• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Calling it now, 6 months until F2P.


24787266.jpg
 
Just bought L4D2 for my new build on Steam to keep me busy until GW2 comes out :( It was $20 and i like zombie games, so w/e. Now to wait an hour for it to finish downloading.........
 
... GW2 is already free to play.

we need some new terminology, it's getting complicated

guild wars is not free to play, because you have to buy it.
There are no monthly fee's but there is a $60 difference between F2P and no monthly fee's
 
we need some new terminology, it's getting complicated

guild wars is not free to play, because you have to buy it.
There are no monthly fee's but there is a $60 difference between F2P and no monthly fee's

B2P Then? (Buy to play). That's something I've seen floating around.
 
we need some new terminology, it's getting complicated

guild wars is not free to play, because you have to buy it.
There are no monthly fee's but there is a $60 difference between F2P and no monthly fee's

B2P Then? (Buy to play). That's something I've seen floating around.

Just call it a subscription-less MMO.

thats not cool enough bruh
Uh.. initial investment then you play when you want.

Kinda sounds like a "Game" to me?
 
Uh.. initial investment then you play when you want.

Kinda sounds like a "Game" to me?

Except "Game" could mean:

-Initial purchase only
-Initial purchase + subscription fee
-Initial purchase + microtransactions
-Initial purchase + subscription fee + microtransactions
-F2P
-F2P + microtransactions
-No initial purchase + subscription fee
-No initial purchase + microstransactions
-No initial purchase + subscription fee + microtransactions

:p
 
Uh.. initial investment then you play when you want.

Kinda sounds like a "Game" to me?

Yeah, me too LOL

Except "Game" could mean:

-Initial purchase only
-Initial purchase + subscription fee
-Initial purchase + microtransactions
-Initial purchase + subscription fee + microtransactions
-F2P
-F2P + microtransactions
-No initial purchase + subscription fee
-No initial purchase + microstransactions
-No initial purchase + subscription fee + microtransactions

:p

You forgot P2W :eek:



EDIT:

When are the next stress tests???? I need at least one play before early-release :( Will my pre-purchased game account automatically have access to stress test?

EDIT: Corrected for pre-purchased, not pre-ordered :p
 
Last edited:
You need to pre-purchase to have access to the stress tests. This has been the same for every test. They likely won't change this 1 week from release. They more than likely are done with stress tests.

I know that people like to pre-order, try the game, and cancel before they commit the 60$ - but this is a very safe investment if you've played any manner of MMOs in the past.

Btw in this case:

Pre-order = just a commitment to buy, likely with a small deposit.
Pre-purchase = full commitment with full amount of game paid off.
 
Gamefly has digital downloads for guild wars 2 at 20% OFF


the coupon is

1GFT82012


makes it 47.99$


:) what a steal
 
You need to pre-purchase to have access to the stress tests. This has been the same for every test. They likely won't change this 1 week from release. They more than likely are done with stress tests.

I know that people like to pre-order, try the game, and cancel before they commit the 60$ - but this is a very safe investment if you've played any manner of MMOs in the past.

Btw in this case:

Pre-order = just a commitment to buy, likely with a small deposit.
Pre-purchase = full commitment with full amount of game paid off.

Thats what i have, pre-purchased from their website. My bad. :)

Gamefly has digital downloads for guild wars 2 at 20% OFF


the coupon is

1GFT82012


makes it 47.99$


:) what a steal

Nice! Unfortunately, i already pre-purchased the Deluxe edition from their website. :/




So, any stress tests coming up soon? Id love to finally be able to do one with my new build :(
 
So, any stress tests coming up soon? Id love to finally be able to do one with my new build :(

i have been checking pretty consistently for stress test announcements i would like to see one more to see how optimized it has gotten. I havent seen anything since the last one on the 15th.. keep your eyes peeled
 
So in people's opinions if I am a non-PVPer that mostly likes to solo, and do some group PVE content should I buy GW2? I will do NO PVP as I do not like it,
 
So in people's opinions if I am a non-PVPer that mostly likes to solo, and do some group PVE content should I buy GW2? I will do NO PVP as I do not like it,

PVE content seems to be pretty casual.. there are lots of difficult dungeons but no raids
 
You need to pre-purchase to have access to the stress tests. This has been the same for every test. They likely won't change this 1 week from release. They more than likely are done with stress tests.

[edit]

Pre-order = just a commitment to buy, likely with a small deposit.
Pre-purchase = full commitment with full amount of game paid off.

Amazon has been handing out keys that I believe gave you access to beta events, stress tests and the upcoming head start for pre-orders. Those pre-orders are without any deposit and can be canceled before shipment. Either Amazon is doing this even though it's against Arenanet policy - unlikely - or it's a big enough retailer that couldn't or wouldn't take pre-purchases since they run afoul of Amazon's policy not to charge for an order before it ships that Arenanet made an exception and allowed Amazon to give out keys for pre-orders.

I think there's a small chance for a very short stress test to fine tune things before release so one might pre-order it on Amazon and get the beta key. If no stress test happens before release, cancel the pre-order. No harm, no foul.
 
