• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ARC Raiders by former EA exec Patrick Söderlund

Pretty polished so far.
indeed. this is.. cool so far.

man.. got one kill... got killed once ... did a lot of exploring and harvesting stuff... made it out many times .... the environments are excellent... very fun so far, again. ... but what to do with my rubber duck?

edit: their discord is poppin off.. wow. quite the discussion happening.
 
Last edited:

Yeah he’s playing like a dip shit.. brazenly walking around in the open making noise calling everyone he meets trash.. idk. I’ve really lost a lot of interest in anything asmon.

Edit: he did the same stuff in BF6 then rage uninstalled it.

I had nothing but very good experiences playing last night. Game looks fantastic, performs great, audio is very good… the environment offers tons of cover too. seems well thought out. some of those robots are fucking serious assholes. I found a shotgun at fairly close range is a nice repellent ;)
 
Last edited:
played a little tonight. the gun play is so bad especially after playing bf6 the past week. shooting is not fun or satisfying.
I didn't get much time to try it this weekend but that was my first thought - the gunplay leaves much to be desired. I've been spoiled by helldivers. I also want to play the game as an experience and less so as a competitive shooter, but I guess this genre is mainly about sweating. No sort of adaptive triggers are implemented for the guns for controller players (atleast, on PC anyway). Was gonna set up my PC at a desk and get a KB&M + headset on to sound whore (is there a new term for this now?), but didn't get the time.
 
I got to play some more on Saturday ... some duos with my nephew.... Playing duos was cool, but we lost our asses trying to kill a large spider robot lol... that thing is tough.. I think you need a "show stopper" nade for that one. We had some decent PvP where each of us was down once but won the battle.. whew. Looted a lot and ran around. He likes to go faster than I do though so I was always running after him... I was digging soloing more a bit more tbh... I like listening to music when I game, but Friday night I had Tales From The Crypt streaming in the background and it was a nice vibe... I ran into other solo players who were just wanting to scavenge and share an elevator down so that was nice... also had some crazy fire fights on the elevator too, I think they were getting chased and saw me open the thing and dove in.. You can reach up and hit that button when you're bleeding out. I've never played an extraction shooter before, it's a little nerve-racking knowing you will loose all your shit if you die. But that's part of the excitement I reckon. I really hope match making puts mostly solos on one map together so I don't get ganged up on PvP by full squads. Watching Shroud and his buddies LVNDMARK and the other one.. they were being straigh up bullies on a man hunt. They're all super good obv so mostly looting other players and not the env.. I guess that's a legit strat but if I keep getting rolled over by death squads will be pretty frustrating.. (I said this before.. i know) ... Anyways I wanna solo some more so I can take my time getting my footing with everything.. The game looks great and played very smooth at 1440p uw everything on ultra DLSS quality with no frame gen.. I think. I'll have to check but that but I had zero crashes.

I ended up pre-ordering the game. I definitely hit limitations of the server slam and wanted to do more. I was just too busy yesterday to play more but wanted to. I def have a date on Halloween with this game. ;)
 
ARC Raiders.jpg
 
Picked it up last night after waiting on reviews, even with enjoying the stress weekend. Amazing how well this UE5 title runs. 275-400+FPS with everything turned on with a 5090. Also enjoying the fact that you can hop in and hop out for 15-20 minutes as well, which is more my speed these days as I don't get a lot of dedicated hours of gaming time. So can progress at my own pace pretty decent.

Scratches my division 2 itch, but different.
 
Picked it up last night after waiting on reviews, even with enjoying the stress weekend. Amazing how well this UE5 title runs. 275-400+FPS with everything turned on with a 5090. Also enjoying the fact that you can hop in and hop out for 15-20 minutes as well, which is more my speed these days as I don't get a lot of dedicated hours of gaming time. So can progress at my own pace pretty decent.

Scratches my division 2 itch, but different.
Is that with frame Gen on?

I'm at like 80 frames on my 7900xt native
 
9800x3d and 9070XT:

I'm getting 80fps with FSR3 (upgraded by driver to FSR 4) Quality mode, at 4k, with every option set to epic. If I turn on the AMD frame gen it's about 150 but I'm not feeling the need to use it there aren't really any lows that are annoying me.

If you want way higher fps, turn some stuff down. I'm playing it for the casual lulz so I keep the graphics up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: toddw
like this
Is that with frame Gen on?

