• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

GW2 doesnt even have official RP servers, so that argument should be pretty much useless in this game.

its still an RPG, its in the name MMORPG ( ROLE PLAYING GAME) :). some people like immersion in video games is all hes saying and silly names ruin it for him.
 
its still an RPG, its in the name MMORPG ( ROLE PLAYING GAME) :). some people like immersion in video games is all hes saying and silly names ruin it for him.

Exactly. During the last stress test, I was checking out the Norn starting area, enjoying it all, until someone named "Harry Balls" came over and started jumping next to me. I was like... wow... really?:rolleyes:
 
Exactly. During the last stress test, I was checking out the Norn starting area, enjoying it all, until someone named "Harry Balls" came over and started jumping next to me. I was like... wow... really?:rolleyes:

but what about Mike Hawk? :rolleyes: I assume you can choose an interface option to remove character tags over players heads as is available in any other MMO. If silly names ruin immersion, floating nametags likely do too
 
its still an RPG, its in the name MMORPG ( ROLE PLAYING GAME) :). some people like immersion in video games is all hes saying and silly names ruin it for him.

Should probably focus on the game and not peoples names then. ;) People will find anything to bitch about, I swear.
 
Exactly. During the last stress test, I was checking out the Norn starting area, enjoying it all, until someone named "Harry Balls" came over and started jumping next to me. I was like... wow... really?:rolleyes:

lmfao harry balls that is awesome.

Lovestospooge

who doesnt

Should probably focus on the game and not peoples names then. ;) People will find anything to bitch about, I swear.

I love you
 
seriously? :confused:

hes trolling cause we called him the coldest blanket at the warmest pajama party

or is it wet blanket?

he is the wettest blanket at the dryest camping trip


I'll just leave the analogies to @BiH115
 
I hate it when people are smart asses with their toon names. It breaks game immersion. Don't give me shit about going to an RPG server, either. It's just not necessary.

know what else breaks game immersion? sites with "build calculators" or skill discussion. or teamspeak or ventrilo or any other voice chat software. I honestly don't believe you are serious.
 
Should probably focus on the game and not peoples names then. ;) People will find anything to bitch about, I swear.

Can you give me one good reason as to why naming your character something obviously trollish is reasonable?
 
Yes, how dare people have different ethics than you.

LOL....ethics in fantasy MMOs....

Fantasy MMOs typically have the following: violence, strong language, partial if not out right nudity (from harpies to topless human characters in AoC), etc... It's why people play them.

But there are mechanics for your different ethics. The first and easiest route, is not buying supporting game companies that make games like this. The second, if you insist on playing a questionable ethical game, is to set profanity filters on high. Next you can turn off nameplates. Then you can also use the ignore feature in chat.

I think there may be a few things I missed, but really your only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess? :p
 
Can you give me one good reason as to why naming your character something obviously trollish is reasonable?

Because some people enjoy it. It is a fantasy game, who cares if the name is obviously a troll name.
 
Can you give me one good reason as to why naming your character something obviously trollish is reasonable?

1.) It's a game
2.) Who cares
3.) Funny because ___; where ___ = drunk, high, relaxing while playing game, 'insert other useless state of mind', etc.
4.) Who cares?

Etc.
 
Exactly. During the last stress test, I was checking out the Norn starting area, enjoying it all, until someone named "Harry Balls" came over and started jumping next to me. I was like... wow... really?:rolleyes:

I saw a "Schweddy Balls" in BWE3 run by me. Luckily I was not drinking anything at the time, would have been cleaning up a desk/monitor if I had.
 
Looks like the game is no longer CPU bound. The performance i'm getting is pretty damn good. Playing on a 27" imac at 2560x1440 with everything maxed and it's buttery smooth. Running around divinity's reach and my FPS is in the 50's. Much better than the last beta weekend.
 
They don't want to launch during prime time when the highest number of players may be around to hit the server. If they launch as 9PM EST / 6PM PST, they run the risk of having the login server get accidentally DDOSed from people trying to connect.

ok that I can understand ddos and server crashes are bad, but again i don't mind midnight launches in EST, so it would be 9PST not 6PST. on the other hand, they know exactly how many people pre-purchased and registered and should have their servers up and running for the amount of players they know they have. now that it might be launching as early as 12EST its a moot point, but i'm glad you brought it up, i hadn't thought about that thank you. now i'll be right there with the rest of you spamming the log-in button, this time though hoping i don't crash the server :)

Lol. Be happy that this is working out for us this one time.

oh i am, i didn't mean to sound overly negative, just an exaggerated "how can the universe do this to me again" kind of grumpiness. really looking forward to the game.

As great as the game has been during beta, i think my favorite thing about it is the purchase model they are using, just buy the game and play it. i really hope other developers go back to this model when they see how well GW2 did. monthly fee rpgs need to go away
 
Can you give me one good reason as to why naming your character something obviously trollish is reasonable?

Trolly names frustrate people; if you want to be memorable in PvP, make sure the people who you kill remember your name...
 
I actually get a kick out of people name, some are so original and funny. I'd be sad if they'd stop people from being different.
 
Thankfully, The Secret World kept me from buying this. :p MoP never even entered the equation for more than a few seconds... :D.

The secret world? lol.

