• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BATTLEFIELD 1

Had my game crash after a few hours of playing because it was using 12gb of ram. There's an issue with hypersensitivity with the heavy tank as well. Have to drop it to 1% vehicle mouse sensitivity and god help you if you jump into another vehicle before turning it back to 20%.

The game generally feels too much like Battlefront to me from the UI to the gunplay. I only ended up playing like 30 hours of Battlefront and I had the distinct impression this would suffer the same result and this is after putting over 3,000 hours into the last three BF games (BC2 was half of that total.) I should be playing with some friends tomorrow so maybe that'll change things a bit. We'll see.

There were some absolutely hilarious moments so far like accidentally shooting down a bomber for a triple kill when I aimed at a solider with the field artillery. Just strolled right in front of me and I had no idea it was there before I fired. Then, just before the 12gb ram usage crash I was at the G flag trying to cap with the artillery tank and fending off some infantry. A fighter swooped in from the left right after I was gunning someone down and I twitch-shot with the artillery, taking him out just seconds before the game crapped out. Wish I had more to talk about but I'd rather just stay on the field artillery and shoot everything.
 
Yeah. They went full casual. Like my friend milkshake said, "Battlefront and Battlefield had a baby." A pretty baby but gameplay wise it is a kiddie shooter IMO.

It is a sad day for an old die hard 1942 demo player. Good times.
 
just my 2 cents here:

game runs great and seems incredibly well optimized (as opposed to DX:MD). system in sig, 1080P, i have most of the settings at "high", some at "medium" and get between 45 and 60fps all the time. cpu is pegged between 50 and 85% load which means the game supports more than 4 thread which is excellent.
game looks nice and the sound design is once again exceptional.

but: the combat feels off, becaus the guns have inherent inaccuracy. which is bullshit, because i cannot counter those damn camping snipers with my semi-auto rifle even at medium ranges. this should not happen. it also feels like the gun handling animations took a nose dive since hardline. they don't feel realistic and fluid at all. this is especially obvious when you compare them to BF3 and BF4.

all in all, i think i'll wait when the game is sub-30 bucks and then buy it for the SP.
 
Yeah. They went full casual. Like my friend milkshake said, "Battlefront and Battlefield had a baby." A pretty baby but gameplay wise it is a kiddie shooter IMO.

It is a sad day for an old die hard 1942 demo player. Good times.
i honestly like it. And im not surprised that they did combine the two. You can judge the game off of one map tho.
 
Played conquest for an hour, it's battlefield - no more no less. If you liked the past few BF iterations you'll like this game. The assault rifles feel gimped at anything other than close range, that's something that may be tweaked before final release.
 
apparently some douche bag hacker group called poodlecorp is ddosing the servers and screwing everyone over. :mad:
 
Yeah. They went full casual. Like my friend milkshake said, "Battlefront and Battlefield had a baby." A pretty baby but gameplay wise it is a kiddie shooter IMO.

It is a sad day for an old die hard 1942 demo player. Good times.
those were the times. but I did play 1942 a few years ago and the game feels terrible now, lol. hit detection is terrible compared to modern games and the movement is so unnatural feeling.

I can't decide if I like bf1 or not. which means I'll buy it cause I don't see anything else coming out.
 
those were the times. but I did play 1942 a few years ago and the game feels terrible now, lol. hit detection is terrible compared to modern games and the movement is so unnatural feeling.

I can't decide if I like bf1 or not. which means I'll buy it cause I don't see anything else coming out.
im gonna buy it because its battlefield.. Still a great shooter.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DPI
like this
DC was the shit though. POE too. Just miss the good old days when there were competitive ladders in TWL and CaL. When you were able to get scrims all night long on IRC and have some great fun. When you knew your nemesis teams names. Now? Crickets.

Just not the same game anymore. Still one of the best shooters but yeah, casual.
 
How big is the beta dload. I'm not too enthused by what I have seen in BF1 videos so far so if it is a big dload it probably isn't worth my bandwidth.

