The Division 2

Edited my previous post with more info (and footage) before I noticed there were new responses. Worth checking out.

I love that you flatten grass as you walk over it, lol. Also cool pockets of survivors will interact with you, maybe even give you missions? Time will tell.

Last edited:
I hope they don't waste the open world after end game like they did in Division 1. After level 30, the open world just felt so abandoned. They created this wonderful landscape but let it wither away.

Everything looks great so far. I just wish they would explain what Shields are. Maybe on Thursday's SOTG.

Okay, so how about a little more thorough break down of what we know so far.

The Premise
  • Game releases on March 15, 2019
  • Sequel set in Washington D.C. seven months after the events of the first game
  • Virus has burned itself out, now the Nation is trying to survive amidst struggle for resources, etc.
  • You are still a Division Agent, but our chain of Command hasn't been talked about yet. We may be independent cells, we may be organized, don't know yet.
  • 1:1 representation of D.C.
Gameplay Mechanics
  • Signature Skills are being replaced by "Specializations", which unlock after reaching Rank 30 (max rank)
  • Specializations are "Sharpshooter", "Demolitionist" & "Survivalist", which include a unique weapon and additional adaptations to Skills
  • Specializations can be changed on the fly, like you Signature Skill can in D1
  • Game designed to be familiar to Division 1 Players, so mechanics will be like what we are accustomed too.
  • There will be considerably more end game content, including "dynamic" events in the open world. We can interact with Survivors and help them reclaim D.C.
  • We can call in NPC's we've helped to be allies in certain fights (such as taking a Checkpoint)
  • "Bullet Sponginess" addressed, still RPG, but time to kill adjusted, and visual cues (i.e.: armor plates you can shoot off)
  • Dark Zone returns, but reworked. Don't know what that means yet.
  • 8 Player RAIDS will be the "most challenging" among end game content
  • Clan support has been added
  • Map 20% larger than Division 1
Expansions
  • There is already a schedule for Year 1 content, which will arrive in 3 Episodes, every 3 months, all of which are Free
  • Each episode will include new story, new areas and new gear

(PC footage using a Controller... who uses a controller on PC? That's like steering a car with a bowl of jello)

There is a Live Stream today and tomorrow (6-12, 6-13) so we should get lots of new info by the end of the week.

Last edited:
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in! This has me interested....I wonder if the Drone from the Demo will make it into the game this time? Or is it actually in Div 1 now?....

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in! This has me interested....I wonder if the Drone from the Demo will make it into the game this time? Or is it actually in Div 1 now?....

It is not in D1, that was meant to be a mobile app that was scraped.

The Drone in Division 2 is one of the Sharpshooter skills. It can be setup to provide UAV or Turret roles (bullet for sure, possibly fire)

Last edited:
Really looking forward to more info and footage. The Division turned out to be one of the best modern gaming purchases I've made despite not touching the game for about 10 months after release. I'm really hoping they apply what they've learned and adjusted from Div1's release into Div2 and they don't go all DICE and take an inexplicable step backwards how they did from Battlefield 4's massive improvements after launch and then...Battlefield 1.

Hopefully Survival is in it again as it worked so, so well for Div1. I'd crap my pants if it took place during a tropical storm/hurricane but without the cold to battle against as well I'm not sure what they can do to craft the same sense of urgency and danger.

Really looking forward to more info and footage. The Division turned out to be one of the best modern gaming purchases I've made despite not touching the game for about 10 months after release. I'm really hoping they apply what they've learned and adjusted from Div1's release into Div2 and they don't go all DICE and take an inexplicable step backwards how they did from Battlefield 4's massive improvements after launch and then...Battlefield 1.

Hopefully Survival is in it again as it worked so, so well for Div1. I'd crap my pants if it took place during a tropical storm/hurricane but without the cold to battle against as well I'm not sure what they can do to craft the same sense of urgency and danger.

