The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

Where do I find mods that allow for more drops in single player? I stopped playing because the best items I got were white. I don't normally cheat in single player games but this is ridiculous.

The oranges you can buy from the vendors are torgue only and also level 48 and also not new

Honestly, do not remember what levels those oranges were but those were much more powerful guns then non oranges level 50 I use. Unfortunatelly I managed to collect 350 coins only during DLC2 that is way lower 650 required to buy 1 orange.

One thing I noticed that towards the end of DLC 2 I run out of money down from 2 million accumulated at DLC1 to 2 thousands dollars. I literally had no money to buy ammunition. Did they patch the problem that people had to much money?

Also , what the point to collect eridium anymore? It is not even showing hom much I have anymore and I cannot use it anywhere.

Eridium is still used to open way to the Raid Bosses so if you want to farm those guys you need the Eridium.

Also there are certain missions in DLC2 that are repeatable which gain you 20 tokens each play through so you can farm for tokens enough to buy the oranges from the machine.

Last edited:
Is Borderlands 1 worth buying? The game + DLC is cheap on Steam right now.

The first one has better loot drops for one, plus you get to play Roland, Mordeci, Lilith and Brick as your character choices. It's just more Pandora goodness, well worth getting! :D

Is Borderlands 1 worth buying? The game + DLC is cheap on Steam right now.

Oh yeah it is. In my view the first game is way better than the second one. In the first one chests are worth searching out and opening. It's also good to check the vending machines as they have good items. And in all the times I played borderlands 1 it never felt like a grind.

Tina needs her own DLC. If there is one character that so gratefully deserve that or some kind of awesome spin off game, it is her.

The orange weapon drops are a pain in the ass. I finally go the Bee and the Critical Conference Call by having a friend trade me for them. My attempts at farming them ended with hours of wasted time. Well not wasted, since the act of farming Hellquist and the Warrior for several hours did help get me to the level cap, and a few other decent purple gear drops.

Where do I find mods that allow for more drops in single player? I stopped playing because the best items I got were white. I don't normally cheat in single player games but this is ridiculous.

Cheat engine. I'm the exact same, I never cheat, but fuck this games drop rates. Absolutely ridiculous.

And like someone else said, I got half way through DLC 1 and called it good. Farming and drops are a joke, and the level cap kills any reason to fight anything. What's the point?

I loved the main campaign and storyline, but gearbox has no fucking clue how to implement an end game.

the best thing to do is get a gold key, do the key trick (if it still works) and farm the chest.

I enjoy the main campaign enough to buy the season pass. Now I think it's a bad decision, as both DLCs don't live up to the standard.

For the writing-
So the big deal in DLC1 is the pirate queen (she's even in the trailer), and then? It ends with big question mark "so what about the pirate queen?" Come on, there isn't even a cliff hanger! There is no conclusion, there isn't even a journey. We went from oasis to the treasure room and then we feel nothing! WTF happen to the story department? Another NPC with big screen time, Shade? He is just a mess, props GBX for successfully impressed us that he is a total retard, end of story... WTF?

Then in DLC2 we're guided by a swear bomb who is... at least better than Shade, thank god! We went thru 3 zones killing dudes here and there and it ends with a cheap ass boss inviting you to glitch behind a wall, otherwise hes unkillable unless youre swimming in orange items, I sure as hell am not. Oh then some whites and greens spraying on ground and credits rolled. Where's the feeling of badassness? WTH is wrong with the designer? I facerolled warrior and even that feels more epic. You feel the environment, you're guided by the story, and it gives you the mood to do something epic. In DLC2? There's nothing. You worn us out by killing random dudes as an introduction, lead us to a cheap ass boss in an empty dome of NOTHING-NESS. There is no art and there's no mood there's only the constant chatter of swears. WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO FEEL?

Given that these are DLC, I don't expect something... epic, but what the DLC offered are just pathetic. Both DLC's feel lackluster, especially in terms of drops. WHERE IS MY LOOOOOOOOOOOOT? I didnt get even ONE ORANGE item from both dlcs. That just plain out sucks in a loot based game. Yeah loooot explosion was nothing but a buncha white and green items, what a let down.

/end rant

Interesting rant about the story. And yes in my opinion raid bosses are pretty terribly designed in BL2. I have not yet played DLC2, waiting for the level cap to be raised.

The lead story writer of BL2 , Anthony Burch, never wrote a game story before, but he did write gaming articles for Destructoid and runs this site: heyash.com

Maybe that explains a bit of the lackluster attitude and magnificent holes they present us with.

