Mungojerrie
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 19, 2011
- Messages
- 1,940
We have another stress test tomm at 12 until 4pst. I'm looking for it to be the last one until release. If you just prepurchased then download it and hop on in!
ugh at work
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
We have another stress test tomm at 12 until 4pst. I'm looking for it to be the last one until release. If you just prepurchased then download it and hop on in!
Also remember that server transfers will be free for the first month or so. So if you pick the wrong server it isn't a big deal right now.
We have another stress test tomm at 12 until 4pst. I'm looking for it to be the last one until release. If you just prepurchased then download it and hop on in!
We have another stress test tomm at 12 until 4pst. I'm looking for it to be the last one until release. If you just prepurchased then download it and hop on in!
Note to people that want to play on the 25th. You have to actually PRE-PURCHASE the game, not just PRE-ORDER. It's an important distinction.
I know it's in this thread somewhere, but there are just too many pages, to those who have actually played the beta:
Is GW2 worth getting for just the PvE content, or is it ultimately all about PvP?
There is a wealth of PvE content, but no "hardcore" raids. Much of the PvE endgame is about dynamic content events. I would say yes to it being a PvE game but the lack of "end game raids" ala WoW or EQ may turn many off from its PvE.
adding to this is a robust crafting system, auction house, instances that have 4 'difficulty modes', scaling down your lvl so you can go back to low lvl zones and have fun with new players/friends who start the game months from now, mini- games, armor/weapon skins to get, underwater combat/exploration
so basically, yes, there's plenty of 'pve' content
I know it's in this thread somewhere, but there are just too many pages, to those who have actually played the beta:
Is GW2 worth getting for just the PvE content, or is it ultimately all about PvP?
There are some mildy entertaining quests for leveling that show off the city. But as far as end game, no, its a PvP game. If you don't love that aspect you're getting the wrong game.
Right on all accounts, but what "4 difficulty modes" are you referring to?
I only know of two modes in-game: story mode that stays consistent with your level so difficulty is balanced, and explorable mode that's more difficult.
I know it's in this thread somewhere, but there are just too many pages, to those who have actually played the beta:
Is GW2 worth getting for just the PvE content, or is it ultimately all about PvP?
Considering it's the same price as a normal single player game and there are no monthly fees I don't see how it could not be 'worth' getting even if you just did the personal story and dynamic events.
Considering it's the same price as a normal single player game and there are no monthly fees I don't see how it could not be 'worth' getting even if you just did the personal story and dynamic events.
Yeah I read a a bit more about how the "leveling" works and what players can do along the way and it definitely sounds interesting. Not sure where exactly I read it but the guy basically said that there no longer is a "rush to the level cap" vs "grind gear at the level cap" divide. The game is entertaining from the first level on and there simply is no need to rush to the cap because pretty much everything that is at the cap is also available at lower levels. Looking forward to it.
"The explorable dungeon story is told with fewer cutscenes and little exposition, and it is no longer directly related to Destiny's Edge. The player is presented with different play-through options, of which there are usually three to choose from. "
so each 'option' is the same in difficulty...i guess we can say that...i thought some were more difficult than others...i was wrong..thanks for the clarification
I'll go out on a limb and say that this will be the biggest value in gaming since the orange box regarding content.
Stress test is working now. Just a personal pet peeve but I wish they'd bring back the round map, not a fan of the appearance of the square one. Ah well, at this point, I'm guessing the square is here to stay. Also, it's annoying that the fps counter is embedded in the options menu and can only be viewed with the menu open. I liked it as in Guild Wars where it was in a tiny bubble in the corner of the screen that could be viewed at all times. Much easier to see how on-screen action could be impacting frame rate with the bubble than with the option menu open and covering up a quarter of the screen.
I'll go out on a limb and say that this will be the biggest value in gaming since the orange box regarding content.
WvW?I am still bothered by the fact that they went against the norm and opted against a mainstream mmo feature and added nothing to replace it. Then I read comments like this and just don't get it. Gw2 has less content to keep you busy than typical mmos do.
I'm not saying the lack of raiding is a bad thing, I'm saying raiding is missing and they added nothing to replace it so going on about gw2 and its about of content is ridiculous. It's not a contender for the most content for your dollar is damn near the lowest for your dollar these days.
This statement is a bit confusing considering that just about every established mmo older than a couple years will offer more content for your dollar.
Am I the only one who is having a tough time choosing a class for release? I've been playing a lot of guardian but I don't know if that's my cup of tea...
WvW?
Yeah but they all make you pay $15 a month (or perfect world lifetime is like $200 or something). GW2 is a flat, one time fee of $60. For potentially years and years of content.
I mean, your average WoW player has at least $500 into the game by now...
I am still bothered by the fact that they went against the norm and opted against a mainstream mmo feature and added nothing to replace it.
So battlegrounds but bigger? Making something that already exists on a larger scale is not the same as more content. It is in fact less in this case as some games offer more PVP options.
Actually this statement is confusing. They have a lot of things added that replace raiding. There is high level gear that can only be obtained by doing different instances/farming/dynamic events around the whole world. You also gain skill points after level 80 that are used in these crazy hard recipes to make the gear. They have at least one zone that will have very large scale dynamic events that could take hours/days to complete and will take a massive effort of people to complete them. You can also go back and play any part of the game at any time without one shotting everything.
But it has structured PvP and WvW (if you are unaware, this is three servers in one map). Seems like more content than the traditional battlegrounds other games have.
You are missing my point. They removed raiding and added nothing vs the competition. This game literally has nothing that other games dont besides WvWvW which is frankly just a big ass battleground.
Every "new" "innovative" feature is merely a spin on old shit thats been done before.
Content = shit to do. You can do structured or WvW, thats 2 things. Compared to the rest thats less than many out there. How do you think its more? The game with the "traditional" battlegrounds you mentioned also have 2v2 3v3 5v5 arenas, contested zones etc.
When you want to PVP in GW2 its WvW (when its going) or structured and thats it, compare those options to other games.
Content = shit to do. You can do structured or WvW, thats 2 things. Compared to the rest thats less than many out there. How do you think its more? The game with the "traditional" battlegrounds you mentioned also have 2v2 3v3 5v5 arenas, contested zones etc.
When you want to PVP in GW2 its WvW (when its going) or structured and thats it, compare those options to other games.