The Lian Li Gallery

scrawnypaleguy said:
eab16hatchie, let's see some internal shots! That looks like a really sweet build, I love the blue.

Cornelious, I'll try to get a better angle and post some other pics soon.

Thx bro, I'll be waiting on it. :)

Below is a picture of the inside of my PC-V600, as requested.

It is a little difficult to keep good wire management in such a small space, but I am happy with it personally. I have used a Silverstone Strider 600w Modular Power Supply, which has nice cable sleeving and (being modular) can be stripped to exactly what you need of it. It is also a large PSU and (due to its extended length) positions its fan directly over the pre-cut Li Lian side air vent (not all PSU's are big enough for this). I have also used a rounded IDE Cable and a cable management kit for the Sata Cables etc. The PSU being over the HSF also doesn't really cause a problem.

Speaking of HSF's I used the Zalman FS-C77 Fatal1ty CPU Cooler (which is the perfect height for this case and is a very good cooler) and controlled its screaming noise with a Zalman Fan Controller. The HSF now spins at only 800rpm. Whilst this doesn't allow much room for overclocking it does keep the CPU at about 37c idle and 45-48c under load (for an AMD 4400+ at stock speeds). Not brilliant, but it will do for me.

On top of this I have replaced the standard Li Lian 120mm fans (which span at about 1,200rpm and made about 18db of noise) with Skythe S-FLEX 120mm fans which spin at 800rpm and create only 8db of noise :0)

I would warn anybody thinking of buying this case of the following...

1) Get the Strider Silverstone PSU (as the PSU fan fits perfectly over the side vent of the case) it is also modular. A non-modular PSU in this case would be a nightmare.

2) Get a Zalman FS-C77 Fatal1ty CPU Cooler or other low profile high end CPU cooler with a 120mm fan, this will help keep the memory etc cool within the case.

3) Replace the Li Lian fans if you wish to have a quiet computer.

4) Get dust filters for all of your Fans - this case soaks up dust like a hoover (mine are currently on order after spotting this).

5) Be careful when handling it as the Black Anodising scratches easily (I understand that this is a problem for all black anodised Li Lian cases).

6) Get Li Lian CD / DVD Drive covers as they make all the difference.

DSC00218.jpg

fairly nice for the small space you're working with, and thx for the very nice pic...any temp reports compared to an old LiLi?

cornelious0_0 said:
fairly nice for the small space you're working with, and thx for the very nice pic...any temp reports compared to an old LiLi?

No idea I am afraid, my old PC was a pile of crap and this is the first Li Lian case that I have owned. As far as I know, my temps are maybe 2c or 3c above the norm, but not bad.

Here's a better look at the wiring. The only thing that's changed since last time is that I was able to improve the wiring of the optical drives since I had to add another cable to my modular power supply to deal with the new cathodes... I was able to get rid of the ugly folding/twisty tie stuff and just use the two different cables.

computer045.jpg

So many inverted heat pipes. I can't make myself do it until Asus says it's alright. I want their silent video card...

Scrawny: Nice case, nice wiremanagement, except for the little electrical tape at the end of the ATX cable. If that's fixed, then you have a really, really, really clean case.

Does anyone have the G-50 or the G-70? I may consider getting one, but I dislike how the PSU mounts. I run a slightly longer psu with non-modular cables, and a ton of leads, and I HATE having a messy computer, even if there's no window.

Bbq said:
Scrawny: Nice case, nice wiremanagement, except for the little electrical tape at the end of the ATX cable. If that's fixed, then you have a really, really, really clean case.

Does anyone have the G-50 or the G-70? I may consider getting one, but I dislike how the PSU mounts. I run a slightly longer psu with non-modular cables, and a ton of leads, and I HATE having a messy computer, even if there's no window.

Oh that? The heatshrink was starting to come off, so I just cut it off and replaced it with the tape. It's ghetto, I know, but as I lack the tools and the time necessary to put new heatshrink on it, the tape will have to do :D

I haven't seen anyone with either of those cases, but www.performance-pcs.com has an impressive build on display using the G70. Just go to their website, it's on the home page.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think instead of buying a G70, I'm going to have to buy some tissues. ;)

I'm thinking of crossing over to the darkside, from Coolermaster to Lian Li. I just wish the 6070 had black auto paint.

scrawnypaleguy...thx for the pic...but I still see absolutely no point in that heatpipe cooler. Having the drive placed infront of a cases intake fan is pretty much enough cooling...all that heatpipe heatsink is doing is transfering the heat from one side to the other, and IMO it'd probly be dissipated a little more slowly by the average case intake fan, as the heat is building up far more. Maybe I'm wrong...got any before and after temp results?

