Windows Feedback Program - Free Vista/Office 2007 - UPDATE!!!

I posted in the "what you got in the mail" thread, but I'll post here as well- I received my Office Ultimate yesterday, and I had signed up on 12/11 before all of the flurry happened.

LOL, thanks for the response, but as I mentioned in my earlier posts, both of those processes WERE running on the machines that M$ claims are not sending data.

My work PC might be blocked by the new firewall we installed a couple weeks ago... in which case I'm screwed on that one. But, there seems to be literally NO WAY for me to verify if the data is being blocked or if it's getting to M$.

And as for my personal lappy, there is no excuse for it to not be sending data. Especially when the WFP processes seize my dial-up and render it as useful as a brick for about 30 minutes.

wjogert, I had the same problem, and I sent them an email complaining about it. I actually had a real, live person work with me on it too- they were very responsive to helping out.

wjogert, I had the same problem, and I sent them an email complaining about it. I actually had a real, live person work with me on it too- they were very responsive to helping out.
How did you get live support?? I've emailed them and just get a generic response based on the FAQ's page.

How did you get live support?? I've emailed them and just get a generic response based on the FAQ's page.

It wasn't live support, but it was a real person giving me email from their end. I sent a complaint email with the original confirmation from them included- feel free to plagiarize :) I got a reply to that email in less than 24 hours, and person at M$ worked with me for the next 5 days, until the resolution of me installing the WFP programs again.

Hello,

I have to take some offense to this email- I was signed up and registered well before the 2p.m. cut-off (your confirmation email below):

from [email protected]
to [email protected],
date 11 Dec 2007 09:32:41 -0800
subject Windows Feedback Program registration confirmation
mailed-by microsoft.com

Thank you for your interest in the Windows Feedback Program. Please click the link below to confirm your e-mail address and continue with the enrollment process.

http://wfp.microsoft.com/Registrati...5bb9be6e36b03fb0739b44c26f9e7d&ConfirmEMail=1

Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please visit the Microsoft.com Privacy Statement. You may also review the Privacy Statement for this program.

One Microsoft Way
Redmond, Washington 98052-6399
U.S.A

I've also had the programs running and properly set up in my firewall to allow transmission ever since that date- however, at the request of the previous email, I've now uninstalled them. I'm simply sending this email to you to let you know that YOU are in the wrong in this issue, and thank you for your time.

Regards,

I'm still waiting for my Windows Ultimate. I registered just before the cut off but I should qualify for it. Now I just need to decide what to do with it. I have a trial version of Win XP 64-bit that expires in about 2 1/2 months. I can either load it on then and not buy a new OS or just do a duel boot.

I don't think mine is working. Are there ports that need to be open? I have the services running, but have yet to do a survey.

I don't think mine is working. Are there ports that need to be open? I have the services running, but have yet to do a survey.

I have never done any surveys either. I still haven't got this e-mail people have been getting for the past 2 days.

Remember people, the surveys are OPTIONAL, whats important is that you've been running the WFP client on at least one PC for the past 3 months.

I got my email! I can uninstall WFP after March 11, woot woot!

I got my email, too... I got my email, too. Gonna' get some free stuff! :D

OK, so that covers my lappy. Now to see if I get an email for my workstation.

Ive only done one survey so far. No product, and no other emails. :( I hope I get my Office soon.

I hope I get mine soon too. I signed up at approximately 1.40 p.m. on Dec. 11 a few minutes before it ended, but still no confirmation e-mail for the free software :confused:

I signed up on Dec. 10th.
Wrote them yesterday asking about my gift and all I got back was a canned response.
Wrote the again today, and got the same email with no clear answer.

I did receive a confirmation email a few weeks back that they were receiving data and one option survey (the clock monitoring one).

Since then nothing, but I know they have the correct data. At least my mailing address and product choice were there :)

I got an email from MS yesterday:

"Hi Don,

The email address we have you registered with is [email protected]

Products are going out in the next week. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.

Here&#8217;s what we have on file:

Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007

You may receive another auto-notification.

THANKS

Christina

The Windows Experience Team"

I uninstalled WFP software yesterday..

DAMNIT MAN!!! That means I should be getting my email soon. I actually got a live person emailing me back and forth when I was originally inquiring whether or not I made the cut off. I ended up reinstalling the WFP client in Jan I think so probably wont get mine until next month :( Oh well, I have only gotten two surveys since then and one email saying that they are receiving transmissions.

