The Division 2

The Division 2 will release on the Epic Store, not Steam

Ubisoft and Epic have announced a semi-exclusive partnership for PC game releases...

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-division-2-will-be-on-the-epic-store-not-steam/

so they're hurting their own streaming platform (Uplay) to help another platform?...Uplay exclusive I could understand but not the Epic Store

The mind boggles at this. Well, in a sense this saves me money because I have no desire to link uplay to epic store at this point. I would maybe buy on steam for the various community benefits (forums, screenshot sharing etc.) at usually full cost and uplay is already linked to my steam account. Now I'll just get the game from a key site with the cheapest price which are usually a key activated on uplay.

The mind boggles at this. Well, in a sense this saves me money because I have no desire to link uplay to epic store at this point. I would maybe buy on steam for the various community benefits (forums, screenshot sharing etc.) at usually full cost and uplay is already linked to my steam account. Now I'll just get the game from a key site with the cheapest price which are usually a key activated on uplay.

I wonder if the Epic Store will still force you to connect to Uplay in the same way Steam still uses Uplay for certain Ubisoft games

I wonder if the Epic Store will still force you to connect to Uplay in the same way Steam still uses Uplay for certain Ubisoft games

I would expect so but who knows. I know I'm not going to be the guinea pig, especially for a game I want to play on launch.

Ubisoft revealed the Division 2 system requirements for PC today, laying out four different hardware specs and what sort of performance you can expect from each of them...it also nailed down the game's PC-specific features, including support for uncapped framerates and resolutions, multiscreen and widescreen displays, HDR, variable refresh rates, and a fully customizable interface and HUD...

The Division 2: Minimum system requirements – 1080p | 30 FPS
  • CPU: AMD FX-6350 | Intel Core I5-2500K
  • RAM: 8 GM
  • GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 670
  • VRAM: 2 GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 11 | 12
The Division 2: Recommended system requirements – 1080p | 60 FPS
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X | Intel Core I7-4790
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • GPU: AMD RX 480 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
  • VRAM: 4 GB
The Division 2: High system requirements – 1440p | 60 FPS
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | Intel Core I7-6700K
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • GPU: AMD RX Vega 56 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
  • VRAM: 8 GB
The Division 2: Elite system requirements – 4K | 60 FPS
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Intel Core I9-7900X
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • GPU: AMD Radeon VII | Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 TI
  • VRAM: 11 GB

why is the 2080ti the 'Elite' requirement?...does the game support ray-tracing?...if not, 1080ti should be the recommendation

With my ultrawide setup, I should be able to go with Elite despite the 2080 Ti requirement :cautious:

Hype train getting real now boys. I bet next Thursday, the 17th, is when the embargo gets lifted and we'll get a ton more info, including all the youtubers vids about their experiences with the game at Red Storm and Massive.

Hype train getting real now boys. I bet next Thursday, the 17th, is when the embargo gets lifted and we'll get a ton more info, including all the youtubers vids about their experiences with the game at Red Storm and Massive.

Yeah I’m getting hyped, only a couple months away. I put a ton of hours into The Division. For anyone looking for a similar fix, to fill the time between now and launch, check out Assassins Creed Odyssey. Similar ARPG elements and surprisingly addictive. This is coming from someone that’s not particularly interested in historical time periods or ‘sword combat’ for that matter.

Ubisoft revealed the Division 2 system requirements for PC today, laying out four different hardware specs and what sort of performance you can expect from each of them...it also nailed down the game's PC-specific features, including support for uncapped framerates and resolutions, multiscreen and widescreen displays, HDR, variable refresh rates, and a fully customizable interface and HUD...

that video has turned me around on the game...I was previously on the fence but it looks like they really made the PC version a priority...

I thought all UBI games were on the same engine the Divsion uses something called the snowfall engine while Assassin creed Ghost recon wildands use Anvil next 2.0. I'm going to have to see more gameplay sure the US capital is a good backdrop but not sold on it.

I thought all UBI games were on the same engine the Divsion uses something called the snowfall engine while Assassin creed Ghost recon wildands use Anvil next 2.0. I'm going to have to see more gameplay sure the US capital is a good backdrop but not sold on it.

I believe it's an updated Snowdrop engine but (ironically) I don't see there being snow in TD2. Which is disappointing because for me the the weather in 1 added so much to immersion, especially the white out blizzards. I wonder if they will just roll the effect over into torrential downpours.

I believe it's an updated Snowdrop engine but (ironically) I don't see there being snow in TD2. Which is disappointing because for me the the weather in 1 added so much to immersion, especially the white out blizzards. I wonder if they will just roll the effect over into torrential downpours.

That’s what I’m hoping. Agreed, the weather added a lot to the immersion of The Division.

The Division 2 will release on the Epic Store, not Steam

Ubisoft and Epic have announced a semi-exclusive partnership for PC game releases...

