• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Star Wars Outlaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
do I need to mess with the Windows HDR settings or can I disable it within Windows and only enable it via the individual game settings?...meaning just use HDR as an optional graphics setting like ray-tracing

With most games they trigger the HDR options if it's turned on in Windows. If it isn't, they just give you the standard color gamut options and pretend that HDR isn't a thing. 7-8 years ago it was typically an in-game toggle and color profiles, brightness, etc. were all over the place. Every game seemed to have its own settings and it was super inconsistent. Now that they're using the standard Windows HDR profile, that's no longer an issue. It's slightly less convenient to have to have HDR turned on before starting a game, but it's made the actual quality/consistency way better.
 
HDR for gaming (on PC) seems to have a lot of issues while HDR for 4K Blu-ray discs, streaming TV shows and movies is perfect...is Windows 11 the main issue?...HDR console gaming also doesn't seem to have any issues
I don't ever have issues with HDR in game or while watching shows/movies.
 
I don't ever have issues with HDR in game or while watching shows/movies.

I have a separate TV for movies/TV/4K discs and a dedicated 1440p G-Sync gaming monitor...I've always been hesitant to get an HDR gaming display because of all the early issues with it but now I'm tempted especially since there are some nice QD-OLED gaming displays...the issue of text fringing and other text issues in Windows is the other main issue I had with OLED gaming monitors
 
HDR with film content is interesting. I know that the Media Player Classic variants auto-detect HDR content and just swap to HDR mode automatically. That's with both disks and video files. That's the easiest way. Pretty sure you have to have HDR mode turned on within Windows to make it work with VLC and the new Windows Media Player. With streaming content, it's a complete crapshoot. Almost all of the streaming "apps" are just Edge shortcuts now. Yet Netflix still manages to support HDR and surround sound, too. None of the others do that I'm aware of.
 
I have a separate TV for movies/TV/4K discs and a dedicated 1440p G-Sync gaming monitor...I've always been hesitant to get an HDR gaming display because of all the early issues with it but now I'm tempted especially since there are some nice QD-OLED gaming displays...the issue of text fringing and other text issues in Windows is the other main issue I had with OLED gaming monitors
I just use TVs as I'm fine with 120fps, I like my eye candy too much in order to take advantage of anything higher. I use an LG C2 in my office and a Sony XBR-75X900H in the living room and only use the attached PCs to playback content with Media Player Classic+MADVR. Playback for audio and video are identical to a bluray disc or original source.
 
I just use TVs as I'm fine with 120fps, I like my eye candy too much in order to take advantage of anything higher. I use an LG C2 in my office and a Sony XBR-75X900H in the living room and only use the attached PCs to playback content with Media Player Classic+MADVR. Playback for audio and video are identical to a bluray disc or original source.

I was really close to getting a Sony A95L for my living room TV this year but held off...there are some issues which need fixing...so I'm going to wait for the A95M in 2025...I want a QD-OLED display and the only 2 options in the USA are Samsung and Sony but the Samsung TV's don't have Dolby Vision so my only option is Sony

the LG G4 is also very nice but it's using a W-OLED (MLA) panel
 
HDR pc gaming is not fully ironed out in my small experience.

I am on a innonc 27M2V, which is maybe a worst case scenario too in term of polishing, all the money seem to go on the panel itself, versus the arm-menus-drivers, etc...

But with a shortcut to enable-disable it, win+alt+B, most game if launch with HDR already on work almost out of the box.

- Far from being instant (on my pc at least) to go from HDR-SDR, my 3 plugged monitor flash and maybe as long as 8-10 second will go by for the transition to complete for all of them.
- Games HDR calibration tools are not that easy to use to me and some option seem to have little effect.
- Many of them do not look particularly better to me, you need colorist or something to have done some HDR job I would imagine, Ghost of Tsushima was the first one that was not just different but signifcantly better to my eyes.
 
