Star Wars: Battlefront Reboot

I picked it up for the xb1 on sale last week. I tried playing from the couch and was doing horrible. Last night tried streaming the game to my PC. Wow, made a huge difference. My KDR shot way up, and the game was much more fun for me.

So is it worth blowing the $120 for the PC ultimate edition of the game? Much as I like star wars I dislilke EA :/ Haven't bought an EA game at full price since SSX Tricky on the Xbox. Back when they made good games.

Honestly fed up with all the mod/hacks in GTA V
Tired of Diablo III
Still working on the new Starcraft

Mostly playing Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online, Tera, and Phantasy Star Online 2 these days

Last edited:
So is it worth blowing the $120 for the PC ultimate edition of the game? Much as I like star wars I dislilke EA :/ Haven't bought an EA game at full price since SSX Tricky on the Xbox. Back when they made good games.

Tired of Diablo III

Mostly playing Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online, Tera, and Phantasy Star Online 2 these days

I don't think there is a game that is worth $120. Also on PC the servers aren't nearly as populated as before. I seem to get matches pretty fast solo, but if I queue with my buddy it takes forever. My definition of forever is 5 minutes before we get 1/2 the people necessary to start a match. If I can go take a leak and grab water before a match starts then it took too long.

buy the base game first... I usually buy the premium edition of all battlefield games, but this one i decided to pass on until my son begged for it. But no premium or ultimate for this one...
Its a very fun game.

I'm hoping we get some sort of DLC announcement soon. EA has been pretty quiet since the last patch.

I picked it up for the xb1 on sale last week. I tried playing from the couch and was doing horrible. Last night tried streaming the game to my PC. Wow, made a huge difference. My KDR shot way up, and the game was much more fun for me.

If you stream to your PC you can use KB+M?

Tired of Diablo III

I don't think the game is worth $120 but, I'm not a Star wars fan. The game is on sale on Origin atm for $36 (standard), $42 (deluxe), and $90 (ultimate). If you want to get it I'd suggest at least the deluxe version so you have a couple unlocks and won't get your shit completely pushed in.

Im a Star Wars fanatic, but this game is complete shit lol. To already be discounting it like they are says it all hahahaha.

I called it, this game will be dead as fast as Titanfall.

They definitely got this game out the door ASAP to take advantage of The Force Awakens hype.

Off topic, I'm no Star Wars fan. I didn't like any of the previous movies. I remember watching the originals when I was a kid and thinking that they sucked. BUT, I saw The Force Awakens in Imax 3D yesterday, and it's a damn good movie. I will watch them going forward.

Too bad this game sucks.

Been playing on/off for a few days now and this game lacks so much. It's ok filler, but it would really suck if the meat of the game is the DLC. No classes or specialties? Wtf.

Figured this would be the best place to post this. Current card is in sig. Looking to get an upgrade for under $200 as next year I will be doing a complete rebuild. Nvidia preferred...what should I look at fellas? Upgrade is mostly for playing Battlefront.

Figured this would be the best place to post this. Current card is in sig. Looking to get an upgrade for under $200 as next year I will be doing a complete rebuild. Nvidia preferred...what should I look at fellas? Upgrade is mostly for playing Battlefront.

if you're ok buying used, a GTX 970 from the FS/FT forum would work well. would probably be a bit over $200.

if you're ok buying used, a GTX 970 from the FS/FT forum would work well. would probably be a bit over $200.

If you do, I suggest avoiding Asus. Their RMA support is atrocious and it can not be emphasized enough, as nice as people are on the Hard FS/FT people are still scummy, make sure you verify support from whomever you buy from. I used to be really into the trades here when we were all younglings but over the years a ton of andutech dipshit sleezeballs have migrated from other forums. I use the trades here very cautiously. Honestly I just check slickdeals, I got a rebate free 960 4GB a couple weeks ok for 170. Just have to keep an eye out.

/Sorry for interrupting

This game is good; I don't care what any one else says. What exactly are the problems with this game? I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs.

I've heard the game is "too shallow". This game has more game modes than most other multiplayer games I've played.

Matchmaking? I get into mostly full games every time I play, and I've never experienced any lag whatsoever.

Not enough customization? What is it with people and having to customize? I love Battlefield, but I swear I hate having to sit there and decide on which rifle, light machine gun, heavy machine gun, shotgun, etc I want to use and what attachments I'm going to use and look at all the benefits and trade offs I want. Just give me a gun to use and let me go. I remember in the old days you pretty much picked a character based on the looks of the character or like in fighting games you had to decide whether you wanted to be slow and powerful or fast and light. I don't give a crap about classes. It works in a game like Team Fortress 2, but in Battlefield there's not that much difference in classes. As far as teamwork goes, I don't experience that in any game I play. I try to stick around other people but they always run off to do their own thing.

The other thing I've read that people complain about are "terrible spawns". I haven't experienced this. I haven't been a victim of spawn camping. The only thing I see is I have to run far sometimes to get to a control point but I guess that's because they want to make it more of a challenge to get to it.

