• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Star Wars Outlaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Good game it's the nuances that make it good. If you watched all the videos and reviews guess what you spoiled the entire game.
It doesn't have the complexity of a traditional MMO but it comes close to what it brings. I suspect a sequel will be made down the road because UBIs IPs are milked to the bone mainly Assassin Creed and Far Cry.
 
Dude, and I mean this with all sincerity, go pound sand. You just want an excuse to act like a jackass and pretend you have some moral superiority because people have different tastes in fucking video games.
I think this is best description applicable for non players arguing about this video game. It is not perfect but I am having a good time with it and will likely finish it. Solid 8/10 from me for now even with the known bugs which I expect to be patched as UBI supports its games.
 
Exactly why I'm excited but waiting. I played CP2077 when it first came out and again early this year (after the version bump). It's a waaay better game now. I'm hoping to wait out the patching process but also excited to play eventually.
 
Mods are already starting to show up for the game. In six months to a year, it should be a great game between Ubisoft finishing it and the modding community actually doing what players want to it.
I get the same feeling.. a little like the cp 2077 release.. after about a year it'll be a lot more solid. I haven't hit too many bugs but it for sure feels pretty rough around the edges in places.. that's not stopping me from playing or anything though.
 
This 100%

Low standards, FOMO, not valuing your time, and overall passivity w regard to being susceptible to marketing are all qualities that I see on display from folks here in these forums w regard to buying low quality AAA games simply because the marketing is aggressive enough. To put it simply, some of you all are lemmings as far as buying games goes.
I’m a total lemming. I’ll buy any triple-A title that interests me. I’m subscribed to Gamepass and to EA’s service, and (this month only) to Ubisoft’s service.

Gaming is the one thing that brings real joy to my life…for right or wrong. It’s been a bit of a monkey on my back in life, but it’s also gotten me through a lot of tough times.

Anyway, I nearly died in hospital last year, and at my age time is far more important than money. I’m going to game like an addict until I die because I love, love, love this hobby!
 
I’m a total lemming. I’ll buy any triple-A title that interests me. I’m subscribed to Gamepass and to EA’s service, and (this month only) to Ubisoft’s service.

Gaming is the one thing that brings real joy to my life…for right or wrong. It’s been a bit of a monkey on my back in life, but it’s also gotten me through a lot of tough times.

Anyway, I nearly died in hospital last year, and at my age time is far more important than money. I’m going to game like an addict until I die because I love, love, love this hobby!
You must do what you feel is right, of course. -Obi Wan Kneobi
 
I’m a total lemming. I’ll buy any triple-A title that interests me. I’m subscribed to Gamepass and to EA’s service, and (this month only) to Ubisoft’s service.

Gaming is the one thing that brings real joy to my life…for right or wrong. It’s been a bit of a monkey on my back in life, but it’s also gotten me through a lot of tough times.

Anyway, I nearly died in hospital last year, and at my age time is far more important than money. I’m going to game like an addict until I die because I love, love, love this hobby!
Glad you are still with us! Yeah I keep telling people on discord that can't believe i'm 55 that I am gonna game it hard until I can't. Now that I am home literally all the time gaming is an essential part of good mental health. It's my trip out of the house without leaving the house. ;)
 
I get the same feeling.. a little like the cp 2077 release.. after about a year it'll be a lot more solid. I haven't hit too many bugs but it for sure feels pretty rough around the edges in places.. that's not stopping me from playing or anything though.
It wouldn't necessarily stop me either. However, after being house poor for the last two years I'm far more discerning of how I spend my money even though I'm out of that situation now. I can wait for the game to be updated and buy it at a later date and hopefully but the time I'm ready to play it the game will be available at a reduced price. If the news about low sales are true, that will happen sooner rather than later.
 
It wouldn't necessarily stop me either. However, after being house poor for the last two years I'm far more discerning of how I spend my money even though I'm out of that situation now. I can wait for the game to be updated and buy it at a later date and hopefully but the time I'm ready to play it the game will be available at a reduced price. If the news about low sales are true, that will happen sooner rather than later.
If modders are working on it, maybe they will mod in the original model for the game. I would be down with that!
 
