Windows Feedback Program - Free Vista/Office 2007 - UPDATE!!!

Assuming I didn't accidentally erase it, the only email I ever got was the registration confirmation one. Nothing since then, good or bad...at least the WFP app(s) is well behaved and stays out of the way...

DAMN!

I signed up way back in December and just recieved this...

Dear Windows Feedback Program panelist,

We would like to notify you that your PC now sends data on a frequent basis. THANK YOU!

As soon as you complete the 3 months participation term, your free product selection will be sent to the mailing address you submitted at registration. Prior to sending out your product we will be verifying your selection and mailing address.

If you still have questions, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected] and we will make every effort to get back to you. Please note that we are currently experiencing a high volume of questions and are frequently updating the FAQ that is sent out as an automatic response from [email protected].

THANK YOU

The Windows Experience Team

Today, I got my second WFP Survey. Clicked the link once and it basically said "THX for taking the survey".

Clicked the link from my email again and it said there is no survey to take.

probably just wanted to see if you were willing to follow the agreement so they sent a bullshit survey link LOL

I never got any surveys, just the email saying they are receiving info from the computer I installed their stuff on.

Has anybody else not received any email? My father in-law has been running the program since the end of November/early December and he hasn't received any email(good or bad).

Just curious if there are others or if I should write Microsoft for him?

Has anybody else not received any email? My father in-law has been running the program since the end of November/early December and he hasn't received any email(good or bad).

Just curious if there are others or if I should write Microsoft for him?

I emailed them at [email protected] and got a enrollment confirmation shortly after. I think it may have been a coincidence as they also sent me another reply a few days later telling me they would be sending out information (presumably the one I recieved confirming enrollment) within the week.

I haven't recieved any surveys though, the confirmation email confirmed my gift and that my computer had been sending information.

I got a survey email today. The survey was pretty short and about widgets.

Hopefully the software ships out soon.

Hmmm... Microsoft replied and said my father in-law didn't sign up in time? :confused: The email confirmation they sent him was received at 1:04PM EDT on 12/11/07. I thought the cutoff time was 2:00PM PST on 12/11/07? I'll email them with a copy of his original email next time I'm over there I guess.

He says he typed in his shipping address and picked Vista Ultimate as the gift like I asked him to do so I dunno? :confused:

I haven't received any email about a survey.

Me either. I kinda feel bad for getting this deal and i have to do so little for it......NOT :D

I can't wait to get my copy of Vista, I am really looking forward to upgradeing (will actually do a clean install, not upgrade).

Anyone know where I can get a cheap 2disk case to hold my copy of Vista, I know that I will be just getting a couple paper sleeves and the COA, I would like to get something to keep them in to protect them and to make it harder to lose them. I have lost my copy of XP as it only came in a paper sleeve with the COA sticker and dont want the same to happen to my copy of Vista. I have hundreds of disks in paper sleeves and things seem to get lost when I put anything near them.

Why don't you get a CD case or two and put all your OS/applications in one, and your games in another? Thats what I do, and I never lose anything :D

Anyone else get their copies of Vista Ultimate?

I hate to say this with all these people agonizing over getting just one copy, but MS sent me a 2nd pair of Vista disks... <shifty eyes>

I got an e-mail saying my system is not sending data. Oh well, uninstalled...

Was looking forward to Vista x64, guess I will stick with XP x64.

So people are seeing their disks now?

Hmmm. Q9450 in a few weeks, maybe I won't need to use XP after all....

Decided that I had absolutely no use for Vista. Once XP hits its end of service, I won't be using Windows products anymore, unless MS gets their act together.
What does that have anything to do with this thread? :rolleyes:

Decided that I had absolutely no use for Vista. Once XP hits its end of service, I won't be using Windows products anymore, unless MS gets their act together.

Can you just send me your copy then?

Not sure if MS is pulling a fast one, but I got emails on BOTH my accounts today, telling me that I haven't upheld my agreement to receive the free products.

They claim my PC's are not sending data. Well, the WFP processes are active in Task Manager, in both machines.
One is my work PC, which is on every day, all day. We have corporate firewall, and I don't believe it's blocking WFP. But, maybe.