Anyone know if they raised the level cap yet? I have BL2, but am waiting to buy the season pack until they up the cap.

Since they didn't raise the level cap in these two DLCs, I highly doubt they will in the next two. They would have done it by now if they were going to. That being said, I couldn't care much less.

Speaking in generalities, I felt DLC1 was good, not great - DLC2 was better. I'm just a big fan of Mr. Torgue himself. I thought it'd get old hearing him talk. But it hasn't. yet. lol

I'm at a point where I want to go after raid bosses now as I feel I have a decent array of gear. Probably not the BEST, but pretty good. I have some oranges and mostly purples. Who's up for it? :p

anyone else having issues in DLC 2 where you finish a mission and don't turn it in right away, you quit the game and come back later and it says you failed it?

seems to be happening on most optional missions.

anyone else having issues in DLC 2 where you finish a mission and don't turn it in right away, you quit the game and come back later and it says you failed it?

seems to be happening on most optional missions.

That should only happen on timed missions or where you must keep someone / something alive like the skag mission. If you do not turn mission in then it doesn't register as complete and if you quit it either resets or fails requiring you to do over (IIRC)

I'm on my second play through - currently in the mid 40's. I have beaten the first DLC as well. I am really disappointed with the weapon drops. I haven't seen an orange in ages and the few purples I have seen seem like they are meant for lower level players. The enemies are amped up as I am having to use a shit load of ammo to take them out. Hell, one character took out my shields and health by himself before I finally threw out my auto turrets, and he was just one of the normal baddies. Those auto turrets are the only thing keeping me alive.

The game almost feels broken as underpowered as the weapons are and with no decent drops happening.

I'll wait to buy the DLC2 until after my second play through. If I hit the cap, I may not buy it at all.

I'm on my second play through - currently in the mid 40's. I have beaten the first DLC as well. I am really disappointed with the weapon drops. I haven't seen an orange in ages and the few purples I have seen seem like they are meant for lower level players. The enemies are amped up as I am having to use a shit load of ammo to take them out. Hell, one character took out my shields and health by himself before I finally threw out my auto turrets, and he was just one of the normal baddies. Those auto turrets are the only thing keeping me alive.

The game almost feels broken as underpowered as the weapons are and with no decent drops happening.

I'll wait to buy the DLC2 until after my second play through. If I hit the cap, I may not buy it at all.

I didn't feel this way. Just do all side missions man and try do some boss riding several times if you feel underleveled.

That should only happen on timed missions or where you must keep someone / something alive like the skag mission. If you do not turn mission in then it doesn't register as complete and if you quit it either resets or fails requiring you to do over (IIRC)

it has been happening to me on missions that aren't timed or don't require things to be alive or anything. I never had this happen anywhere else in the game either.

Not worth it to me to farm Hyperius or any of the other RAID Bosses since the Seraph weapons / items are pretty much worthless to use. I had a good Seraph Relic but since the gimp patch it got vendored. Kept the Seraph shield a friend gave to me since it is actually useful.

Except for venturing into DLC2 I've been pretty much farming DLC1 Treasure Room or going down the list of achievements to get BadAss points. For farming the Treasure Room I've been keeping track of Legendary drops since last Thursday, November 23. As of last night I had completed 240 runs and found 39 Legendaries. Pretty good, all things considering. :)

Below is the weekend’s first set of SHiFT codes for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2!

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: 5TW3B-HFH6W-W6BJB-TTJJB-BX3RS
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: K3W33-5SX59-69R36-563T3-H6WTT
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ5BB-FT5HW-J5CWT-HBCB3-BC5XK

Those codes will be active 6-9PM CT on November 30 (find out when that is for you: http:///UwOUR5) and we'll be back in a few hours with more -- check the full schedule here: http:///TozWsW

For more about SHiFT codes, Golden Keys and how to redeem them, visit: http:///RZzXaC

From Facebook.

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: WTW3B-BB3SK-WXBJJ-3BB3J-ZSXKX [Active for 3 Hours: http:///UwOUR5 ]

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: KJKBB-XTH5S-R9RTF-5XBJJ-HXHC6 [Active for 3 Hours: http:///UwOUR5 ]

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: KBC3T-SCK9C-JCCWT-ZJK3J-CB5TF [Active for 3 Hours:

Twitter.

If there are more places to look for these such as a developer's tweet please post them. :)

Since they didn't raise the level cap in these two DLCs, I highly doubt they will in the next two. They would have done it by now if they were going to.