I'm at like 80 frames on my 7900xt native

The stress test was playable on my 4790k and 2060Super at 1080p with DLSS on with Global Ilumin at low. 50-60fps much of the time. The engine is a fork of UE5 using nvidia custom stuff apparently. Daniel Owen on youtube did a brief test of various cards last week.
 
I need to flip on my FPS counter but it's performing very well with no frame gen, v-sync off, reflex on... fps unlimited (I will set that at 237) ... everything else at epic - it looks good and plays good so far. I put 5 hours into it last night... mostly solo... had some very cool encounters with randoms.. the proximity mic is freaking great.. environments are super fun to explore... fun game so far.
 
I am late to the extraction shooter genre and thinking about this. I know its PvPvE and wondering how much of the real player element is there? I don't get much time these days to play games, so something like this has my interest of hopping in for a few extractions, but not sure if the real players (where the frequent ones will get over geared) will get annoying and just make it miserable to play?
 
I am late to the extraction shooter genre and thinking about this. I know its PvPvE and wondering how much of the real player element is there? I don't get much time these days to play games, so something like this has my interest of hopping in for a few extractions, but not sure if the real players (where the frequent ones will get over geared) will get annoying and just make it miserable to play?
Real player element is there, but most risk i have found has been at the extraction points. It's not every session either. I have had more friendly extractions than not friendly, but learned quickly to be smart about how to wait on the elevator once called. eg, call extraction then go "hide" in some bushes/trees to observe who or what may or may not show up, then run for doors when they open. I play 15-30 mins at a time usually and have been having a great time. I also use the free loadout at early levels even if i have gear just to get through quests and not care if I do get knocked out(at least not too much). Have had to redo a few missions due to PVP, but I wouldn't say I've been frustrated at the mechanics of it yet. Even with a failed mission, game lets you get right back out super quick. You don't feel like you just wasted an hour. Go in knowing you will get killed, its part of it, but I don't feel its grossly pervasive at all. I've been playing 90% solo and as a casual player.
 
Grouped up with two randoms last night, they both didn't want to fight so we went around the map looting some gray areas. Got some good stuff regardless and didn't see one group until the end. As we went to extract another group already was initiating the extract. We flanked around behind them and pummeled them as they were pretty much inside the bunker already. As they're all knocked down they yelled " please, just let us extract with you at least." We blasted them right before the doors closed. Lol. I felt bad.
 
I am late to the extraction shooter genre and thinking about this. I know its PvPvE and wondering how much of the real player element is there? I don't get much time these days to play games, so something like this has my interest of hopping in for a few extractions, but not sure if the real players (where the frequent ones will get over geared) will get annoying and just make it miserable to play?
well that remains to be seen. people could get sweaty further down the line. right now, everyone kinda has sucky gear, people tend to cooperate via prox chat a lot, everyone has quests to do. i enjoy my solo experience so far.
 
well that remains to be seen. people could get sweaty further down the line. right now, everyone kinda has sucky gear, people tend to cooperate via prox chat a lot, everyone has quests to do. i enjoy my solo experience so far.
There are some super sweats who have already completed all the quests. Game's been out less than 2 days.

There will always be those types of players in these games.
 
There are some super sweats who have already completed all the quests. Game's been out less than 2 days.

There will always be those types of players in these games.
yeah true. some people will just shoot you on sight, hell, ive done that a lot too.
but if you proximity chat to people, they tend to be friendly.

i was scared if i was going to enjoy the game as a solo guy, but so far those fears were unwarranted. its a lot of fun
 
The above comments mirror my experience exactly so far. It's fun solo and with friends... So far. It's about 60/40 right noiw in favor of being able to talk your way out of a fight. Sometimes a few bullets or grenades fly before dialog begins.

My little group is enjoying the game a lot as long as it doesnt devolve into "nothing to do but kill everyone "

I still fear that Embark doesn't have a clue what type of gamer their largest user base is. I believe it's slightly older than they think and most of the user base is new to extraction shooters that's obvious. They aren't looking for a KOS fest.
 
Have any of you taken on those big mech spiders yet? Is it even possible to kill them? I'm assuming they drop some SERIOUS loot if you were take one down.
 
There are some super sweats who have already completed all the quests. Game's been out less than 2 days.

There will always be those types of players in these games.
Yeah watching some streams people are playing non stop… and getting super PvP sweaty.. people just going free loadout to scavenge a bit and getting just clobbered … no mercy.. oh well that’s how it’s gonna go I reckon. I experienced that and some pretty cool people too.. playing solos has been more chill than the other options so far for me.
 
