• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Star Wars Outlaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
DF video said 21:9 was busted in this game (as in not displaying correctly, overcropped). Does PC suffer same issues?
 
DF video said 21:9 was busted in this game (as in not displaying correctly). Does PC suffer same issues?
No clue. I'm on an ultra wide 21:9 1440 monitor and it runs perfectly fine.

I thought it was the opposite problem, aren't they forcing a 21:9 aspect ratio for everything so if you don't have 21:9 that's the issue?
 
No clue. I'm on an ultra wide 21:9 1440 monitor and it runs perfectly fine.
Best way to test is take a screenshot from a 16:9 resolution and 21:9 one.. at the same spot.. This will tell you..
 
DF video said 21:9 was busted in this game (as in not displaying correctly, overcropped). Does PC suffer same issues?
Daniel owen test made it show like it work correctly now (i.e. wide screen do let you see more things on the side, at first it was just putting black bar with no upside)

And you obviously gain a bit FPS in black bar has their less pixel to fill.
 
Daniel owen test made it show like it work correctly now (i.e. wide screen do let you see more things on the side, at first it was just putting black bar with no upside)

And you obviously gain a bit FPS in black bar has their less pixel to fill.
cheers just checked it.. seems PC copy is perfect for ultra wide monitor. Console only has issues which i would never play this game on.. Also don't have a ps5.
 
Overall, after actually playing it for 10+ hours at this point I think most of the hate for this game isn't deserved...

reviewers didn't hate the game...it got solid 7's on average...not the greatest game but not terrible either...it's only the usual folks on [H] or online who don't play any recent games and all they do is post in the gaming threads about DEI or ugly female protagonists etc...there are people on here who literally have not played a game from the last 5 years yet post in every gaming thread looking for a reason to talk about wokeness or diversity even though they know they are not getting the game
 
reviewers didn't hate the game...it got solid 7's on average...not the greatest game but not terrible either...it's only the usual folks on [H] or online who don't play any recent games and all they do is post in the gaming threads about DEI or ugly female protagonists etc...there are people on here who literally have not played a game from the last 5 years yet post in every gaming thread looking for a reason to talk about wokeness or diversity even though they know they are not getting the game
Correct, it is not the worst game ever. As a reminder, he's been here the same amount of time as you, so he probably knows by now who is likely to complain about blatantly hideous characters and DEI and who will overlook/defend those things. Not sure why you felt the need to point that out except to take some shots at folks indirectly...how brave lol.

I'd be willing to bet that your statement is not true, and that many of those folks have indeed played newer games and are noticing somewhat of a shift in tone and/or quality among some more recent games. But please, you guys continue white knighting for legitimately awful games that no one wants like Saint's Row 2022 and Suicide Squad (note that Outlaws isn't included in that list, because as you said, it's not the worst) as if it's a few random curmudgeons on [H] and not the game quality or idiotic design decisions that are causing them to flop.
 
Correct, it is not the worst game ever. As a reminder, he's been here the same amount of time as you, so he probably knows by now who is likely to complain about blatantly hideous characters and DEI and who will overlook/defend those things. Not sure why you felt the need to point that out except to take some shots at folks indirectly...how brave lol.

I'd be willing to bet that your statement is not true, and that many of those folks have indeed played newer games and are noticing somewhat of a shift in tone and/or quality among some more recent games. But please, you guys continue white knighting for legitimately awful games that no one wants like Saint's Row 2022 and Suicide Squad (note that Outlaws isn't included in that list, because as you said, it's not the worst) as if it's a few random curmudgeons on [H] and not the game quality or idiotic design decisions that are causing them to flop.
I only joined this forum to talk about the fact that Doom3 is a better game compared to HL2.

I still stand by that.

Wouldn't it be nice to go back to 20 years ago when we were playing Doom3 and HL2 and stating the obvious facts that HL2 is a sub-par product? The times have changed.
 
