Star Wars Outlaws

I prefer attractive characters. Especially if I have to see them in dozens of cut scenes and in the gameplay. I can see clearly that she's crafted to not offend the blue haired land whales. That alone isn't going to stop me from playing the game just to be clear, but this kind of design choice is a red flag that indicates that the game will likely be a shit show. But then again, I could be wrong. I'll look at some gameplay videos and maybe a couple of reviews and make the decision to buy the game or not.

They made the default female protagonist in Mass Effect Andromeda ugly in the day one patch and I thought the game was better than it gets credit for.

I agree in general but this character doesn't look that bad. Looks fairly average, and Star Wars has an ugly, broken down and junky aesthetic so it fits.

It doesn't help that this DEI activist who lacks journalistic credibility has written an obvious hype piece for it ("astounded" "fantastic" etc) while other previews/first impressions I've read are much less enthusiastic

https://kotaku.com/star-wars-outlaws-hands-on-gameplay-impressions-1851532894

Both ACG and SkillUp had positive impressions of their time with the game. That said, it sounds like they didn't give people a lot of time so I wouldn't take too much from anyone's early impression at this point.

the people complaining the loudest about ugly looking characters or Sweet Baby or DEI etc are the ones that don't play the games to begin with...they just like to talk about the controversies pretending that it effects their actual interest in playing the games
I beg to differ. I'm going to have to call you out and say you don't know what you're talking about.

Star Wars.png

Picked up the 3 day early access version costs more than Diablo 4 but lands on my day off. 27th of August which is a Tuesday. UBI finally streamlined the UBI launcher with list view of games I wish the launcher had themes.

Last edited:
They lost me when they said it was a 60 hour completion.
Ubisoft is very much a quantity over quality studio and I have no faith in their games as tight stories/experiences.

At this point I'm just expecting a "Frontiers of Pandora" tier game, with a Star Wars skin.

That is 100% what it will be. Anyone thinking it will be anything else will be disappointed. Ubisoft hasn't even revived Splinter Cell, an open ended mission based stealth game. A popular IP that would standout against its other games. With Assassin's Creed no longer being a stealth game I think there is room for Ubisoft to make/market Splinter Cell. I had assumed they axed Splinter Cell in favor of Assassin's Creed. I too would have preferred a shorter, streamlined game. But this is Ubisoft and we know what we are getting. I am hoping for a 6-7/10 game.

They lost me when they said it was a 60 hour completion.
Ubisoft is very much a quantity over quality studio and I have no faith in their games as tight stories/experiences.

This is UBIs first Star Wars game so I thought Jedi Suvivor had good graphics but lame Gameplay even though you could do anything with a lightsaber. I figure the situation with cover based shooter with laser blasters would be better.

Last edited:
Didn't you spend 300 hours playing AC Odyssey?
1400 hours actually and yes, that's my point.

If Ubisoft had said Outlaws was some epic Star Wars adventure that will let you explore the Star Wars universe for 100+ hours I'd be all over it. Instead, it's just a small little story about female Han Solo. Ubisoft's writing, quest design, and characters are all lackluster so I have no interest in a game like that from them, if I want that kind of game my time is better spent elsewhere.

I thought Valhalla was a medicore game but I enjoyed it for about 300 hours. If it had been 60 hours for 100%, I would have been really pissed. If your game is going to be mid then it at least needs to be big.

1400 hours actually and yes, that's my point.

If Ubisoft had said Outlaws was some epic Star Wars adventure that will let you explore the Star Wars universe for 100+ hours I'd be all over it. Instead, it's just a small little story about female Han Solo. Ubisoft's writing, quest design, and characters are all lackluster so I have no interest in a game like that from them, if I want that kind of game my time is better spent elsewhere.

I thought Valhalla was a medicore game but I enjoyed it for about 300 hours. If it had been 60 hours for 100%, I would have been really pissed. If your game is going to be mid then it at least needs to be big.

