Star Wars: Battlefront Reboot

I still REALLY want this to be a good game.

it looks SO GOOD, but everyone who's played it says its pretty 'meh' once the visuals wear off.

That sucks. I really wanted it to be great as well. But I could tell early on it was another Titanfall.

it looks SO GOOD, but everyone who's played it says its pretty 'meh' once the visuals wear off.

what's really getting me is the lack of guns/customization. You have 10 guns with no ability to customize them and just a hand full of maps to play on. I really just like supremacy and walker assault but those rotate the same 4 maps, compared to other games like COD or destiny with a lot more guns and things to choose from it feels so shallow. It is a fun game but wears off quickly.

I found that in Hoth for instance it only took me an hour or two to get a grip on all the ways to sneak around the map and what not, where as to this day I havent quite mastered any of the BF4 maps having put 50-100 hours into the game.

Its like BF is a lasertag arena and Battlefront is one of those theme park VR rides. I still think I'll snag it up when its like $20 or something and all the dlc is out. No real defense I just have personal limits on what I'll pay $60 on. Like a jace, vryns prodigy fml.

yea I didn't mind the dumbing down of the game. Its star wars and looks great.

The no sale to me happened with they said it would have match making.

Sounds like the game is dead on PC....Wow sounds just like Every COD on the PC. Good job Dice!

I'm not a fan of match making either. But if it works I have no complaints.. It's when it doesn't work it sucks. So far I've had no issues. But I'm use to it from L4D.

It's freaking Star Wars... It should have had a kick ass single player campaign. Not getting it due to that, and it breaks my heart because when I first saw the trailers for it a years or so ago I was really pumped

Having never played the original battlefront games, I have nothing to inherently compare to. I find it a great 30 minute, few rounds at a time game. It seems very casual, and as someone who is crap at shooters, I appreciate it for what it is. Paid 40 for an origin code and don't regret it.

It is designed for 8 year olds people........move along.......this isn't the game you were looking for. :(

Most people made jokes that it would be a re-skinned battlefield. I'll bet that most of those people wish it was at LEAST a re-skinned battlefield, I know I am. It's disappointing, to say the least.

EA DICE has released a Star Wars Battlefront launch infographic that shows, among other things, Boba Fett as the most-played Hero or Villain. Luke is second, Han third, Leia fourth, Vader fifth and Palpy sixth

Other statistics reveal that less than one per cent of AT-ATs taken down have been done so by the Air Speeder's tow cables...they also reveal that the AT-ST is the deadliest machine on the battlefield...

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-launch-infographic

EA DICE has released a Star Wars Battlefront launch infographic that shows, among other things, Boba Fett as the most-played Hero or Villain. Luke is second, Han third, Leia fourth, Vader fifth and Palpy sixth

Other statistics reveal that less than one per cent of AT-ATs taken down have been done so by the Air Speeder's tow cables...they also reveal that the AT-ST is the deadliest machine on the battlefield...

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-launch-infographic

Yep everything lines up, Design award 2015 easily. In their defense, until the stupid Ewok crap AT-ST were pretty fucking scary. I'd probably shit my pants if faced with one.

luke skywalker seems to be the most deadly but boba fett is the most fun, imo. i usually choose boba fett.

Previous to last week this game played flawless for me. This week I am suffering lag issues and it is essentially unplayable for me. I would assume it's connectivity issues since a thing comes up in the upper right corner saying just that. This happens in every server I get into. Is there a way to see your ping? I could of sworn that Dice said they were going to have a real server browser for PC.

Previous to last week this game played flawless for me. This week I am suffering lag issues and it is essentially unplayable for me. I would assume it's connectivity issues since a thing comes up in the upper right corner saying just that. This happens in every server I get into. Is there a way to see your ping? I could of sworn that Dice said they were going to have a real server browser for PC.

sounds like you need to check your connection, a server browser wouldn't show your connection to be intermittent..

its pretty easy.. open a cmd do something simple like ping www.google.com -n 1000

now go play.. at the end of the 100 ping run see if you have any packet lose or if you have a large number in the max time your connection is intermittent

same thing happened to me, ended up needing a new cable model. mine would drop 5 packets every 100 which wouldn't show in a server browser.

luke skywalker seems to be the most deadly but boba fett is the most fun, imo. i usually choose boba fett.

