tf2 update will have crafting. lol

awesome, those boots RULE

wish the demo got it, but thats still cool

lol nerfed the scout a bit too

The Sandman now only stuns on a max range hit (when you hear the cheering)

Out of curiousity, I haven't played much TF2, i have a lvl 10 Hunstman bow, what's the difference as you gain weapons of higher levels?

Out of curiousity, I haven't played much TF2, i have a lvl 10 Hunstman bow, what's the difference as you gain weapons of higher levels?

non, I have a lv 1 and a lv 40 huntsman, their the exact same thing, not sure what the levels are for (I alwasy take the lv 40 because its higher though lol)

Using the Huntsman is pretty fun, it takes a lot of skill to use.

I can't seem to get a Jarate or Razorback :(

so annoying

i haven't been playing enough :(

all I play is Pyro or Sniper, even though ironically my highest points and kills total have been with the engineer and medic

all I play is Pyro or Sniper, even though ironically my highest points and kills total have been with the engineer and medic
It's actually not uncommon to score high as a medic or engy. While as medic, you get points for assists and I believe also for healing, and as engy, you get points for sentry kills and teleports, in addition to your own kills. (I play engy most of the time, since my team often needs one and I've learned a few tricks)

Fcking chaos, Went into a 32 man server and almost everyone was a soldier...The horn is great though

Good news is I was getting drops every time I died, Oh how I love Valve after class updates...Servers crash when they cycle (Windows servers) every one gets like 2-3 unlocks every time they die

Using the Huntsman is pretty fun, it takes a lot of skill to use.

I can't seem to get a Jarate or Razorback :(

so annoying

i haven't been playing enough :(

The Razorback is useless. A good spy will just headshot the sniper with his pistol if the sniper is using a razorback.

Many problems connecting to Steam's TF2 item server. Can't access items earned or the backpack- or you're stuck with the items you're carrying and can't change. No crafting either.

Gonna try tomorrow.

I have all three soldier stuff and it rocks!! Direct Hit is awesome.

Still need to get those boots though.

Nice update. Love playing as Demo and Soldier so this will be fired up plenty over my 3 week Xmas break ;)

Thanks Valve!

Can you rocket jump with the Direct Hit?

Yup. I've done it a few times, unless I was imagining hah.
Also, the Direct hit is UBER fast. It's like the RA3 rocket or maybe the UT rocket speed ish. A bit slower but in a game like TF2 its pretty damn fast.

The sword is perfectly balanced. And yes this is a normal server, no mods, and the rest of the other team raged.

357pw0h.jpg

Oh it is SO on. I was waiting for the initial rush to die down before I got my Demo on but if the sword is owning like that I gotta get my time in before it's rebalanced.

Cant wait to go play, damn work!

How fast/far is the charge?

Very fast and pretty far, and close the to end you get a minicrit and even closer you get a full crit. It does take some space to do, but when you're running around with 210 HP, getting healed from kills, and all that resistance to fire and explosive damage you're damn near invincible. Still kinda hard to kill heavies and Natasha and airblasts will stop your charge.

lol played for way too long last night :D a bit sleepy today

Didn't unlock any new weapons, but did play the crap out of the new level (doublecross). I like it alot. Similar to 2Fort but with new scenery and floor plans :D

haven't played doublecross yet it looks good, but same here im way tired haha played forever but didnt get anything :( the new gorge map is fast and fun! I was owning with the bow last night

Man, Valve/TF2 puts out such great updates:

I was pulling for the demo the whole, but do not even care anymore. (Although I wonder if a demo would have gotten boots for sticky jumping?)

The new weapons look great, and I am excited to get them and try them out!

Yea I think this is the best update yet! I don't know why but I've been addicted to this game ever since it came out and every time they release an update It fuels teh fires

Well, the only real problem I had with the game is I like playing support classes, but even with a solid 40 hours a week playing back when I played a lot, you'd only ever find someone who knew how to properly be supported once every 10th game or so. When you did find them though, damn, good times!

Is anyone else having trouble running achievement managers after this update? FFFUUUUUuuu....

Wow people will really complain about anything on this forum.

Valve just keeps adding more and more cool stuff to a cheap pay once game, and people complain that it makes the game to complicated/bloated. Youd be complaining if they hadn't patched it in years too.