Huh? I dont follow that logic. The game's only been out 2 months. Why would they have "raised it by now or not at all"? Honestly baffled.

You do realize they didn't raise the LVL50 cap in BL1 until the 3rd DLC aka General Knoxx.

You also realize if they'd raised the cap in the first or second DLC you'd have even more people bitching about all the Lvl50 legendaries they spent lonely Friday nights farming suddenly being obsolete.

I'm sure they'll raise the cap in DLC3 in January/Feb. Any earlier would not have made sense for the majority of their playerbase.

Last edited:
PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: WTW3B-BB3SK-WXBJJ-3BB3J-ZSXKX [Active for 3 Hours: http:///UwOUR5 ]

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: KJKBB-XTH5S-R9RTF-5XBJJ-HXHC6 [Active for 3 Hours: http:///UwOUR5 ]

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: KBC3T-SCK9C-JCCWT-ZJK3J-CB5TF [Active for 3 Hours:

Twitter.

If there are more places to look for these such as a developer's tweet please post them. :)

I 'm anti-social :D don't use facebook or twitter so I follow this site for the latest shift codes:

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

I'm sure they'll raise the cap in DLC3 in January/Feb. Any earlier would not have made sense for the majority of their playerbase.

I dunno, even with just doing PT1 you can get almost up to level 40. Seems like after the DLC you'd be close to that 50 mark, and then PT2 you'd get there immediately.

odditory said:
Huh? I dont follow that logic. The game's only been out 2 months. Why would they have "raised it by now or not at all"? Honestly baffled.

I don't understand how this could baffle someone. But, given the information you provided below regarding the first Borderlands and the DLCs, I suppose it seems more plausible that the level cap would be raised in the third or fourth DLC. My logic was that it's very easy to hit level 50 without ANY of the DLCs, and by the time I fought the warrior the second time, I was level 50 for quite some time. And this was before the first DLC was available, and only a few of the optional missions were played (I played most of them AFTER I beat the Warrior).

odditory said:
You do realize they didn't raise the LVL50 cap in BL1 until the 3rd DLC aka General Knoxx.

I suppose I would have realized this had I played the DLCs for BL1. But, I didn't, so I wouldn't have known that. What'd they raise it to?

odditory said:
You also realize if they'd raised the cap in the first or second DLC you'd have even more people bitching about all the Lvl50 legendaries they spent lonely Friday nights farming suddenly being obsolete.

Well, it's their prerogative to farm oranges -- just get more after you max the new level cap. :)

I'm about Level 42 and early in PT2. I'm losing interest because doing PT2 would just be a grind to get to Level 50. I need to look at the DLCs; if they're expansive missions then that'll be fun but I don't want to be doing arena fights, I want more story.

I'm about Level 42 and early in PT2. I'm losing interest because doing PT2 would just be a grind to get to Level 50. I need to look at the DLCs; if they're expansive missions then that'll be fun but I don't want to be doing arena fights, I want more story.

You'd be surprised, the arena fights are broken-up by quite a number of side missions in the second DLC, Torque, with quite a few large and interesting areas to explore/experience.

By the time I went back to an arena mission, I felt like I hadn't done one in a while when playing through, so it was of no "bother" to me.

No "major" story, but the characters are extremely entertaining.

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: KBK33-BSS6C-5FBJ3-TBBJJ-9B6XS
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKBT-XSX5H-X9RT6-5RTT3-ZJB55
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KBCJJ-Z3WZW-J5WWB-SJWTT-TW3W6

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5TK3J-HJZCZ-F9XJX-KFB3B-KTBWW
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5BKBT-T6K9W-TKCKT-H353J-XTRHZ
PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: W3WB3-CBJSK-WRTJ3-TTB3J-ZXKHF

Can someone clear this up for me: PT2 is just playing through the whole game again on a harder difficulty correct?

Can someone clear this up for me: PT2 is just playing through the whole game again on a harder difficulty correct?

When you beat PT2, all the quests you didn't start and all the enemies scale to level 50. It's not a completely new play through.

When you beat PT2, all the quests you didn't start and all the enemies scale to level 50. It's not a completely new play through.

That's "PT 2.5", PT2 is just what was said, the whole thing over again at your current(ish) level of difficulty. Everything doesn't peg to 50 until you hit 50.

the level cap is a big flaw in the game. there isn't any reason not to let people continue leveling up. Max out all the skills. guns will need to continually be upgraded to keep up with the baddies. you could play it forever. as is there is little reason to continue playing after you hit 50. especially with the nerfed loot.

Back