The Division 2

Looking forward to the closed beta. I'd be willing to join up with people on it but I'm in the KST time zone.

Is there a HardForum Division discord server? If not, I can create one if needed.

Is there a HardForum Division discord server? If not, I can create one if needed.

Not that I know of, but I'm hardly an official spoksperson. Might bear some digging around once I get home (unless some one beats me to it). Historically we have used one of our own, but an official [H] Discord would be great.

Okay, now.... more videos:

Today's topic = Skills

We probably could just use your FR3AK HOUSE server to coordinate.

YOU REMEMBERED!! We can do that, lol.

Today's video = impressions:

Having played the Alpha, I agree with his assessment of excellent "feel" 'visuals" & "audio". These were what I was most impressed with initially. Also, the wonky 1st person scope needing some rework, but I didnt experience the degree of "clunkiness" with the movement and controls on PC that he describes on Console. Keeping in mind that this is only Alpha and we still have a long ways to go, I think the over-all message is... this game feels "fun", plays well and shows an exemplary amount of polish for an Alpha. There are kinks to work out, but there is a lot to be excited about if what we've seen makes it to the final game.

We still dont know what could go on in the way of loot boxes, DLC and what not; obviously Ubisoft has already pulled some shady crap with the 6 different Pre-order versions and trying to sell extra Stash space. So, I'm not recommending you run out and pre-order it. I'm just saying Massive seems to be listening to the Division 1 player input, and seem to have improved / fixed things in almost every area. If Ubisoft doesn't f* it up for them, we could have a winner on our hands.

I was watching likebutter play a some DZ and the time to kill looks to be much better. Looking forward to playing beta ( if i ever get an invite)

20 mins of raw footage from Widdz, who you might remember put out some nice weapon damage analysis videos in the early days of D1:

Things to note:
  • All footage was captured on Xbox X at native 4k. I have been unable to find any PC M&KB footage from this event. Controls just looked painful to me, but I hate controllers with a passion.
  • Players are level 10, using mostly Green / Blue gear, with some rare Purple & Gold. Surviveability may increase with better gear, but over-all time to kill has been significantly decreased.
  • Headshots man. Even in the level 30, "good gear" footage I've seen, headshots are brutal. Even an NPC can spank you pretty fast if they land a couple headshots. Snipers especially are strong, but I imagine there will be a lot of balancing even before the Beta.
  • The game is freakin' gorgeous. HDR is less prevalent for us PC players, but its there if your monitor supports it.

Last edited:
Another general impressions video, aimed at PvP (thats what the event centered around, I'm not personally a fan of PvP in D1), but has some good info that pertains to all gameplay. Again -ALPHA- so a lot can change.

Alright, last video for now. This one covers something I did not know and have not seen covered up until now, and that is how Armor works. There is more to it than we initially assumed. All subject to change naturally, but take a look:

EDIT: Alright I lied, one more. No new info here, but some nice gameplay that shows off the different emphasis of each DZ / Biome. I 'think' the East DZ is the one with the "long sight lines", and South is close quarters, but dont quote me on that.

I'm guessing "shield-shogun" will get nerfed.

Last edited:
Got an email today with the title "Come see what a real government shutdown looks like in the Private Beta"
I didn't think anything of it, just looked at the game again (so tempted to get it), and decided not to buy for now.

Later I get this:
upload_2019-1-31_19-3-23.png

I'm sure others have gotten this and was curious if it had offended any of you.
They must have gotten some feedback, but dang, it's a freaking game!

Fresh footage from IGN, a mission we haven't seen yet. I love the new 'punch' weapons have, enemies look more authentic with armor instead of hoodies, and even the NPC death animations have gotten an overhaul. I'm excited... also, I pre-ordered. Swore I wasn't going to, but I know I'm buying this game so screw it.

Watching anyone play a shooter with a Controller is still cringe-worthy to me, and the audio get's weird from time to time, I'm still not sold on the new movement speed, but I honestly didn't notice it when playing the Alpha, so it's probably just witnessing it. Can't tell much about the mission, but it did feel like 'more of the same' from D1, but that's not entirely bad. Time will tell if the campaign improves over the first game, but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Also, a mild breakdown of the Beta Trailer:

• Robotic dog belongs to a new end game faction, that I'm guessing will progress Keener's story from D1
  • Mounted weapons were in the Alpha, typically saw them at enemy control points that you could take over and give to friendly factions.
  • Settlements is D2's version of Safe Houses, only with elements of D1's Base of Operations in that you can do missions for them that will expand and strengthen their abilities. Some additions are cosmetic, others are functional.
  • Exotic weapons will be more "relavent" in D2, and stand out more cosmetically.

Last edited:
Let's be honest we all knew you were too. Hit me up next Thursday for some Beta action. That IGN gameplay is looking good except for that cringey console aiming.

Yeah, it was no secret, lol. I just hate promoting all the BS that goes with it.

Anyway, I'm working next Thursday, but I'll be on late for sure. I'll try to get all three days in, so if we don't get together Thurs, maybe Saturday.

Yeah, it was no secret, lol. I just hate promoting all the BS that goes with it.

