ARC Raiders by former EA exec Patrick Söderlund

Alright, new rule, if someone sounds Asian I'm killing them, gotten ratted by 2 of them so far.

Edit: There are a lot of rats that play on console it seems, about to just start killing everyone solo at this point.

I just got killed 2 games in a row, both times I was shot through a corner/wall, wtf is going on.
You gotta remember Asians made the PC your playing on.
 
Almost got taken down again, guy didn't know I was searching the area with someone else I had just met.

Right before I was downed the friendly shot the dude in the back lol, gave him a purple gun part as thanks.
 
Turns out my corner issue is pretty wide spread and it's from desync. I just watched a video talking about it on YouTube and I agree if it doesn't get fixed ASAP a lot of people are going to quit playing.
 
Turns out my corner issue is pretty wide spread and it's from desync. I just watched a video talking about it on YouTube and I agree if it doesn't get fixed ASAP a lot of people are going to quit playing.
solid wall acts like the corner isnt there?
 
I decided to give this a go as my time with Borderlands 4 is nearing its end, at least until some DLC releases. Extraction shooters aren't really my thing and was skeptical to try this as I couldn't get into Helldivers either and sure enough, I just don't get it. I played for about 2 hours and was only able to extract twice with what seemed like nothing but junk. Only ran into a couple frendlies, most people just shot me on sight and were able to kill me every time. I killed one person though that I snuck up on while they were searching something and they were like "Damn man I just started I have no idea what I'm doing." Same man, same. Then I felt kinda bad and wished I didn't.

The only time I had something I actually wanted to extract with (the dog collar to upgrade my rooster, what?) I got killed by some flying arc thing I had no chance against. Learned shortly there after I could have put it in the safe slot or whatever it's called. This one makes even less sense to me than Helldivers, what am I missing?
 
I decided to give this a go as my time with Borderlands 4 is nearing its end, at least until some DLC releases. Extraction shooters aren't really my thing and was skeptical to try this as I couldn't get into Helldivers either and sure enough, I just don't get it. I played for about 2 hours and was only able to extract twice with what seemed like nothing but junk. Only ran into a couple frendlies, most people just shot me on sight and were able to kill me every time. I killed one person though that I snuck up on while they were searching something and they were like "Damn man I just started I have no idea what I'm doing." Same man, same. Then I felt kinda bad and wished I didn't.

The only time I had something I actually wanted to extract with (the dog collar to upgrade my rooster, what?) I got killed by some flying arc thing I had no chance against. Learned shortly there after I could have put it in the safe slot or whatever it's called. This one makes even less sense to me than Helldivers, what am I missing?

Make this game what you want to do in it really. I've got almost 40 hrs in, usually short session plays solo, and I've just focused on upgrading Scrappy and my workstations and slowly work through quests as its convenient. Sometimes engage in opportunistic PVP, but mostly I have a goal in mind when I pick a map, i complete it and extract. I approached playing this as just fun do whatever I want and not worry about trying to get to end game as fast as possible. Have had a few runs with buddies too which was really where the fun was at, but with work/life/etc usually just run 10-20 mins at a time solo.
 
  • Like
Reactions: w35t
like this
How is the cheating situation in this game? Usually 1-life BR's/Extraction shooters get ravaged by cheaters.
 
How is the cheating situation in this game? Usually 1-life BR's/Extraction shooters get ravaged by cheaters.
Ive seen just couple posts about cheaters, but afaik I haven't encountered any. Or heard any of my friends that play bring it up.
 
Last edited:
This game gets a lot of random hate and I am not sure why. Saw an article (not linking so they don't get traffic) headlined "in 20 years no one will be playing Arc". Is that really your stance? Probably be playing Arc 7 or whatever. Can't a game just be fun, people play, devs make money and life goes on. I don't think I have a single game I've played for 20 years.

Probably going to pick this up this weekend. Seeing too many videos posted and just making me laugh.
 
Make this game what you want to do in it really. I've got almost 40 hrs in, usually short session plays solo, and I've just focused on upgrading Scrappy and my workstations and slowly work through quests as its convenient. Sometimes engage in opportunistic PVP, but mostly I have a goal in mind when I pick a map, i complete it and extract. I approached playing this as just fun do whatever I want and not worry about trying to get to end game as fast as possible. Have had a few runs with buddies too which was really where the fun was at, but with work/life/etc usually just run 10-20 mins at a time solo.
This, early game with the quests and upgrades, picking one and focusing on it does work best, I have had rounds where I am like "well, since I am here maybe I can also get this thing.. and dead...%$%$
 
How is the cheating situation in this game? Usually 1-life BR's/Extraction shooters get ravaged by cheaters.
No where near as bad as Tarkov.

