Steam Sale...Jeebus!!!

Yeah, that's how GTA IV works. It is a PITA, it takes about 20 minutes to sign up for everything if you don't have any of it already.

Just bought Dawn of War 2, Titan quest and immortal throne, and braid for $32. Probably gon be gettin a 5870 soon.

If you buy GTA 4 via Steam, then do you have to launch Steam, which will in turn launch the Rockstar Social Club, which will in turn launch Games For Windows Live? Kind of annoying, if you ask me.

well for mp yeah, but for sp you can bypass all that with xliveless, it will load straight to the title menu. look it up on gta forums, just a single dll that you drop into the game folder.

One feature of Steam that isn't mentioned too often: Some games are supporting saved games in the Steam "Cloud". Have Steam on two machines? It'll sync your saved games for you - nice if you're on the run on a laptop a lot.

For me, I forgot to save the savegame files after a reformat. I was about 15 hours into fallout3 and wasn't motivated to start all over - but imagine my surprise when I downloaded it again and had the "continue" button in the main menu! :) Lifesaver.

I've bought torchlight, braid, and last remnant last week. I'd be all over borderlands and witcher too, but currently still looking for employment...and just finished buying Christmas presents. *fingers crossed* Heh, I guess I'll just have to wait for the sales next year.

New games are up.

Battlefield 2: Complete Collection (Already have on disc)
Red Faction Guerrilla (Already played on 360)
King's Bounty: Armored Princess (Not all that interested)
Elf Bowling: Hawaiian Vacation (WTF)
Cogs (Not really into puzzles)
Resident Evil™ 5 (Already played on 360)

I still haven't bought any games that were on the day-only specials yet, guess I'll for the next special.

I bought Red Faction Guerrilla for $20.00 the other day now it's down to $9.99:(

I just picked up NBA 2k10 for $13.99..I hope Ninja Blade drops under $10 as I wanna try that one out.

New games are up.

Battlefield 2: Complete Collection (Already have on disc)
Red Faction Guerrilla (Already played on 360)
King's Bounty: Armored Princess (Not all that interested)
Elf Bowling: Hawaiian Vacation (WTF)
Cogs (Not really into puzzles)
Resident Evil™ 5 (Already played on 360)

I still haven't bought any games that were on the day-only specials yet, guess I'll for the next special.

Yeah I was waiting for next set of games, saw these and was like WTF IS THIS SHIT. ELF BOWLING.

Just bought a Battlefield 2. Always wanted to try it, now its the time to do so.

Red Faction Guerilla is the only major deal there. For ten dollars anybody who doesn't already own it, and has the system to run it, should buy it.

Note though that a patch was just released two days ago, which now prevents a lot of us from even playing the game (or rather, you can play, but you can't save your game, which amounts to the same thing). I don't know if a workaround has been discovered yet or not, but when I went to play I couldn't.

I got these 2.;)

Battlefield 2 7.49 USD
King's Bounty: Armored Princess 9.99 USD
Subtotal 17.48 USD
Tax 0.00 USD
Shipping 0.00 USD

I can't stop buying these sale games!!!!!!

LOL

So far I've bought every game studio pack and just bought RE 5 and BF2 complete pack, even though I already had the DVD's.

Mike211: You really don't need to post what you bought in both steam threads....speaking of which, you really like posting what you bought don't you? :p

what do you guys think about stalker for 5 bucks? good game?

One of the all time classic PC exclusives and you would be remiss not to have played it.

I happen to think it is one of the masterpieces of PC gaming. When it was released it was a broken masterpiece to be sure, but now, a must play and it plays very well. The mod scene is incredible. I suggest that you play through at least once on vanilla with the latest patch (which Steam of course provides) and then try Stalker Complete 2009 and also Oblivion Lost. After that you can try a mod called Priboi Story.......etc. etc.

It is an open world fps with rpg elements. It is very difficult in the early stages and some people don't make it very far. Those who give it the time and perserverance it needs are rewarded with one of the greatest PC games ever.

imho

Ugh, I'm seriously on the fence about the eidos pack:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2687/

I'm aware that I probably won't play (or even install) half those games, but batman AA and a couple others make it worth it alone money wise... I'm just not sure if I want to plunk $50 after I bought so many other games as well... Anyone have strong recommendations about any of the other games in the pack?