Also...thx for that link to performance-pcs...that build is pretty impressive...and if I wasn't gonna have to accomodate for my phase change setup for this system I'd be looking at the G70 also.

aburgard said:
So many inverted heat pipes. I can't make myself do it until Asus says it's alright. I want their silent video card...

Been running my asus A8N SLI Premium upside down for a few months now without a single issue.

cornelious0_0 said:
scrawnypaleguy...thx for the pic...but I still see absolutely no point in that heatpipe cooler. Having the drive placed infront of a cases intake fan is pretty much enough cooling...all that heatpipe heatsink is doing is transfering the heat from one side to the other, and IMO it'd probly be dissipated a little more slowly by the average case intake fan, as the heat is building up far more. Maybe I'm wrong...got any before and after temp results?

Actually, my hard drive is the hottest thing in my case right now. The sensor always reports temps in the mid 40's, with load temps of nearly 50c. I don't know why this is. Maybe the sensor is off or something... I just thought the hard drive looked a little lonely without it. I'll try it without though, and see what happens. The blue doesn't go with the rest of my case anyways.

scrawnypaleguy said:
Actually, my hard drive is the hottest thing in my case right now. The sensor always reports temps in the mid 40's, with load temps of nearly 50c. I don't know why this is. Maybe the sensor is off or something... I just thought the hard drive looked a little lonely without it. I'll try it without though, and see what happens. The blue doesn't go with the rest of my case anyways.

Cool...also, if you have open space underneath the drive it's temps will come down...not sure exactly how it is/was positioned for those temps...but if it were possible to have the drive NOT sitting flat on the bottom of the case like that I don't think it'd be nearly as hot.

cornelious0_0 said:
Cool...also, if you have open space underneath the drive it's temps will come down...not sure exactly how it is/was positioned for those temps...but if it were possible to have the drive NOT sitting flat on the bottom of the case like that I don't think it'd be nearly as hot.

Oh it's not sitting flat... the zalman came with rubber decouplers. I drilled some holes in the bottom and screwed the decouplers into the holes on the bottom of the hard drive. Makes it quieter :D

scrawnypaleguy said:
Oh it's not sitting flat... the zalman came with rubber decouplers. I drilled some holes in the bottom and screwed the decouplers into the holes on the bottom of the hard drive. Makes it quieter :D

Good stuff...I was thinking/hoping that Zalman wouldn't engineer something like this and then have the drive sitting flat on it's arse. :p

I suppose if you've got a half decent amount of airflow moving over the drive then it's possible that the temps would take a decent dip with that heatpipe cooler...'cus there'd be more surface area for the airflow to make contact with.

I unno...never really seen temp reports from/with that Zalman HDD cooler...I'll have to wait and see what you report.

nobi125 said:
Been running my asus A8N SLI Premium upside down for a few months now without a single issue.

Most of us could run our motherboards without any cooling and have no trouble. I actually ran an old video card with no cooler for a while to see if it'd work. It did. Running a modern video card passively wouldn't work I'm sure. Running one with heat-pipes that aren't wicked I'm sure would be a no-no. Mobo, okay. Video? Probably not.

Lian Li PC-V1000
2 Aerocool Turbine 1000's
Zalman CNPS9500 and VF700-CU

Abit AV8
AMD 3700+ @ 2.6Ghz
X850XTPE @ 620 and 1250
1GB DDR|

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

I just ordered a BenQ 20.1 Inch widscreen 1680X1050 Monitor. So invsion that in the picture as well :p

Remember National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation? Your neighbors in their workout clothes are breaking their $1000 dollar CD player because they were blinded by your computer lights. :p (Pretty cool tho, please tell me you some means of controlling those lights)

aburgard said:

I don't think it would be a big deal in ChinDave's since he has two 120mm fans over his motherboard. (I know the other is a PSU, but it would help cooling regardless)

XtuRmN8r said:
Remember National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation? Your neighbors in their workout clothes are breaking their $1000 dollar CD player because they were blinded by your computer lights. :p (Pretty cool tho, please tell me you some means of controlling those lights)

Yeah there is some generic voltage controller. Third slot from the top under both cd drives. I can turn them off when I please. But I put alot of work into balancing them and getting the ligh amounts right so why the hell would I do that? :cool:

I think you lost a ramsink there Gnar (first picture, underneath the cpu cooler). :p

Besides that, everything looks great. Kudos for the ultra-brightness; that takes balls :cool:

scrawnypaleguy said:
I think you lost a ramsink there Gnar (first picture, underneath the cpu cooler). :p

Besides that, everything looks great. Kudos for the ultra-brightness; that takes balls :cool:

Haha thats awesome that you noticed that cause the first time I took the picture I saw that and greased it up and put it back. Thanks though. :D

scrawnypaleguy said:

haha...good call, I didn't even see that. :p

But yeah, it does take balls to go that bright...but he pulled it off very well.