The more I play it the more I've liked it. It's a solid 8 for me. It's not doing anything remarkable, but it's ultimately a solid game. It has strengths. Namely the sound. it's got a pretty decent original score, and everything sounds like Star Wars should. The highlight of the game is just walking around the larger settlements. No other Star Wars game has really captured this properly, and this one does. The graphics I would generally rate very high, but not on the same tier as Avatar simply because some of the texturing work can be low res and some of the human character models are just not that great.

I do really like a lot of the more unique open-world collectables they've added, and I also like the design decision of the different factions. The faction element can really change where/how you approach certain missions. This is also in my view one of the few games that successfully blends stealth/action properly. Neither is overpowered in most situations, and your choice of how to approach a mission can wildly vary. I do recommend immediately cranking the difficultly level for combat and stealth up. The default setting is too easy to the game's detriment.

Overall, after actually playing it for 10+ hours at this point I think most of the hate for this game isn't deserved. It does what it does above average, and offers some new/unique elements to the Ubisoft open world formula along with being an entirely new experience for Star Wars.
Wow, some of you guys are writing some really good posts.

I need more time with the game, but ultimately I’m weirdly not that excited by this game. Good game, but somehow it just doesn’t fascinate me. I can’t say why.
 
Correct, it is not the worst game ever. As a reminder, he's been here the same amount of time as you, so he probably knows by now who is likely to complain about blatantly hideous characters and DEI and who will overlook/defend those things. Not sure why you felt the need to point that out except to take some shots at folks indirectly...how brave lol

who are you talking about?...the guy I quoted?...I wasn't taking a shot at him at all...I just used his quote to make a bigger point...there are certain members here who only want to talk about DEI and its related agenda...they haven't played any new games in years that I've seen yet post in nearly every major new PC game thread just to talk on and on about those same things

a game might be bad or disappointing but it has very little to do with DEI or any of that stuff...some successful games have that stuff yet when a game fails they jump on it and use it as some sort of example...Outlaws sounds like a 7.5 or maybe 8 at best...not every game needs to be a 10 (or a zero)...most games lie somewhere in the middle
 
Last edited:
I'm just pleasantly surprised that the game isn't bad. I've been needing this to be passable to satiate the wife's love of Star Wars. Everything except Andor has been a major disappointment to her lately. Probably the case for everybody, really. She wanted to like the two Jedi games, but she's not into the twitchyness of that style of game. The plots were also a bit of a afterthought. This seems to be the kind of game she's been looking for.
 
I'm just pleasantly surprised that the game isn't bad. I've been needing this to be passable to satiate the wife's love of Star Wars. Everything except Andor has been a major disappointment to her lately. Probably the case for everybody, really. She wanted to like the two Jedi games, but she's not into the twitchyness of that style of game. The plots were also a bit of an afterthought. This seems to be the kind of game she's been looking for.
Wait… your wife likes Star Wars AND she plays computer games?
 
Star Wars Outlaws2024-8-28-16-9-33.jpg


The Cargo Hanger so close yet so far away.....I sided with the Crimsons and they put me though hell so far but nothing I can't figure out this game is pretty slick.
 
I posted it earlier in the thread. robbiekhan said it didn't make a difference.
No clue. I'm on an ultra wide 21:9 1440 monitor and it runs perfectly fine.

I thought it was the opposite problem, aren't they forcing a 21:9 aspect ratio for everything so if you don't have 21:9 that's the issue?
Yes, they're trying to force the 21:9 AR on everybody. Even though there is an option to make it "full frame," in-game and pre-rendered cutscenes are still shown in 21:9. I really hate that this is going to be a thing now since gen 9 consoles are currently tapped out. At least you can also adjust the FOV in this game on PC.
 
reviewers didn't hate the game...it got solid 7's on average...not the greatest game but not terrible either...it's only the usual folks on [H] or online who don't play any recent games and all they do is post in the gaming threads about DEI or ugly female protagonists etc...there are people on here who literally have not played a game from the last 5 years yet post in every gaming thread looking for a reason to talk about wokeness or diversity even though they know they are not getting the game
I'm actually ok with those people (whoever they are), someone needs to match their loudness whether they play DEI injected games or not. I'll just mostly just vote with my wallet, and this seems to be yet another mediocre open world Ubisoft whatever. Plus either pay out the ass or subscribe? [H]ard pass.
 