Anyway, I'm working next Thursday, but I'll be on late for sure. I'll try to get all three days in, so if we don't get together Thurs, maybe Saturday.
hit me up too, im going to bite the bullet and preorder, anyone know any where thats got a decent discount going? its like 140cdn for gold edition :sick:

No sorry I just bought the standard edition on Amazon for $60. A lot of the extras don't really sound that impressive to me. At least not for that extra cash. As much as I love Division I'm not about to part with any extra cash for a couple skins.

No sorry I just bought the standard edition on Amazon for $60. A lot of the extras don't really sound that impressive to me. At least not for that extra cash. As much as I love Division I'm not about to part with any extra cash for a couple skins.

Agreed. I went Gold also, but for the Season Pass. I dont care about the rest.

Season Pass was an extra $40, so either they're trying to cover the cost of their first year of "free DLC", or they have big plans for paid DLC after. If the "free" content ends up being a bunch of fluff, they're going to have a pissed off user base.

I went Ultimate (at a discount) but only because I prefer to have all things from the start & any of the later released ones flow in when issued.

Now to just wait & see. I felt that the Alpha proved itself to me, so I wound up buying it afterwards. Looking forward to the Private & Open Betas.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I bought the Dark Zone Edition but with a discount. I hope I don't regret it, seems like Massive has learned from their mistakes with all the stuff that went down with The Division when it first came out.

Plus that figurine shooting the flare looks cool. :p

Last edited:
I felt that the Alpha proved itself to me, so I wound up buying it afterwards.

I felt the same way, but I also try and remember that Alphas & Betas are used as much for marketing demos as they are server tests. It's not unusual for drop rates, weapon damage and a host of other things to be balanced to make the game 'feel' good, and then get rebalanced for the actual game, especially if microtransactions are a part of the equation.

Personally I think D1 handled microtransactions about as well as any recent game could, and I'm not particularly concerned about D2 at this point. Regardless, we dont know until we know, so keeping the hype in state of "cautious optimism" is always a healthy practice for any of us anxious to play Gamers. :cool:

I'll be interested to see where they take the franchise. If there is going to be any effective anti-cheat or it is just going to be more of the same BS as last time.

I like 21 kilotons take on it:

Marco talking about the game. he is not happy with it, saying many of the same bugs in TD1 are in TD2
also... in terms of endgame... regular game you get 8-10 enemies in a room.... endgame you get 8-10 enemies in the same room... but 4 waves... and each enemy is a bullet sponge, making missions endless
also limited cover... meaning whoever doesn't get in cover gets dropped repeatedly....

A bit off topic but how is the first game for single player only? Its $5 on Steam currently and that seems cheap enough to look into. Is the story/missions worth it when playing SP? Or is it very grindy and really designed for online? I did Borderlands 1/2 offline. Is the first game similar in structure to those?

A bit off topic but how is the first game for single player only? Its $5 on Steam currently and that seems cheap enough to look into. Is the story/missions worth it when playing SP? Or is it very grindy and really designed for online? I did Borderlands 1/2 offline. Is the first game similar in structure to those?

I had a blast with TD1 playing through all of the story content as solo & co-op. I highly recommend getting the version with all DLC included.

It can be grindy but once you get to lvl 30, leveling up gear score is where it gets better IMHO. It's not like Borderlands at all though.

Last edited:
Agreed. The campaign was widely considered one of, if not thee best part of D1. I played it 4 times leveling up each of my characters. For $5 you just cannot go wrong.

More perspective:

Also, a couple tips:
  • If you shoot the belt of an enemies belt fed weapon (LMG), it will jam their weapon.
  • Enemy Snipers can go prone, but have lens flare to give away their position.
  • At the start of the game, after the first group of enemies you face, there is a weapons crate in your path. Make sure you look for it, because it makes the battle for the White House more manageable.
  • Build up those Settlements, they will help unlock new areas / abilities of your BoO.

EDIT: Some decent info I hadn't heard yet:

Last edited:
Sorry for the onslaught of videos, but with the Beta coming up I figured the more learning curve we can get out of the way now, the faster all of us can get into the gameplay.

Also, finally some mouse & keyboard footage. There is a lot of "I need to see a Manager" hairstyles in this one though. Dayum.

Last edited:
Sorry for the onslaught of videos, but with the Beta coming up I figured the more learning curve we can get out of the way now, the faster all of us can get into the gameplay.

Also, finally some mouse & keyboard footage. There is a lot of "I need to see a Manager" hairstyles in this one though. Dayum.

Keep it up. Your diligence facilitates my laziness :D. And they’re good videos.

can someone give a quick overview of the improvements/changes from the first game...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I sure hope the game doesnt have lag like the first game had.

can someone give a quick overview of the improvements/changes from the first game...

Marco can...

apparently mods are going to be more important than ever for builds since they have multiple stats and actual stats don't affect gear performance, and... 50 capacity stash is a thing (for now)

it does not sound like you will be able to store multiple builds like you used to.

Looking much better than the first one - really interested to hear any positivity I can out of the beta to push me towards purchasing this game. I was not a huge fan of the first one, and I bought the ultimate edition or whatever it was - played as long as I could (about a month) and kind of fell off as it didn't feel like there was much to keep me around at that point. I put it towards it being a "first" for the developer in the "MMO" space - longevity is key, so endgame is a must. Hearing they actually have one in this game is a plus.

Back