The next NFS installment: Shift

cool iam gonna rent this one
i got marvel ultimate alliance 2 and i probably should have gotten this game
but i like mua2 alot and don;'t want to get rid of it
but i got 2 games already this week actually 3 with rockband beatles
i if i can't get AA or AF on pc then iam gonna go ps3
thats probably the only diffrence aside from higher resolution
 
cool iam gonna rent this one
i got marvel ultimate alliance 2 and i probably should have gotten this game
but i like mua2 alot and don;'t want to get rid of it
but i got 2 games already this week actually 3 with rockband beatles
i if i can't get AA or AF on pc then iam gonna go ps3
thats probably the only diffrence aside from higher resolution

Redefining sentence structure one post at a time...
 
should i get this for
PS3 or PC ???

i have a 55 inch tv 7.1 surround sound vs 22 " dell 2209wa 2.0 creative t40 II speakers
i own a 360 controller for pc

my vote is for ps3. better sound and bigger picture :)

Hook the PC up to the TV. Then you have the best of both worlds.

It's amazing how frequently people forget that you can hook your PC up to your television...
 
Hook the PC up to the TV. Then you have the best of both worlds.

It's amazing how frequently people forget that you can hook your PC up to your television...

Yarly, or better yet a projector :D.

Thinking of buying this game soon, will wait for a good deal though.
 
should i get this for
PS3 or PC ???

i have a 55 inch tv 7.1 surround sound vs 22 " dell 2209wa 2.0 creative t40 II speakers
i own a 360 controller for pc
Why not for the pc, the picture will look alot better, and then when you want, hook up your pc to the tv! I read the sounds were a lil weak on the realistic side.
 
I bought a Civic si and boosted it
Then bought a Nissan 370Z.

God it sounds so goood.

My favorite part of the game is playing in cockpit mode and turning off the hud and racing like hell.
Man this game is amazingly fun with the g25.

Crashes are just amazing. I love how it blurs and when screen shakes and how you just cant tell where the hell you are, after you come to a stop. :D
 
I will probably prefer GRID to this, but that is because I am used to it, and the wrecking physics are awesome.
 
Does anyone have a recommendation for a racing wheel for the PC? I'm not into driving sims but playing this game with a keyboard feels wacky. I'm looking for something around $50 (not sure if theres a product that exists at that price), but I'm willing to pay up to $100.
 
Can anyone confirm if this game has the buttons mapped for the Xbox 360 controller on PC? That's how I want to play it considering I'm not going to get a wheel.
 
I bought a Civic si and boosted it
Then bought a Nissan 370Z.

God it sounds so goood.

My favorite part of the game is playing in cockpit mode and turning off the hud and racing like hell.
Man this game is amazingly fun with the g25.

Crashes are just amazing. I love how it blurs and when screen shakes and how you just cant tell where the hell you are, after you come to a stop. :D

I own a white 08 Civic Si so i decided to buy it as my first car in the game. Since i drive the car every day, i can tell you that it is right on. You can even feel the vtec kick in after 6k rpm. Graphics are amazing. They did a nice job with this one. I highly recommend it.
 
I own a white 08 Civic Si so i decided to buy it as my first car in the game. Since i drive the car every day, i can tell you that it is right on. You can even feel the vtec kick in after 6k rpm. Graphics are amazing. They did a nice job with this one. I highly recommend it.
Awesome.
I daily drive a 95 Prelude VTEC with a H22a1 motor.
It is very very similar power wise to a k20z3 that comes in the civics.

Thats why I bought it. :D (even though I could afford a s2000 already in the game)
 
Does anyone have a recommendation for a racing wheel for the PC? I'm not into driving sims but playing this game with a keyboard feels wacky. I'm looking for something around $50 (not sure if theres a product that exists at that price), but I'm willing to pay up to $100.

Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Wheel (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/wheels/devices/320&cl=US,EN). Picked mine up new from Craigslist for $30-35. Great wheel for the money.
 
Can anyone confirm if this game has the buttons mapped for the Xbox 360 controller on PC? That's how I want to play it considering I'm not going to get a wheel.

Yup, playing it on xbox pad, and buttons are already mapped
 
Yes, not as good as on good racing wheel, but it rumbles a bit. It's still better then keyboard.
 
Does this game support LAN play for the PC and how is the net code for it? Pro Street didnt have the best netcode for it, and lastly does this game support 2560x1600?
 
Does this game support LAN play for the PC and how is the net code for it? Pro Street didnt have the best netcode for it, and lastly does this game support 2560x1600?
2560x1600 is a definate YES! It auto configures for it too. I'm running at max settings and 4xAA and it plays pretty smooth. There is some minor frame skipping during replays but I haven't noticed any during racing.