However, the other account is on my personal lappy, which is also running both processes, and has no firewall blocking. Also, I can tell when WFP starts communicating because my dial-up goes useless for 20-30 minutes, while the modem icon blinks like mad. No other software in my lappy is configured to automotically connect or auto-update.

I suspect MS is trying to hose us on the deal. Since we can't view the data being sent, how do we prove that our PC has been compliant?

I'm curious to see if any others have received the same email, recently. Anyone?
Or, by some freak chance, have both my machines really stopped communicating??

Same here, just got the email. I scrubbed WFP off my lappy reinstalled it and checked to make sure my firewall wasn't blocking it. I don't know whats going on, but this is BS. Now I think will have to wait another three months and I was happy to be able to pull it in a couple of weeks.

I got this right now:
Subject: invitation to a new optional study as part of the Windows Feedback Program
Date:Friday, February 29, 2008 8:56:19 AM View Source

Hello,

Thanks very much for participating in the Windows Feedback Program.

We are currently conducting a study to identify and improve the product features our customers use most. As part of this study, you would download and install a small program (ClickSight®) that collects information about the features you use in a variety of software applications. In exchange for filling out a short survey and leaving the tool installed for 6 months, you will receive a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate*. The survey and installation process should take about 10 minutes.

Click the link to take the survey:

http://survey.clickstreamtech.net/Survey/TakeSurvey.asp?SurveyID=<snip>

If you are interested, please click on the link above to take our survey and follow the instructions to download the ClickSight® tool. Please note that this study is open to Windows Vista users only.

If you would like more information, please visit the ClickStream Technologies Privacy Policy. ClickSight is not spyware, nor will it slow down your computer&#8217;s performance.

If you have any questions, please send an email to [email protected].

Thank You,
I guess mine is still working. I'm going to uninstall WFP soon.

i got this at the beginning of the month

Thank you for participating in the Windows Feedback Program!

This message is to notify you that you are a registered member of the program, and so far you have met all requirements to qualify for the free product offer. Congratulations!

As a reminder, when you registered for the program, we stated that you will receive your product only after we have confirmed that you have:

· Entered a valid e-mail and shipping address.

· Fully completed the survey.

· Downloaded and installed the software on Windows Vista or XP.

· Used our software for at least 3 months on a Windows Vista or XP computer that is periodically connected to the Internet.

As part of the registration process, we indicated that if we detect your computer not to be sending data, you would be notified accordingly.

We are currently receiving data from your PC on a frequent basis, and as soon as you complete the 3 months participation term, your free product selection will be sent to the mailing address you submitted at registration.

Your product selection:

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)

dang that sucks guys. I formatted my computer and haven't reinstalled wfp and they sent me the message above about a month after

I received the email also, scrubbed the old, reinstalled and made sure that my firewall recognized the WFP as a trusted application to send data through. I also replied to the email asking how I could find out if the data was getting through.

I also noticed that when I removed the old one and downloaded it again, it was a new version so maybe MS is just using this as an excuse to dig a little deeper into our networks...which makes me nervous.

*EDIT* I just send them a couple of questions and I got a "we are busy at the moment and will get back to you as soon as possible" email and at the bottom were some commonly asked questions, one of them was regarding the time reset. They said something along the lines of yes and no. No the time is only three months with a big 'but' for if we are not transmitting data.

Does the 3 month clock reset when I reinstall the automated feedback tool?

No, we keep your initial registration timestamp for the 3 month period. If we don&#8217;t receive data from your PC, we will notify you.

I got this right now:

i got that email as well. but it looks almost like some kind of scam email. $10 for 6 months? while you have the WFP prog installed for 3 months and get Office or Vista? it doesn't make sense. can anyone tell if its actually legit? not that i care...i don't have Vista installed on this comp so apparently i can't do it.

I got this right now:

I received the same tonight. I'm not uninstalling until I have my copy of Vista :)

I mean free is better than a Mexican copy any day.