A lot of games don't really look that much better in HDR, even if everything is super calibrated. Or if they do, it's isolated to very specific lighting effects or scenes with a heavy mix of light and dark. I think a lot of people think it's supposed to be super saturated thanks to store demos. It can be really neat when it's great, but it's not that huge of a deal for most games. It's basically better lighting and details without haze effects when light and dark areas are mixed. I haven't had time to spend with Outlaws yet, but the two Jedi titles were definitely good HDR titles with the saber and blaster lighting in dark areas.
 
I just use TVs as I'm fine with 120fps, I like my eye candy too much in order to take advantage of anything higher. I use an LG C2 in my office and a Sony XBR-75X900H in the living room and only use the attached PCs to playback content with Media Player Classic+MADVR. Playback for audio and video are identical to a bluray disc or original source.
hey did you resolve issue?
 
New AMD Adrenalin drivers 24.8.1
Not sure if it improves Star Wars Outlaws performance.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/1f45m7v/amd_software_adrenalin_edition_2481_release_notes/

Important Notes:
-AMD is working with the developers of Star Wars Outlaws to address an intermittent corruption issue that occurs after changing certain in-game graphics settings. As a temporary measure, users experiencing this issue may need to relaunch the game

Known Issues
Overly dark shadows or desaturated colors may be observed while playing Black Myth: Wukong when Global Illumination is to Medium or higher. Users experiencing this issue may set Global Illumination to Low as a temporary workaround. [Resolution targeted for 24.9.1]
 
I was really close to getting a Sony A95L for my living room TV this year but held off...there are some issues which need fixing...so I'm going to wait for the A95M in 2025...I want a QD-OLED display and the only 2 options in the USA are Samsung and Sony but the Samsung TV's don't have Dolby Vision so my only option is Sony

the LG G4 is also very nice but it's using a W-OLED (MLA) panel
I have a 65 inch G4 as a gaming monitor. It’s mind blowing. It replaced a 55 inch LG C9.

The G4 is by far the best ‘gaming screen’ I’ve owned, dating back to 1989 when I bought a VGA monitor manufactured by Zenith.
 
After a mediocre start, I’m really getting into this game. It doesn’t feel like a typical Ubisoft open world game (some people are saying this game is like Assassin’s Creed - and it’s not).

I think what I like is being a nobody in the Star Wars Universe. No force powers, or being tempted to the dark side… just a regular shook trying to get by.

It’s just fun to exist in that universe.
 
After a mediocre start, I’m really getting into this game. It doesn’t feel like a typical Ubisoft open world game (some people are saying this game is like Assassin’s Creed - and it’s not).

I think what I like is being a nobody in the Star Wars Universe. No force powers, or being tempted to the dark side… just a regular shook trying to get by.

It’s just fun to exist in that universe.
Same thing that made SWG the best star wars game for the time.

It's also why i'm enjoying this game, and it's a far more enjoyable experience than I thought it would be.
 
GOTY 2024

I bet most of the Reviewers didn't grow up around Star Wars. Most Star War fans are in their 50s or Older Return of Jedi came out in 1983 you gotta figure that was the last movie in to have impact. Then you would need to be born in 1975 to watch it even.

This game play like what you thought Dark Forces should of been.
 
That has got to be some of the worst AI I have ever seen in a AAA game.
It's generally not anywhere near that bad. I'm sure you can find certain areas and make it do shit like that.

However, in the 10 hours i've been playing i've never had anything like that happen.
 
It's generally not anywhere near that bad. I'm sure you can find certain areas and make it do shit like that.

However, in the 10 hours i've been playing i've never had anything like that happen.
im in the beggining. xbox sx. Good?
 
In HDR this game does look rather excellent has to be said.


