usually like the single player...
I think I'll wait until this is $20 with the DLC.

Agreed. Both the loose shooting mechanics and ballistics which feel aimed at gamepad (console) users and the clunky, slow menu system. It seems to push match making over the server browser, which itself is a step back from Battlelog in terms of complexity and usability. The social media like approach to the friends list and end game details feels terrible, but that sadly seems to common in MP games now.

Still feels like they put too little effort into the theme. Sniper rifles are very OP, but it is a beta so maybe that can change. Graphically it looks blurry, but I'll assume it is a beta. Otherwise it looks like a blurrier BF4.

Unless I get this for free or dirt cheap at release, I likely won't buy it.

Back