It wouldn't necessarily stop me either. However, after being house poor for the last two years I'm far more discerning of how I spend my money even though I'm out of that situation now. I can wait for the game to be updated and buy it at a later date and hopefully but the time I'm ready to play it the game will be available at a reduced price. If the news about low sales are true, that will happen sooner rather than later.
Oh for sure.. and crazy people out there spending like 130 and that madness to play the game three days early. wtf? at 70 bucks I am super glad I do enjoy the game a lot and will be playing it for a while. The sneaking around stuff can be tedious though.. I prefer a stand-up fight to all that seakin' around! That aside it's very easy to get lost in the world.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Oh for sure.. and crazy people out there spending like 130 and that madness to play the game three days early. wtf? at 70 bucks I am super glad I do enjoy the game a lot and will be playing it for a while. The sneaking around stuff can be tedious though.. I prefer a stand-up fight to all that seakin' around! That aside it's very easy to get lost in the world.

You're paying for the expansions and some over priced cosmetic DLC. A perk of the bundles these days seems to be "play sooner", which is dumb for a single player game.
 
Love how people who haven’t played the game have the most opinions…
I stopped buying UBI games a long time ago. Same with EA. I stopped enjoying Splinter Cell after Chaos Theory( because it was watered down into a dumb action game for casuals). I stopped enjoying Farcry after the third game (uninspired copy/paste gameplay over and over again). I would wait every three titles and give them another chance but I've been doing that for more than a decade and they just don't have it anymore. They apply the same regurgitated, tired, tropes over and over again when it comes to gameplay and their obsession with poorly written girl boss characters that are now uglified on purpose is just another reason for me to not waste an hour of my time. Especially when the majority who did play it said it was trash and even untrustworthy review sites like IGN gave it a 7 which means it's a 5. One look at the first game art that was released and I knew it was another compromised activist turd. If anything this just shows how many are willing to buy a turd as long as it's wrapped in a star wars wrapper. You would think after what Disney did to the movies they would have been clued in by now. If people have nothing better to do than play this and they are finding enjoyment out of it then I am cool with that but I'm still happy it failed. Maybe next time the IP will go to a studio that hires skilled artists instead of activists. Good luck to UBI with the next Assassins Creed, I'll be waiting on that racist turd to splatter and celebrate it's death as well.
 
Glad you are still with us! Yeah I keep telling people on discord that can't believe i'm 55 that I am gonna game it hard until I can't. Now that I am home literally all the time gaming is an essential part of good mental health. It's my trip out of the house without leaving the house. ;)
Only 55? I'm 69 and still play every day. The only game I play on line is TF2. All my other gaming is single player only. Just a FYI - as you get older, your reflexes will take a hit, and you won't be able to sit in that chair more than 2 hours until your body hurts. Trust me - I know.
 
gaming is an essential part of good mental health. It's my trip out of the house without leaving the house. ;)
Yes! I’ve been saying this for decades… even when all I had was a monochrome monitor and an IBM PC… that, with computer games, there are worlds inside my monitor, and that when I escape to those worlds I completely forget about the real world.

That said, I still love my job as a gardener. I work at a huge senior’s home, and it’s just incredibly gratifying work. I’m so lucky!
 
Yes! I’ve been saying this for decades… even when all I had was a monochrome monitor and an IBM PC… that, with computer games, there are worlds inside my monitor, and that when I escape to those worlds I completely forget about the real world.

That said, I still love my job as a gardener. I work at a huge senior’s home, and it’s just incredibly gratifying work. I’m so lucky!
So you live in an old folks home and Ben Stiller said you pulled gardening duty?
Hal's_Name_Tag.jpg
 
i have an question. I dont had this sequence when Gatekeepper droid in mansion whants password to pass. I skip that. Is this possible? So i am later in game.Maybe i go other way?
 
I am hooked. 12 plus hours and only visited 2 planets. Game is really enjoyable and the Intel stuff is really fun to go around and seek out.
 
Seems like this game is only 30 hours even if doing side missions (checking How Long to Beat)? Shorter than I thought. I was wondering why one studio did an Avatar game and then released a Star Wars game a year later. Seems like Avatar got more of the development time/budget. Would have preferred if it was the other way around. Will pick one of these games and start playing it next week and maybe do both if I have the time.
 
So, I’ll try to say this in a nice way… but the comparison between this game being uncooked, and Cyberpunk being uncooked (if I’m reading correctly), is not accurate.

