tf2 update will have crafting. lol

I agree functionality bugs should be supported for free- the software *should* work. But what about hacks, cheats and exploits? Or driver compatability fixes? I don't think we're entitled to those fixes for free. Like computer viruses, those things are changing all the time.

Yikes. Some people bend over without even being asked to.

Maybe they just don't like the way the updates are going or the content. How about I take a free dump on the driver seat of your car? How would you like that?

On that note I like almost all of the weapons and updates but I think there are some balancing issues and bugs that should receive higher priority than new content.
I'm not sure how this is relevant. I did say they added new content without changing the core game play just as another poster noted. Taking a free dump on my car changes the core dynamics of my car now doesn't it....

Regardless of how much you hate the Kritzkrieg, or the Fire Axe, all of these new items add a new dimension to the gameplay. They add new challenges, and new rewards for completing those challenges. Now, I'll see pyros set me on fire then crit kill me with the axe. Fair game. Other pyros just spam. Now, I'll see spies that move a little at a time, waiting for their Cloak and Dagger to regenerate. Fair game. You won't be doing as much in your secrecy, but your secrecy may let you get deeper into my defenses, and into the perfect strike position before you attack. There are no "lame" items, although if you don't know how to deal with them (dead ringer, for instance), they may seem pretty lame. You just have to try some different things.

i love setting spies on fire, I play the Pyro and Sniper the most, I have a lot of fun with them.

Sniper is really fun when you feel like you're really in the zone, Pyro is fun because you can play it multiple ways.

Of course nothing beats axing someone, there's just something to be said for that :p

I'm not sure how this is relevant. I did say they added new content without changing the core game play just as another poster noted. Taking a free dump on my car changes the core dynamics of my car now doesn't it....

Not really, your car still works pretty the same you just have to sit in a big steaming pile while you drive it.

Ok, I have to admit. That new soldier weapon is hot. Finally I can own with rockets with precise aiming!

I'll bet any amount of money that the new rocket launcher gets nerfed within a week, 2 weeks tops

All classes complain about all classes.
Enjoy the game or quit playing.

I have played very few other FPS's that were more balanced that TF2, and 4-5 years after its release they are still releasing free updates...

Why is anyone crying?

I'll bet any amount of money that the new rocket launcher gets nerfed within a week, 2 weeks tops

Probably, but within those 2 weeks, I will pwn so much face.

@ ivandurago, the game came out 2007 AFAIK.

Not really, your car still works pretty the same you just have to sit in a big steaming pile while you drive it.
Come on you cant compare someone dumping ass in my car to adding new content to a game. You can choose to ignore the new content if you are so inclined, and the new content isn't a deal breaker to core values. Who could ignore smelly crap in my car? Someone who has lost their sense of smell?

Regardless of how much you hate the Kritzkrieg, or the Fire Axe, all of these new items add a new dimension to the gameplay. They add new challenges, and new rewards for completing those challenges. Now, I'll see pyros set me on fire then crit kill me with the axe. Fair game. Other pyros just spam. Now, I'll see spies that move a little at a time, waiting for their Cloak and Dagger to regenerate. Fair game. You won't be doing as much in your secrecy, but your secrecy may let you get deeper into my defenses, and into the perfect strike position before you attack. There are no "lame" items, although if you don't know how to deal with them (dead ringer, for instance), they may seem pretty lame. You just have to try some different things.

I completely agree. TF2 manages to stay fun and fresh, love it.

Also, NEW MERCH: http://store.valvesoftware.com/tf2/

The Fan Kits, Saxton Hale postcards, and iPhone skins are very cool.

TF2 is so heartwarming. Especially those Christmas Cards. When I think of how Valve and the Community have embraced this game it brings a tear to my eye.

Now back to your regularly scheduled flamefest...

TF2 is so heartwarming. Especially those Christmas Cards. When I think of how Valve and the Community have embraced this game it brings a tear to my eye.

Now back to your regularly scheduled flamefest...

<3 Valve

The new weapons aren't upgrades at all, they can't be more powerful than the old ones. That makes ut unbalanced for people who don't have them, they're just more useful in certain situations. And all have some sort of major drawback.

I tend to find myself going back to the default weapons though as they're usually the best over-all weapons.

The core game isn't changed at all, it's just got a lot of new content/variables added to it, but in the end it's still the same game. You can completely ignore all the new content and still get essentially the same experience.

Oh noes using the new rocket launcher means risking my "shootingthefloorraiser" reputation.
Btw those extra 100k kills demos achived are scary, they are closing the par, wish i could contribute to the war but my burned VC is still wating for a replacement :(

Last edited:
Now soldiers can harass snipers and predictable double jump path scouts with ease!

I applaud this new weapon even though I'm on the Demo side.

Now soldiers can harass snipers and predictable double jump path scouts with ease!

You known not everything has to counter everything else. That's not balance.

Soldiers have always taken potshots into the battlements to keep snipers off themselves or the team. The new wep will just make it easier(or harder) depending on your aim and leading sense.

Also a scout with a predictable jump path, "oh hurr I'll double jump straight at this soldier!", deserves to be hard countered.

Soldiers have always taken potshots into the battlements to keep snipers off themselves or the team. The new wep will just make it easier(or harder) depending on your aim and leading sense.

Also a scout with a predictable jump path, &quot;oh hurr I'll double jump straight at this soldier!&quot;, deserves to be hard countered.