I finished first in a Blast match (albeit on a losing team), and I can tell you I've never come close to that in Battlefield 3 or 4. I also came in 3rd in a Turning Point match with 19 kills and 19 deaths. I guess because I can get double digit kills it says this game is not hardcore enough for most.

Matchmaking? I get into mostly full games every time I play, and I've never experienced any lag whatsoever.

And whenever I turn on the radio I get music also.

My complaint about Matchmaking is it is essentially the radio of gaming. I understand if you are playing ranked matches and all that, but for casual game play it is identical to turning on the radio. You pick a station and hope a song comes on you like.

Why can't I pick the game modes I like and the maps I like and be matched according to those rather than picking preset playlists if they are going to insist on matchmaking? If you are going to limit player choice by taking away the server browser, at least give me something that resembles it.

The game is fun to me, even as simple as it is. Do I wish I could have classes, server browser? Yeah, I do. Still it is fun, sounds great and it's gorgeous. I bought it for my PS4 to play with a friend and my son, but I also bought it on the PC to use kb+mouse. Not my favorite game, but far from the worst.

Im a Star Wars fanatic, but this game is complete shit lol. To already be discounting it like they are says it all hahahaha.

I called it, this game will be dead as fast as Titanfall.

It was on sale for Christmas, like many many other games were. It is back to regular price now.

This game is good; I don't care what any one else says. What exactly are the problems with this game? I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs.

in a nut shell - there is no game balance - take walker assault. If you log on and one side is dominating people will re-queue or leave the game entirely. I am still convinced people are hacking./aimbotting etc. I mean 75 kills and 3 deaths in a match? Spawn camping is rampant, and I can't tell you how many times I have zoned in already having a homing lock on me.

The spawn points for all items never change - so you can basically camp the hero spots, the orbital strikes etc.

The 6v6 battles are just plain mind numbing.

in a nut shell - there is no game balance - take walker assault. If you log on and one side is dominating people will re-queue or leave the game entirely. I am still convinced people are hacking./aimbotting etc. I mean 75 kills and 3 deaths in a match? Spawn camping is rampant, and I can't tell you how many times I have zoned in already having a homing lock on me.

The spawn points for all items never change - so you can basically camp the hero spots, the orbital strikes etc.

The 6v6 battles are just plain mind numbing.

there is so much LOL in this its not even funny...

battlefront has so much old school fun its funny you even complained about one of them we heard the same things back in Quake/UT days, when people would know and even know the timing of the "rocket launcher spawn"

Battlefront is such a fun game, its funny how you attribute "imbalance" to people leaving a match cause they joined into a losing side.. Been there done that since the dawn of multiplayer games (its not imbalance, its just people being poor gamers)

Spawn Camping - been there since the beginning, I hope you never played BF42, that would have driven you crazy.. Although in Battlefront (playing since day 1) I have rarely if ever been spawn camped - I can count maybe 4 times I died when I spawned in.. Turning point being the obviously exception,t into spawn camp issues since by the last point for the empire they are right by you and they pretty much have to kill you after you spawn to take that last point

if there is one thing I love about Battlefront (and there are many).. it falls into the category of "Just Play" - reminds me a lot of old school multiplayer gaming, looks great, fun to play.. and I'm super excited that it sold 13Million copies (660Million in revenue to date) which means hopefully there is more on the way

there is so much LOL in this its not even funny...

battlefront has so much old school fun its funny you even complained about one of them we heard the same things back in Quake/UT days, when people would know and even know the timing of the "rocket launcher spawn"

Battlefront is such a fun game, its funny how you attribute "imbalance" to people leaving a match cause they joined into a losing side.. Been there done that since the dawn of multiplayer games (its not imbalance, its just people being poor gamers)

Spawn Camping - been there since the beginning, I hope you never played BF42, that would have driven you crazy.. Although in Battlefront (playing since day 1) I have rarely if ever been spawn camped - I can count maybe 4 times I died when I spawned in.. Turning point being the obviously exception,t into spawn camp issues since by the last point for the empire they are right by you and they pretty much have to kill you after you spawn to take that last point

if there is one thing I love about Battlefront (and there are many).. it falls into the category of "Just Play" - reminds me a lot of old school multiplayer gaming, looks great, fun to play.. and I'm super excited that it sold 13Million copies (660Million in revenue to date) which means hopefully there is more on the way

Yeah I'm still having a ton of fun with the game. I find it a great game to pick up and play for a couple hours and just have some fun. Things may change when the first pay DLC is released since I only bought the base game but we'll see. I feel like I've definitely got my money's worth already.

The only spawn camping issue I've seen is on Hoth - Supremacy when you're rebels. There's a spawn point behind a hill towards the middle point that can be abused. I know because I've done it many times with an at-st. :)

And I have yet to run into anyone that seemed like they were hacking. Very high KDR scores can easily be done if you use things like turrets, at-st, heroes, are good at flying, or get that 3rd level bounty hunter bonus. Pretty similar to any Battlefield game in that regard.