I agree that the YouTube videos are eyebrow raising, but I’m not actually seeing a lot of the things that are being highlighted.

I disagree quite strongly that this game could use another year in the oven - but that’s just my opinion.

It’s not a great, great game - because it’s a little too mainstream. But I can understand why the developers held back a little.

The atmosphere is truly great - and almost worth the price of admission alone… almost.

(Also, I’m surprised that the little pet thing isn’t annoying me. The developers have integrated the thing fairly unobtrusively. LOL.)
 
Actually the pet is quite helpful without becoming a nuisance. There are some path finding issues with it and it sometimes teleports etc. which is immersion breaker but otherwise as a gameplay tool, it does its job fairly well.

I am enjoying the fuck outta this game. If you keep doing Intel and contracts then that alone is about 20-30 hours it seems.
 
STAR WARS OUTLAWS
Title Update 1.1.2
A new patch has been deployed for Star Wars Outlaws across all platforms.
Firstly, we would like to thank you all for the amazing positivity and support following the launch of Star Wars Outlaws! Your passion, love for Kay, Nix, our Open World and all your amazing creations through our Photo mode has been a real inspiration for the whole team.
In this patch, we focused on early feedback to address some issues you may have encountered and improve PC performance as well as overall stability. Additionally, cross progression and saves through Ubisoft Connect is now available. You can read more about it here.
Many other improvements and fixes have been implemented to make your adventures smoother. You can find the complete list below.
As we continue to work on future updates for Star Wars Outlaws, we will keep on carefully listening to your feedback and experience in the game. Thank you for your support and see you in the outer rim!
HIGHLIGHTS:
  • Tweaks and improvement on some challenging stealth moments.
  • Cross-progression and saving is now available.
  • Overall PC performance improvement and optimization.
  • Crash fixes and stability improvements across all platforms.
  • "Old School Cool" trophy can now be unlocked for PlayStation 5 players so you can finally platinum the game!
  • The "Hyperspace" mission is fixed, you can now take off.
  • Various bug fixes affecting quest flow.
DETAILS:
Patch Sizes:

  • PlayStation®5: 1.92 GB
  • Xbox Series X|S: 2.25 GB
  • PC: 1.89 GB
New Feature
  • Cross-progression and saving is now available between all platforms through Ubisoft Connect. More info on this here.
Performance & Stability
  • Various crash fixes and stability improvements across all platforms.
  • PC performance improvements and optimization across the game.
  • Improvement for FPS drops during some scenes.
  • VRAM Improvement.
  • Higher graphic fidelity when using ray reconstruction and frame generation technologies.
UI, HUD and Settings
  • Game version will now be visible from the settings.
  • Quality mode will be set as default on console.
  • Corrected default settings for motion blur on quality mode for consoles.
  • HDR Brightness values have been modified.
Graphics
  • Various graphics and lighting fixes.
  • All cinematics now supported on ultra-wide screens.
Audio
  • Fix for potential music loss when fast-travelling in Toshara.
Worlds, Fauna and Flora
  • Many additional idle animations for NPC have been added across all planets.
  • Fixed an issue where the Imperial Speeder Bike 74-z would be missing a part.
General Gameplay
  • It is now less likely to be detected while rolling.
  • Level of detection adjusted depending on location.
MAIN & SIDE QUESTS(beware of spoilers)
Toshara

  • Fixed the issue where the energy barrier in Kerro's Speakeasy would not be disabled after successfully slicing the terminal.
  • "The Underworld" - NPC numbers have been adjusted and environmental guidance markers added to better facilitate infiltration.
  • "The Mechanics"- Fixed the issue where Kay would spawn outside the quest area if she died inside the wind turbine.
  • "The Wreck" - AI detection has been adjusted.
  • "Hyperspace" - Fixed the issue where no prompt was shown to take off.
Tatooine
  • "Partners" - Fixed the issue where Kay would not gain wanted levels on other planets when reaching the objective "Meet with Hoss in the cantina".
Akiva
  • "The Veteran" - Fixed the issue where "reporting to the droid" objective would not update after reporting back to MT-7.
Miscellaneous
  • "Old School Cool" trophy can now be unlocked for PlayStation 5 players.
  • Inverting one axis in the controls menu will no longer invert the other one in Photo mode.
  • Nix accessories and treats can now be checked in the loadout menu while Kay Vess is piloting the Trailblazer.
 
