• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Star Wars Outlaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DF video shows it pretty well. She looks fine in normal gameplay, but in the in-game cutscenes something happens that makes her look like shit.

I even mentioned there might be something like that going on prior to the release. It isn't uncommon. Though typically it is the other way around. Cut scene models look better than gameplay versions.
 
The DF video shows it pretty well. She looks fine in normal gameplay, but in the in-game cutscenes something happens that makes her look like shit.
The faces in my game are all mid. Nothing close to what DF shows, which looks spectacular.
 

View: https://youtu.be/sKo1owZzYcs?si=KjQ8E_lDSpfwfMaE

SkillUp. More or less on target.

I wonder what another 6-12 months in the oven would have done for this game.

I like it. I would give it a 7/10 or so myself. That score may fluctuate upwards as I continue on.

It's good and I see aspects of it that hint at greatness and wonder what could have been. I'm going to continue to enjoy it for what it is.
 
Last edited:

View: https://youtu.be/sKo1owZzYcs?si=KjQ8E_lDSpfwfMaE

SkillUp. More or less on target.

I wonder what another 6-12 months in the oven would have done for this game.

I like it. I would give it a 7/10 or so myself. That score may fluctuate upwards as I continue on.

It's good and I see aspects of it that hint at greatness that just doesn't quite get there. I'm going to continue to enjoy it for what it is.

The snow planet you can tell they scrapped likely due to time. They only have the main big city and the associated quests, but there isn't a planet to explore. The weird part though is that you can tell the city was made to be left at some point, but there is nothing there. I'm not sure how much more time would have helped otherwise. It's solid for the mechanics that they built into the game, outside of resolving some minor bugs. The thing that would have made this game, or really any star wars game better - More mature. The story and dialog should be more mature (You're an outlaw FFS) and the game should be far more gritty and brutal. However, they'd never allow that for a star wars game at this point.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I can’t go straight for 5 mins before getting side tracked. The game is really great for what it is. I haven’t come across many bugs and usually I do get near caught type issues. I also died in a shootout which was surprising given all the bad AI videos I have seen.

Really enjoying it uptil now. Still on first planet where I crashed.
 
no one's talked about the Jabba exclusive pre-order mission?...how is it?
 
Not on tatooine yet to do it. Only just got to the rainforest planet. Saving tatooine for last.
 
I just wonder on those videos that show a terrible AI if it was set to easy. I've played other games and if you select easy mode, the AI will behave just like that. I'd like to see a video with a setting of hard.
 
I just wonder on those videos that show a terrible AI if it was set to easy. I've played other games and if you select easy mode, the AI will behave just like that. I'd like to see a video with a setting of hard.
No clue. I have yet for the AI to do that shit to me TBH, but I very quickly cranked the stealth and combat difficulty up. The default difficulty I could immediately tell was far too forgiving. No clue if that impacts the AI behavior, but the AI will wreck me if I'm not using cover properly and will toss grenades, flank me, etc.
 
It's not perfect but I am having a lot of fun just exploring..
 
the people that are actually playing the game seem to be enjoying it...the people not playing are the ones posting memes...seems like a solid 7 or 8 game
It’s pretty much my dream Star Wars game. I wish it was better in certain aspects, but I’m really having a good time with it. Just wish there were a couple more planets to explore.
 
(having not played yet) It really seems like 95% of the complaints are stuff that will be patched soon enough, and I'm hoping for DLC that expands the number of worlds. And I am not playing now mostly because the other half of 'Never Preorder' is that the game will be better in 6 months. But I'm excited to play it eventually!
 
I haven't had the AI completely shit the bed for me yet, either.

Game seems pretty alright - it's definitely not a bad game.

..seems like a solid 7 or 8 game

7/10 seems pretty fair to me so far

1. The mission design is occasionally dips into either dumb or completely uninspired
2. The facial animation really does blow, it looks really unpolished

Also so far the game seems to really kind of play it gray with anything even vaguely approaching a moral decision, they play it really safe. Like you never really get presented with anything that might make you feel like a pile of shit or a killer or much of anything. It's always like... each side always kinda has a point and you're stuck in the middle and there's not really much good or bad to be found.

I guess it's some Disney Star Wars bullshit shining through, but it kind of undermines the whole scoundrel aspect...
 
I just wonder on those videos that show a terrible AI if it was set to easy. I've played other games and if you select easy mode, the AI will behave just like that. I'd like to see a video with a setting of hard.
I am playing on medium and have noticed that I can die rather quickly. I am entirely convinced people are playing on story mode just to make these kinds of meme videos.
 
I haven't had the AI completely shit the bed for me yet, either.

Game seems pretty alright - it's definitely not a bad game.