I still haven't received a single message of any sort since the initial registration one. I'm wondering if MS is being really, really picky about the cutoff (allowing for timezones, I registered a little under an hour after the cutoff of 2pm on 12/11).

I am starting to think that it was a mistake to install Vista on my new build 3 weeks ago without an activation key. Running out of time, and still no sign of my free Vista. :(

I still haven't gotten any email, it may take a little while if they have to process it. It looks like live reps are handling it.

I am starting to think that it was a mistake to install Vista on my new build 3 weeks ago without an activation key. Running out of time, and still no sign of my free Vista. :(

just don't EVER restart until you get your key, lol.

Try re-arming your copy if Vista, you can extend the trail time up to 120 days this way.

So who here has not gotten their confirmation email/gift yet? Makes me slightly worried that I haven't received an email from Microsoft saying that my three months is up and my gift is on the way :( Btw, I installed on Dec 11th before the deadline and the gifts ran out. I did get one email from them saying that after three months, I would get my gift and then it listed my address. Another email said that my PC was transmitting data and that I would get my gift after three months.

I received an email some 4 weeks ago confirming that my PC was sending data and that I was good to go... but nothing else since then.

My 3 months were up yesterday, so... hopefully I'll get something from MS pretty soon.

I just checked my email and I did in fact register on the 11th early on, at around 8:30am pacific. I also got an email in Feb. saying I was sending data to them and am on-track for the gift. I have emailed them but just got back a canned FAQ, responded to that and it seems it went through to someone.as it did not send me the FAQ a second time.

EDIT: It just sent the FAQ back to me again :mad:. I am supposed to use the email on the WFP site, right?

I too haven't recieved anything else than an email telling me that "This message is to notify you that you are a registered member of the program, and so far you have met all requirements to qualify for the free product offer. Congratulations!". So, I'm hoping I'll get a another email saying my stuff is on the way. I don't remember when I signed up for this though but I do know that it was well before the cutoff.

Yeah, the emails I was talking about were exactly the ones that you guys (Devil24, GoldenTiger, and skizzled) received. I wish there was a way to get ahold of a real representative. I've been emailing them once or twice a day, and have only gotten the canned response FAQ email in return.

Don't give up hope yet, I just received an email notification a few minutes ago. Free Vista Ultimate, not bad for something I was already doing on all of my comps since Vista came out. :cool:

gosh I wish I would have picked Office 2007 instead of Vista Ultimate

Just got the email aswell..."Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery" it's funny because I uninstalled it 1 month after I registered for the feedback program.

Weeeeee!!! just got my email :D!!!

Thank you for participating in the Windows Feedback Program!

This message is to notify you that your 3 months participation term has completed, and we are getting ready to ship your product. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. You will receive another email from us when shipments have gone out.

We have received many product selection changes and mailing address corrections from program participants and believe we have implemented all of those changes. Please verify that the below information is correct and notify us if you need us to make another change prior to shipping.

Your product selection:

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)

You may also continue to receive an occasional invitation to participate in a Windows product survey, though this is not guaranteed. Your participation in surveys is optional.

We would love to keep you in our program and offer new incentives. If you continue participating in the automated feedback program through March 30, 2008, you will receive a sweepstakes entry for a chance to win USD $5000 cash. For complete sweepstake rules, including alternative entry methods, visit Official Rules, Windows Feedback Program Sweepstakes. There is no purchase required to enter. The sweepstakes program is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Please check http://wfp.microsoft.com for new incentives before you uninstall the feedback tool.

If you would like to stop sending data as part of the automated feedback program now, you are free to uninstall our tool today using this utility: http://wfp.microsoft.com/App_Client/wfpclean.exe

Please do not remove yourself from the program by sending a “remove” request to [email protected] until your product selection has arrived, so that we can resend it to you in case you don’t receive it.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your participation.

The Windows Experience Team

Same here!

Thank you for participating in the Windows Feedback Program!

This message is to notify you that your 3 months participation term has completed, and we are getting ready to ship your product. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. You will receive another email from us when shipments have gone out.

We have received many product selection changes and mailing address corrections from program participants and believe we have implemented all of those changes. Please verify that the below information is correct and notify us if you need us to make another change prior to shipping.

Your product selection:

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)

Your address:
<stately pimp manor>

You may also continue to receive an occasional invitation to participate in a Windows product survey, though this is not guaranteed. Your participation in surveys is optional.
Awesome. Glad I signed up before work that day. :D

Back