I'm really digging this game. I like it better than Grid. Grid was awesome but Shift seems to have struck a perfect balance between arcade and simulation style racing. I'll have a better idea once I purchase the more powerful cars. I haven't noticed any rubber banding either. If you manage to leave the competition in the dust, they seem to stay there, unlike in Grid where it seems that the devs intended for the pack to always be on your tail no matter how well you drive.

The devs should have thrown in a gag trophy/achievement named "VTec kicked in yo!" for a perfect launch in a Civic.
 
I'm really digging this game. I like it better than Grid. Grid was awesome but Shift seems to have struck a perfect balance between arcade and simulation style racing

I do miss the rewinds though -- so far I have only played through eight or nine races and none of them were long (so a restart wasn't too bad) but I imagine the later races will get a bit longer.

I really enjoy it, this is a definite buy in my opinion for anyone that enjoys racing games.
 
same situation im in, i get everything for consoles except pc exclusives, my vote is ps3 if youve got pc / ps3 available. Oh and no annoying DRM - i hated the last installment i bought for my pc for this reason. Ive got a solid pc gaming rig but prefer my PS3 at this point mainly because i dont want to cart my pc to my media room every time i want to play a game on my big screen.
 
Last edited:
This really is one of the best racing games i've played on a console. Everything about it is damn near perfect. It has a great selection of cars ( Reventon and the Veyron....come on! ) although it would have been nice to see Ferrari in the game. The sound effects are top notch, there really isnt anything better. Gameplay is surprisingly deep for a NFS game. The cars handle realisticly, you can easily tell the difference between RWD/FWD/AWD setups and heavier/lighter cars. The interior view is unbelievable! I currently have a 911 GT2 :)D) and you can see the leather texture on the door panel, along with the stitching. And honestly, this game has just about every great track you could ask for....it is really hard for me to find a flaw with this one, props EA/Maddog for bringing back the NFS series, although it took you long enough to get away from the ricer trash.
 
I think it's excellent, it reminds me of how Gran Turismo 2 wowed me when I first ran Laguna Seca. I went out and bought a logitech wheel last night just to up the reality experience. Fantastic game.

Force feedback wheel highly recommended.
 
Guess you was expecting GRID :D

I love GRID and love this too, I think they're very similar...I would be surprised if you could adore one and hate the other.

I would imagine vasta was expecting something more similar to the Most Wanted gameplay.
 
I am loving the game. There are a few things tho that are kind of broken. Like when u are racing and someone(Online) runs into a wall at 130+mph. You see them lift off the ground, do a flip in midair, and land on all fours and keep going. Also some of the cars seem like they are not as fast as they should be on paper. I have a m3 that has 771 hp all stage 3 and it is not faster then a 704hp audi, the weigh about the same just seems kind of weird...

The game is fun tho will keep me busy till COD:MWF 2 ..
 
Man what a hastle installing on Windows 7 x64, how hard is it for them to test this?

Anyway didn't quite run well enough at 2560x1600, other than spending ages messing around getting everything configured it was quite fun. Not being able to skip the intro, being able to exit from the game while in a race, not being able to configure control mid race...a lot of that is very bad design.
 
Im not sure how you guys are playing this but ive gotten to the point of frustration using mouse/keyboard for racing, the cars are becoming very difficult to control, for instance viper vs ford gt challange took me about 15 retries to win, veyron challange i just cant do using the keyboard
 
Im not sure how you guys are playing this but ive gotten to the point of frustration using mouse/keyboard for racing, the cars are becoming very difficult to control, for instance viper vs ford gt challange took me about 15 retries to win, veyron challange i just cant do using the keyboard

Yeah, you really need at LEAST be using a 360 pad or something similar. Wheel is preferable, obviously. You just can't feather the throttle when using the keyboard + mouse, you would need to use it like an on/off switch. Same goes for steering...
 
You really should get a gamepad at the very least.

I have mixed feelings myself on this game. It kind of feels like they were going to build a GT5 killer and then fell short of implementing the car dynamics/physics. It also felt like they were going to implement a livery/career scheme ala GRID, but also fell short. Graphics-wise I was kind of disappointed on the console. I don't know.. I was expecting them to be on par with GRID at the very least.

It is way to easy to make cash and buy the best tier car and max it out. It's a good racing sim, but felt weak in certain areas.

I do like to momentum effects of the cockpit and the point/leveling system. Very unique. While there aren't a lot of cars, all the main ones are in there with a few surprises without the game feeling like Gran Skyline.

As for any storyboarding, there is none. At least with prostreet, you felt like you were moving up on the circut and not just mindlessly checking races off your list.

At least they implemented a race replay feature. You can tell it's (again) not a full featured module, however it does do enough to let me see my powersliding through a corner or kicking out the rear on a hairpin curve.

The game hasn't pushed boundries in any category, but it is fun to play. I'd personally give it a 7/10 from a racing sim perspective, which is what it looks like this title was being targeted at.

I haven't tested the online content, but I should have a chance once I test out my G25 steering wheel.
 
Back
Top