TF2 is what a multiplayer FPS should be, constantly getting new stuff added into it to keep it interesting! Valve has gone way way over the top for a game that likely isn't making much money anymore as most pc gamers that play fps have it. We could only be so lucky if every fps got this much attn from its devs!

IMO ofc. TF2 is my fav fps since... TF1! Its not the slow tactical type, its just the fun jump in blow people up, with a lot of little bits of strategy and creativity thrown in. Very few fps hold my attention for years on end, but I play tf2 fairly frequently even after owning it for years. Its one of the few other games besides wow that I play regularly.

Im thankful valve is one of the few pc game studios left that actually cares about their players beyond the first few months when they are making their fortune off it, thanks Valve :)

Very fast and pretty far, and close the to end you get a minicrit and even closer you get a full crit. It does take some space to do, but when you're running around with 210 HP, getting healed from kills, and all that resistance to fire and explosive damage you're damn near invincible. Still kinda hard to kill heavies and Natasha and airblasts will stop your charge.

Yeah, perhaps the community just needs to adapt to the new playstyle, but my first reaction is this is ridiculous. I think both the Charge distance and speed need to be lowered... drastically. I'm OK with the shield resistance, melee needs it. But basically being able to instantly be ontop of the other team is quite overpowered. Plus you speed up after you've killed or hit someone with the sword? I'd tone that down too. Oh well, guess I'll play more Huntsman or Scout, easy demo kills :D

I love how Valve keeps pumping out free updates, but this is like a whole new game.

Last edited:
Wow people will really complain about anything on this forum.

Valve just keeps adding more and more cool stuff to a cheap pay once game, and people complain that it makes the game to complicated/bloated. Youd be complaining if they hadn't patched it in years too.

TF2 is what a multiplayer FPS should be, constantly getting new stuff added into it to keep it interesting! Valve has gone way way over the top for a game that likely isn't making much money anymore as most pc gamers that play fps have it. We could only be so lucky if every fps got this much attn from its devs!

IMO ofc. TF2 is my fav fps since... TF1! Its not the slow tactical type, its just the fun jump in blow people up, with a lot of little bits of strategy and creativity thrown in. Very few fps hold my attention for years on end, but I play tf2 fairly frequently even after owning it for years. Its one of the few other games besides wow that I play regularly.

Im thankful valve is one of the few pc game studios left that actually cares about their players beyond the first few months when they are making their fortune off it, thanks Valve :)

I've said it before and I guess I'll have to say it again. I'm all for adding content and updating the game. But adding shit that's just down right retard and creates imbalances is just pointless.

When they release a patch the game is just a clusterfuck for weeks. They usually throw in a free weekend so that makes it even worse. The newly added weapons create new issues and imbalances. After a little while they fix some tweaks and overpowered-ness and all seems well in the world. But then they go ahead and repeat the whole process.

What you also have to keep in mind is just like everything else in this world, there will be people who like it, and people who hate it. You can't please everything. People have an absolute right to complain. They paid for and enjoyed one thing, then the company goes ahead and changes it to something they don't like.

I agree. I now wish the patch never happened. A team full of 10 soldiers every server is ridiculous. Soldier is my favourite but killing three people then having to dodge 15 rockets does not = fun.

It will die down like it always does. Sure its pretty hard to play Demo and Soldier with so many around and then there's the free weekend players.

But from what I've seen though, no one is watching out for pyros and subsequently pyros that aren't actually charging straight at people are owning. Onoz! Ambush Pyros! Same for Spies until the opposing team gets paranoid and starts giving up their soldiers for pyros.

I've seen a lack of medics and engineers so I usually have to end up playing them. :(

Play on servers with class caps if you really get upset about it. I found a few servers on the main list that had barely any demos or soldiers playing.

Play on servers with class caps if you really get upset about it. I found a few servers on the main list that had barely any demos or soldiers playing.

Yeah, its actually pretty hard. Most servers I find nowadays have no class caps at all :/.

Equalizer is funny.

I killed 5 people in a row with 30 hp left... dunno why they didn't kill me.

Equalizer is funny.

I killed 5 people in a row with 30 hp left... dunno why they didn't kill me.

Because the speed bonus on both the soldier and the demo melee weapons are ridiculous and need to be taken out.

