ARC Raiders by former EA exec Patrick Söderlund

My little group is having a blast with this. Most of the interaction is friendly, a little of it is brutal. And thecl moment of contact not knowing which it's gonna be haas created some really interesting moments. Sure we've been totally slaughtered by jerks a few times. But just yesterday we had a group overreact and knock one of our guys, then they talked it out before he died and one of THEM got our guy up with a defib and sent him on his way.

Cool stuff happens a lot.
 
That's unfortunate because I'm hard of hearing and would never use the mic. I have been fortunate enough that 70% of the time, people were friendly enough in solo.
You can also use the emote menu. This game is about communication, and has accommodations.

Plenty of console players use emotes and it works out just fine. This is a very loud game that relies on sound for most environmental interactions. Might be difficult if you are hard of hearing.
 
My biggest gripe so far is loading into a map midgame Most of the decent loot is gone and your just picking up scraps.

I think I'm going to make a rule where if I load with less than 25min left, my goal will be to take out a raider or two and loot them
 
I've given up on looting. I now just loot raiders. I've followed people around, watching them loot up, then go in for the kill.

Sneak up on them, throw a sticky grenade at their back, shoot once with an Anvil and take cover. Boom, dead.

Best one was last night. Dropped 3 fuel cans in an extraction lift. Waited. Here comes 3 chucklefucks that get on the lift. Shoot the cans, toss in a couple nades, all 3 dead.
 
Just picked this up while I wait for bf6 to unfuck itself.

It's alright I can see myself playing this a few nights a week for a while. Combat is tough this early level but I understand it gets better. My lootrat brain is satisfied filling up on garbage and hightailing it out for now. This weekend my buddies will be on, and im sure we will go ganking. Just need to try to get some levels before then
 
1768338145787.png
 
I was still playing as of last night. I'm not really pushing for the weeklies or the expedition every time but it's still just entertaining to drop on the maps to accomplish a small goal. I'm hoping they add just more variety of everything into the maps over time.
 
I was still playing as of last night. I'm not really pushing for the weeklies or the expedition every time but it's still just entertaining to drop on the maps to accomplish a small goal. I'm hoping they add just more variety of everything into the maps over time.
Ya, i got into PvP mode defending myself after the reset, got all my quests done, but now kind of dreading having to go in and play 10-15 rounds with out taking a single shot, and I need some items from Stella for the next expedition!
 
Solo drops are crazy chill right now. Had an insane moment last night where someone tried to pvp a guy in hydroponic on dam battlegrounds and 5 of us solos came running from every direction all yelling and coordinating and crushed the guy. We all stood around the pvp guy and looted him while chatting. 5 solos and one rescued guy all standing there in a high loot zone chatting. Lol.
 
I love this game since the PvE / PvP update. I get to play solo and have hilarious interactions with random people. 30 minutes ago a guy approached asking if he can kill me with the shotgun for blue credits and revived me. I don't get shot in the back by control room or metro escape campers anymore, people work together to bring down large units and share the loot - literally asking who engaged first so they get dibs on which part to search first. Finding specific items is definitely slower since the rooms get picked over and no one dies to redistribute it, but whatever I don't mind dropping in more if it's not death around every corner anymore. Brought this game up from a 6/10 to a 9/10 for me.
 
I love this game since the PvE / PvP update. I get to play solo and have hilarious interactions with random people. 30 minutes ago a guy approached asking if he can kill me with the shotgun for blue credits and revived me. I don't get shot in the back by control room or metro escape campers anymore, people work together to bring down large units and share the loot - literally asking who engaged first so they get dibs on which part to search first. Finding specific items is definitely slower since the rooms get picked over and no one dies to redistribute it, but whatever I don't mind dropping in more if it's not death around every corner anymore. Brought this game up from a 6/10 to a 9/10 for me.
Sounds like they got their opaque matchmaking going now. The Care Bears are matched with the Care Bears. The hyenas are matched with the hyenas. I wonder if the cheaters are matched with other cheaters? Nah, too ideal. They still got work to do on dealing with the cheaters.
 
I love this game since the PvE / PvP update. I get to play solo and have hilarious interactions with random people. 30 minutes ago a guy approached asking if he can kill me with the shotgun for blue credits and revived me. I don't get shot in the back by control room or metro escape campers anymore, people work together to bring down large units and share the loot - literally asking who engaged first so they get dibs on which part to search first. Finding specific items is definitely slower since the rooms get picked over and no one dies to redistribute it, but whatever I don't mind dropping in more if it's not death around every corner anymore. Brought this game up from a 6/10 to a 9/10 for me.
This is part i like, when doing PvE, if I hear someone taking on a larger ARC, I will happily go jump in and help em out and let them loot it all. I've been there fighting bastions and stuff alone with just a Ferro and maybe a nade of 2...time drain.
 
