The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

Well, bad news for me.

Seems I'm CPU limited with my 3770k @ 4.4ghz.

I can't maintain 120fps. It dips down into the 70's in some spots. High or Low graphics changes nothing, CPU is pegged at 25% (basically 2 threads) and my overclocked 7970 is hovering at 40% usage.

Game is fun either way. Just a bit disappointed by this performance.

Since you're using an AMD card, if you have PhysX enabled that would be why. PhysX just doesn't seem to work well on software-emulation run on the CPU.

If you start a new campaign with the same character you already have leveled up, do you keep all your equipment as well? Can't remember how the original handled it.

Can't recall exactly, but I think you keep your equipment...otherwise, what, you start a new playthrough at a higher level with level 1 gear? Or what? Doesn't really make sense.

Well, bad news for me.

I can't maintain 120fps. It dips down into the 70's in some spots. High or Low graphics changes nothing, CPU is pegged at 25% (basically 2 threads) and my overclocked 7970 is hovering at 40% usage.

Getting 70 fps in heavy areas is gravy. Enjoy it!

If you start a new campaign with the same character you already have leveled up, do you keep all your equipment as well? Can't remember how the original handled it.

I know when you do you're second play through, you keep all your stuff. I don't even know if you can restart the campaign though.

I really want a Claptrap robot now...

I want it to stand outside and greet people and go get my mail and stuff.

I really want a Claptrap robot now...

I want it to stand outside and greet people and go get my mail and stuff.

And also shoot them in the face. Because no one likes people on their lawn or hovering around their new car.

Just me? :D

sorry if a repost. i get to play after work in about a hour. someone made smaa injector seems to help a bit. link stolen from another forum.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=42272877#post42272877

Just to clarify, it's the same SMAA injector that's been out for almost a year. But yeah, it worked great in BL1. Since it targets edges and doesn't mess with the rest of the scene too much, it's a great way to go for cell shaded graphics.

I know when you do you're second play through, you keep all your stuff. I don't even know if you can restart the campaign though.

Seems you can't restart a new campaign with an existing character without completing it all the way through. Oh well.

In the original you keep everything, all the bad guys are just much higher levels, more variety as well due to the higher levels available.

Well, bad news for me.

A 70FPS baseline for a single player / co-op FPS? That's killer performance, unless you're talking about 1680x1050...

220 hours here.... what a piece of crap... :D

This is a sequel, the guy obviously has no clue what the original game was about, and expects it to be Halo. It'd be like going out and test driving a Lotus Elise, and complaining you can't fit your 4 kids and camping gear into it.

so for a single play though how many hours is the game doing the main missions?

Is anyone else seeing low GPU utilization? I have everything to set to their highest, with Physx on High, but my GPUs rarely go over 60%. In complex Physx scenes, my FPS will drop to 18FPS but the GPUs are still not hitting 100%.

why does my Network Options setting always revert back to 'Online Friends Only'...I keep switching it to 'Online Public' where anyone can join my game...anyone else having this issue?

so for a single play though how many hours is the game doing the main missions?

For me, the 220 hours was four player co-op mixed with some leveling and looting on my own. Two play-throughs (the game has two levels of play-through) and all DLC. Granted, a good chunk of that time was just my friends and I goofing around, but a fun 220 hours is a fun 220 hours.

Is anyone else seeing low GPU utilization? I have everything to set to their highest, with Physx on High, but my GPUs rarely go over 60%. In complex Physx scenes, my FPS will drop to 18FPS but the GPUs are still not hitting 100%.

Yep, this is what I'm getting also.

40% GPU utilization when all graphics are set to high (with LOW physx).

If I lower all graphics it does go up to ~60% and my FPS are closer to 120, but I still get FPS drops.

Seems you are, like me, CPU limited.

For me, the 220 hours was four player co-op mixed with some leveling and looting on my own. Two play-throughs (the game has two levels of play-through) and all DLC. Granted, a good chunk of that time was just my friends and I goofing around, but a fun 220 hours is a fun 220 hours.

i am talking about borderlands 2, not 1. lol i am confused like how the heck do you played that many hours of borderlands 2 when it is out for less than a day.

There seems to be problem with Steam at the moment and DLC. Those with Premiere Club, Collector's Editions, Gamestop Preorder DLC etc... may or may not be registering properly. This can come in the fact that 1) the game doesn't even see you has having the DLC at all, as it isn't on the main menu's DLC screen or 2) It WILL be on the main menu DLC screen, but will be "Not Downloaded" and you won't get the items in game. Gearbox is looking into this according to their forums

Oh, and its probably a lots cause but... if anyone has one of the Collector's Edition keys (came with the Vault Hunter Collector's Edition or Ultimate Loot Chest ), or even one of the Gamestop Preorder keys (came with anything from Gamestop and unlocked a "dome" map and certain grenades) that they have extras of and don't need/want to sell, let me know. I'd like to get ahold of one of each.