And they have an actual functioning reporting system. Granted it's not fast on getting you back results. But, if the cheater reported is determined to be cheating, you and everyone else during that round that was determined not to be cheating will get your lost gear back (or at least most of it). You don't even have to be the one reporting.

The only flaw with the current system is it's sometimes hard to tell when it happened. The message you get later doesn't exactly specify dates or times the cheating happened. But you get stuff back, whether you recall what it was or not.

Same system does a good job deleting the game from immature fucks that think in 2025 it's cool to shout "N*gger!" over coms.
 
Last edited:
Need one more leaper cell to upgrade my bench. Loaded into blue gate and get sniped crossing the map. Second time loading in I get shot in the back as I approach the leaper in the field. Third time I fight the leaper and beat it after a long battle only to have another raider get to the cell before me and run off.

The life and times of arc raiders :D
 
Man - I've spent so much crafting materials on raider hatch keys. IDGAF, it's pure easy mode to extract. 50 to 80k worth of loot for what, a few K worth of materials?

Let the minions duke it out, I'll just slip on by and take the hatch. Easy money.
 
Man - I've spent so much crafting materials on raider hatch keys. IDGAF, it's pure easy mode to extract. 50 to 80k worth of loot for what, a few K worth of materials?

Let the minions duke it out, I'll just slip on by and take the hatch. Easy money.
That's a good idea, think I'm going to start doing it.
 
I'm gonna grab this, just waiting to see if theres a black friday sale
 
Need one more leaper cell to upgrade my bench. Loaded into blue gate and get sniped crossing the map. Second time loading in I get shot in the back as I approach the leaper in the field. Third time I fight the leaper and beat it after a long battle only to have another raider get to the cell before me and run off.

The life and times of arc raiders :D
Thats when you take out said raider...
 
I particularly gave up these types of games a while back (FPS and extraction shooters) because my reaction times were slowing down and I couldn't keep up (57M) with the kids who spend 24/7 on these games. Everyone told me ArcRaiders was different- a community of cooperation- great for solo players.

I purchased the game earlier this week- was having a fun time, everyone for the most part was great, very helpful, even got saved from imminent death a few times.

Now when I log on- almost every single player encounter I have results in death, regardless of whether I put my gun away, ask them not to shoot, they say they agree- then proceed to kill me anyways, etc. Even got killed during extraction.

I'm too old for this shit- I'd rather go back to playing single player games than deal with this. I suppose if I had a couple of friends to play with it wouldn't be as bad but at this point I feel like even BF6 would have been a better option for me because at least there are team servers there.

I'm taking a break- maybe they'll add PvE only modes- if not I feel l wasted $40.
 
People are probably getting bored of playing pacifist. It's also hard to get better at the game if you never engage in combat with other players. I think the practice range should have a multiplayer option. Like a 1v1 arena to try out different weapons without the threat of losing your gear.
 
People are probably getting bored of playing pacifist. It's also hard to get better at the game if you never engage in combat with other players. I think the practice range should have a multiplayer option. Like a 1v1 arena to try out different weapons without the threat of losing your gear.

At this point I feel like there's a limit to just how much I can improve. As I said, my reaction times are slower and to be honest my hands hurt. So I think I will mostly just stick to casual single player games, and RPGs like I've been doing. I was having a good time playing Cyberpunk before this.
 
You kind of learn when to expect PvP as opposed to when you'll meet mostly friendly players. For example, if I'm loading into a night raid I know it'll be primarily shoot on site. On the other hand, with the new map Stella mantis, it's been mostly all friendly for me
 
You kind of learn when to expect PvP as opposed to when you'll meet mostly friendly players. For example, if I'm loading into a night raid I know it'll be primarily shoot on site. On the other hand, with the new map Stella mantis, it's been mostly all friendly for me
That's where I just got killed repeatedly. :)
 
Just picked it up. Had a blast. Mostly killed by players but did get out safely once. Had a lot of laughs while playing!
 
Just picked it up. Had a blast. Mostly killed by players but did get out safely once. Had a lot of laughs while playing!
I assume the atmosphere is different on the weekend because kids have more time to play.