I can't even login to EA login server anyway, says to try again later, since about 3:00am it has been that way. Pisses me right off because I just hooked up a 144hz monitor and wanted to test in BF4.

Ah, just saw above it is due to a DDOS, damn fuckwits.
 
How big is the beta dload. I'm not too enthused by what I have seen in BF1 videos so far so if it is a big dload it probably isn't worth my bandwidth.

I can't even login to EA login server anyway, says to try again later, since about 3:00am it has been that way. Pisses me right off because I just hooked up a 144hz monitor and wanted to test in BF4.

Ah, just saw above it is due to a DDOS, damn fuckwits.

7.84GB.
 
how are people installing so quick!...it's a free beta...play it until it ends and then make up your mind...playing 1-2 matches and making some sort of moral stand by uninstalling seems silly
 
how are people installing so quick!...it's a free beta...play it until it ends and then make up your mind...playing 1-2 matches and making some sort of moral stand by uninstalling seems silly

This happens with every BF release. The forums is where the unhappy people are and in the game is where the happy people are.
There's always the crowd that wants the old style PC exclusive BF games to come back, and never gave any BF from BF3 until now a fair chance.

If you like the game, keeping playing it and stay away from the BF forum threads. lol
 
I've never heard of a DDOS attack on a beta...they'll probably extend it by a day or so because of it
 
y-u-no.png


Kinda lame, I was looking forward to playing tonight.
 
I dl the beta. Menus are ok.
Went to the old style (old style???) server finder and tried 4 or 5 servers I see game loading and that is it.

People are saying this is not battlefield but more of a quake type of game.
what do you think?
 
I dl the beta. Menus are ok.
Went to the old style (old style???) server finder and tried 4 or 5 servers I see game loading and that is it.

People are saying this is not battlefield but more of a quake type of game.
what do you think?

Pure Battlefield. It runs at a very high refresh rate even though it looks amazing. Maybe that's why someone would say that?
 
I dl the beta. Menus are ok.
Went to the old style (old style???) server finder and tried 4 or 5 servers I see game loading and that is it.

People are saying this is not battlefield but more of a quake type of game.
what do you think?

Servers are still down. It is definitely not a Quake like game.
 
It's not a quake game, but it's definitely faster paced then say, BF1942/BF2.
 
Interesting. Could be true, partially true, or both rumors could be true. One or both rumors may also be lies from DICE.

DICE devs tell our clan leaders that they will be "pleasantly surprised" while at same time telling RCon devs (who make plugins for procon, most popular 3rd party management tool) there will be no server customization.

This tells me one thing...
DICE upgraded their own shitty server admin tools and are forcing out 3rd parties from managing their servers. They did this due to the absolutely miserable failure BF4 "official" servers were in dealing with cheaters and griefers. Given their current track record, I don't expect this solution to work out well.

However, I suspect that is only part of the truth. I have a feeling that they are leaving something out. It could be really good news in that was said only applies to "official" servers or the info only applied to the Beta. It could also be really bad news and our worst fears could be realized when clans can't manage servers the way they need to by getting rid of cheaters and griefers efficiently.

I'm going to try and stay optimistic for now, only because DICE knows they are on thin ice with the atrocious BF4 launch and also because of complete lack of facts on the matter.

If you have links to the information on RCon forums regarding the rumors you mentioned, I would love to read them.

They lost a ton of posts during a server issue, but some still remain in this thread. It was split off from the BF4 thread.

BF1 Speculation - Page 3
https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php?15296-BF1-Speculation/page3
Like you said who knows for sure, it could be a combination of things.

At this point I plan on sitting and waiting for a sale before I even consider picking this up. It just isn't the BF I wanted.
 
I had to search for matches via the server browser, to play some games.
 
Yeah. They went full casual. Like my friend milkshake said, "Battlefront and Battlefield had a baby." A pretty baby but gameplay wise it is a kiddie shooter IMO.

It is a sad day for an old die hard 1942 demo player. Good times.

And honestly, it just feels very plain and sterile. But that might be a result of the gameplay style changes.
 
Back
Top