Windows Feedback Program - Free Vista/Office 2007 - UPDATE!!!

I received the email as well.

Since I use Open Office- I went for Vista Ultimate.

Never have recieved a survey email except the initial one on signup.

Hope it gets here before the new build happens. (Oh Q9450 on March 15!)

I also received the "successful participation in Windows Feedback Program" email :D

Your product selection:

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)

Your address:
W00t W00t
Flower Mound
Texas

If you can't remember installing it, just look in Windows Task Manager....

WFP.jpg

WFP%20Program.jpg

Does anyone else find it odd that we talk about getting an E-mail from them for successful participation and then less than 2 days later we get it :D

I received the email but I didn't receive Vista yet. :(

Hurry up Microsoft! lol

Well lets see, $300-400 per software title or <$10 for shipping... Ill gladly pay shipping...but thats me.

Thank you for participating in the Windows Feedback Program!

This message is to notify you that you are a registered member of the program, and so far you have met all requirements to qualify for the free product offer. Congratulations!

As a reminder, when you registered for the program, we stated that you will receive your product only after we have confirmed that you have:

· Entered a valid e-mail and shipping address.

· Fully completed the survey.

· Downloaded and installed the software on Windows Vista or XP.

· Used our software for at least 3 months on a Windows Vista or XP computer that is periodically connected to the Internet.

As part of the registration process, we indicated that if we detect your computer not to be sending data, you would be notified accordingly.

We are currently receiving data from your PC on a frequent basis, and as soon as you complete the 3 months participation term, your free product selection will be sent to the mailing address you submitted at registration.

Your product selection:

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)

Your address:

xxxxxxxx

You may also receive an occasional invitation to participate in a Windows product survey, though this is not guaranteed.

If you have any questions, or if your mailing address has changed, please contact us at [email protected].

Thank You,

The Windows Experience Team

just got this

Hmmm... my father in-law hasn't received the email yet... going to give it a couple more days then I'll fire off an email to Microsoft for him.

Hmmm... my father in-law hasn't received the email yet... going to give it a couple more days then I'll fire off an email to Microsoft for him.

i havent recieved this email yet either.

i signed up on time, and was asked to choose my gift and enter my address too.

I've got my original email, nothing since then.... no surveys, no follow ups, nothing. Guess I'll just wait and see.....

I got my email the other day, getting my vista ultimate. I wish it didnt expire so quick I was gonna sign up for an office too under my wifes name LOL have mine sent to work and hers sent to the house.

I got my email, but I don't recall it saying when the 3 months of info collecting would be done, nor did it say when they'd be sending out my free OS.

Got my email too stating they had done their timestamp reviews and I was eligible. Thank god I had gone ahead and installed on my laptop anyways, but still installed on my desktop too after the reformat. Looks like they ship them out after 3months of surveys and monitoring... SWEET Office here I come.

Anyone else actually get a copy of their software?

Cuz I signed up for the thing way back when, went home for Xmas break, and Vista Ultimate was waiting in the mailbox when I got back to school.

Anyone else actually get a copy of their software?

Cuz I signed up for the thing way back when, went home for Xmas break, and Vista Ultimate was waiting in the mailbox when I got back to school.

Lucky dawg, was it an OEM copy or the full retail package?

I got my email a few days ago. And my wife got hers. Cool 2 copies of Vista x64...

i havent recieved this email yet either.

i signed up on time, and was asked to choose my gift and enter my address too.
Do you have WFP installed on the respective computers? You only get the email if MS hasn't gotten any feedback on your system.

What exactly is MSoft looking for with this concept? What is the point of the WFP project... anyone know?
This is purely conjecture, but considering that they are in the middle of the first rounds of Windows 7 production, I'd say that they are gathering information on the most-used programs and what programs cause the most problems.

I'm pretty annoyed. They Emailed me today and told me they weren't receiving data. I've turned off the firewall in Vista and reinstalled. I can't believe I couldn't check this on my own until today. :(

I'm pretty annoyed. They Emailed me today and told me they weren't receiving data. I've turned off the firewall in Vista and reinstalled. I can't believe I couldn't check this on my own until today. :(

Same here. I figured since it was running and they were sending me emails that it was working properly. I hope that doesn't mean 3 months starts today.

I received an email that basically, I did fulfilled all the requirements. I'm stoked :cool:

Same here. I figured since it was running and they were sending me emails that it was working properly. I hope that doesn't mean 3 months starts today.

same here. yet i checked the task manager and both .exe files they said should be running were there.

i had to add them to my firewall exceptions. hopefully this works, wish there was a way to know if its working or not.

If you are currently a Windows Feedback Program participant, you will receive one entry in a sweepstakes for a chance to win USD $5000 cash each time you complete a survey from the survey feedback program between January 28, 2008 and March 30, 2008.

so did anyone else notice the part about the $5000??? CASH???? i'm signed up, i don't care what info MS is sending! yay for sweepstakes!

lol i got an email today saying

"Your PC isn't sending data"

sure enough i check, everything is running, the email address was registered, the ports on the firewall was opened..

ohh well.. :)

Do you have WFP installed on the respective computers? You only get the email if MS hasn't gotten any feedback on your system.

WFP is installed and running on my father in-laws computer. Only reason for my concern is that my wife and I both received "AOK" emails from Microsoft over the past couple of days and he hasn't received anything. Hopefully all is well with his computer & WFP. If not, hopefully Microsoft let's him know. I don't think he minds having to wait another 3 months for free Ultimate. :)

Lol, I wish it was the full retail package.

Just two DVDs sealed in sleeves with a key stickered on the back.

Good luck to everyone still waiting; there is hope. :)

So I guess what I am asking is this:

If I've already got a copy of XP OEM on my computer, am I screwed? I know there are apparently ways around upgrading from XP OEM to Vista OEM, but I guess I would like to know where I stand.

So I guess what I am asking is this:

If I've already got a copy of XP OEM on my computer, am I screwed? I know there are apparently ways around upgrading from XP OEM to Vista OEM, but I guess I would like to know where I stand.

The Vista we will recieve from this program is the full retail license, not OEM or an upgrade. The packaging is just minimal cardboard sleeving, presumably to save on shipping costs.

It was the same way with the 'PowerTogether' promotion last year, our copies of Vista Business were full retail but the packaging was non-existant.

The Vista we will recieve from this program is the full retail license, not OEM or an upgrade. The packaging is just minimal cardboard sleeving, presumably to save on shipping costs.

It was the same way with the 'PowerTogether' promotion last year, our copies of Vista Business were full retail but the packaging was non-existant.

Not even cardboard, just thin paper sleeves.

But yeah, like Blue Falcon says, it's to be able to fit it into a small bubble mailer.

I'm sure the key on the back is 100% legit and reusable although I didn't actually test the copy I got. I already had Vista Home Premium on my lappy so I passed it on to a buddy.

Ah, perfect. Looking forward to mid-March :D

got my email saying i just got to wait for vista ultimate a few days ago. can't wait!

Negative on this, they sent out an email saying they WERE receiving updates from the software.

Darn i got this email on december 11 but it didnt recognize the sender so i thought it was a scam virus thing! Man im pissed.

Back