Uhh game balance in this game would be simple since it keeps track of K/D ration...one side has a high k/d ? you re-balance the teams. I have seen matches where the top three or four on one side have more kills than the entire team on another side. At least some balance in 20v20 - leave the guild groups v pugs to 6v6.

Uhh game balance in this game would be simple since it keeps track of K/D ration...one side has a high k/d ? you re-balance the teams. I have seen matches where the top three or four on one side have more kills than the entire team on another side. At least some balance in 20v20 - leave the guild groups v pugs to 6v6.

that's ludicrous... are you saying that the top players should be forced to be on different teams in the middle of a public match?
the Just Play motto means just that.. Just Play.. don't let others success bring you down.. If you don't enjoy the game, that's fine.. just say you don't like it and move on..

I've been on the losing end of an all negative KDR team (including myself) and I still immensely enjoy the game.. and I've also been on the receiving end of an all negative KDR team that won the match (myself included)

I only do the 20v20 modes so my examples were just based off that, harder to have one team completely dominate the other. In 6v6 I could definitely see the frustration.

In 6v6, are you guys referring to the hero modes? I've only played those a few times. I mainly play Blast, Walker Assault, and Turning Point. I've been in close matches in those, and I've been in matches where it's lopsided and still had fun.

I have 3 copies of this game in all, 1 for my PC, 1 for my oldest son's XB1, and 1 for my youngest son's PS4.

Wow, this sold 13M copies already? Is there a breakdown of numbers by platform?

I want to grab it on sale since I loved the beta, but the pricing (even on sale) in Canada is just ridiculous for a "just play" type game. Still enjoying BF4...

I'm no hardcore Star Wars fan, but this game is a blast to play. The 'just play' for a couple hours is about how you should do it. The game looks great, sounds great and just Star Wars fun.

I remember playing the beta thinking the game was so fun. I was almost giddy after getting the Vader pickup like 5 minutes into the game. I haven't gotten a lot of the hero pickups but the same feeling comes over me. I always get smoked pretty quickly with them. I don't know how people move around so fast with them. I always get gang blastered before I seem to kill anyone.

It can be frustrating starting out in the game. I was getting homing shot, pulse cannoned, bow castered with jump pack to death and just couldn't kill anyone. Very frustrating when I was going 1-20. But once you pick up a few more of the cards and blasters I didn't feel so overwhelmed. I also liked that you could apply your partner's hand to your own so you can try out a couple advanced cards when just starting out.

I mostly play Walker Assault and Turning Point. What other modes are fun that you guys are playing?

The amount of cheese is insane in this game. Go watch the TotalBiscuit video on it and you'll know what I mean. Also, DL-44 LOL.

The amount of cheese is insane in this game. Go watch the TotalBiscuit video on it and you'll know what I mean. Also, DL-44 LOL.

It doesn't matter this isn't meant to be "serious business" it's just a light hearted fun pick up and play star wars game. Leave it at that and some of you might enjoy it and have fun.

You want bf4 style play go play bf4. This isn't that type of game.

It doesn't matter this isn't meant to be "serious business" it's just a light hearted fun pick up and play star wars game. Leave it at that and some of you might enjoy it and have fun.

You want bf4 style play go play bf4. This isn't that type of game.

I don't remember asking for bf4 style play. I guess it being a "light hearted fun pick up" game means we can just ignore any balance issues. Ok.

The gun fights are indeed fun. But too repetitive. I feel like I've seen it all already in Battlefront.
It needs atleast twice the depth to become an all around excellent shooter.

More maps, heroes,worthy to play game modes and could use more customizations.

The gun fights are indeed fun. But too repetitive. I feel like I've seen it all already in Battlefront.
It needs atleast twice the depth to become an all around excellent shooter.

More maps, heroes,worthy to play game modes and could use more customizations.

I'd setting for more maps. I don't really like the heroes, and I don't miss weapon customization and the like. In fact, I think the game is really, really fun. Everything that is there works great. It's fun. It looks and sounds incredible. There's just not enough of it, there should have been more maps.

Also, matchmaking sucks ass. That's my only big issue with the game.

While, I love the game as it's a great "pick up and play", I reached rank 50 and feel like I've gotten my money's worth so far but I honestly haven't played it for almost a month.

I put partial blame on getting Destiny for Christmas and playing Battlefront non-stop when I got it, though.

Curious as to when the next patch is going to drop to hopefully fix the remainder of the MM issues and bring about other tweaks.

I feel like if Star Wars was going to be a game, this is as close as anyone has gotten to the sounds and visuals of the movies.

You have to give it a chance. Once you get the jet pack it gets way more fun.

... I also haven't played it in a month... Addicted to world of warships...

This game is dissapointing if you are battlefront 2 fan, but sometimes it gives you things to enjoy. My friend bought it to me as Christmas present and we had great time playing it for few weeks.

Back