The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

Ok completed the game,
had the good ending with Ciri becoming a witcher but not with the desired ruling empire I wanted. Disliked Radovid intently. So I've gone back to a save just after you and Ciri arrive at Novigrad agai to change this part of the ending.

Just heads up:

If you did the Assassin Radovid quest earlier, once in Novigrad again you have to capture a certain character from Dijkstra's bathhouse. To trigger the next quest to kill King Radovid don't shove Dijkstra out of the way in the dialogue box, instead give up this certain character to him to talk with (which leads to a conversation about Ciri).

Following up after that, later on when you do this quest to kill Radovid there is a disagreement between Roche + Thaler against Dijkstra after the guys death, for a good empire ending for Temeria, don't allow Roche + Thaler to be killed from the dialogue box.

Also to trigger a good ending with Ciri becoming a witcher (best ending and closest to that of the book) or empress, follow this guide (anything else you could trigger the bad endings):

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-witcher-3-endings-fates-of-ciri-and-geralt

Anyway fun game, can't wait till the Enhanced Edition comes out.

Also once you beat the story mode, after the final cutscenes and credit rollout, you can still continue playing beating some side quests, doing witcher contracts etc. Unlike the previous Witcher games.

Last edited:
lmao someone delete that post. I stopped at Ciri and two other words

Last edited:
wtf, spoiler tags didn't work. Re-edited.
@solkhulten: SPOILERS MAN! YOU HAD TO QUOTE MY WHOLE POST LOL.

Well, the spoiler will be there until he decides to fix his quote.

So, I'm finally starting the game I'm I'm noticing that the cinematics are very jerky. It literally looks like the videos are hitching.
It's bad enough where they're tough to sit through. Some forums have suggested that changing the FPS to 60 will fix that, but it didn't seem to matter very much on my system.
Any tips?

So, I'm finally starting the game I'm I'm noticing that the cinematics are very jerky. It literally looks like the videos are hitching.
It's bad enough where they're tough to sit through. Some forums have suggested that changing the FPS to 60 will fix that, but it didn't seem to matter very much on my system.
Any tips?

Did you apply all the patches? You need to install patches 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, and 1.04. Also, there is another patch coming out today.

Doesn't GOG Galaxy do it for you?

It's supposed to.

I can honestly say this game overwhelms me in all good ways.

It's going to be hard for me to see how this isn't the GOTY when all is said and done.

In new patch.... oh hell fucking yeah. This was so annoying.

"Geralt will no longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive element"

Did you apply all the patches? You need to install patches 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, and 1.04. Also, there is another patch coming out today.

I'm on Steam, so it automatically sends 'em. I was getting the choppy cutscenes last night, so I suppose I'm up to the latest patch. At least not counting the one due today.
That first FMV cutscene is very jittery. It will look smooth for a few seconds and then appear to drop to 10-15fps or skip a bunch of frames. The actual game and in-game cutscenes look fine. It's just the FMV style ones.

Patch delayed. Not coming today.

9pGyXIy.png

I just got to Velin last night. And started some new quests. Now its getting interesting, things are picking up (story wise).

The first town White Orchard was a bit boring for me. Now that i'm getting better at it (Witcher newb here), its getting funner.

Only at lvl 3 right now, but I still need to get enough coin so that I can go back to White Orchard and get me Temonium Armor set. Should be soon.

I just got to Velin last night. And started some new quests. Now its getting interesting, things are picking up (story wise).

The first town White Orchard was a bit boring for me. Now that i'm getting better at it (Witcher newb here), its getting funner.

Only at lvl 3 right now, but I still need to get enough coin so that I can go back to White Orchard and get me Temonium Armor set. Should be soon.

chris-farley-rage.gif

I kid. But yeah, the game REALLY picks up once you leave the "prologue" area. Hit up the side quests too, as often as you can.

the main quests in Velen really open up the game and get you involved in the story. I am getting more and more into it.

its hard because the game is so non-linear it almost works against itself. when I first got to velen I was level 6 and I had a level 22 contract from the board, I go up above the first town to check out some of the question marks and theres a lvl 12 griffin. Stuff like that makes the game more difficult than it needs to be. But besides that I am loving it.

Sweet, they are finally going to fix the text size.

Source - IGN

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developer CD Projekt Red has talked about some of the fixes coming to the game in the next patch.