I'm going to turn off cross-play and see if the atmosphere is any different without console players to deal with.
 
I assume the atmosphere is different on the weekend because kids have more time to play.

I'm going to turn off cross-play and see if the atmosphere is any different without console players to deal with.
i'm playing on console >.<

My first play I fought something too big to handle, i got wounded and was crawling up a staircase to get out of range of it, ran into a raider and thought "maybe he will get me up?"

he knocked me out and I couldn't stop laughing.
 
I assume the atmosphere is different on the weekend because kids have more time to play.

I'm going to turn off cross-play and see if the atmosphere is any different without console players to deal with.
Are you on console? PC?

If I were on console, I'd probably turn cross-play off simply because of the whole PC aim thing. PC players have a definite advantage.

But on PC, I don't think I'd turn it off. I feel too much like a god with my superior KBM aim.

I suppose there are social reasons? Bad-mouthing kids taunting you? You are aware there is an in-game voice mod that very convincingly makes you sound female? It messes with your head. At this point, I don't know if I could pass a bind test of real vs mod, it's actually that good.

You're not going to win anything there with server lag. Both parties get lag. I sometimes wonder if some players from other regions get forced into an alt-region server. Lag fights in this game can be frustrating.
 
Are you on console? PC?

If I were on console, I'd probably turn cross-play off simply because of the whole PC aim thing. PC players have a definite advantage.

But on PC, I don't think I'd turn it off. I feel too much like a god with my superior KBM aim.

I suppose there are social reasons? Bad-mouthing kids taunting you? You are aware there is an in-game voice mod that very convincingly makes you sound female? It messes with your head. At this point, I don't know if I could pass a bind test of real vs mod, it's actually that good.

You're not going to win anything there with server lag. Both parties get lag. I sometimes wonder if some players from other regions get forced into an alt-region server. Lag fights in this game can be frustrating.
depends how much the devs have aim assist cranked up. some games like COD, controller players are the ones with superior aim.
 
depends how much the devs have aim assist cranked up. some games like COD, controller players are the ones with superior aim.
I've heard from various reliable sources that aim-assist in this game is rather weak.

My previous statement is further reinforced by the fact the game does not use skill-based matchmaking.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gabe3
like this
50 hours in, almost entirely solo. Level 30, have only been killed a handful of times. Haven’t been betrayed by anyone yet. Have not had anyone say friendly then merk me yet.

I don’t understand all the complaints. I played tarkov for a few months and that community was toxic.

This game has been great. I will say the only people I’ve killed were people with no mic who did not talk or interact with me. Just can’t trust them lol.
 
50 hours in, almost entirely solo. Level 30, have only been killed a handful of times. Haven’t been betrayed by anyone yet. Have not had anyone say friendly then merk me yet.

I don’t understand all the complaints. I played tarkov for a few months and that community was toxic.

This game has been great. I will say the only people I’ve killed were people with no mic who did not talk or interact with me. Just can’t trust them lol.

That's unfortunate because I'm hard of hearing and would never use the mic. I have been fortunate enough that 70% of the time, people were friendly enough in solo.
 
Tried space fort for the utility upgrade parts, top of the launch pad for the coolers.

I got caught by a Rocketeer 70 meters from extraction, after 3 minutes someone came over and helped me take it down, I would of run out of time if it wasn't for the help.

Good times.
 
"Reaction to the change is positive, with most players getting a kick out of what Embark has done here. “Best part of this is the clowns doing the glitch lose all their stuff to someone who legitimately opens the door with a key. CLASSIC!” enthused A_Tortured_Crab. “It's genuinely a really good fix,” added vedomedo. “Hopefully this is the mindset they keep going forward. Punish the exploiters and reward legit players.”

Now, some players are saying they’re more inclined to use their keys to enter locked rooms legitimately in the hope of finding “some dingus who hasn't read the patch notes.”

Technically this isn’t a fix, as players can still use the exploit to enter locked rooms. But it is an eye-catching workaround, and will surely put off players from trying to cheat their way inside a room after they’ve been cooked once.

“Would’ve been better if they just didn’t say anything and rolled this out,” suggested Maverixk_. “Imagine all the door glitches finding this out and losing all of their s**t before word of mouth spread. Would’ve been hilarious.”"

https://www.ign.com/articles/arc-ra...-exploits-and-now-cheaters-are-getting-cooked
did you get caught?
 
Back
Top