View: https://youtu.be/_egsuE8ZZbQ

On my LG C3 I needed to set the "Tune Dark Areas" setting up to 20 from 10 to get the calibration screen to show the first logo. This means that they made the same mistake almost all game developers are making: It's using elevated black levels. The colors not looking very saturated also means it's using Rec.709 instead of Rec.2100.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
you need to finish the game first before declaring it GOTY...playing a few hours and refunding it is not enough time
You don't even own the game so does your opinion matter NO✓ stop trolling
 
Last edited:
At this point i'm going to rate this my second favorite star wars game, prime SWG being the top. Some people may prefer a better linear action RPG like the Jedi Survivor games, etc. However, Outlaws is really solid for what it is. I really appreciate the difficulty of the blend of stealth/combat the game balances. You can't just run into a base a blast everything. At the same time you can't really 100% stealth things either. Again though, this is with the difficulty cranked up. Do not leave the game in the default difficulty settings for combat/stealth, it just makes it boring.
 
I can play a game for a few hours and tell by patterns how the rest of the game is going to be by patterns pacing and overall enjoyment. Do I need to finish the game in a few days?
Hell no thats the beauty of it.

Paid advertising by God of War Pal World hype or any other overated Zelda game.
 
Last edited:
Early impressions:

I did see something download this morning. I am not sure if it's "day one patch" but now that we are in day one officially we will see what comes of it. Things will only improve from here on out.

I like it so far. I cleared the prologue and got to "first planet." (Spoiler free)

Atmosphere and production values: Off the charts. Nailed it.

Gameplay: Good although inconsistent at times as others in and out of this thread have already indicated. Nothing revolutionary going on here and in some ways we are stuck in the past with the "don't get caught" setup that was broken for some people. (welcome to early access) I would rather just have it be full on AC stealth knockoff and be done with it but good enough.

Story setup drew me right in. Character is likeable. Saying she is "just a female Han Solo knockoff" doesn't do it enough justice. She has an edge to her and is arguably more gray which I like. I like Nix and those gameplay mechanics are simple and good enough.

I am looking forward to diving in more earnestly over the weekend and even later today.

Jedi Survivor has its strengths (and annoying weaknesses) but I find that I'm enjoying this more. I never did get to SWG. That's it for now. Enjoy. :)
 
Early impressions:

I did see something download this morning. I am not sure if it's "day one patch" but now that we are in day one officially we will see what comes of it. Things will only improve from here on out.

I like it so far. I cleared the prologue and got to "first planet." (Spoiler free)

Atmosphere and production values: Off the charts. Nailed it.

Gameplay: Good although inconsistent at times as others in and out of this thread have already indicated. Nothing revolutionary going on here and in some ways we are stuck in the past with the "don't get caught" setup that was broken for some people. (welcome to early access) I would rather just have it be full on AC stealth knockoff and be done with it but good enough.

Story setup drew me right in. Character is likeable. Saying she is "just a female Han Solo knockoff" doesn't do it enough justice. She has an edge to her and is arguably more gray which I like. I like Nix and those gameplay mechanics are simple and good enough.

I am looking forward to diving in more earnestly over the weekend and even later today.

Jedi Survivor has its strengths (and annoying weaknesses) but I find that I'm enjoying this more. I never did get to SWG. That's it for now. Enjoy. :)
So game is cool and keep playing?
 
I can play a game for a few hours and tell by patterns how the rest of the game is going to be by patterns pacing and overall enjoyment. Do I need to finish the game in a few days?
Hell no thats the beauty of it.

Paid advertising by God of War Pal World hype or any other overated Zelda game.
Are you serious with this? Sometimes and ending can dramatically change how a game is received. Mass Effect 3 is a good lesson on that. Not only that, but by game's end, you may have a different impression of the game play loop as it may get excessively repetitive.

It's like a motherboard review where you get Windows successfully installed and call a board the greatest board ever released without any actual testing.
 
Are you serious with this? Sometimes and ending can dramatically change how a game is received. Mass Effect 3 is a good lesson on that. Not only that, but by game's end, you may have a different impression of the game play loop as it may get excessively repetitive.

It's like a motherboard review where you get Windows successfully installed and call a board the greatest board ever released without any actual testing.


The games over when you stop playing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top