The Official HardCraft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatone123

[H]ard|Gawd
title.jpg

This is the official thread for the [H]ardforum Minecraft Community.​

HardCraft Background Story:

Well it all started with a members of [H] named Sulseeker. He was the first server admin our community had. We all played on his server for a period of time till, we started to notice that his server just wasn't keeping up with us. After a while I talked with sulseeker and offered to host it from my home, since I had the faster internet connection at the time. He agreed so we moved all the files over to one of my servers, while he was still admin though.

When the server was moved here, I came up with the name Hardcraft for our DDNS name. Since it symbolized our community the name kinda stuck for a while. During this time Minecraft was going through a lot with the Alpha to Beta transitions and Hey0 stopping developement of the Hmod which we used. With sulseeker basically out of the picture, moved on with life, I wasn't prepared for all of this. Luckily at this time one of our members and one of the most dedicated players stepped up to the plate so save the community.

Hashmang started his own server, Hashland. During Hashland's lifespan it had it's frustrating times, but he was just starting out, so he showed his dedication by not letting anyone down. One of Hashlands greatest creations was Pirate Cove, which I personally would of loved to experience, it showed teamwork and really what being a community was about. If you were able to experience Hashland, feel honored that you got to play with Hashmang and be apart of what he created.

Unfortunately things started to take a turn for the worse. The server had gone down, which not being an abnormal thing, but no word from Hash for quite a while. After a while everyone stated to get really worried, not because of the server's down time, but because no one had heard from Hashmang. Shortly after this, there was rumor that something had happened to Hashmang, but no one truly wanted to believe this. Someone so close, that we all enjoyed playing with, that was always there when you needed help.

Hashmang had passed away, bringing great sadness across the whole community, some completely losing interest in minecraft because of the memories it held. Not wanting to see our community fall, and to keep Hashmang's spirit alive and apart of us all, I read up and decided that we aren't going to go out like this!

Hardcraft was back, and with a purpose, the Hashmang Memorial. What better way to remember his greatness, his leadership, and most of all a true friend. At the beginning things were tough, few corrupted maps and a bad processor that was behind the whole thing. I was finally able to get a stable server running, be it on such a low power platform, but it allowed everyone to get to work. With so many great ideas on how to memorialize him, we couldn't choose just one, so we just started building them all.

Directly west of spawn, you will see many amazing creations from Hashland's loyal community. I don't think I'll tell you what's there, if you really want to see the amazing structures you'll have to see them yourself. On that note, I'll leave you with some words of what I thought of Hashmang.

He was the best admin our community has seen, dedicated and loyal to all his players. When you played on his server, you were not just another player, you were a friend. While many might not have known Hashmang, he will be remembered and missed by all that were lucky enough to have the pleasure. For as long as I possibly can, through whatever means, I will not let Hashmang's memory fade away.

Last edited:
Server Status:

Good new, and bad news.

Good news, community has grown and that's great!

Bad news, we've outgrown what I can offer as far as server/bandwidth. I have no other options as far as internet service, so hopefully as I did, someone will carry on the name and keep the community strong!

Last edited:
A bunch of folks who where previously playing on Hashland (run by the since passed away [H] member ojax) did an exceptional job of creating a Hashmang (ojax) memorial on the Hardcraft server. The memorial build is truly amazing and it made me a sad panda that I just didn't have the time to play MC at all to contribute.

Thanks to Greatone123 for keeping the [H] MC community going!

Subscribed as well. If anyone want to add to the memorial , im the memorial planner! So notify me on the server or pm me!

Subscribed as well.

Could we get a list of members to know who is on the server?

Thanks.

in for 2!!!!!!

oh, wait, wrong thread!

i think "Minecraft" should be in the title, or everyone looking for it wont find it here. hardcraft is quite cryptic :D

Can I get whitelisted? My friend's Minecraft server isn't running anymore so I haven't been able to get my fix D:

Name: ClearIzzy

I support this thread! :)

I'll take a whitelist too if you could Greatone, (Kett) I would like to jump on sometime and peruse what you guys have built.

Np ill add you as soon as I get home... can't find a way to edit whitelist from my phone yet.. I can do ssh and sftp... but it wont save my changes...

Guys. Hash's friends on Facebook...who i cant remember now, wanted to see the memorial. Anyone remember who she was/is?

Ahh. I had book marked her.
*snip* -Oldie

What do you guys want to do?....send her screen picts?...invite her in game to see?....Let me know and I will get in touch with her...unless someone else wants to.

let me finish the cathedral first.

we can invite her in game if she wants , i will pay for the account or whatever. I can get in touch with her when ill be back from vegas next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
we can invite her in game if she wants , i will pay for the account or whatever. I can get in touch with her when ill be back from vegas next week.
I agree, if she's up for it then inviting her in game would give her a much better idea of what has been done. I'll gladly chip in for her account.

Sounds like fun. I would love to get whitelisted and play around on a server instead of by myself.

Name: Erasmus354

who made the bridges behind hash? I love it!

We need to start to work on roads quick!

I was re-planting the flowers around the Hash statue last night and noticed that the water fountains in front of it could be evened out. I hope whoever made them doesn't mind that I tweaked them!

Also, are those uses for bonemeal from a plugin? Or default behavior? The only use I was aware of was using bonemeal on a sapling to grow a tree instantly...

I just bought this game and am having a blast so far!

I would love to get whitelisted too if possible. Username ss256

Thanks!

other sides have Greatone123 home , will we destroy the mountain?

Yea, to the left of the bridge mostly. I think Invert (I forget who :( ) wanted to build a Taj Mahal kind of thing in the space between the new bridge and the dirt bridge by the rollercoaster. I asked greatone and he said the mountain has a treehouse on top but other than that it should be free.

Send an album of pics from multiple angles of the memorial and an invitation to see it in the Minecraft client.

Yea, to the left of the bridge mostly. I think Invert (I forget who :( ) wanted to build a Taj Mahal kind of thing in the space between the new bridge and the dirt bridge by the rollercoaster. I asked greatone and he said the mountain has a treehouse on top but other than that it should be free.

yeah invert want to build a taj mahal

lets make some tnt and blow the mountain down!

yeah invert want to build a taj mahal

lets make some tnt and blow the mountain down!

sure. I was thinking of making a sign that says "HASHMANG" kind of like the hollywood sign. Maybe we can use a different mountain. The Taj Mahal should take precedence.

Toasting in an epic bread

Making up an epic bed

Riding in an epic sled

Constructing an epic shed

Posting in an epic thread

You guys get the point.

And that's what SHE said!

Toasting in an epic bread

Making up an epic bed

Riding in an epic sled

Constructing an epic shed

Posting in an epic thread

You guys get the point.

And that's what SHE said!

Barkeeper, I take what he had, please!

Anyone know anything about linux? I need to create an account that can access only a specific folder with a sftp client like winscp

To all those that request acces I only have the ability to add people between 6am - 2pm CST.

This os also why I need the help with linux... will promote someone reliable to head of personel... so thy can add people during my off hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back