If that is the case, you can probably get 200-300 hours out of this. To get 100% in these games you'll spend a lot more time than just the story/side quests.

I spent 130 hours in Valhalla I think, and that was just doing the quests. If this game is half of that, well, I'd assume you would still get a lot of time out of the extra if doing the "completionist" thing.

Last edited:
It's Star Wars most watched series in 80s on Laser Disks

Last edited:
that Acolyte series currently airing on Disney+ is pretty good...set in the High Republic Era...first SW movie or TV series to show that time period

that Acolyte series currently airing on Disney+ is pretty good...set in the High Republic Era...first SW movie or TV series to show that time period
Ha! Space lesbians being called "good" is a new one for me, as it is the most woke production by Disney yet. Supposedly it is being canceled sooner than later.

You probably like the main star rage twerking for DEI too.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8aorYEx2ZQ/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=d7a8ea69-22e2-4435-960b-5fb775107d56

Andor is the only star wars show worth watching

The Star Wars franchise is effectively dead from a creative standpoint. It's more like a series of big budget mcdonald's happy meals at this point. No nutritional value whatsoever so to speak. Junk. In the studios can't pump them out fast enough because they know indiscriminate viewers will just slurp it up.

Andor is the only star wars show worth watching

The Star Wars franchise is effectively dead from a creative standpoint. It's more like a series of big budget mcdonald's happy meals at this point. No nutritional value whatsoever so to speak. Junk. In the studios can't pump them out fast enough because they know indiscriminate viewers will just slurp it up.

I agree that Andor is a good show. The Obi Wan mini series was okay, but seemed contradictory to the original series. Mandalorian I have not bothered with after the first episode, was not really interested in it. Seems like everything else though is crap.

Can you explain what's actually good about it?

when I look at a movie or TV series I focus on the bigger picture...when I say 'good' I don't mean it's the best SW content or best SW series...what I look at is the fact that we're seeing a period of time in SW history that we've never seen before in live action (High Republic era)...plus the focus is not on the Skywalkers or the same thing that every SW movie and TV series has dealt with for the past 40+ years...plus we get to see the origins of the Sith (they mostly moved away from that with the recent sequel trilogy, Mandalorian etc)

I just don't own Disney plut but recently bought a Google Chromecast now I don't even use that. I might bringe in some newer Starwars on vacation. So what series is Asoka in? She's on front image of all the Vizios at Walmart.

we're seeing a period of time in SW history that we've never seen before in live action (High Republic era)
...plus the focus is not on the Skywalkers or the same thing that every SW movie and TV series has dealt with for the past 40+ years...
plus we get to see the origins of the Sith (they mostly moved away from that with the recent sequel trilogy, Mandalorian et
All of this made me excited for the series. But they've essentially taken a dump on all of it. There's no sense of pace, tension, or stakes. Emotional tones swing *wildly* within a single scene, and performances are all over the place.

when I look at a movie or TV series I focus on the bigger picture...when I say 'good' I don't mean it's the best SW content or best SW series...what I look at is the fact that we're seeing a period of time in SW history that we've never seen before in live action (High Republic era)...plus the focus is not on the Skywalkers or the same thing that every SW movie and TV series has dealt with for the past 40+ years...plus we get to see the origins of the Sith (they mostly moved away from that with the recent sequel trilogy, Mandalorian etc)
So it is not good, just set in a different era? That's what that sounds like. I actually agree that in of itself it would've been great to explore a different era, except they didn't actually explore anything,

it's like they had a story outline but never figured out the details. What's interesting is that I saw an interview with Headland and she is literally flabbergasted that people want the show to make sense and things to be explained. The writing is so bad that it sets a new low watermark. For example there is no sense of time and distance, people just pop to and from places in an instant.

Motivations and goals of characters flip flop for no reason whatsoever. They think they are presenting the villains as misunderstood anti-heroes when in reality they are just pure evil. But according to Headland they are the representation of the anti establishment position, which in her head makes them the equivalent of the rebels/resistance in the OT.

