Socket AM2 Club!

(cf)Eclipse said:
which one, there's about 6 last i checked :p :D
The old S939 3500+'s don't OC for flipping shit. Best I've evern gotten one was 2.6Ghz and it wasn't stable, stable was 2.45Ghz.
 
I just picked up a 3200+ AM2 today (LBBVF 0622 DPKW) . I'm just waiting for my Asus mobo and 7600GT vc to arrive before testing. This will be my son's machine.

I wasn't going to purchase another one, but with CPU prices the way they are, I couldn't resist! :D
 
DSC00014.jpg


Here's my 3800+ X2! Add me to the list please! :D
 
ThatsAgood1jay said:
does anyone know why my ocz memory wont post on a MSI k9n sli premium?>
probably something in the spd that the board isn't liking
 
I thought the same thing when opening the package :p The box states that it is an NVidia recommended product, since when did they start recommending HSFs?

There is also a NVidia logo on the fan itself, and the fan has green LEDs.
 
BTW, I talked to our company's AMD Rep and sure enough, they cut the 1MB line.
 
saturnine2 said:
I thought the same thing when opening the package :p The box states that it is an NVidia recommended product, since when did they start recommending HSFs?

There is also a NVidia logo on the fan itself, and the fan has green LEDs.
pics in action?! :D
probably pretty cool
 
Best I can do with my crappy camera:




God I can't wait till that ram arrives..
 
am i screwed?. I get this MSI sli premium, OCZ ddr2 800, amd am2 x2 4000. As im looking in the msi booklet i see. "memory supported ddr2 533/667/800 1.8v". My ocz memory runs at 1.9v. so i think i can just enter the bios and make the volt change there. BUUUUUUUTTTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i cant get a signal to my monitor. i cant enter bios. and i dont know any ddr2 800 that runs at 1.8 volts. Am i screwed? or does someone have a cure?.
 
can you boot with one stick?

as i said, i have ram that's technically rated for 2.2v and it works just fine
 
Ive tryed that and it still gets stuck on memory detection test. Ive tryed both sticks in dimms 1/3 & 2/4 ive tryed both sticks in single sdimm 1 and i have had no luck.
 
ThatsAgood1jay said:
i cant get a signal to my monitor. i cant enter bios. and i dont know any ddr2 800 that runs at 1.8 volts. Am i screwed? or does someone have a cure?.
your BIOS may need to have a setting changed to use whatever is n your PCIe slot as the primary video card.

If you have a PCI video card around, give it a shot. If you have integrated video on that motherboard, try it also.
 
one thing i forgot to mention. Im useing the 250gb hdd out of the system i used to have. i told my brother before he dissasmbled that system to clear the hdd of all asus software and stuff. could something on the hdd be causing this?
 
ThatsAgood1jay said:
one thing i forgot to mention. Im useing the 250gb hdd out of the system i used to have. i told my brother before he dissasmbled that system to clear the hdd of all asus software and stuff. could something on the hdd be causing this?

Get a stick (lower speed) from a local Dealer or Best Buy, CompUSA to get it going and then return the RAM.
 
ThatsAgood1jay said:
Could i ever hit the "red button" on the motherboard to clear the bios of stock settings?
yes, you can. clearing the bios always gives me a checksum error, but other than that it's fine
 
Finally got around to uploading a picture... add me to the club :)

June-2006+185.jpg
 
saturnine2 said:
Best I can do with my crappy camera:

God I can't wait till that ram arrives..
whoa....congrats on your new system, it sure does look nice :D and your 6800GT is running strong in good hands :p
 
Ok.... I'm in...

Build...


Built...


Unfortunately... like others, I'm waiting to see if OCZ memory works with this MSI motherboard. My RMA'd stick still hasn't reached Newegg yet, and my wife will will have me fit-to-be-tied if I buy more ram, but using Web, (see sig,) sucks.

Edit: Pictures weren't working properly
 
What memory does everyone run with their Asus M2N-SLI boards? I'm looking for some DDR2-800mhz (atleast 1gb) memory for this system.
 
freeloader1969 said:
What memory does everyone run with their Asus M2N-SLI boards? I'm looking for some DDR2-800mhz (atleast 1gb) memory for this system.

I currently have G.Skills cheapest 800Mhz 2GB Kit, and also a Update: Newegg shipped out the replacement Mobo, should get it tuesday.
 
Great Deal for the Guy who's e-penis is berry berry small!
AM2 FX-62 GREAT PRICE!













I can't believe you fell for the oldest trick in the book!
hoo hoo hoo.



Seriously... $1500+.. Madness!
 
freeloader1969 said:
What memory does everyone run with their Asus M2N-SLI boards? I'm looking for some DDR2-800mhz (atleast 1gb) memory for this system.

2 GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 Low Latency CL4 Extreme Memory with Heat Spreader (2x1024)
 
This proc was a steal at $145, I can't wait for the upcoming price cuts....maybe I'll spend some book money on a little dual-core action ;)

 
Leon,

If you can. drop a line to me at wclarke@isp.com and I'll reply with a addy to an vendor's site and order form. That should verify since the e-mail addys will match up.

BTW I noticed that Velocity Micro dropped the same AM2s last night or early today as well. I mave be getting a collector's rtem :)
 
Well i finally got the system running. turns out the memory i got was completly fryed. i got a set from frys and am waiting for rma of new ram from the egg.


pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

please add to members :)
 
ThatsAgood1jay said:
Well i finally got the system running. turns out the memory i got was completly fryed. i got a set from frys and am waiting for rma of new ram from the egg.


pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

please add to members :)
Does that say FX 39? :p Added.
 
Back
Top