Steam Sale...Jeebus!!!

erf

[H]ard|Gawd
I figured this deserved a thread of it's own in the PC gaming section. This sale is MASSIVE!!!

gta4 for 7 bucks is unbelievable value
I have purchased a lot recently but I'm still combing through the deals right now :eek:

GTA4 is a waste of $7.

Some worthwhile:

Witcher Enhanced: $13
STALKER
Mirror's Edge
Company of Heroes

Some Splinter Cell games.

Last edited:
Just checked - nearly everything is on sale so some good deals if something has been missed - unfortunately not much for me that I don't already have but definitely great to take advantage of to catch up on some great games like Witcher, Mirrors Edge, Stalker etc.,

Bought Jedi Knight collection, Jedi Outcast being one of my fav games ever.

Games I'm still considering. Operation Flashpoint 2 as I'm a huge fan of squad shooters, any inputs on this game? Republic Commando my most favorite squad shooter I've ever played, but I've heard of a problem with ATI cards not able run the game with max shaders. The eidos pack for thief, deus ex, batman aa, hitman, and rogue trooper.

GTA4 is a waste of $7.

Hope you're joking but judging from posting history I see probably not. Well hopefully you have a decent reason and not just a plagued opinion.

Anyways, yea I picked up Stalker. Hopefully some more deals on games I have not played yet come up.

Well I bit and got stalker: CS since the first game was such a good experience. I've heard mixed reviews, but for 5 bucks hard to say no.

Might get the Eidos pack, It was gone from Steam for a while there...Sucks i bought the Hitman pack a few months ago

Grabbed Trine a week or so ago when they had the daily sale for $9.99..This week its $7.99..Bastids!! :p..Im considering Ninja Blade for $14.99 but may wait ti see if it hits $9.99 before I bite.

Just go to www.steampowered.com to see the deals.

I just snagged GTA4 for $7.50

I got bored with previous GTA games, but I figure even if I just ran around running ppl over with my car it's worth $7.50

This sale is ridiculously cheap...I'm loading up.

LC

Woot! Got 7 games including Stalker SoC, GTAIV, Mirror's Edge, Fallout 3 GoTY Edition, Audiosurf, World in Conflict Complete Edition, and Braid all for $66. Glad I held off, knew they would have something in store for the Christmas season!

killing floor is $10 as well. I still got a couple guest passes left, pm your steam email if you want to try it first.

edit - all passes have been sent.

Last edited:
Who said PC gaming is dead?

We're just a bunch of cheapasses who won't buy PC games until they are under $10!!! :)

If STALKER was $1, I'd be buying copies for all my friends as gifts.

Who said PC gaming is dead?

We're just a bunch of cheapasses who won't buy PC games until they are under $10!!! :)

If STALKER was $1, I'd be buying copies for all my friends as gifts.
it's 1.99!!! isn't that close enough?

So what's the deal with the splinter cell games, which of them are good or should I just get them all for the story?

Also debating whether I should jump on oblivion and batman now or wait..

Picked up Clear Sky, Deus Ex, Chonicles of Riddick, Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia, and Tomb Raider: Underworld.

LC

P.S. I was reading the reviews on RE5, is this new one a game changer? IE: console port? FEAR had that feel with the last one. Should I give RE4 a shot? Steam doesn't carry it, but if it's worth playing, I'll hunt it down...

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the deal with the splinter cell games, which of them are good or should I just get them all for the story?

Also debating whether I should jump on oblivion and batman now or wait..

Chaos Theory/Splinter Cell 1 >>>>> Double Agent/Pandora Tomorrow

Chaos Theory is the best one of them all imo. F'ing amazing graphics when it was released.

Ubisoft Montreal made Chaos Theory and the first one and Ubisoft Shanghai made Pandora Tomorrow and Double Agent. The new Splinter Cell, Convictions, is being developed by Montreal, so it's going to be awesome.

SO MANY THINGS SO LITTLE MONEY! *head explodes* WOW! PC gaming just got a boost for the holidays a lot of good deals there.

EDIT: Was just thinking... Why doesn't Valve do gift cards like itunes and every other online game store/store out here.

Got this one.

Red Faction Guerrilla 19.99 USD
Subtotal 19.99 USD
Tax 0.00 USD
Shipping 0.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total 19.99 USD

Got this one.

Red Faction Guerrilla 19.99 USD
Subtotal 19.99 USD
Tax 0.00 USD
Shipping 0.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total 19.99 USD

Red Faction never blew me away at any point - but for some reason I kept on playing it. It's an oddly compelling game.

Red Faction never blew me away at any point - but for some reason I kept on playing it. It's an oddly compelling game.

I actually felt the same way.. but the mp is CRAP I can't even get a game to start after 5 minutes of waiting most of the time. Matchmaking service is horrible. The effects are bloody amazing though, if you haven't already check out the official forums and they have some mods for giant explosions and acid destruction effects on the nano rifle and some other cool stuff if you want to play around.

Excellent deals but I also have most of the ones I'm interested in already :*(

torchlight, braid, audiosurf, mirrors edge - 20 dollars. Now I have something to do over winter break :)

Figures, I just gave in and bought the disc version of GTA4 for $20 on Amazon about 3 weeks ago. :p

Batman AA for $34 though, I think I'll have to jump on that.

Got me:

Unreal Deal
13.59 USD
Super ID Software Pack
34.99 USD
Grand Theft Auto IV (US/AU)
7.49 USD
Subtotal
56.07 USD
Tax
0.00 USD
Shipping
0.00 USD

Total
56.07 USD

I'm new to steam (all i have are torchlight and osmos) so these are the ones I'm thinking of getting

Titan Quest Gold - $10
Audiosurf - $2.50
Stalker - $2
Quantz - $3
ZombieBowl - $1
Braid - $2.50
World of Goo - $5
Overlord - $3

Back