DF is saying it’s not 21:9 - but 16:9 with ‘black bars’.

That’s just plain weird.

If you’re going to do 21:9 then at least do it the way Sony does it.
 
DF is saying it’s not 21:9 - but 16:9 with ‘black bars’.

That’s just plain weird.

If you’re going to do 21:9 then at least do it the way Sony does it.
but but its "cinematic"....
 
First game where the ultrawide panel is really paying off.
 
Public Service Announcement (if you haven’t read through the thread):

NVIDIA RTX Direct Lighting should be set to off. The number of frames you lose is obscene, and arguably the game looks better at night with it off.

Just a bizarre setting.
 
Also… to avoid a spoiler… at the beginning of the game you go into a bar… and someone tries to sell you something… I actually bought it. LOL. I can’t believe I fell for that.
 
DF is saying it’s not 21:9 - but 16:9 with ‘black bars’.

That’s just plain weird.

If you’re going to do 21:9 then at least do it the way Sony does it.
Perhaps on the console version, but not the PC version. On the PC version you can see that 21:9 is properly Hor+ when you switch between the settings. It may be Vert- on console to improve performance.
 
The washed out look of the screen shot, not the texture issue. I was posting about the texture issue.
Come on people, read.



Do you even understand the stupid shit you post?
Was trying to help you. You get rude. Eh
 
There's got to be something seriously wrong with my game. This is what it looks like under both the "ultra" and "outlaw" settings, everything possible turned all the way up. I have no idea why the screen shots look so washed out, the colors and lighting look great but the textures and some of the models are absolute garbage.View attachment 675836View attachment 675837View attachment 675839
Are you playing in HDR? Looks like your screenshots aren't tonemapped.
 
HDR for gaming (on PC) seems to have a lot of issues while HDR for 4K Blu-ray discs, streaming TV shows and movies is perfect...is Windows 11 the main issue?...HDR console gaming also doesn't seem to have any issues
 
I've never had an issue with HDR in games on either Windows 10 or 11. If you take a screenshot in a program that wasn't designed to take HDR screenshots then it will display incorrectly.
 
HDR for gaming (on PC) seems to have a lot of issues while HDR for 4K Blu-ray discs, streaming TV shows and movies is perfect...is Windows 11 the main issue?...HDR console gaming also doesn't seem to have any issues

I feel like it has gone from troublesome to pretty consistent under Windows 11. In 9/10 instances you can just hit Win+Alt+B before starting a game and the game just recognizes it. A couple games like RE4 toggle it on themselves, which is even easier. The Windows HDR calibration app takes care of the color scheme, brightness, saturation, etc. To me the only caveats are when random AAA games simply don't support HDR at all for some reason. Usually those are just using the "Auto-HDR" function on consoles, and you can always enable that on PC, too.
 
I feel like it has gone from troublesome to pretty consistent under Windows 11. In 9/10 instances you can just hit Win+Alt+B before starting a game and the game just recognizes it. A couple games like RE4 toggle it on themselves, which is even easier. The Windows HDR calibration app takes care of the color scheme, brightness, saturation, etc. To me the only caveats are when random AAA games simply don't support HDR at all for some reason. Usually those are just using the "Auto-HDR" function on consoles, and you can always enable that on PC, too.

do I need to mess with the Windows HDR settings or can I disable it within Windows and only enable it via the individual game settings?...meaning just use HDR as an optional graphics setting like ray-tracing
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top