Sounds like they got their opaque matchmaking going now. The Care Bears are matched with the Care Bears. The hyenas are matched with the hyenas. I wonder if the cheaters are matched with other cheaters? Nah, too ideal. They still got work to do on dealing with the cheaters.
Can confirm, I ran into a cheater blasting me through walls during a Matriarch fight this morning. Haven't figured them out yet.
 
Can confirm, I ran into a cheater blasting me through walls during a Matriarch fight this morning. Haven't figured them out yet.
I am glad they are doing updates, but the fact that getting into walls and cheating that way still has not been fixed, and it seems it was introduced in patch 1.3 possibly, or at least that is when i started to see their Discord blow up with people complaining about it..
What gets me is The Finals, they can make things break and fall and you never get stuck or inside anything.. but ARC Raiders.. they cant do it?
 
What gets me is The Finals, they can make things break and fall and you never get stuck or inside anything.. but ARC Raiders.. they cant do it?
I dunno, but the physics are pretty cool. If you point your camera to your feet the extra weight from your head being forward lets you climb steeper inclines. Unless that's just a skyrim-esque coding thing, then nevermind.

Also, just traded 21 seeds and some expired pasta for 2 blueprints I hadn't learned yet. Too fun.
 
Not sure if this is allowed, but if it isn't please let me know.

Anyone looking to trade blueprints? I'm looking for a Tempest blueprint and have the Jupiter, Equilizer, Bettina, or Wolfpack blueprint to offer
 
Was hoping this game would flop. Patrick Söderlund "you suck don't buy BF5 if you don't like our BS" is behind it.
 
It’s the first game that has hooked me in years. :)
Ya, I went hard on it when most people I knew had it, was putting in 8 hours a day easily :D, I did the expedition reset, cleared out all the quests again in a few days, so now just building up my stash to hit $5mill for the second reset. I went a couple weeks not playing it, as I got into The Finals :D, but now back into it again, and doing things like being a PvP killer on maps like Stella, where you can hear someone getting attacked who was friendly, have managed to kill the aggressor a couple of times and revive the downed person.

Makes it fun being a "hunter" sometimes, and also always carrying defib kits to res people who get taken out by the Bastion on Stella, too many people tend to fall to their death there.

Now, I do hope they can find a way to maybe adjust some of the quests after a reset, so they are not all 100% the same every time, or at least offer new rewards for them...Sure if they do that, of course people who do no reset will complain "but we should get that too!" No, you should not, because those who reset are putting in more time and work to get to that point.
 
Eh, maybe I'm in the minority but Arc Raiders is "meh". Any game you can hit someone over the head three times with a sledgehammer and they survive is retarded.
 
The ultimate irony is that it is absolutely destroying Battleturd 6!

View attachment 782074

View attachment 782075

Ya BF6 is quite the let-down. If the beta is the most fun you know you've got problems as a franchise. I mean even releasing a battle royale with no solo mode shows they have no idea WTF they are doing.

Trying to get into Arc Raiders and I kill on sight.. is there any negatives to that? haha
 
Ya BF6 is quite the let-down. If the beta is the most fun you know you've got problems as a franchise. I mean even releasing a battle royale with no solo mode shows they have no idea WTF they are doing.
I knew immediately from the beta it was going to be run and gun wannabe CoD garbage and that EA/DICE were lying through their teeth about better maps being in the pipeline, but the fanboys were drunk on hopium and refused to believe. Sadly the old BF formula is dead and never coming back when you have retarded shit stains at EA/DICE making decisions. If the new Saudi overlords clean house there might be a faint glimmer of hope.
 
Still having a blast in this. My crew and I just jump on a few nights a week and will play for an hour or two; it's supremely easy to jump into for a little bit of time and then get out. The community is hilarious; I've met many memorable characters though proximity chat that have created some awesome moments. I've found that I can jump in solo to accomplish a few things and then extract with whatever I need MOST of the time; the threat of assholes is just enough to keep me on my toes without having to stress about it the whole match. It's just super chill to play.
 
Yep, got my expedition ready. Might as well do it once. I'm playing the Windrose demo while I wait for the expedition to open.

I'm having a friend take the 35ish blueprints I've saved up and give them to me when I log back in after the wipe.
 
Playing friendly is an art. The game has developed a whole interaction system in friendly lobbies and you have to read people every second.

I haven't been killed by players in days and dozens of drops and it's still tense in a very unique way.
 
Playing friendly is an art. The game has developed a whole interaction system in friendly lobbies and you have to read people every second.

I haven't been killed by players in days and dozens of drops and it's still tense in a very unique way.
Ya but you still get that one rat.

Happened yesterday, fighting the Matriarch on Dam, already used up 3 defibs to revive people, one of the last people shooting the Arc as ai had my hullcracker. several dead bodies around me, recent one went to loot to check for ammo/nades, another person walks up, I emote "hello raider", they mic talk back "Hey.." I turn to go back to killing the arc and BAM prick mows me down from behind with their Il Torro....good thing I had the 2 cores I already got in a safepocket but still, I had other gear from others who died....
 
Back
Top