I used to play WoW back in Vanilla and Burning Crusade. I stopped due to it taking FOREVER to level and getting from point A to point B. I just got back into WoW last month and holy crap has a lot changed. I love getting mounts at level 20 now and the fast travel gryphon stops are all on your map instead of having to discover each one. I also love how the dungeons are hell of a lot easier to get into as well. This is the most I've played any game I think in my entire life and I'm mostly a light/moderate gamer. I'm enjoying it, but I'm hoping guild wars 2 pulls me from WoW due the free subscription and better graphics.
 
The secret world? lol.

I used to play WoW back in Vanilla and Burning Crusade. I stopped due to it taking FOREVER to level and getting from point A to point B. I just got back into WoW last month and holy crap has a lot changed. I love getting mounts at level 20 now and the fast travel gryphon stops are all on your map instead of having to discover each one. I also love how the dungeons are hell of a lot easier to get into as well. This is the most I've played any game I think in my entire life and I'm mostly a light/moderate gamer. I'm enjoying it, but I'm hoping guild wars 2 pulls me from WoW due the free subscription and better graphics.

not to mention superior gameplay.

eliminating roles is so brilliant dude. no tanks, no healers, no dps. no more relying on horribly untalented game players. no more people standing in archimonde fires......... -_____-----
 
not to mention superior gameplay.

eliminating roles is so brilliant dude. no tanks, no healers, no dps. no more relying on horribly untalented game players. no more people standing in archimonde fires......... -_____-----

Haha, that too. I'm just hoping it lives up to the hype and it pulls me in like WoW does. Every single new MMO that comes out is supposed to be better than WoW, then it ends up being crap.

Star Wars was fun for a month, then I got completely over it.
 
not to mention superior gameplay.

eliminating roles is so brilliant dude. no tanks, no healers, no dps. no more relying on horribly untalented game players. no more people standing in archimonde fires......... -_____-----

I'm gonna have to uhh...go ahead and sort of disagree with you there *coffee sip*. I liked classic roles. I liked when people made mistakes *was a healer and a tank at times*, made learning fun I thought.

I also liked the old way we had to travel, finding all the gryphon points, taking forever to level, spamming chat for hours on end to find a group and then clearing a dungeon with them. It was just plain good. I'm more in the minority these days I suppose.
 
Haha, that too. I'm just hoping it lives up to the hype and it pulls me in like WoW does. Every single new MMO that comes out is supposed to be better than WoW, then it ends up being crap.

Star Wars was fun for a month, then I got completely over it.

yeah it was a cool distraction for the single player. unfortunately i was playing with chumps that made me quit as well as the end game being pretty poor.. but before they got rid of champion bags i got like 12 pieces out of like 15 bags rofl it was hilarious.


but yeah honestly GW2 looks extremely promising considering its balance between innovation and familiarity
 
I'm gonna have to uhh...go ahead and sort of disagree with you there *coffee sip*. I liked classic roles. I liked when people made mistakes *was a healer and a tank at times*, made learning fun I thought.

I also liked the old way we had to travel, finding all the gryphon points, taking forever to level, spamming chat for hours on end to find a group and then clearing a dungeon with them. It was just plain good. I'm more in the minority these days I suppose.

it was cool to have somebody to blame NO DOUBBBT.


honestly I am just excited to see a change in that regard.. I am excited to see how people react to having a boss attack them.. no more ranged dps in the back of the room the entire fight
 
it was cool to have somebody to blame NO DOUBBBT.


honestly I am just excited to see a change in that regard.. I am excited to see how people react to having a boss attack them.. no more ranged dps in the back of the room the entire fight

The bosses should go around DDoS'ing everyone. I'd pay for that.
 
WoW was the first hit of a new drug to most people. Like future hits never give the same euphoria as the as first, no game will give that that same feeling as WoW did.
 
WoW was the first hit of a new drug to most people. Like future hits never give the same euphoria as the as first, no game will give that that same feeling as WoW did.

part of it is community too i think. i played with some cool people. now i know like 3-5 people who will play and it never feels like it did
 
part of it is community too i think. i played with some cool people. now i know like 3-5 people who will play and it never feels like it did

Yeah, agreed. Back in TBC it felt like EVERYONE and their mother played, which made it just plain epic. 50-60 people in the guild on at all times, doing shit, contributing. That real "homely" feel of the community actually caring. I mean, there is still some of that now, but it's just not as convincing really, as it was back then. If you find yourself a good group of people, it can be enjoyable though. Had some close friends I formed a guild with in Cataclysm, and we did 10 man heroic mode dungeons, was a lot of fun. We'll be doing that again in MoP. Keeps it fresh.
 
Yeah, agreed. Back in TBC it felt like EVERYONE and their mother played, which made it just plain epic. 50-60 people in the guild on at all times, doing shit, contributing. That real "homely" feel of the community actually caring. I mean, there is still some of that now, but it's just not as convincing really, as it was back then. If you find yourself a good group of people, it can be enjoyable though. Had some close friends I formed a guild with in Cataclysm, and we did 10 man heroic mode dungeons, was a lot of fun. We'll be doing that again in MoP. Keeps it fresh.

What server you on?
 
I also liked the old way we had to travel, finding all the gryphon points, taking forever to level, spamming chat for hours on end to find a group and then clearing a dungeon with them. It was just plain good. I'm more in the minority these days I suppose.

We can agree on something, it appears.
 
Back
Top