It doesn't help that one of my feats yesterday (everyone gets different feats to do similar to The Finals contracts) was to do 160 damage to raiders (players) with light weapons. Look, I know they are all about getting people to experiment with every play style but by god you don't ever need to encourage completely random pvp. There's plenty already.
 
Have any of you taken on those big mech spiders yet? Is it even possible to kill them? I'm assuming they drop some SERIOUS loot if you were take one down.
C4 one of their legs, then they'll be crippled. Then you dance around it shooting it until it's dead.

I have no idea if the loot is worth it. Seems the best strat is to just avoid it.
 
Have any of you taken on those big mech spiders yet? Is it even possible to kill them? I'm assuming they drop some SERIOUS loot if you were take one down.
you need a squad at least for those, they are very aggressive and jump on you. so you need ppl to draw aggro.
there is an epic grenade, the wolf pack, thats pretty much the best way to deal with bigger ARCs, its a cluster grenade that does a shit ton of damage if there is only one robot
 
yeah true. some people will just shoot you on sight, hell, ive done that a lot too.
but if you proximity chat to people, they tend to be friendly.

i was scared if i was going to enjoy the game as a solo guy, but so far those fears were unwarranted. its a lot of fun
I was walking between two buildings and had a guy jump out of a window right above me, scared the crap out of me and shot him as a knee jerk thing, then we prox chatted fast "whoaaa sorry man you scared the shit out of me..." etc.. he was cool, just looking for prickly pears... we had a small laugh about it, I offered heals ... he was chill and we went on our way... little moments like that I do enjoy a lot.
 
It doesn't help that one of my feats yesterday (everyone gets different feats to do similar to The Finals contracts) was to do 160 damage to raiders (players) with light weapons. Look, I know they are all about getting people to experiment with every play style but by god you don't ever need to encourage completely random pvp. There's plenty already.
You don't need to complete the feat either....
 
Put in a late night with friends yesterday and had a lot of fun. Got killed a couple of times to pvp and we wiped out at least one player group, looted bodies from fights we weren't there for, but also had a LOT of really organic cooperation between groups. A surprising amount really was probably over 2/3 friendly. No idea if it'll stay this way but it is an interesting dynamic seeing more than half the player base try to work together. Embark is going to have to start cranking out some difficult stuff to do and a lot more general missions. People are loving this particular vibe. It feels like post apocalyptic survival... A small nod to what made DayZ great with much smaller bite size time commitments because you have to leave each map in no more than 30min.
 
I've watched some streams of this game. Is there any other point to this game but looting slop and hoarding it for something you hope to get later? Is there any kind of gameplay progression at all? Looks absolutely pointless to me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: erek
like this
First time having to experience this, been 10 mins now.


1762111468155.png
 
I've watched some streams of this game. Is there any other point to this game but looting slop and hoarding it for something you hope to get later? Is there any kind of gameplay progression at all? Looks absolutely pointless to me.
thats kinda the game play loop of extraction shooters, yes.
there is quests, there is upgrading your base to make life easier on you.
the main thing is the thrill though, its a crazy adrenaline spike to extract with good gear, getting out by a hairs breadth.

cant really explain it better, has to be experienced.
i first felt it with the day z mod for arma back in 2013, sneaking around, being scared like shit of everything

edit:

the gameplay can also be very varied. sneak around, go in with minimal gear, trying to pull a crazy heist.

go in loud, shoot at everyone and everything, equip a good gun with a good shield for combat.

and everything in between
 
Last edited:
Put in a late night with friends yesterday and had a lot of fun. Got killed a couple of times to pvp and we wiped out at least one player group, looted bodies from fights we weren't there for, but also had a LOT of really organic cooperation between groups. A surprising amount really was probably over 2/3 friendly. No idea if it'll stay this way but it is an interesting dynamic seeing more than half the player base try to work together. Embark is going to have to start cranking out some difficult stuff to do and a lot more general missions. People are loving this particular vibe. It feels like post apocalyptic survival... A small nod to what made DayZ great with much smaller bite size time commitments because you have to leave each map in no more than 30min.
Enjoy that while it lasts. It won't be long before the friendlies move onto another game and you're left with the sweaty toxic gamer bros talking about "your mom" over comms.
 
Enjoy that while it lasts. It won't be long before the friendlies move onto another game and you're left with the sweaty toxic gamer bros talking about "your mom" over comms.
I guess. Haven’t experienced much of that. The risk reward is balanced almost perfectly is why I am hooked.
 
Back
Top