Taking to the title's forums, the developers have confirmed more changes are on the way, but numerous bug fixes including those afflicting the Pyres of Novigrad quest and XP glitching will be solved. PS4 frame rate issues are also being addressed.

The full and, currently incomplete, list of announced changes is below.

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

Not yet but I suspect that may be the case with future patches, given that saves seem to be stamped with what game version they are from.

It's seriously unlikely they would push an update that requires a new game. Not in a game that you could potentially loose hundreds of hours of time invested.

What's more likely is that the patch version is displayed because saves can end up incompatible with previous versions. In fact, I've seen a message in-game warning about exactly that (with the day one patch). So, if you ever end up reinstalling the game, your saves will display which version of the game you will have to patch up to in order to load that save.

It's seriously unlikely they would push an update that requires a new game. Not in a game that you could potentially loose hundreds of hours of time invested.

What's more likely is that the patch version is displayed because saves can end up incompatible with previous versions. In fact, I've seen a message in-game warning about exactly that (with the day one patch). So, if you ever end up reinstalling the game, your saves will display which version of the game you will have to patch up to in order to load that save.

Exactly.

Sweet, they are finally going to fix the text size.

Source - IGN

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developer CD Projekt Red has talked about some of the fixes coming to the game in the next patch.

Taking to the title's forums, the developers have confirmed more changes are on the way, but numerous bug fixes including those afflicting the Pyres of Novigrad quest and XP glitching will be solved. PS4 frame rate issues are also being addressed.

The full and, currently incomplete, list of announced changes is below.

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

Pc really needs larger GUI and text as well. Playing 8-12feet away on the couch and I have to keep squinting to see what the hell is going on. I have never had this issue in a game before. In fact it's almost always the opposite and the FOV is too narrow in most AAA titles. I can't believe I am saying this but I need a slider to lower the FOV plz! :cool:

Do you PC players have an option for text size?

PS4 does, and it's either Large(Which is default option) and small (Which is ridiculously small).

As well, it would have been cool to be able to scroll in and out on Geralts view.

Do you PC players have an option for text size?

PS4 does, and it's either Large(Which is default option) and small (Which is ridiculously small).

As well, it would have been cool to be able to scroll in and out on Geralts view.

Not sure if the text can be modded from any of the config files, but there are camera mods floating around that let you put the camera anywhere you want I believe. Kotaku used one to get shots of Garret during the sex scenes that shows he's lacking any "equipment". :p

There's also a way to unlock the in game console to edit things that way, though I don't recall seeing anything about text size.

Looks like my issues with the cutscenes might also be addressed in this patch.
While I haven't had any issues with the font size (in my hour of playing) I think that's a GREAT thing. I always hate when games have text that's too small to read with no way to increase it.
I remember playing the PC version of Dragon Age 1 at a much lower resolution than needed just so I could read.

its hard because the game is so non-linear it almost works against itself. when I first got to velen I was level 6 and I had a level 22 contract from the board, I go up above the first town to check out some of the question marks and theres a lvl 12 griffin. Stuff like that makes the game more difficult than it needs to be. But besides that I am loving it.

no, this is great exactly the way it is. the alternatives are "zones" where everything is a similar level and "level scaling" where monsters level up with you. Here you can take on anything and beat it if you are good enough. If not, then take on the green challenges. With the progression setup you pretty much always have green challenges.

Yeah but my issue with this is that there is so much stuff going on through out the world, it is impossible to stay at the right level when finishing them all.

For example, doing all secondary quests and witcher contracts available before progressing to next main quest/zone will actually make you higher level then the recommended main quest level.

This is my issue.... Not being able to do whatever I want whenever I want with out a repercussion.

The fact that you will always be OP if you stick to this method.... that's why I find scaling actually works. So you can essentially expand/explore/level up however you want, with out the challenge of the game going away.....

Where is the fun at when I'm level 16 and still doing side quests that I can easily finish, when the main story is only at level 12?

And if that's the case, they shouldn't have higher level contracts/side quests available unless you hit a certain point in the main quest log.... it becomes a cluster.

Last edited:
Finished the baron's quest line.... they prove that DA:I and Bioware's choices can just go into shame box. One single decision changes the direction of a game, and there is no good choice. On next playthrough I'll try other option, but so far, I'm impressed with the hard choice the game put in front of me, and its repercussions. Just as in all the books Geralt had to make. Bioware should make notes for ME4, because if they keep what they were doing in DA:I, it will be just laughable shadow of Witcher.

Back