Well, we should not be getting the free software until after march 11th then, correct?

I took the survey, but did not install the scam-ware looking "click stream" download. Screw that.

I installed it on one of my work computers that I leave on folding anyways LOL. I just want my free software so I can finish this new system.

Oh this is funny now. As previously noted in this thread, my father in-law had not received any email from M$ up until a few weeks ago. I emailed them for him to make sure he was setup and they said that he missed the cutoff and on top of that they were not receiving any data from him. They recommended he just uninstall the program.

Ok, so we did.

Now they send him another email saying that if he wants his free software, he has to try to reinstall WFP. :) Too funny.

We are going to do it and see if M$ is happy. If so, I guess he did meet the deadline originally(or M$ had a change of heart?).

M$ = funny! :D

Has anyone who reached all requirements received the software yet? Let us know please.

OK, so still concerned about M$ saying that NEITHER of my PC's were sending data... I decided to email them. Here's the generic auto-response that I got... :mad:

Thank you for submitting a question to [email protected]. We are currently experiencing a high volume of questions and have compiled a new FAQ. We hope you find your question addressed.

We have sent out individual email communications to the following groups:

1. Customers who registered when the free product promotion was active, and their PC is sending data to us.

2. Customers who entered their name and email address on the first enrollment page on our website http://wfp.microsoft.com before the program closed at 2 p.m. PT on December 11, 2007, but who did not finish registration when the offer was active. We included instructions to supply the missing information.

3. Customers who registered in time, but their PC is not sending data. We sent out instructions on how to correct the problem so that they will qualify for the free product.

Within the next four weeks, we will notify all customers who registered after the offer ended and are not eligible for the complimentary Microsoft product. All customers that remain in the Windows Feedback Program will be eligible for a new sweepstakes program.

If you still have questions, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected] and we will make every effort to get back to you.

Thank You,
The email then goes on to list their FAQ's from the WFP website.... useless...
All I wanted to know was how to VERIFY that my PC is sending data now, rather that learn in a couple weeks that I don't get my product.

Well, it turns out I was able to get a free copy of vista from MSDN, and I just got my 9600gt and need to format really bad. So do you think if I format on March 11th after 2pm I will still qualify since I had their software installed for exactly 3 months and minutes?

So do you think if I format on March 11th after 2pm I will still qualify since I had their software installed for exactly 3 months and minutes?

I would just wait for some confirmation. You have already waited this long whats another day or two? I'm waiting until the discs are in my hands...then burying them in the backyard incase MS gestapo tries to come to my house and take them away.

Well, it turns out I was able to get a free copy of vista from MSDN, and I just got my 9600gt and need to format really bad. So do you think if I format on March 11th after 2pm I will still qualify since I had their software installed for exactly 3 months and minutes?

You can still install it on another machine using your email address. And format your machine and install vista. They still receive info and you don't have to wait.

Even if you format your drive, just re-install the WFP agent on the rebuild. Register it to the same email that it's registered to now. They shouldn't penalize you for missing a day or two.

OK, so still concerned about M$ saying that NEITHER of my PC's were sending data... I decided to email them. Here's the generic auto-response that I got... :mad:

The email then goes on to list their FAQ's from the WFP website.... useless...
All I wanted to know was how to VERIFY that my PC is sending data now, rather that learn in a couple weeks that I don't get my product.

How can I tell whether I am properly registered in the automated feedback program?

When you are properly registered, you will see the following processes in Windows Task Manager: wfpuser.exe and wfpservice.exe. Please note that in Windows Vista you will need to click “Show processes from all users” to display this information.

LOL, thanks for the response, but as I mentioned in my earlier posts, both of those processes WERE running on the machines that M$ claims are not sending data.

My work PC might be blocked by the new firewall we installed a couple weeks ago... in which case I'm screwed on that one. But, there seems to be literally NO WAY for me to verify if the data is being blocked or if it's getting to M$.

And as for my personal lappy, there is no excuse for it to not be sending data. Especially when the WFP processes seize my dial-up and render it as useful as a brick for about 30 minutes.

Back