Only time will truly tell, but they do have things like time to kill and gear balance pretty nailed down in Division 1 now, so hopefully that will be a good indicator for the starting point of D2. I'm not getting hyped until I can get my hands on the game (registered for Beta), but yes, I am excited as well.

-

On an unrelated note, loving our similar PC builds. Any plans to upgrade in the future? I've thought about it, but until GPU prices get civil again, there's really no point for me. I game mostly, so the 3770 hasn't really been a bottleneck.

Only time will truly tell, but they do have things like time to kill and gear balance pretty nailed down in Division 1 now, so hopefully that will be a good indicator for the starting point of D2. I'm not getting hyped until I can get my hands on the game (registered for Beta), but yes, I am excited as well.

-

On an unrelated note, loving our similar PC builds. Any plans to upgrade in the future? I've thought about it, but until GPU prices get civil again, there's really no point for me. I game mostly, so the 3770 hasn't really been a bottleneck.

I guess the thing that concerns me most is the talk of the specializations being centered around distinct weapons and not skills. That seems really limiting to me but just have to wait to see more, I suppose.

And yeah, I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2700x build since I stream and do youtube vids as well. Having that CPU overhead would take care of my needs for a long time while scoping out the gpu upgrades though DDR4 prices are just as ridiculous. I've run into bottlenecks quite a bit with the 3770k but that should be expected given what I ask of it.

I guess the thing that concerns me most is the talk of the specializations being centered around distinct weapons and not skills. That seems really limiting to me but just have to wait to see more, I suppose.

And yeah, I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2700x build since I stream and do youtube vids as well. Having that CPU overhead would take care of my needs for a long time while scoping out the gpu upgrades though DDR4 prices are just as ridiculous. I've run into bottlenecks quite a bit with the 3770k but that should be expected given what I ask of it.

I think there was a lot of balancing issues & complaints with the Signature Skills in D1, which they are trying to improve on this go around. The specializations supposedly do more than provide a unique super weapon, they add modifiers to skills. Take the Seeker Mine in D1 for example, you could modify it to do bleed damage, go to multiple targets, etc. Similar to that I'm assuming, but they haven't gotten into any of those details yet so it's all speculation at this point.

--

Nice! That should a night and day upgrade for what you're doing, hope it works out for you. I've had an 8700k build on Partpicker for months, but like you and everyone else, am waiting on prices to drop and what next gen GPU's are going to bring.

Some tidbits attentive Players have picked up:

Massive is not allowing any Menus to be shown off yet, but during one of the few that have popped up during hands on it looks at though some sort of Gear Set bonus is applied when 3 pieces of the same set are worn.

Also, instead of have themed names like "Striker" or "Nomad", they have brand names, such as "Overlord Armaments" or "Chinese Light Industries Corp".

Not much is known about Weapon talents, Gear Sets, etc yet, but Reddit user rhythmik83 has begun compiling a list:

Weapon Talents

• Pyromaniac: Damage done to targets on fire is increased by 15% REQUIRES Over +10% Weapon Damage.

• Loaded for Bear (or Lock and Load): Reloading from empty increases weapon damage by 20% for 5 seconds.

• Close and Personal: Kills while close double next shot damage.

• Hemorrhage - Killing a bleeding target increases critical hit chance by 25% for all group members for 10 seconds.
Gear Talents

• Devastating: +5% Weapon Damage

• Insulated: +25% Hazard Protection

• Rapid: 10% skill cooldown reduction
Brand Sets (Brand Sets looks as if having a certain number of gear from the same brand will give stat bonuses; Edit: it also looks as if its all or nothing, meaning if you have 1 piece you activate 1st bonus, 2 pieces gets you the the 1st and 2nd bonus, 3 pieces gets yo all of the bonuses)

• Overlord Armaments: +7.5% Armor Percent Bonus, +5.0% Weapon Damage, +10.0% DTE

• China Light Industries Corporation: +8.0% Shotgun Damage, +10.0% All Resistance, +10.0% Skill Haste

Curious as to how they deal with PvE players and PvP players.

