Windows Feedback Program - Free Vista/Office 2007 - UPDATE!!!

Yep and got my email also. :) Whats another couple weeks of having the program run... I could care less really since I installed it on my wifes computer. :D

anyone else get this part in their confirmation e-mails?

Got my email last night, will probably keep the software on 'till I get Vista in hand.

i got my emails today, got two copies coming in. how many survey did everyone fill out? i can only remember doing one. how long does it really take to get the free software in? i only have 17 days left on my vista.

got email this AM...didn't fill out any surveys :confused:

Oh well, 4-6 weeks for Vista via Boot Camp :D

what is this thread about? can i still get in on it?

Nope, they closed the program on Jan 22nd (if I remember right)
basically, they run an app on your pc, collect data for 3 months and then you get free software. Sweet deal.

Yay, got my notification that I'll be getting Office 2007 at about 3:30am last night! :) I wish I had done it on multiple machines ;)!

hmmm...they said if I stay signed into the WFP until after March 30th I'd be entered for $5k...now that my main notebook is off at RMA and I'm stuck with this one and my EEE, can I hold off on going to my normal darkside websites or should I just dump the WTF and go about my normal everyday thing? Me thinks I'll just dump it for now and wait for a better offer to come my way, 1 out of a billion chance for $5k are not my kind of odds.

The surveys were completely optional, so long as you ran the WFP software throughout the 3 month period you will get your prize. :)

Thats not completely true. When you signed up for the Windows Feedback program, you had to hit the check boxes for both sections of the feedback program (the surveys and the wfp.exe) or else you could not select a free gift.

hmmm...they said if I stay signed into the WFP until after March 30th I'd be entered for $5k...now that my main notebook is off at RMA and I'm stuck with this one and my EEE, can I hold off on going to my normal darkside websites or should I just dump the WTF and go about my normal everyday thing? Me thinks I'll just dump it for now and wait for a better offer to come my way, 1 out of a billion chance for $5k are not my kind of odds.

Have you guys been shying away from certain tasks with the WFP.exe active (torrents, etc come to mind)? Does it monitor what websites you go to also? Thought it would monitor program uses more.

Have you guys been shying away from certain tasks with the WFP.exe active (torrents, etc come to mind)? Does it monitor what websites you go to also? Thought it would monitor program uses more.

Having read through the initial terms and conditions, they explicitly state these sorts of activities are not monitored or transmitted. So, no, I have not done anything apart from my normal usage.

I don't trust MS, I don't care what they say, if I act blindly with the WFP program running on my comp I'll have hte man knocking on my door in no time.

I don't trust MS, I don't care what they say, if I act blindly with the WFP program running on my comp I'll have hte man knocking on my door in no time.
So? then you whip out the terms of the contract, declare an illegal search/seizure to any judge and the case is thrown out. Also, because the discovery of the actions were via illegal means, no one else can touch you for a single bit of that activity.

Then, because you would have had to give up your stuff for some amount of time during the motion for summary dismissal (see above), you sue the b'jesus out of MS, your ISP and the local police dept.

So go on dl'ing. you can't lose!

Never got the email, but at this point i don't care. I am still feeling violated in the rear from the Power together promo that left me paying 100+$ in Taxes for a NFR product that i couldn't turn around and sell. Meh.

So? then you whip out the terms of the contract, declare an illegal search/seizure to any judge and the case is thrown out. Also, because the discovery of the actions were via illegal means, no one else can touch you for a single bit of that activity.

Then, because you would have had to give up your stuff for some amount of time during the motion for summary dismissal (see above), you sue the b'jesus out of MS, your ISP and the local police dept.

So go on dl'ing. you can't lose!

I like the way you think.

This message is to notify you that your 3 months participation term has completed, and we are getting ready to ship your product. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. You will receive another email from us when shipments have gone out.

Sweet. Hope I see it soon, I'm putting my Q6600 system together tonight. I have a PC set up at work just for running our HD client and accessing our in/out board that only works in IE, just tossed it on there and forgot about it for a few months until I got the email today.

Yarp! I got the same email today as well. Hopefully it takes less than their projected 4-6 week thing but I doubt it.

Got my email... Looks like I am going to buy another 4 gig so I can run 8 Gig 64 bit Vista....

Never got the email, but at this point i don't care. I am still feeling violated in the rear from the Power together promo that left me paying 100+$ in Taxes for a NFR product that i couldn't turn around and sell. Meh.

i sold it...but it went with a computer i had. oops. i've managed to get a lot of stuff from them in the past year i realized.

Vista Business thru PowerTogether
Zune 30 thru Live Search Club
Vista Ultimate, Office 07 Ultimate thru WFP

:D

This message is to notify you that your 3 months participation term has completed, and we are getting ready to ship your product. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. You will receive another email from us when shipments have gone out.
Score!

Got my email this morning. 4-6 weeks? Grrr... Hopefully the Vista discs will have SP1 slipstreamed. Only got 10 more days to activate, though. Looks like I will have to do at least one reinstall.

8 GB is cool.

Got my email today. 4-6 weeks is too long, might as well leave wfp running until the 30th for a chance at 5K.

Woohoo! I got the message in February about them not getting any results and figured I'd be screwed until May. Not so. Vista Ultimate is on the way.

I think I'll leave it running on my wife's laptop in case they send some more goodies in the future. Doesn't seem to be hurting anything.

Got my email as well. Darn, was almost hoping that they'd have an option of sending a key + link to download instead.

it's all good. been a long time since i've had a legit full version pressed disc from microsoft and not a vendor

Sweet, got my notification as well. The best part is that the WFP machine was probably only used for about an hour a week.

Back