Since you're using an AMD card, if you have PhysX enabled that would be why. PhysX just doesn't seem to work well on software-emulation run on the CPU.
if he was running hardware physx on the cpu then he would be dropping into the 30s not the 70s.

How's the Siren gameplay? I'm debating between Siren and Assassin. My coop partner is debating between Commando and Gunzerker.

Eyefinity is working out of the box with a centered HUD :) There are even HUD scaling and positioning options. The character in the character creation screen is too large and some other minor menu quirks, but this game is running great on my crossfire/eyefinity setup.

my gpus were pretty busy on my test run this morning... but memory use was fairly low... around 900m each.. I'll have to test more tonight and turn PhysX on high also..

Eyefinity is working out of the box with a centered HUD :) There are even HUD scaling and positioning options. The character in the character creation screen is too large and some other minor menu quirks, but this game is running great on my crossfire/eyefinity setup.

yep... I love it when it just works out of the box.. ahhhh. :)

Man this game is great, and to the naysayers who claim that Physx is a gimmick have obviously not played this game with Physx set to high. Makes the game much more enjoyable imo.

Is anyone else noticing a distinct lack of gore?

I have a gun with exploding rounds yet it doesn't gib or anything. I shoot barrels near people, no dismemberment, etc.

Seems extremely toned down compared to bl1.

***READ***

So i finally got this running like a mother fucking CHAMP!!! (rig in sig)

Everyone needs to go into steam and verify the integrity of BL2 if you havnt (this morning it needed to re-download 500+MB), and then download the new Physx driver/installer from Nvidia (even if you have ATI) install, restart. NEW Crossfire profiles released from ATI yesterday have BL2!! install, restart. Restart again... for good measure....

And bam, everything maxed, and im getting 100+ constant fps through anything, including the crazy fire fights. Enjoy. Now i cant friggen wait to get off work...

Last edited:
so finally got my ultimate loot edition! What pissed me off was going into eb games, getting my copy and then not recieving my instore bonus codes (creature slaughter and premiere club) after 10 minutes of arguing that the pc version also comes with these code because of course they have stacks of xbox and ps3 ones.

So I did the little survey with my survey code on the bottom of my reciept and vola, 5 hours after this all happened suddenly they have a whole bunch that were shipped in a wrong box and im welcome to come in and pick it up... dicks lol

Oh well, trying out the new steam beta feature of installing games to different hard dirves, this ones going straight to my ssd lol. Games currently downloading at 2.5MB/s and will be done in 21 minutes. DLC codes all entered and ready to go, come on steam!

The new UI is confusing as crap.. and the pop in sucks too. Other than two those gripes, liking it a lot. I also wish you could zoom in/out of the in-game hud like BF3.

i imagine it will be the same, playthrough 1 & 2(+) where you can actually switch between the two of them

Is anyone else noticing a distinct lack of gore?

I have a gun with exploding rounds yet it doesn't gib or anything. I shoot barrels near people, no dismemberment, etc.

I haven't played much yet, only for a few hours this morning. I had a gun with exploding rounds and I think I only saw dismemberment or really nice blood splurts on critical hits.

The new UI is confusing as crap.. and the pop in sucks too. Other than two those gripes, liking it a lot. I also wish you could zoom in/out of the in-game hud like BF3.

Yeah, I agree. The UI is pretty bad. Just equipping guns is annoying. The pop ins are also really bad. I didn't notice any in the first game.

AA does seem to work well when being forced from CCC.

Yeah, I agree. The UI is pretty bad. Just equipping guns is annoying. The pop ins are also really bad. I didn't notice any in the first game.

AA does seem to work well when being forced from CCC.

How could you not notice the pop-in in the first game?

How's the Siren gameplay? I'm debating between Siren and Assassin. My coop partner is debating between Commando and Gunzerker.

at low levels, siren isn't much. her ability is pretty limited in use because it just stops a single enemy for a short while. So far i've more issues with keeping ammo supplies up and being heavily annoyed by the excruciatingly slow reload times.

i think like the first BL, the siren will be one of the tougher charaters to use.

at low levels, siren isn't much. her ability is pretty limited in use because it just stops a single enemy for a short while. So far i've more issues with keeping ammo supplies up and being heavily annoyed by the excruciatingly slow reload times.

i think like the first BL, the siren will be one of the tougher charaters to use.

I play Siren and I agree with the ammo supplies. Do you have any points into Forsight under the Cata tree? I'm only level 10 and I haven't put points there yet but I think I might focus on that after I max out Ward.

I play Siren and I agree with the ammo supplies. Do you have any points into Forsight under the Cata tree? I'm only level 10 and I haven't put points there yet but I think I might focus on that after I max out Ward.

I think i am level 8 and I haven't spent any skill points yet and probably wont until level 10.

Back