I'm rather optimistic so far. Hopefully endgame doesn't lead them to sacrifice too much on storyline play.

So Marco seems to be happily back to making his break down videos, lol. Some good info here for those planning to put some hours into this game:

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
All summed up all I can do is step back, look this all over, and exclaim: "Wellll....ain't this some shit! ... It's about to get real!" ;)

Do they have a date for the closed beta yet?

Not that I'm aware of. I registered, but haven't heard anything yet.

About to go catch up on all the news I've missed the last couple days, so I'll update if I come up with anything.

There is not a lot really out. Marco said the new map was 75% larger. He was corrected, the devs said it was about 25% larger. There was no obvious dark zone in the shown maps although a wall was apparent in the gameplay. I am hoping they change dark zone to work like survival. You die, people can loot your shit, but they can't kill you. I'd love to see that change. Supers are gone. Instead they have super weapons which slowly regenerate ammo. Health stations/boosters are gone. Now you need to use a medkit which takes a bit of time. It also is what refills armor.

More detail on weapons and gear. Although I think he jumps to some conclusions in this video, so keep in mind we're still 9 months from release and the Devs may not have shown everything in the Demo.

Julian Gerighty said they had 5x the amount of beta sign ups for Div2 than they had for Div1. Insanity. I just hope their servers are improved.
They should go off of hours played in Div 1, reward the loyal players with first access, just my opinion

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
More detail on weapons and gear. Although I think he jumps to some conclusions in this video, so keep in mind we're still 9 months from release and the Devs may not have shown everything in the Demo.

i hope he's wrong with his speculation of them simplifying the game. coming up with new builds and optimizing them for a certain play style is one of the main things that keeps me interested in this game. if, like he wondered about in the video, they simplify it for the 0-30 portion of the game i'm fine with that. as long as the end game brings back the depth.

Some of this is review, but there was some new info for me, along with some clarifications:

As I suspected, the Devs didn't show everything in the Demo. Once rumor started floating around the game may have been simplified, they were quick to correct. So, while we've seen a healthy chunk, there is still a lot we do not know yet. We've only a matter of months now, so Massive is assuring us they will reveal more "soon".

Some of this is review, but there was some new info for me, along with some clarifications:

As I suspected, the Devs didn't show everything in the Demo. Once rumor started floating around the game may have been simplified, they were quick to correct. So, while we've seen a healthy chunk, there is still a lot we do not know yet. We've only a matter of months now, so Massive is assuring us they will reveal more "soon".

Good video summmarizing everything we know to date. I really like marcostyle’s videos.

Play the crap out of the first one. I had a group of 4 guys that played, one wasn't up to par with the rest of the team so we could only beat the first incursion. I soloed most of the open world stuff but teams made it fun. The DZ was dead to me after the second update which broke most of the game with all the hacking.
Div 2 is definitely something i'm looking forward to. Hoping it expands on what they did well with the first one.

Is there going to be an equivalent tech/electronics heavy build in this? I'd love to have seeker mines, turrets, & drones at my disposal.

TD1 was interesting in that given the right weapons and items you can immediately make any build. In TD2 they talk more of skill trees, additionally the specialization weapons also have levels and branches - which are separate between weapons. So I would wonder if they are going to change that philosophy.

i haven't seen anything confirming it but there has to be. skill power builds are really popular in the first game.

After breaking 10K electronics, my talents really chew through mobs. I'm hoping to achieve the same results or better if possible. My issue is if they make it complicated in TD2 & I have to make a mish-mash build that doesn't give me the same results.

Wonder if my 980s will still hold up for this. Really dont want to spend money on new card(s)

Gueess will SLI still be a helpful thing by then.

no way to know for sure but seeing as it works fairly well in the first game, i'm betting it will work alright in the second game too. i haven't upgraded my rig in 2 years so i think i'll upgrade for this game to 1) satisfy the upgrade itch and 2) i could use better performance based on the first game.

Any more new info out? Iv been trying to keep up to date, trying to plan a computer update around this.

Back