I always pick Boba Fett and usually pick Luke unless I'm playing Supremacy and need to come from behind. Then I pick Leia. I find she's pretty good for capping points with her shield and 1-shot ability that can shoot through it. And if you get 2 competent guards with her you can clean house.

i was browsing recommended videos on youtube last night. anyone watched the review videos for this game? most don't seem like a review, more like paid overviews.

i was browsing recommended videos on youtube last night. anyone watched the review videos for this game? most don't seem like a review, more like paid overviews.

best reviews are let's plays, just watching people play the game is the best review cause then you can see the real mechanics and how it works.

I could of sworn that Dice said they were going to have a real server browser for PC.

DICE never said that, and there are now only 17,000 max players on PC....so what do you expect? To put that in perspective, there are more people playing Black Ops 3 (25,000) than Battlefront.

does anyone have issues with the partner start? it seems like the majority of the time I can't spawn on my partner, so I sit around waiting for it to light up so i can spawn on him, but most of the time he ends up dying and i've waited 10 seconds instead of just spawning back in and keeping the momentum going.

plus, a lot of the time i can't even see what he is doing, occasionally it will show me where he is and what he is doing but i can't figure out when or why it shows it to me. it seems very inconsistent. at least in battlefield 4 it would show your squad mates and say they're in combat. battlefront offers no such information.

does anyone have issues with the partner start? it seems like the majority of the time I can't spawn on my partner, so I sit around waiting for it to light up so i can spawn on him, but most of the time he ends up dying and i've waited 10 seconds instead of just spawning back in and keeping the momentum going.

plus, a lot of the time i can't even see what he is doing, occasionally it will show me where he is and what he is doing but i can't figure out when or why it shows it to me. it seems very inconsistent. at least in battlefield 4 it would show your squad mates and say they're in combat. battlefront offers no such information.

yeah i think it's similar to BF4 where you can't spawn on your squadmate if he's engaged in combat.

Back in November, a mod that enhanced the graphics of Star Wars Battlefront was showcased through screenshots...and now the first footage of the mod has been released...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA

impressive...most impressive

it might because i watched this on my phone, but i don't see much difference. it does look good, looks like a subtle change to an already fantastic looking game which is fine by me.

Last edited:
Doesn't look super different from what I remember in the beta but it does look damn good. Probably some of the best graphics I've ever see in a game.

Back in November, a mod that enhanced the graphics of Star Wars Battlefront was showcased through screenshots...and now the first footage of the mod has been released...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA

impressive...most impressive
Wow.... how much longer until graphics look this good all the time?
it might because i watched this on my phone, but i don't see much difference. it does look good, looks like a subtle change to an already fantastic looking game which is fine by me.

It's because you watched it on your phone. Pretty big difference, imo. Too bad the game sucks, though :(

sounds like you need to check your connection, a server browser wouldn't show your connection to be intermittent..

its pretty easy.. open a cmd do something simple like ping www.google.com -n 1000

now go play.. at the end of the 100 ping run see if you have any packet lose or if you have a large number in the max time your connection is intermittent

same thing happened to me, ended up needing a new cable model. mine would drop 5 packets every 100 which wouldn't show in a server browser.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to ask for a refund. It's my connection to their servers... nothing I can do about it.

Anyone else having a ton of stuttering lately? I thought it was my Surround setup but I tested it single monitor and it was still stuttering.

I wonder if a recent patch or drivers screwed up the game. It used to be as smooth as a babies butt.

Smash and grab if there ever was one, unfortunately. Terrible disservice to the Star Wars franchise, they should be ashamed.

All the BF4 people were hoping for the same level of communication/collaboration. They came, they saw, got disgusted and went back to BF4.

Game lacks depth. Trait cards should have been standard from level 1. No dedicated servers or server browser. Hacking is ramping up.

NO NO guys calm down, A. This is a great game B. Theres still a couple guys hanging around the office supporting it. They're already planning to release another map soon. The scene where anakin tries to flirt with padme by whining about sand. Its gonna be great! Hang in there guys!

NO NO guys calm down, A. This is a great game B. Theres still a couple guys hanging around the office supporting it. They're already planning to release another map soon. The scene where anakin tries to flirt with padme by whining about sand. Its gonna be great! Hang in there guys!

Can we get a link to this? I haven't seen the talk of this yet.

Back