• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Star Wars Outlaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a testament to Star Wars that so much heated discussion was generated in this thread.
 
It’s a testament to Star Wars that so much heated discussion was generated in this thread.
It's not a testament to Star Wars. It's a testament to Disney's twisting of the franchise and the activists that defend every damn thing they break.

The game fits into the time between the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. It will be interesting to see if this game does some good world building or just breaks canon again and exists solely to appease DEI / DIE initiatives. I hope it's good, but I'm not going to pick it up unless its second hand. Like all game releases, they're buggy fucking mess when they release. This one will be no different.
 
Star Wars Outlaws Wants to Be Your Dream "Open Galaxy"- IGN First


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6nCdIslajQ

I would have been onboard with this if they had actually allowed the player the choice of a Female or Male protagonist. With the devs talking about the influences of Mass Effect.... Not surprising that they just totally missed the core selling point of that game, that made it more accessible to women and men. I played so many Mass Effect Multiplayer sessions with women back in the day, because they had their FemShep and I had my Male Shepard. Everyone had their own experience. This female forced narrative is just gonna pull me out of the immersion because I don't care to play a chick.
 
Thread for discussion about The Acolyte. If you don't have access, throw $15 at Kyle to upgrade your account.

https://hardforum.com/threads/star-wars-acolyte.2023169
I would have been onboard with this if they had actually allowed the player the choice of a Female or Male protagonist. With the devs talking about the influences of Mass Effect.... Not surprising that they just totally missed the core selling point of that game, that made it more accessible to women and men. I played so many Mass Effect Multiplayer sessions with women back in the day, because they had their FemShep and I had my Male Shepard. Everyone had their own experience. This female forced narrative is just gonna pull me out of the immersion because I don't care to play a chick.
Bold of you to assume that about people when there is choice of PC gender. I'd say at least two-thirds of my Mass Effect playthroughs were done with a female Shepard. Most people tend to just play with whatever the default is, though, and that is backed up by BioWare's own publicly shared data where something like 80% of people played a male Soldier Shepard.
 
Bold of you to assume that about people when there is choice of PC gender. I'd say at least two-thirds of my Mass Effect playthroughs were done with a female Shepard. Most people tend to just play with whatever the default is, though, and that is backed up by BioWare's own publicly shared data where something like 80% of people played a male Soldier Shepard.

I usually go with whichever is canon...in Far Cry 6 for example it was obvious from the trailers and interviews with the developers that the female Dani was the canon choice...in AC Odyssey Kassandra was canon etc
 
Thread for discussion about The Acolyte. If you don't have access, throw $15 at Kyle to upgrade your account.

https://hardforum.com/threads/star-wars-acolyte.2023169

Bold of you to assume that about people when there is choice of PC gender. I'd say at least two-thirds of my Mass Effect playthroughs were done with a female Shepard. Most people tend to just play with whatever the default is, though, and that is backed up by BioWare's own publicly shared data where something like 80% of people played a male Soldier Shepard.
I'm not assuming on the gender spectrum. I know the women I played with all referred to their FemSheps. I don't begrudge anyone that went the FemShep route either. Just for me, I don't prefer to play a woman. I, personally, think FemShep is as big a deal as Male Shep. Both voice actors knocked it out of the park and made for very unique experiences. I know men and women that played as female and male shepards. My main argument here was more from the standpoint that the game has only one character and you have to play the woman. I think they're shooting themselves in the foot not having an alternate choice. It is a design decision that reflects modern day politics over an actual choice that will cater to the consumers that purchase their games.

I think its entirely possible for a video game to break the mold of the Disney bullshit we see injected in everything these days. This game could have been a smash hit in the vein of Mass Effect with a little more choice and a little less emphasis on the game having another Girl Boss, strong woman that kicks male ass. I just can't see a 100 pound girl kicking the asses of people in a cantina. That scene that she slams someone's face in a table and then pistol butts them (the latter of which works for me rather than the former) makes me cringe.

Lets do a real world example. I'm 25, sitting in a bar with my friend Louisa. She's a 5'8" Knockout, with a hard body and built to kill men and break their hearts. I'm in my prime, but I don't have the physical tone she does. She, gets abusive when she drinks and she likes slapping men and clawing them until they bleed. Does it one too many times and I tell her, "pull that shit again and I will hit you as hard as I can". She doesn't listen, cracks me in the face and draws some blood. I gut punched her, she doubled over and her face slammed into the bar top. She never touched me again in public.

