The Lian Li Gallery

Viper87227 said:
Its a 240. Here's some more pics. Excuse the noobish cutting job, it was my first go at holes :). THey are old pics, and some of the components have changed, but its the same case.

S4020267.jpg

S4020292.jpg
is ur fan pushing air or pulling? can u send me pics of the front? and under?thanks.
i have same case as you, i had 120mm rad and i want 240mm rad in there, i wanna see how. u want pics let me know of mine.

btw, wuts ur temps? and cpu volts.

rysher said:
is ur fan pushing air or pulling? can u send me pics of the front? and under?thanks.
i have same case as you, i had 120mm rad and i want 240mm rad in there, i wanna see how. u want pics let me know of mine.

btw, wuts ur temps? and cpu volts.

YGPM :)

from the orientation of the fan blades i'd guess that they blow inside the case. at least thats how they should ;)

just put a 4" cathode under my gpu.

and I only got cut by the gpu fan 3 times to get it done :D

gpulight4jh.jpg

gpuhsf8cb.jpg

:D

from the orientation of the fan blades i'd guess that they blow inside the case. at least thats how they should

Incorrect...in most cases. In scenarios where I proper shroud is being used, temps will almost always be lower when the fans are sucking air off of/through the rad. If there's no shroud being used then temps are probly going to be pretty similar one way or another, but why would you want to blow air through the rad, and have that warmer air forced back down into your case?

Nice stuff btw Viper87227...might not be the best cutting job in the world...but it gets the job done.

If I wasn't so hard-set on having some sexy chrome, folding case handles in my next LiLi I'd follow your layout...but I'm afraid the top of the case is pretty much spoken for.

cornelious0_0 said:
Incorrect...in most cases. In scenarios where I proper shroud is being used, temps will almost always be lower when the fans are sucking air off of/through the rad. If there's no shroud being used then temps are probly going to be pretty similar one way or another, but why would you want to blow air through the rad, and have that warmer air forced back down into your case?

Nice stuff btw Viper87227...might not be the best cutting job in the world...but it gets the job done.

If I wasn't so hard-set on having some sexy chrome, folding case handles in my next LiLi I'd follow your layout...but I'm afraid the top of the case is pretty much spoken for.

Thanks... I did that quite a while ago, and have since gotten a little handier with a dremel and a hole saw. You will see in a few days. My V2000 should ship tomorrow, and shes going under the knife as soon as I get it. :cool:

This is Frank
He needs some more work, but he's my nix box, currently has Suse installed, but a dead power supply at the moment. I'm going to try and convert the whole thing into a "quiet pc" because I'd like it to be an always on file server, so that's an upcoming project and when I do that, I'll install ubuntu on it.

pcase7.jpg

Very nice window cut man...you do it yourself?

Ubuntu rocks btw...so easy to install/use...especially for someone like me who knows basically nothing about linux. :p

You may want to make the hole for the 24-pin mobo connector wider than the person pictured did, so that you don't have to remove all the pins and the connector if you ever need to take out your power supply.

edit: wtf, why did my post end up above the person I was replying to?

ok everyone....ive decided to go with the v1000b PlusII case and wanted to drill holes in the case like the one pictured above. i was wondering what size holes (diameter) each should be? I'm going to contact the person who drilled the holes and ask him as well but wanted other people's opinions as well. thanks!

cornelious0_0 said:

i absolutely agree with you. what i wanted to say was, speaking of the fan blades in the pictures, the fan should blow. if this particular fan would pull/suck it would be highly ineffective. some fans can be forced to rotate the other way round if not connected correctly..

sry for the confusion :p

No ones got the older LiLi's? I like the PC-68.. It's my fav. model... Been for ages, I really wanted one myself but never got around to buy one. And now it's too late. :(
Got my Antec P160 which I'm kinda tired of now, ugly case. :(

case18sm.jpg

knaSen said:
No ones got the older LiLi's? I like the PC-68.. It's my fav. model... Been for ages, I really wanted one myself but never got around to buy one. And now it's too late. :(
Got my Antec P160 which I'm kinda tired of now, ugly case. :(

case18sm.jpg

80mm cooling FTL

Send me a PM to remind me, but I'll see if I can find one at one of our Distributors. Maybe I can even find one at Lian Li. Anyway, remind me if you are still interested.

Stellar said:
80mm cooling FTL

sniperchicken said:
There isn't enough for a 120mm, unless you want to pull those front USB ports out. :(

Are you sure? I do not have this case so I don't know, but from the looks of it one 120mm fan should work without removing them? But I might be wrong...

knaSen said:
Are you sure? I do not have this case so I don't know, but from the looks of it one 120mm fan should work without removing them? But I might be wrong...

Yeah, it sucks, I wish it would fit too! They do make the PC-60BPlus2 now with 120mm though, they take one of the 3.5" bays out though, that's where they get the extra room from.

sniperchicken said:
Yeah, it sucks, I wish it would fit too! They do make the PC-60BPlus2 now with 120mm though, they take one of the 3.5" bays out though, that's where they get the extra room from.

Yeah, but I like the looks of the PC-68... Oh well, I'd never find a new one anyways. :p
I've been thinking about that case or Gigabyte Aurora...