They kill off the most intriguing character off screen. And claim it wasn't in the budget to do it on screen. This cost 180 million dollars, 22.5 million / episode. A million dollars / minute if we remove the intro and the credits. This show is a crime against humanity, in my opinion.

This cost 180 million dollars, 22.5 million / episode. A million dollars / minute if we remove the intro and the credits. This show is a crime against humanity, in my opinion.
That's called money laundering.

If you want new original Star Wars stories the future is bright...
The next movie is the Boba Fett & Yoda movie...wait...I mean Mando & Grogu. Then after that the Rey Palpati...err...SKYWALKER movie. 😂

when I look at a movie or TV series I focus on the bigger picture...when I say 'good' I don't mean it's the best SW content or best SW series...what I look at is the fact that we're seeing a period of time in SW history that we've never seen before in live action (High Republic era)..
Actually, no. They fucked this up completely. The era shown in the TV show looks just like it does during the original trilogy. There is nothing besides having a lot of Jedi around to show us a Jedi Order at the peak of its power, influence or status in the galaxy. The galaxy at large doesn't look any different than what we see in Episode IV or any other time. It's just as dirty, gritty and crappy looking as most of what we've seen. We really don't see places other than Coruscant with any grandeur or splendor to them. Every planet is still a shit hole. Everyone is still in abject poverty.

The only place we truly see evidence of the High Republic being anything special is in the Jedi Survivor game were temple ruins depict the remains of the Jedi Order at its peak.
.plus the focus is not on the Skywalkers or the same thing that every SW movie and TV series has dealt with for the past 40+ years...plus we get to see the origins of the Sith (they mostly moved away from that with the recent sequel trilogy, Mandalorian etc)
That's funny because the only movies that focus on the Skywalker family are the original six films. The sequel trilogy really doesn't despite its claims to the contrary. All that shows is the Palpatine family triumph over the Skywalkers and the latter family being shattered and in total decline. We are also not seeing the origins of the Sith in that show. We actually know just as much about the Sith order and origins in the EU as we do the Jedi. None of that is being depicted here. Seeing Smilo Ren come out of a random body of water with his dick out has nothing to do with the origins of the Sith. Communist Lesbian Space witches have nothing to do with the origin of the Sith. All the "story" of the Acolyte does is undermine George Lucas's work and the things the fans actually liked.

That's funny because the only movies that focus on the Skywalker family are the original six films. The sequel trilogy really doesn't despite its claims to the contrary

what??...are you serious?...the sequel trilogy was still mainly about the Skywalkers mixed in with a new generation...Luke, Leia (who would have played a role in the final movie if not for Carrie Fisher's death), Han...along with Chewbacca, Lando, Yoda etc...was nostalgia wrapped up in a new generation...the move was a direct riff on the original trilogy this time with Han and Leia's son as the new Anakin...not to mention another new Death Star etc

I'm not sure how anyone could watch the sequel trilogy and not see the obvious...they were retelling the OT with a crappy new generation of characters

what??...are you serious?...the sequel trilogy was still mainly about the Skywalkers mixed in with a new generation...Luke, Leia (who would have played a role in the final movie if not for Carrie Fisher's death), Han...along with Chewbacca, Lando, Yoda etc...was nostalgia wrapped up in a new generation...the move was a direct riff on the original trilogy this time with Han and Leia's son as the new Anakin...not to mention another new Death Star etc

I'm not sure how anyone could watch the sequel trilogy and not see the obvious...they were retelling the OT with a crappy new generation of characters

It was about a Palpatine. Skywalkers we're in it, but they were so inconsistently written from their original versions as to be irreconcilable with their depictions in previous material. Insufficient explanations were given for changes in core character behaviors.

Again, it was also more about the Palpatine girl and the new characters than the Skywalkers. Despite Disney's claims to the contrary, it's absurd to call that abortion of a trilogy part of the Skywalker saga.

Back