Now we can all pretend this girl can do this stuff. But we know she can't. I know she can't. I don't want to play any more of this bullshit in games. Because it is bullshit.

I have met a FEW women that could kick my ass in my life. But they are very rare and all of them hardcore bodybuilders unlike this protagonist in this game.
 
Last edited:
It's not a testament to Star Wars. It's a testament to Disney's twisting of the franchise and the activists that defend every damn thing they break.

The game fits into the time between the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. It will be interesting to see if this game does some good world building or just breaks canon again and exists solely to appease DEI / DIE initiatives. I hope it's good, but I'm not going to pick it up unless its second hand. Like all game releases, they're buggy fucking mess when they release. This one will be no different.
Even if the game is good in terms of gameplay, story, general content, etc. its still going to be an absolute shit show for at least six months to a year because its a Ubisoft game. Literally everything they release is buggy and damn near unplayable for at least that long after release.
 
Even if the game is good in terms of gameplay, story, general content, etc. its still going to be an absolute shit show for at least six months to a year because its a Ubisoft game. Literally everything they release is buggy and damn near unplayable for at least that long after release.

Massive Entertainment is the developer...Ubisoft is just the publisher...Massive are the same people behind The Division games
 
And everyone knows how fucked up The Division games were when they came out.
I actually enjoyed the Division games.
side-eye-monkey.gif
 
Just as Rebel Moon is not a brilliant scifi epic as Snyder thinks.

CGI: The Movie. That was probably the most boring, generic, and unoriginal movies I've seen in a long time.

I agree that the sequel trilogy sucked but to deny it's officially part of the Skywalker Saga is silly...it is...it's a fact...there's no arguing...

For those that haven't seen the most recent trilogy, spoilers.

Skywalker had a cameo at the end of the first film. In the second, he walks around and then literally disappears. His relevance to the plot and screen time is very limited.
I don't care what they claim, they are just doing that to try and draw connections to the original trilogy for marketing purposes.

Andor is a show about a dead character with no space to go anywhere else but Rogue one. People are just not interested in it. Including me, I haven't watched a second of Andor.

I would still recommend it. All characters end up dying or having the series/movie/whatever end eventually. If anything I prefer something more concise as it is less likely to get bloated. Perhaps the best part of Andor is that it doesn't feel like a Star Wars show/movie.

Star Wars Outlaws Wants to Be Your Dream "Open Galaxy"- IGN First


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6nCdIslajQ


Looks like an Ubisoft. or regular open world game. Looks okay, still somewhat interested.
 
Clearly the main characters of the ST are Rey and Kylo Ren, neither of whom is a skywalker.

you sure about that?
Yes, I'm sure, he is a Solo at best, but even that is just semantics, because in reality he is a discount Vader cosplayer. None of his connections to the Skywalker name means anything to us because it was never established.

I wasn't going to go back to this but I decided to respond because it's a prime example of what's wrong with human beings and society in general nowadays...no one likes to admit they're wrong...Kylo Ren is a Skywalker, it literally cannot be disputed...it's literally a fact...but of course as is typical with M76 he can't just say "yup you're right, my bad...I misspoke"...nope, instead he doubles down on his mistake and starts rambling on about something else or trying to change the subject...the sequel trilogy is part of the Skywalker Saga, again it's a fact...just because you may not like that fact doesn't make it less of a fact

let me break it down very simply...when a baby is born there are 2 parents...a mother and a father...so in Kylo's case he is 50% Skywalker and 50% Solo...to ramble on and say "Yes I'm sure he is a Solo at best...it's semantics...it's cosplay...it was never established"...truly one of the most silly things I've heard on this forum...I wish people were more mature...I understand on forums in particular it's hard for people to just admit they are wrong but the world would be so much better off if more people could just admit when they are wrong
 
Looks like an Ubisoft. or regular open world game. Looks okay, still somewhat interested.

I think it holds a lot of potential...that IGN video was pretty good at breaking things down...if it's on par with the recent Fallen Order/Survivor games I'll be happy
 
the name yes...I'm referring to the genetics...the reason Kylo was so powerful with the Force was because of his mother's genetics, not because of Han Solo
hes still a solo


so about the game, still not interested...
 
I think it holds a lot of potential...that IGN video was pretty good at breaking things down...if it's on par with the recent Fallen Order/Survivor games I'll be happy

Those games were much more focused. Even with Jedi Survivor opening up, it is a 40 or so hour game. It is quite streamlined. For a more open ended game I think it did a good job of not being unnecessarily filled with bloat. Most of the maps have at least some type of mission and has some relevance.
 