I bought the Eidos pack last night even though I already have 6 of the games. Started to install Project Snowblind around midnight. It was slow going so I went to bed thinking it would finish overnight....lol, at 94% right now :eek: Did manage to get DeusEx loaded in about an hour this AM..

Ugh, steam servers are crawling (<100kb/s... usually close to 1 mb/s) and GTA4 being 15gb isn't helping things. I have more uninstalled / undownloaded games than installed ones now.

EDIT: Quick tip... set the preferred server to Canada and it'll speed things up considerably. The US servers are heavily overloaded at the moment.

Last edited:
Mike211: You really don't need to post what you bought in both steam threads....speaking of which, you really like posting what you bought don't you? :p
Hey, the guy's excited. Doesn't hurt anything, really ;)

un-frick'n real! i already got too many games to play! ARGH!

Ditto. Right now in my "I want to play this" list is:

Far Cry
Far Cry 2
Stalker: SoC
Riddick: DA
Mirror's Edge
Batman: AA
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men

There are probably also several others I can't think of off of the top of my head. Damn you Steam! :p

I bought Red Faction Guerrilla for $20.00 the other day now it's down to $9.99:(

Hate it when that happens. Look on the bright side though, since you paid more I'm sure you'll really play the shit out of it to get your money's worth! :p

I'm about to start on my second round of purchases. So far I've got GTA IV, Ghostbusters, and Painkiller Black for just under $20.

Now I think I'm going to pick up Red Faction: G, Killing Floor, and possibly a couple of indie games. I'm thinking Braid and Mechanarium.

I just picked up NBA 2k10 for $13.99..I hope Ninja Blade drops under $10 as I wanna try that one out.

I hadn't heard of Ninja Blade before but it seems interesting from the pictures. I just watched some gameplay video for it and it seems like a DMC type game which I can see myself enjoying. If it drops under $10 I'll get it too, thanks :D

I bought the Eidos pack last night even though I already have 6 of the games. Started to install Project Snowblind around midnight. It was slow going so I went to bed thinking it would finish overnight....lol, at 94% right now :eek: Did manage to get DeusEx loaded in about an hour this AM..

$50... I told myself I wouldn't purchase anything over $10 but then I got the Unreal Deal Pack and the ID Super Pack... I'll think about Eidos Pack a bit longer... I hate to admit I've never played the DeusEx games :eek: If I had the money I would have got the Rockstar collection too.

Last edited:
EDIT: Quick tip... set the preferred server to Canada and it'll speed things up considerably. The US servers are heavily overloaded at the moment.

Thanks for the tip, I actually haven't had an issue downloading anything except GTAIV which was fairly slow.

I really need to learn to use multiquote :( sorry guys.

Just bought Audiosurf, Serious Sam HD, and TItan Quest Gold. All for 22.50

Amazing.

Rome total war gold is very very tempting.

Do people still play BF2? I liked that game, but never bought all the stuff that came out, a complete pack for 7$ seems good. How is the population?

BDV, if the demo population says anything about the retail population, then it should be moderately high.

Just got the two STALKER games for $15! :D

I hadn't heard of Ninja Blade before but it seems interesting from the pictures. I just watched some gameplay video for it and it seems like a DMC type game which I can see myself enjoying. If it drops under $10 I'll get it too, thanks :D

Ninja blade is indeed very similar to DMC4. If you want to compare the two games, DMC4 is superior, but Ninja blade was enjoyable as well. Be aware that it screams console port... so much that they didn't even change the "Saving game, please do not turn off your console"...

In any case, just make sure you have a gamepad hooked up to your PC and it should be fine.

Ninja blade is indeed very similar to DMC4. If you want to compare the two games, DMC4 is superior, but Ninja blade was enjoyable as well. Be aware that it screams console port... so much that they didn't even change the "Saving game, please do not turn off your console"...

In any case, just make sure you have a gamepad hooked up to your PC and it should be fine.

Any graphical bump??

Back