Please. I can take out a soldier with plenty of time to move out the way of his rocket. Never have I been drastically hindered by soldier spam when sniping. A sniper's counter-class is not, and should not, be a soldier.

Guess it would depend on the stage. Tossing normal rockets up into the tight battlements sections of say stage 1 Goldrush would prove more effective than the wide ones on 2fort.

Of course, just like you say, a sniper can easily just sidestep the rocket, if they see it coming, whether it comes from the normal launcher or the Direct Hit.

As I said before though, anything that makes the classes I hate have a hard time is alright with me. :p

Oh shit. I totally forgot.

I wonder how insane some of the new achievements will be.

Please. I can take out a soldier with plenty of time to move out the way of his rocket. Never have I been drastically hindered by soldier spam when sniping. A sniper's counter-class is not, and should not, be a soldier.

And how does this new weapon change that?
You have a little less time to move out of the way, but you don't have to move as far to avoid the splash damage. I don't see this affecting snipers much at all, nor do I really think it's designed to.
If anything the larger splash damage of the existing rockets is better for suppressing snipers as the it forces them to move further away from their perch to avoid damage.

This seems a lot more about letting the solider pick on individual targets at medium range while reducing his effectiveness against fast moving targets up close and against large groups where the splash damage really counts. Which is good as the demo man is already more effective at dealing splash damage to groups. Even with the speed boost, I think rockets will be fairly easy for scouts/snipers/medics to doge.

I'm thinking it may actually be more useful in close range. Since the blast radius is small and the rocket is faster I'd think more soldiers would be willing to fire it instead of the shotty when a fast moving enemy is closing in.

You wouldn't have to lead as much and with the smaller radius you have less of a chance of taking damage from the blast yourself.

I wonder if rocket jumping would be affected by use of the Direct Hit.

And how does this new weapon change that?
You have a little less time to move out of the way, but you don't have to move as far to avoid the splash damage. I don't see this affecting snipers much at all, nor do I really think it's designed to.
If anything the larger splash damage of the existing rockets is better for suppressing snipers as the it forces them to move further away from their perch to avoid damage.

This seems a lot more about letting the solider pick on individual targets at medium range while reducing his effectiveness against fast moving targets up close and against large groups where the splash damage really counts. Which is good as the demo man is already more effective at dealing splash damage to groups. Even with the speed boost, I think rockets will be fairly easy for scouts/snipers/medics to doge.

You have to read and comprehend before posting. Rift said he or his teammates (whatever) fire long range at snipers often to "keep them off the team." I was stating how that's not effective and part of their design. I never really stated the new weapons would change this.

You have to read and comprehend before posting. Rift said he or his teammates (whatever) fire long range at snipers often to "keep them off the team." I was stating how that's not effective and part of their design. I never really stated the new weapons would change this.

And you concluded with 'A sniper's counter-class is not, and should not, be a soldier.'
Implying, at least to me, since you were commenting on the use of the new rocket launcher, that's what you thought valve was trying to do.

The updates just add a little bit more to the game, I honestly don't understand why people bitch complain and moan so much. If they drop the ball they will quickly pick it up and patch it. Valve is top notch for awesomeness! I have loved every update. And although I don't use many of the new items (usually just 1 per class) I find them fun and it gives you something to do with the achievements as well. Honestly I love these updates. the crazier and more awesome TF2 gets the happier I am.

I'm really waiting to see just how fast the direct hit looks in-game. I'm wondering why they mention the mini-crits on airborne targets. Other than double-jumping scouts, who is gonna be airborne?

I'm really waiting to see just how fast the direct hit looks in-game. I'm wondering why they mention the mini-crits on airborne targets. Other than double-jumping scouts, who is gonna be airborne?

People who like to jump around.

I loved it when it came out. I even loved it with the first set of updates, where they were just expanding maps and characters.

Now we're fucking collecting hats? And have an inventory? And picking up random guns? And... WTF?

ghey. I quit playing a while back, not planning on returning. I'll stick with L4D2 and Nazi Zombies.

I loved it when it came out. I even loved it with the first set of updates, where they were just expanding maps and characters.

Now we're fucking collecting hats? And have an inventory? And picking up random guns? And... WTF?

ghey. I quit playing a while back, not planning on returning. I'll stick with L4D2 and Nazi Zombies.

When's the last time you played? I've been playing on and off since 2007, and you aren't forced to collect anything. The players aren't even finding the items, they just randomly show up as a byline after you die. I.e. playing normally, die - and you have a random chance of finding item x. That item could be a new weapon, new hat, new whatever. Thing is you aren't doing anything differently that just playing the game as you normally would.

Maybe you should actually play the game before spouting off nonsese.

If a soldier shoots at you and you jump, you will take less damage. This is great to do in certain areas with low ceilings, but it also means they can bounce you up in the air by shooting at your feet. I do this all the time when playing a soldier. Shoot at feet, then blast them in the air.

I think the new rocket will be awesome, I'm interested to try it out.

Yeah, is the update implemented yet? I haven't touched TF2 since the WAR update kinda screwed up the gameplay for me.

If a soldier shoots at you and you jump, you will take less damage. This is great to do in certain areas with low ceilings, but it also means they can bounce you up in the air by shooting at your feet. I do this all the time when playing a soldier. Shoot at feet, then blast them in the air.

Ah, Juggling. Honestly, I think Juggling is what the Rocket Launcher(in any Quake or Unreal-style FPS's, at least) was made for. Once someone's in the air, they're yours.

Back