Amazon has been handing out keys that I believe gave you access to beta events, stress tests and the upcoming head start for pre-orders. Those pre-orders are without any deposit and can be canceled before shipment. Either Amazon is doing this even though it's against Arenanet policy - unlikely - or it's a big enough retailer that couldn't or wouldn't take pre-purchases since they run afoul of Amazon's policy not to charge for an order before it ships that Arenanet made an exception and allowed Amazon to give out keys for pre-orders.

I think there's a small chance for a very short stress test to fine tune things before release so one might pre-order it on Amazon and get the beta key. If no stress test happens before release, cancel the pre-order. No harm, no foul.

Buying it on Amazon is a pre-purchase and not a pre-order. Once you buy it, they charge you the full amount and there is way for a refund.
 
Buying it on Amazon is a pre-purchase and not a pre-order. Once you buy it, they charge you the full amount and there is way for a refund.

Not for their preorder versions. Pre-purchase is only offered on the digital copies sold through the Amazon store. The physical copies are preorders.
 
As far as Amazon goes, if you choose the physical copy, it is a pre-order. If you choose the digital version it is a pre-purchase. At least that's how it was last I looked. Personally, I ordered the physical copy months ago from them, and I haven't been charged yet. I have also been playing the beta events and stress tests.
 
So I am curious who is planning to bot/cheat/exploit this game? Do you think it will be as bad as D3 turned out to be in that respect? I know several major sites are already ready for with an API so just curious on the general public thoughts. GW1 in retrospect actually had very little cheating for many years but now a days its an all out hack fest. I am wondering if the big crowd GW2 brings will bring all the bad faster than the original?
 
PVE content seems to be pretty casual.. there are lots of difficult dungeons but no raids

Well, no wow-style raids at least.

I think the rediculously large dynamic events with dozens(hundreds?) of people and dragons look cooler anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0nCHPl_mEU

Keep in mind this is from a year ago, but it was what first got me excited about the game. It's also level 58 and one of the smaller dragons.
 
So I am curious who is planning to bot/cheat/exploit this game? Do you think it will be as bad as D3 turned out to be in that respect? I know several major sites are already ready for with an API so just curious on the general public thoughts. GW1 in retrospect actually had very little cheating for many years but now a days its an all out hack fest. I am wondering if the big crowd GW2 brings will bring all the bad faster than the original?

From what I've seen in GW1, anet's approach to things like duping, seems to be to track all trades, and check for statistical out-liers at the "high-end" of the market. If they catch you, you're gone. I'd guess they'll be performing the same tracking of GW2 in game mail.

As for botting, I'm sure it'll happen. But there's not much point, except possibly for black market gold farmers. XP is easy, the first level 80s will happen within 2-3 days of pre-launch. And the time required to get the best or best looking items, will probably not be all that grindy either.

I plan to make my fortune, the same way I have in every other MMO I've played, buy low, sell high.
 
There's been a patch to the client today. 8/17. There *may* be another stress maybe early next week or maybe this weekend.

Here's hoping. :D
 
So I am curious who is planning to bot/cheat/exploit this game? Do you think it will be as bad as D3 turned out to be in that respect? I know several major sites are already ready for with an API so just curious on the general public thoughts. GW1 in retrospect actually had very little cheating for many years but now a days its an all out hack fest. I am wondering if the big crowd GW2 brings will bring all the bad faster than the original?

Duh. Who would actually play a video game.... :confused:

Jk
 
Down to one week left, ladies & gentlemen.

I never played the first one, but after reading up on the game a bit and watching some gameplay videos I pre-purchased and have to say I'm excited as well. Hopefully it's as fun to play as it looks.

I'm hoping it generates a bit of that first-time-logging-into-WoW massive living world feeling that I got the first time I explored Azeroth back in the day.
 
I never played the first one, but after reading up on the game a bit and watching some gameplay videos I pre-purchased and have to say I'm excited as well. Hopefully it's as fun to play as it looks.

I'm hoping it generates a bit of that first-time-logging-into-WoW massive living world feeling that I got the first time I explored Azeroth back in the day.

Its really is similar to the vanilla WOW. I played the beta and it didn't generate enough interest for me to go out and shell $50 for this game. Its the same formula of grind to level up.
 
I had a much more positive impression than swatX. Had some of those olde timey feelings of wonderment like the first times exploring in EQ and DAoC. Even with the fast travel systems it feels like a “world” instead of a bunch of zones.

It doesn’t reinvent the wheel, but it’s well thought out and executed. Lots to do, I’m really looking forward to it. Just can’t decide on what my first character is going to be...elementalist and mesmer are top contenders but have had fun with all that I’ve played.
 
Its really is similar to the vanilla WOW. I played the beta and it didn't generate enough interest for me to go out and shell $50 for this game. Its the same formula of grind to level up.
It's definitely well hidden though. While running around exploring content and doing chain dynamic events, I don't even feel the grind. It's so much better than the ol' "Kill 10 Bats". Sure some of the Hearts are like this, but they're just Hearts--a small part of the game, and really only there so you know where to go next. The real content lies in the dynamic events, dungeons, sPvP, and WvW, and those don't feel grindy at all to me.
 
The real content lies in the dynamic events, dungeons, sPvP, and WvW, and those don't feel grindy at all to me.


This. You might feel grindy if you are focusing on hearts or leveling. However, if you just play the game, it isn't very grindy at all. I played for quite a while while completely ignoring the personal story. The game lets you do that. This is one of those games that can be, to an extent, whatever you want it to be.
 
Back
Top