tf2 update will have crafting. lol

I don't know if this unlock is as godly as you state.

You have to hit a person dead on to do real damage. If you are good at that, then good for you, if you like to hit people with splash damage, keep the original RL.

You have to hit a person dead on to do real damage. If you are good at that, then good for you, if you like to hit people with splash damage, keep the original RL.

Yeah, I would like both. But being able to finally aim the person down with more precision is what I've always wanted, brings back memories of Quake 3, haha.

Your logic would be sound if not for the fact that the new rockets are now 80% faster which is what makes it so godly. If the rocket had retained its original velocity then there would be a good argument for using both weapons. Not that I'm complaining cause I love soldiers :D

The new rocket launcher only does 25% more damage on buildings (destructive force) and not people doesn't it? and mini crits on airshots

Looks like they are going towards that direction, the direct hit will point-blank one-shot any 125hp class and the mini-crit will one-shot medics. I've taken a keen eye in seeing how the 6v6 community handles this.

They're the reason Sandman Scout lost 30HP right?
Thats about the only change I really didn't like, it makes the Scout significantly easier to die in pubs (which is all I care about)

They're the reason Sandman Scout lost 30HP right?
Thats about the only change I really didn't like, it makes the Scout significantly easier to die in pubs (which is all I care about)

true, but nothing can stop an uber in it's tracks better than the sandman :D it's a fair tradeoff imo

New sticky launcher, 16 stickys, you can detonate single groups by looking at them instead of blowing all 16 at once

the solder gets a bugle that when charged gives anyone around him mini crits for 14 seconds (14 seconds as of release because I'm sure it'll get narfed)

edit...
IMO the solder got the long stick this time around

rocket launcher that mini crits when you hit players that are in midair, the rockets move faster
a bugle that gives anyone around you mini crits for 14 seconds (it charges when you take damage)
a pickaxe that makes you run faster when you are hurt (has to be out)
the soldiers taunt kill is a grenade suicide

The demo got a sword/shield, a pretty cool sounding sticky launcher and maybe the 4th weapon if he wins the "war"

Last edited:
^ +1. IDK about crafting, but I'm stoked for the new demo/soldier updates, and valve is good about balance so I've no reason to doubt them here. I really like this game, and I feel like it has only improved as it has been expanded. Bottom line is it's the most fun you can have with an internet connection (yes, even including that... *other* type of internet fun) and that will remain true no matter what Valve does to it.

Omg! Godly stuff for soldier.

Also:

Spray of Defeat
Use a grenade to gib a player.

That's probably a taunt he has though.

Random question, but did they change how uber works with the new medigun? I was ubering people the other day but we'd still take damage. It was really weird. We'd be shiny by we'd still die. I don't really keep up with all these updates so I'm not sure if something changed.

buff+14 heavy's, Red, beginning of Dustbowl stage 3

The grenade is a taunt kill btw, confirmed by a Valve employee....You can't throw them

Random question, but did they change how uber works with the new medigun? I was ubering people the other day but we'd still take damage. It was really weird. We'd be shiny by we'd still die. I don't really keep up with all these updates so I'm not sure if something changed.

Did you use the kritskrieg?

That doesn't make you invincible... it gives the guy you give it to 100% crits... So for a soldier that can be some devastation, but you're more vunerable.

I'm impressed with the Soldier Updates even though I was pulling for Demo. Very impressed. That Bugle sounds fucking awesome. A soldier giving up his shotty may be a bit tough to do but man, thats fucking awesome.

Looks like Demomen got alot more area denial. We could hold up in corridors with the Eyelander/Targe combo just waiting for anyone to peek their head around the corner or hold on to two entrances of an area now with the Resistance. Unfortunately I'm betting that the clip size wasn't increased.

I was really hoping for a replacement for the main launcher though. Maybe if Demo's pull out a win they'll get something that replaces it.

I wonder how many kills it takes for the bugle to charge up

Sword + shield on demo, it said you have a charge? Wonder what that is like. I love playing offensive demo-man, so that might be pretty great for when a pyro or scout gets up on me. :D

Mainly I'm just excited about the two first Soldier updates though. Pure win.

edit: A single Demo will be able to hold down like, all of 2fort with that new sticky gun. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
so are these new updates already in game? Can we start unlocking the new weapons yet?

Ragenrok: I haven't seen my TF2 update, so I don't think so.

I'm guessing the finale is tonight, and the 4th weapon released and then tomorrow the patch comes out in sync with the free weekend.

This is the best update evarrrrrrrrr. Equalizer sounds fun and the banner seems decent for breaking turtle-defense but I don't think I could give up my shotty for it. New sticky launcher is uber.

This update turned out to be a pretty fair imo. Soldier probably came out ahead for good players while demo got a lot more annoying in pubs.

I can't wait for the Soldier update. Finally can aim down people with soldier much faster. Time to start getting some points!

Hmm I've been thinking. What implications could this have for the classes that aren't demo/soldier?

Pyro, for example.

On the soldier side, Air blasting Direct Hit rockets could prove to be much harder, both in reflecting and actually damaging an enemy with the reflect(smaller explosion radius). If a soldier is caught unaware the Equalizer could possibly pull his ass out of the fire(pun, lulz). I'm not exactly a seasoned Soldier player though so there may be alot more strats that could be used with the new kit. Also, straight charging Pyros would most likely be obliterated by the Direct Hit.

Then there's the Demo. A pyro would have to bait twice for sticky traps if the demo was using a Resistance. Even worse the demo could just set the traps vertically so when one the lower decoy one is detonated the upper one takes out the target as he closes in. This is assuming the demo was allowed time to setup though. A pyro catching a Resistance demo unaware would most likely be able to end him no problem due to increased det time on the stickies. Sure the demo could use his Primary but he stands a high chance of simply killing himself.

Then theres the Targe/Eyelander combo to look out for. Its not known whether a pyro Airblast can stop or divert the path of a charging demo, atleast not yet. Then theres the Explosion and Fire resistance. A backburner pyro caught head up may actually have a hard fight against a demo using that combo. Thats not even counting the fact that he'll still have his primary launcher to use. I'm unsure whether the Eyelander would have a range increase in comparison to the bottle either though. It may prove more effective to go with the Targe/Bottle, who knows?

Even with that though, an airblast pyro with the Axtinguisher could most likely best an Eyelander/Targe demo.

Anyone have any speculation to add?

Riftsaw: I've been thinking about what it will mean for the Heavy.

The new Soldier rockets will be pretty damn devastating towards the heavy. But also you might have more people trying to melee the heavy down, so unless that Demo charge is ridiculously far and fast, he should be able to mow down no problem. Also, a H-M team with minicrits from the bugle thing will be rape.

Heavies need a weapons update.

So let me get this straight, whoever wins gets another weapon on top of the new gear update? That's pretty sweet.

They should call it a tie and give them both a 4th weapon. Maybe an actual firearm instead a bugle and sword/shield since these two classes are the primary assault classes of the game.

Now we can see some pro rocket jump bank shots.

Then laugh as the soldier performing them is shot out of the air by an enemy soldier using the Direct Hit.

As much as I was pulling for Demoman. GG Soldiers.

Back