Those games were much more focused. Even with Jedi Survivor opening up, it is a 40 or so hour game. It is quite streamlined. For a more open ended game I think it did a good job of not being unnecessarily filled with bloat. Most of the maps have at least some type of mission and has some relevance.

according to the IGN video with Outlaws after the first planet which acts as a tutorial you can go to any of the other 5 planets in any order...you're not locked into doing things in a certain order...I like the leveling up system, the traversal and switch-up between space combat/exploration and planet side exploration...only thing I don't like is that forced companion
 
I wasn't going to go back to this but I decided to respond because I can't accept being wrong...it's literally a fact..
FTFY

So you decided to move the goalpost around a bit. Because who is a Skywalker, if not someone whose name is Skywalker? If we are talking about genetics then literally anyone can be called a skywalker who had one distant ancestor who descended from a skywalker

This is an idea I'd expect Disney to come up with so they can manufacture new skywalkers left right and center.
 
Last edited:
It's not a testament to Star Wars. It's a testament to Disney's twisting of the franchise and the activists that defend every damn thing they break.

The game fits into the time between the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. It will be interesting to see if this game does some good world building or just breaks canon again and exists solely to appease DEI / DIE initiatives. I hope it's good, but I'm not going to pick it up unless its second hand. Like all game releases, they're buggy fucking mess when they release. This one will be no different.
What I meant was, people are clearly passionate about Star Wars… whatever that means to you.

Maybe you’re a person who thinks the initial trilogy was great. Maybe you’re someone who loves Andor.

People don’t get upset about things unless they actually care… so, yeah, all the heated discussion in this thread is testament to Star Wars and how much people care about it.
 
FTFY

So you decided to move the goalpost around a bit. Because who is a Skywalker, if not someone whose name is Skywalker? If we are talking about genetics then literally anyone can be called a skywalker who had one distant ancestor who descended from a skywalker

This is an idea I'd expect Disney to come up with so they can manufacture new skywalkers left right and center.
Coincidentally, Rey literally calls herself "Skywalker" at the end of The Rise of Skywalker, so Disney already did that.
 
Your paragraph is below


The new Star Wars project, Real Skywalker: The Force, is going to be an intense and action-packed adventure. With Jedi Obi Wan Kenobi at the center of the story, fans can expect an incredible journey through the force. The tone of the project is set to be intense and angry, promising a captivating and emotional experience for all Star Wars enthusiasts.
 
Jabba mission with preorder

yeah that's something I'm not a fan of...pre-order exclusive missions...I understand wanting to make pre-orders more enticing but don't make story content exclusive...I keep advocating for 30-day Early Access instead of the usual 3 days...would give people more of an incentive to pre-order versus the usual useless skins or bonus weapons
 
No preorder for me. I do hope it's good, can't wait to try if the reviews are good. But if the Jaba mission stays pre-order, I guess that is one I will just not get to see.
 
Exactly. I liked the Division 2, I liked Ghost Recon Wildlands and Breakpoint. However, those games were all a total shit show at launch.
This is why people should never Day1 games anymore.. All 3 of these games are AMAZING now.. after all the patches and fixes.. Breakpoint esp.. it got a massive overhaul.

70$ for broken shit day1?

or 30$ or less in a year for a fixed game..

Pretty obvious choice.. This is now the normal for most games.. Hence why I don't day 1 singleplayer games anymore.
 
This is why people should never Day1 games anymore.. All 3 of these games are AMAZING now.. after all the patches and fixes.. Breakpoint esp.. it got a massive overhaul.

70$ for broken shit day1?

or 30$ or less in a year for a fixed game..

Pretty obvious choice.. This is now the normal for most games.. Hence why I don't day 1 singleplayer games anymore.
Not really that obvious. I played them all on day 1, along with my friends and had a ball. Miss out on those opportunities just to "stick it to em"? No thank you.

Game comes out and my gaming buddies are all hyped, i'm not going to be that guy. $70 or $30 for a game (like Division 2) that I've been playing on and off for 5 years? Inconsequential.
 
Not really that obvious. I played them all on day 1, along with my friends and had a ball. Miss out on those opportunities just to "stick it to em"? No thank you.

Game comes out and my gaming buddies are all hyped, i'm not going to be that guy. $70 or $30 for a game (like Division 2) that I've been playing on and off for 5 years? Inconsequential.
MP is fine. But if you're just playing a game alone or SP game.. zero point in day1.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top