7/10 seems pretty fair to me so far

1. The mission design is occasionally dips into either dumb or completely uninspired
2. The facial animation really does blow, it looks really unpolished

Also so far the game seems to really kind of play it gray with anything even vaguely approaching a moral decision, they play it really safe. Like you never really get presented with anything that might make you feel like a pile of shit or a killer or much of anything. It's always like... each side always kinda has a point and you're stuck in the middle and there's not really much good or bad to be found.

I guess it's some Disney Star Wars bullshit shining through, but it kind of undermines the whole scoundrel aspect...

It's not just Disney Star Wars (and, really, Lucas Star Wars as well) it's also very Ubisoft. Ubisoft is so hyper focused on appealing to every single person possible and not making any kind of statement on anything that they go out of their way to make sure all of their games are as vanilla as possible when it comes to morality.
 
It's not just Disney Star Wars (and, really, Lucas Star Wars as well) it's also very Ubisoft. Ubisoft is so hyper focused on appealing to every single person possible and not making any kind of statement on anything that they go out of their way to make sure all of their games are as vanilla as possible when it comes to morality.
While true, Disney would never in a million years let anyone make a more mature star wars game. It's not going to happen while they own it. The Jedi Survivor series was likely pushing it given that it marginally showed a romantic relationship.
 
While true, Disney would never in a million years let anyone make a more mature star wars game. It's not going to happen while they own it. The Jedi Survivor series was likely pushing it given that it marginally showed a romantic relationship.

I don't disagree with Ubisoft and Disney in general, but Star Wars had some romantic scenes in it before Disney came along. And Star Wars was always middle of the road, good vs evil and very simplified. Andor and Rogue One is the only Star Wars media I've experienced that tried to go for a more gritty and nuanced portray of the universe. So this is more in line with what to expect from Star Wars media.
 
While true, Disney would never in a million years let anyone make a more mature star wars game. It's not going to happen while they own it. The Jedi Survivor series was likely pushing it given that it marginally showed a romantic relationship.
Which is ironic, since Disney is okay with child mutilation and grooming.
 
I find it weird when I commit a crime and get caught and an Imperial law enforcement officer gets on the radio and refers to me as ‘they’ - as in ‘alright everyone, they’re getting away!’.

My character is clearly a woman. Are we now frightened of saying she? Wouldn’t, ‘she’s getting away’ sound much better?

This ‘they’ nonsense makes it sound like I have an entire gang.
 
My wife has been having a blast with the game. She's very much a casual gamer, but she's been playing all weekend. I've played a little bit and I think it's pretty solid, too. I wouldn't call it great, and it's way more stealth-heavy than I'd like, but it's pretty good. I'll get my $17 out of it at the very least. I'm still tinkering around with performance settings, but have currently settled on cranking things up with framegen on and DLSS set to balanced. That keeps things from bogging down once you get on a speeder. Otherwise the quality setting is more than enough. I almost wish there was a separate graphics setting just for the speeder.
 
It's a good game can't wait to fire or water it up tomorrow for a few hours. I like it way better than Cyber Gunk 777. I wouldn't mind a sequel because it's a new franchise for UBI. But play a different Star Wars character like a Gameron Guard on a Landspeeder.
 
Last edited:
I find it weird when I commit a crime and get caught and an Imperial law enforcement officer gets on the radio and refers to me as ‘they’ - as in ‘alright everyone, they’re getting away!’.

My character is clearly a woman. Are we now frightened of saying she? Wouldn’t, ‘she’s getting away’ sound much better?

This ‘they’ nonsense makes it sound like I have an entire gang.


I mean I've definitely heard WHERE IS SHE from storm troopers before
 
I find it weird when I commit a crime and get caught and an Imperial law enforcement officer gets on the radio and refers to me as ‘they’ - as in ‘alright everyone, they’re getting away!’.

My character is clearly a woman. Are we now frightened of saying she? Wouldn’t, ‘she’s getting away’ sound much better?

This ‘they’ nonsense makes it sound like I have an entire gang.

Went to an Imperial base and intentionally got their attention then went to hide. Didn't hear a single "they're getting away". What I did catch:

"Blast her"

"Where is she?"

"Find her"

You're intentionally looking for reasons to get mad at the game instead of enjoying it.
 
Went to an Imperial base and intentionally got their attention then went to hide. Didn't hear a single "they're getting away". What I did catch:

"Blast her"

"Where is she?"

"Find her"

You're intentionally looking for reasons to get mad at the game instead of enjoying it.
The announcer literally says ‘they’ are getting away. Not ‘she’ is getting away.

You seem abnormally defensive of this shit. What’s the deal, man?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top