The more Valve adds to this game, the more I think they're just using it as a testbed for some kind of HL first-person MMO game. Crafting? Hats? New weapons with levels? Creating storyline for each character? Seriously, if I wanted that, I'd just go play WoW or some other MMORPG.

The bottom line is they took a popular game series and concept (QWTF, TF, TFC) and can't stop manipulating the game mechanics and dynamics to leave well enough alone. Yeah, free content is nice, but when I bought the game as part of the Orange Box preorder, I didn't expect it nor did I feel it was necessary.

The more Valve adds to this game, the more I think they're just using it as a testbed for some kind of HL first-person MMO game. Crafting? Hats? New weapons with levels? Creating storyline for each character? Seriously, if I wanted that, I'd just go play WoW or some other MMORPG.

The bottom line is they took a popular game series and concept (QWTF, TF, TFC) and can't stop manipulating the game mechanics and dynamics to leave well enough alone. Yeah, free content is nice, but when I bought the game as part of the Orange Box preorder, I didn't expect it nor did I feel it was necessary.

What is wrong with crafting and hats? Do you complain about games like Modern Warfare that give you different colo camo skins on your guns? I don't see why anyone would complain about hats :confused:

Creating the "Meet the ____" are fun, and don't effect the game in anyway either, what is there to complain about. :confused:

And you're complaining about new levels? Seriously? :confused:

Getting new weapons is awesome, just this round's were overpowered.

I make a comment that doesn't agree with your opinion, and immediately it's complaining? I was simply making an observation. And the levels I was referring to were the weapon levels, whose use I assume will be revealed in some later update.

When I want to play Team Fortress, that's what I want to play; not some niche game trying to be something else.

Im kinda pissed off that I deleted all my inventory dupes a month or two back because it was full and getting irritating having to delete stuff when they only allowed 1 tab of crap.

Now for opinions on the new stuff, can't comment on crafting don't have enough stuff to risk trying it.

Eyelander - It feels slower than most melee weapons, the head count bonus from it usually never helps me any. It either wears off before I kill another guy or I die shortly after killing someone with it.

Targe - I notice that I don't die as quickly when Im on fire, but overall I don't notice it's defenses doing a whole lot for me overall. The charge is useful to avoid being sniped and stuff. But I don't find that Im able to jump or steer (which Im assuming is the way it's supposed to be) so you're a pretty easy target to follow since you can't deviate from your path once you charge. Overall I like it, but since it replaces stickies you're at a big disadvantage when it comes to ammo...your grenade launcher doesn't have much of a pool of ammo.

The new sticky gun, whatever it's name is. I don't know if Im not used to it or using it poorly, but I find that the new sticky gun isn't really any kind of boost over the regular sticky. You can't airburst with it really, you can't throw a couple down for a quick kill because usually the delay on them arming will only allow one to go off....or you might not have all of them "highlighted" when you detonate. It feels like it needs a little tweaking to me...maybe more grenades chambered so you can throw more of a spread without reloading as much.

Direct hit - Awesome, if you miss it basically does no damage most the time. But if you hit, it'll most likely be dead. Lot of people on a team using these is like constant stream of fast moving rockets, hard to dodge.

Banner - It only seems to work when the bar is full, I'd prefer if you could use it anytime but the duration of it would depend on your bar fullness. Lot of times where you need just a little more rage, but die before you get it. Plus the activation of this thing is pretty long, it's like eatting a sandvich with no bonuses until it's finished....you're kind of a sitting duck when you use it.

Equalizer - It's only really effective when you're hurt, using it at full health usually takes a couple whacks to kill something. But it's good when you're hurt and low on ammo can hoof it back real quick to resupply.

And Im guessing the new soldier boots are drop only, saw someone get a pair. I don't think it's awarded for any achievements or anything....don't have em so can't comment.

After all this time, since the hats have been out. I've been rewarded with one hat..and it was the halloween mildly whatever mask...aside from the the cheater one and the Z.M. halloween hat you could earn via achieves.

So given that I never get hats, Im not sure how the crafting system is beneficial to me.

And, what about the trade system they were supposed to put in...I guess the new craft system has replaced it?

Atleast you've been awarded with an actual hat. The only ones I got is the L4D2 preorder hat and the gibus -- which is easy to get. Oh, and the cheaters lament.

Back