Reminds me of one of my first Lian-Li PC-60's. I had 4 green LED 80mm fans, two 12" green ccfl's and two 6" green ccfl's in that case...it was freakin' hilarious to take that side panel off the case, half my room was completely lit. :cool:

I posted this in the cooling area, and then saw this thread. I am hoping one of you might know this...

I am looking at getting a PC-V2000 (plus 2 version) and was wondering if anyone has put in a Black Ice Xtreme II Radiator in one, and where would it go? I was curious if it would fit in the bottome section of the V2000 standing up? How tall is that bottom section, and would it allow a dual radiator to stand up (length wise) in that area?

Thoughts? Has anyone put a Extreme 2 radiator in a V2000, and not had to drill holes into the case?

thanks

corban

welp up date time, went from: http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1029345019&postcount=1167
to this, small stuffs really, lost the newegg sticker, finished off my case badges(8 total, in this order, Logitech(keyboard, mouse and headset), nVidia(7900GT, and mobo chipset) AMD 64 X2(cpu), Zalman(proc cooler), next row has Arctic Cooling(7900GT cooler), Call of Duty(what inspired me to do the updates), DFI LanParty(mobo) and my fav, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Built by Renswic(that one should explane it self) added some yellow UV paint to the silver ramsink thingys on teh mobo, sadly lost a HDD, it was failing thou so no big worrys, threw in some of my star wars miroc machines figures to go with my star wars theme to it:
CT1.jpg

CT2.jpg

RE.jpg

and the cooler on the vidcard, crappy shot sorry
ACooler.jpg

this thing is awesome, drop my noise levels and and temps greatly

cornelious0_0 said:
Haha...I love the star wars figures in the case...nice touch. :)

heh tyty, when i first threw them in there i noticed the light sabers light up dimly under the UV lights, a quick coat of UV painand they will really stand out

Renswic said:
heh tyty, when i first threw them in there i noticed the light sabers light up dimly under the UV lights, a quick coat of UV painand they will really stand out

Awsome man...I love it. :)

on the v1000 what is the recommended cut out for hiding cables .. is it cutting out the left side of the 5.25 drives ?

jetjaguar said:
on the v1000 what is the recommended cut out for hiding cables .. is it cutting out the left side of the 5.25 drives ?

soo we meet again... :p

and ya kist hack out that lip and you got loads of room for wires, thats the only place in my comp i have wires running threw, but of a bitch to set them do the panel can close, but worth it

when the owner of one of hte only computer shops in my town can say "holy shit, you make home built computers look good!" you know your doing something right

yup we meet again heehe ..

do u have a pic of the cut out .. like up close ? just trying to not screw up hehe ..

also did u reverse ur hd cage ?

jetjaguar said:
yup we meet again heehe ..

do u have a pic of the cut out .. like up close ? just trying to not screw up hehe ..

also did u reverse ur hd cage ?

i dont have any of my cut no, but the last pic in this post has it
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1029406303&postcount=1244

and no i didnt flip my cage, im old school with IDE drive(s) it wouldnt fit

side note:
This email is to confirm the receipt of your recent order from SVC.

1(408)432-1239
Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM PST
Sat 10AM-3PM PST

You can always find out the current status of your order by going to
<link removed>

Name Code Qty Each Options
--------------------------------------------------------------
Yellow 10" ATA133/100 RC10HD1-YEL 1 1.99
Round IDE Cable
Yellow 24" Dual Device RC24HD2-YEL 1 2.99
ATA133/100 Round IDE
Cable
Subtotal 4.98
Shipping 4.55
Total 9.53

*sigh* pricy ass cables, i jsut dont really care for hte yellow wire covers on silver round cables, looked cool at first but now its jsut meh. its gunna be a nightmare to replace the HDD(s) one too :(

thanks for the pics .. definitely helped

is there a way to disconnect the usb cables from the front of the case .. ? or does the whole thing have to be removed ?

why can't lian-li make a case that's basically apc-7b plus

except, instead of the floppy drive and those up front usb connectors (who uses those anyways?) put another 120mm fan in there, and make the mobo tray into a removable one? and modify the front panel in a way to allow for more airflow (aka more holes), everything else about the case is just lovely!

why why why why!? it'd be so amazingly awesome if they could just do that. /cry

Back