Yeah, PC82 is what I have, it has the same front panel, except the fan grill isn't split up into shapes, instead it's just the 80mm fan "holes grill" that the PC60 series uses. Love that case.

sniperchicken said:
Dang, that case would be my perfect case if the back had a 120mm fan too. As of right now, the one that comes closest to perfect for me is the PC-7, but that doesn't have a removable mobo tray :(

-Rc- said:
Dang, that case would be my perfect case if the back had a 120mm fan too. As of right now, the one that comes closest to perfect for me is the PC-7, but that doesn't have a removable mobo tray :(

Sure it'd be nice to have the removable tray, but IMO the benefit of the rear 120mm fan far outweighs the downfall of not having the removable tray.

-Rc- said:

I wouldn't worry about the mobo tray. Its very benificial in the PC-6x series, because its a smaller case. The PC-7 is a monster. You chould have pleantly of room to work in it.

I just got a PC-7B Plus II .. looks great and all but i have a question. It gets fingerprints over it >.< is there any way i can clean that? Also the front part that u remove to install DVD rom / floppy is kinda loose.. anyway to mod it so its more tight and doesnt sound/look cheap?

I really like it , will soon post pics after i finish my new pc build :)

Viper87227 said:
I wouldn't worry about the mobo tray. Its very benificial in the PC-6x series, because its a smaller case. The PC-7 is a monster. You chould have pleantly of room to work in it.

Umm...I think you're a little confused...the PC-7 IS a PC-60 size chassis...it's the PC-70 that's the ~ 22" full-tower monster.

cornelious0_0 said:
Umm...I think you're a little confused...the PC-7 IS a PC-60 size chassis...it's the PC-70 that's the ~ 22" full-tower monster.

I sure am :p. Looking into the PC-7... what is the point of that case. The PC-65 Plus seems to be better. Its got the 120mm front cooling like the PC7, and its still got the removable mobo tray.

The PC-65 Plus only has a single rear 80mm fan and comes with a ridiculous duct that actually hurts CPU temps in a lot of cases where the processor doesn't line up perfectly with the duct.

cornelious0_0 said:
The PC-65 Plus only has a single rear 80mm fan and comes with a ridiculous duct that actually hurts CPU temps in a lot of cases where the processor doesn't line up perfectly with the duct.

The duct can be removed... and a 2nd 80mm hole can be added very easily. methinks 2x80mm could hold its own against a single 120mm... enough so to go for the PC-65.

Personal preferance though. Part of it has been that in watercooling with a PC-65, that removable mobo tray has been my savior.

Viper87227 said:
The duct can be removed... and a 2nd 80mm hole can be added very easily. methinks 2x80mm could hold its own against a single 120mm... enough so to go for the PC-65.

Personal preferance though. Part of it has been that in watercooling with a PC-65, that removable mobo tray has been my savior.

I still agree that the removable tray is nice, but two 80mm fans will not generate the same airflow as a single 120mm at the same noise levels, and it's only more wiring to setup/hide IMO. I'd much rather have one large fan in the rear of the case any day...but I'm still considering the PC-6077 with dual 80mm fans in the rear, just because of the multiple 5.25" bays in the front of the case...leaves things very open.

Viper87227 said:

I calculated it out, and a 120mm fan still has a larger area to push air than 2 80mm fans, albeit only by a little bit.

Hmm, it looks like the PC-7 is $40 cheaper than the PC-65, and it is almost the same thing, so when I build a comp, I will probably just go for that case. Me thinks $40 is a bit much for a removable mobo tray.

-Rc- said:
I calculated it out, and a 120mm fan still has a larger area to push air than 2 80mm fans, albeit only by a little bit.

Hmm, it looks like the PC-7 is $40 cheaper than the PC-65, and it is almost the same thing, so when I build a comp, I will probably just go for that case. Me thinks $40 is a bit much for a removable mobo tray.

That it is...and the rear 120mm fan just looks much nicer/current then a pair of 80's in the back.

-Rc- said:

Didn't realize the PC-7 was $40 less... that makes it a bit more interesting. I'd still say, in my specific case, that the PC-65 has served me better than a PC-7 would have. When it comes time to fill or drain my loop, its a snap to just unmount my blocks and slide out the mobo tray. This way I dont have to actually take the entire WC setup out of my case, which would a bit of a hassle. However, if someone wasnt watercooling, then I could see reason to get the PC-7 over the 6x.

Also... not that I am doubting you, but how did you calculate out that a 120mm fan has a larger area to push air? I'm looking at is 80x2 = 160mm, but I know its not that simple.

That is a very good point about switching hardware within a h2O loop...removable tray might be what I need also then, thx bro.

I just got my Lian Li not to long ago. After work I'll post some pics.

I must say it really is beautiful:)

System configuration:

Lian Li V300B Case (mods required to fit 7900GTX)
Processor AMD Athlon X2 4800+
Motherboard eVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI mATX
Memory 4 x 512MB Samsung PC3200 CL3
Hard Drive 1 x Samsung SP1614C SATA
Graphics Card (2) NVIDIA GEFORCE 7900 GTX
Power Supply Enermax Liberty 620W
CPU Cooler Thermaltake BlueOrb II
Fans (2) 80x80x25 Coolermaster Silent LED, (1) 80x80x15 Lian Li

I dunno...it's a fairly nice case and all, but I don't really consider it an SFF case, a bit large...but that's just me.

It does have a lot of potential though, I'll give it that.

Back