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-division-2-will-be-on-the-epic-store-not-steam/

so they're hurting their own streaming platform (Uplay) to help another platform?...Uplay exclusive I could understand but not the Epic Store

My assumption is there may be some other technology collaboration between the two. Right now Ubisoft uses a host of various in house engines. Perhaps they plan to simplify this long term and use a modified version / fork or UE down the road. If they were simply looking to maximize profits they'd simply sell on Uplay as there is no middle man there and they have a big player base. I assumed Ubisoft would leave Steam this year but didn't think they'd bother getting with another middle man. As mentioned, Ubi has to be getting something from Epic.

I suppose in time we'll know why.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
why is the 2080ti the 'Elite' requirement?...does the game support ray-tracing?...if not, 1080ti should be the recommendation
I'm more confused that they recommend a i9-7900X from Intel for 4K while at the same time recommending only a R7 2700X from AMD. At least with the 2080 Ti you're still getting 25-30% more rasterization performance than a 1080 Ti.

Did anybody receive an email for the closed beta yet? Apparently, according to Reddit, Ubisoft started sending out emails the other day. Haven't received mine yet. :(

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Locked in now, so I'm looking forward to both the closed & open betas to get more experience with the beginning missions.

Yeah unfortunately losing the winter setting changes the immersion entirely. My favorite part of the first Division is the setting itself and when you look at what can be done with it in modes like Survival you really see the potential with excellent weather effects. They can't introduce Survival in the same manner at all because there's just nothing that would have the same threat level. A hurricane would be the only thing, of course, but I wouldn't expect to see that at all because what, flying debris might hurt you or maybe just exposure? I don't know.

Yeah unfortunately losing the winter setting changes the immersion entirely. My favorite part of the first Division is the setting itself and when you look at what can be done with it in modes like Survival you really see the potential with excellent weather effects. They can't introduce Survival in the same manner at all because there's just nothing that would have the same threat level. A hurricane would be the only thing, of course, but I wouldn't expect to see that at all because what, flying debris might hurt you or maybe just exposure? I don't know.

It'll be summer time weather, so fog, rain, thunderstorms (hopefully severe ones in the mix), sunny, cloudy, dusty, etc.

Was hoping for a beta invite but no dice yet, does anyone know the dates on the open beta?

It'll be summer time weather, so fog, rain, thunderstorms (hopefully severe ones in the mix), sunny, cloudy, dusty, etc.

Yes, but as shown in survival, you can be under equipped for the cold in regards to cold resistance. Are you going to be too hot or deal with allergies in the summer? It's just not the same scenario in the slightest so it loses the element of danger and the pressure of dealing cold, infection and dealing with limited resources against suddenly much more dangerous enemies than usual.

What about disease, i.e. dysentery etc. It looks like it takes place in the Summer time with high heat and humidity, a lot of stagnant puddles of water, and plenty of mosquitoes. With just a quick google there was a Washington Post article about a report stating DC is the worst city for mosquitoes. Instead of finding a burning barrel to warm up to you find a citronella candle. Maybe instead of finding warm clothes you find water-resistant or dry clothes.

With just a quick google there was a Washington Post article about a report stating DC is the worst city for mosquitoes.

DC ain't got shit on Florida when it comes to heat, humidity or skeeters during the summer. Seems like the Post might want to consider improving their research.

DC ain't got shit on Florida when it comes to heat, humidity or skeeters during the summer. Seems like the Post might want to consider improving their research.
Freakin' truth. Some of the bugs around here in FL are mutant-sized. Mosquitoes that will practically haul you off and palmetto bugs that you can step on and they simply laugh back at you. :D

Freakin' truth. Some of the bugs around here in FL are mutant-sized. Mosquitoes that will practically haul you off and palmetto bugs that you can step on and they simply laugh back at you. :D

Born and raised in O-Town, 42yrs of skeeters and roaches and all matter of bugs were enough for me, although KY isn't much better.

Born and raised in O-Town, 42yrs of skeeters and roaches and all matter of bugs were enough for me, although KY isn't much better.
I'm up in Pensacola, born and raised. We have some alligators here but nowhere near the amount as down in Central/South FL. Lucky us. :p

Worse is those noseeums. Freakin gnats are way worse than FL skeeters IMO. I can swat a skeeter but those gnats get in your eyes, nose and mouth. Raised in Tampa Bay area.

Worse is those noseeums. Freakin gnats are way worse than FL skeeters IMO. I can swat a skeeter but those gnats get in your eyes, nose and mouth. Raised in Tampa Bay area.

Oh yeah, wrenching on a car sweating your ass off, with those little bastards going up your nose is the worse. Been there done that. Or wrenching on the car in the sand, getting chiggers, sand fleas, skeeters and noseeums, on a 90F evening. Don't miss it at all. Smh.

Reactions: Skott
like this

If AMD paying the bills kept a real PC fork/version alive, then I'm happy but I'm sure NVIDIA cards will tear this game a new one still. I'm still not sold on the gameplay changes in regards to the theory crafting that drove the YT channels (and hardcore gamers) for the first game, but we'll see after launch.

Embargo lifted today, so expect a Youtube explosion. Here's Marco with some DZ info (of course). Mostly good news imo, but still early build.

Official PvP trailer, fairly informative.

Generic / lore PvP trailer

Last edited:
Back