Oh my god… I literally just spent two minutes browsing through EA’s app, wondering what the hell happened to my install? Then I couldn’t find the game anywhere in the library, and I actually swore out loud. LOL.
 
Oh my god… I literally just spent two minutes browsing through EA’s app, wondering what the hell happened to my install? Then I couldn’t find the game anywhere in the library, and I actually swore out loud. LOL.
Haha, yeah wrong launcher :D.
? Did you find it?
Not in the ea app, he didn't ;). I'm sure he did after in ubisoft connect. :)
 
Last edited:
Just curious, does the story/ setting hold for those that don't care about star wars universe or lore but just want to play a space action adventure? Been playing AC Valhalla, and I surprisingly like it, and this looks like a shorter, tighter and much graphically prettier package than that?
 
Just curious, does the story/ setting hold for those that don't care about star wars universe or lore but just want to play a space action adventure? Been playing AC Valhalla, and I surprisingly like it, and this looks like a shorter, tighter and much graphically prettier package than that?
Yes. The intro is dogshit though. You have to push through it.
 
I thought the game was alright. I disliked the saving and too much forced progression. I was going to try and go through a bunch of side missions closer to the end, and one quest forced me to finish it, would not let me track anything else or continue others, and it was long and multipart, so I got annoyed and figured I'm just gonna finish the story and be done. If I was to rate it, I'd give it a 6/10, seeing as it felt like a surface level mishmash of games with a Star Wars coat of paint. The lockpicking mechanic was kinda fun, but I disliked slicing.

I won't replay for factions or to finish contracts/side quests, but it was good enough for a single playthrough.
 
Jedi Survivor just got patched, so I re-installed it to check out the performance, and what struck me the most, when I returned to Outlaws, was just how ‘Star Wars-y’ it actually is.

This might not make much sense to a lot of people, but for me, when I’m playing Outlaws I feel completely immersed in the Star Wars universe, whereas Jedi Survivor somehow feels more like a game with a Star Wars theme to it - almost like an amusement park ride.

I get it that Jedi Survivor is on rails, but it’s more than that. The Outlaws game seems to ‘nail Star Wars’ in a way that other Star Wars games haven’t. At least for me. I’m sure many will disagree.
 
Jedi Survivor just got patched, so I re-installed it to check out the performance, and what struck me the most, when I returned to Outlaws, was just how ‘Star Wars-y’ it actually is.

This might not make much sense to a lot of people, but for me, when I’m playing Outlaws I feel completely immersed in the Star Wars universe, whereas Jedi Survivor somehow feels more like a game with a Star Wars theme to it - almost like an amusement park ride.

I get it that Jedi Survivor is on rails, but it’s more than that. The Outlaws game seems to ‘nail Star Wars’ in a way that other Star Wars games haven’t. At least for me. I’m sure many will disagree.
Yep. That's why I personally rate Outlaws a little bit higher. From a pure game design standpoint the Jedi Survivor games are 'better' overall, but I actually prefer Outlaws because it feels like an actual lived in game world. Only game that comes close to that feeling to me was SWG during it's prime player population.
 
Title Update 1.1.2

A new patch has been deployed for Star Wars Outlaws across all platforms.
Firstly, we would like to thank you all for the amazing positivity and support following the launch of Star Wars Outlaws! Your passion, love for Kay, Nix, our Open World and all your amazing creations through our Photo mode has been a real inspiration for the whole team.
In this patch, we focused on early feedback to address some issues you may have encountered and improve PC performance as well as overall stability. Additionally, cross progression and saves through Ubisoft Connect is now available. You can read more about it here.
Many other improvements and fixes have been implemented to make your adventures smoother. You can find the complete list below.
As we continue to work on future updates for Star Wars Outlaws, we will keep on carefully listening to your feedback and experience in the game. Thank you for your support and see you in the outer rim!
HIGHLIGHTS:
  • Tweaks and improvement on some challenging stealth moments.
  • Cross-progression and saving is now available.
  • Overall PC performance improvement and optimization.
  • Crash fixes and stability improvements across all platforms.
  • "Old School Cool" trophy can now be unlocked for PlayStation 5 players so you can finally platinum the game!
  • The "Hyperspace" mission is fixed, you can now take off.
  • Various bug fixes affecting quest flow.
DETAILS:
Patch Details (6922831.TU1):

