The Official HardCraft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apart from possible server lag, the timing in SMP is different then single player. The delays in the pistons would be all messed up. You could fix it if you played around, but as the lag is variable, it would never be 100%.

Apart from possible server lag, the timing in SMP is different then single player. The delays in the pistons would be all messed up. You could fix it if you played around, but as the lag is variable, it would never be 100%.

What WOULD make this possible, you might ask?

New host is created, in a room, with a 32 port switch, and all users are on this 32 port switch

LOOK MAH, NO LAG!

take out the middle man, no internetz, no lag!

Come on dood, it has to be a 48-port gigabit switch. No wiring less than Cat6 either.

EDIT: Make that several 48-port'ers connected via iSCSI or fiber. We need to make this a 255 player Minecraft LAN party.

This is a good plugin for anti-grief security.

But really a chest locking plugin takes care of most of the problem. You can still have griefers and just restore backups in case of serious issues.

On a related note, I tried to switch the test world over to Bukkit so we could lock our chests but it didn't like the world. Fresh world was fine. Very strange. So I put it back on vanilla server.

I am in the practice of burying my chests. (Pirate lol) :D

Do we need to go through any kind of strange requirements to play on this server? I've been reading about it since you guys first stood it up and my interest has been snowballing since then.

Thanks!

With a 50/50 connection and 12gbs of ram it says you can have 92 players :D That would be great for pitched minecraft battles!

Yeah, I noticed that it scales with RAM more then ISP.

I left mine at my 50/25 and just increased RAM and the numbers or max players increased greatly.

With 6GB I can support 45, with 128... 300+ MC'ers... lol.

According to that website, 2Mb upload, and 8GB of ram (what I run)

I can only let 6 people on so, you'll have to fight to see who gets in and who doesn't :-P

Any ETA on when we can expect the server (1.8) to be up? Just curious, no rush.

Right now we are playing on dudewth's server at dudewth.dyndns.org:25610. He started it with the Hardcraft seed, and it's pretty cool. He has bukkit going, so you'll have to ask him or arr4ws for build rights.

The official Hardcraft server isn't going yet, though.

It also seems like machines that use large numbers of repeaters simultaneously have issues. Our music machine lagged the server quite a lot, almost as much as your water arena :p

It also seems like machines that use large numbers of repeaters simultaneously have issues. Our music machine lagged the server quite a lot, almost as much as your water arena :p

The calculations required to figure out the delay time must not be very well optimized..

Right now we are playing on dudewth's server at dudewth.dyndns.org:25610. He started it with the Hardcraft seed, and it's pretty cool. He has bukkit going, so you'll have to ask him or arr4ws for build rights.

The official Hardcraft server isn't going yet, though.

Does bukkit work with 1.8? I thought there was no recommended build yet. Oh and have we figured out yet who is going to host it? It seems like a lot of stuff is still up in the air.

Does bukkit work with 1.8? I thought there was no recommended build yet. Oh and have we figured out yet who is going to host it? It seems like a lot of stuff is still up in the air.

Bukkit for v 1.8 is not out yet. There's no real word on when it will be either.

Normally the server would be updated shortly after the bukkit RB release. A day or so. At this point though I'm not sure. It's unclear what is happening.

Bukkit works with 1.8 fine, all the important plugins seem to work. But they are still tracking down some rare bugs so they haven't put a recommended build out yet.

EDIT: Also, I've taken down my Vanilla 1.8 server in favor of hanging over on dudewth's Bukkit. Getting precariously close to my bandwidth cap :p

The server is down for an upgrade/installation of dynmap. I'll post when it's back up (might be morning if I go to sleep) but the ip will eventually be the same (dudewth.dyndns.org) and no port will be needed since it will be default.

The server is down for an upgrade/installation of dynmap. I'll post when it's back up (might be morning if I go to sleep) but the ip will eventually be the same (dudewth.dyndns.org) and no port will be needed since it will be default.
Should make the port something common like 465 or 110.

Should make the port something common like 465 or 110.

You don't need to know the port at all!

The server is up but dynmap isn't working just yet. They're troubleshooting and I'll post when it's ready. Again, to connect it's just dudewth.dyndns.org

The server is up but dynmap isn't working just yet. They're troubleshooting and I'll post when it's ready. Again, to connect it's just dudewth.dyndns.org

Coolness. Looking forward to that dynamic map action :p

Advantage of using a common port is that you can bypass firewall blocks at colleges. :rolleyes:

But not my decision, it's just what I did for my own server.

Advantage of using a common port is that you can bypass firewall blocks at colleges. :rolleyes:

But not my decision, it's just what I did for my own server.

The good thing is that no port means the default port, which is easily found by just googling it. It is 25565

good job on the server dude , i will do a shrine and we can move the spawn there.

Why'd you do a circular border dude? :p That's less space per radius.

EDIT: Can't connect to Minecraft login servers! Wheee.

Was wondering if I could get whitelisted and give your server a try? Been playing for over a year and every server I have tried to stay on ends up shutting down. Name is Poore and thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back