  • PlayStation®5: 1.92 GB (version 01.001.001)
  • Xbox Series X|S: 2.25 GB (version 1.0.1.1)
  • PC: 1.89 GB (version 1.0.1.2)
New Feature
  • Cross-progression and saving is now available between all platforms through Ubisoft Connect. More info on this here.
Performance & Stability
  • Various crash fixes and stability improvements across all platforms.
  • PC performance improvements and optimization across the game.
  • Improvement for FPS drops during some scenes.
  • VRAM Improvement.
  • Higher graphic fidelity when using ray reconstruction and frame generation technologies.
UI, HUD and Settings
  • Game version will now be visible from the settings.
  • Quality mode will be set as default on console.
  • Corrected default settings for motion blur on quality mode for consoles.
  • HDR Brightness values have been modified.
Graphics
  • Various graphics and lighting fixes.
  • All cinematics now supported on ultra-wide screens.
Audio
  • Fix for potential music loss when fast-travelling in Toshara.
Worlds, Fauna and Flora
  • Many additional idle animations for NPC have been added across all planets.
  • Fixed an issue where the Imperial Speeder Bike 74-z would be missing a part.
General Gameplay
  • It is now less likely to be detected while rolling.
  • Level of detection adjusted depending on location.
MAIN & SIDE QUESTS(beware of spoilers)
Toshara

  • Fixed the issue where the energy barrier in Kerro's Speakeasy would not be disabled after successfully slicing the terminal.
  • "The Underworld" - NPC numbers have been adjusted and environmental guidance markers added to better facilitate infiltration.
  • "The Mechanics"- Fixed the issue where Kay would spawn outside the quest area if she died inside the wind turbine.
  • "The Wreck" - AI detection has been adjusted.
  • "Hyperspace" - Fixed the issue where no prompt was shown to take off.
Tatooine
  • "Partners" - Fixed the issue where Kay would not gain wanted levels on other planets when reaching the objective "Meet with Hoss in the cantina".
Akiva
  • "The Veteran" - Fixed the issue where "reporting to the droid" objective would not update after reporting back to MT-7.
Miscellaneous
  • "Old School Cool" trophy can now be unlocked for PlayStation 5 players.
  • Inverting one axis in the controls menu will no longer invert the other one in Photo mode.
  • Nix accessories and treats can now be checked in the loadout menu while Kay Vess is piloting the Trailblazer.
 
Man, this game hits so many right notes. Loving it.

Punch it!
I didn’t think much of Outlaws during the first four or five hours, but I felt myself growing to admire it the more I played it, and now I think it’s easily my favourite Star Wars… experience. I’m not all that invested in the actual gameplay, but most of the game is really just about experiencing Star Wars. It’s a really good game… maybe even under-rated.
 
All the gameplay footage I've seen of the world traversal (speeder usage aside) looks like: "We have Jedi Survivor at home."

After around 2 hours, I feel that is correct. Maybe it gets better but so far it is the blandest "sneaking" game mixed with the blandest 3rd person shooter gameplay. Got outdoors finally though, and frame rates dropped. Will have to turn things down. It looks okay, but the frame rates are too low for the overall image quality IMO.

Will see how it goes.

Outlaws-20240920_00h38m58s-2560x1440.png


Edit: Even with some settings turned down this game is pushing my RTX 4070 Super to its limits. Running out of VRAM, so had to turn off RTX DI as I was running into non-loading texture issues. With more things being turned off it looks even more bland, and the performance to image quality is quite bad, IMO.

This is with DLSS Quality. I am using Frame Generation as well because without it frame rates are too low.
 
Last edited:
Star Wars Outlaws Screenshot 2024.09.20 - 18.00.52.60.png
Star Wars Outlaws Screenshot 2024.09.20 - 18.13.35.30.png


Anyone know which settings to turn down/off for VRAM saving? Seems like no matter what I turn off I get these issues when going to the main hub on the first explore-able planet. If I am outside of this area it looks normal, the moment I go there though I get extremely low resolution textures. Even leaving that area requires a restart.

Seems like this game would require a 4090 for 2560x1440 at medium-high settings, which is a bit absurd.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top