Socket AM2 Club!

Leon2ky said:
Does that say FX 39? :p Added.

He does not have an FX-62 Processor....

This was his previous quote:

am i screwed?. I get this MSI sli premium, OCZ ddr2 800, amd am2 x2 4000. As im looking in the msi booklet i see. "memory supported ddr2 533/667/800 1.8v". My ocz memory runs at 1.9v. so i think i can just enter the bios and make the volt change there. BUUUUUUUTTTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i cant get a signal to my monitor. i cant enter bios. and i dont know any ddr2 800 that runs at 1.8 volts. Am i screwed? or does someone have a cure?.

Leon2ky said:
Funny, I just bought a set of 2GB DDR800 for $184 after shipping earlier this week. :rolleyes:

Same here. I purchased OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 last week for $193 after shipping.

Leon2ky said:
No way he has a 4000+, they don't even exist.

There was a 4000+ X2 AM2 but they discontinued it.

IMG_0652.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

So am I in the kool kidz klub now?

z3r0- said:
There was a 4000+ X2 AM2 but they discontinued it

So am I in the kool kidz klub now?

Yes but they didn't really make it, they just said it was on the road map, then they removed it.

And the newest version of CPUZ is 1.34, not 1.33.

Leon2ky said:
Yes but they didn't really make it, they just said it was on the road map, then they removed it.

And the newest version of CPUZ is 1.34, not 1.33.

How can you be the "The President" if you do not even know what cpus are available retail??

:rolleyes:

fhpchris said:
How can you be the "The President" if you do not even know what cpus are available retail??

:rolleyes:
How can a jackass like you roll your eyes when 99% of all people who've ordered one have been sent a 4200+. :rolleyes: Also the only 1MB processors that made it to Retail were 4800+'s and in the rare occasion 4400+'s.

I ordered a 4400+ on June 5th. VM upgraded the order this past weekend to a 4600+. I'm not going to complain since they didn't charge a cent for doing so. :)

Hmm, my 3800+ was detected as dual-core by the A64 drivers :Confused:

The clockspeed was set to 2.0GHz, I fiddled wiwth CNQ in the BIOS and it reported the correct 2.4GHz, but it still says Dual-core...

What a tease :(

Leon2ky said:
How can a jackass like you roll your eyes when 99% of all people who've ordered one have been sent a 4200+. :rolleyes: Also the only 1MB processors that made it to Retail were 4800+'s and in the rare occasion 4400+'s.

UMMM the 4000+'s did make it to retail as my local store carried them.

So you should correct the list as the ayjay guy does not have an fx-62

I corrected the list but so few (maybe less than 1,000) 4000+s saw the light of day.

PassingThru said:
I ordered a 4400+ on June 5th. VM upgraded the order this past weekend to a 4600+. I'm not going to complain since they didn't charge a cent for doing so. :)

I would. The 4400+ has 1mb l2 cache making it a better chip.

Leon2ky said:
I corrected the list but so few (maybe less than 1,000) 4000+s saw the light of day.

http://www.excaliberpc.com/AMD_Athl...Winsdor/ADA4000IAA6CS/partinfo-id-565923.html

I thought about ordering one but decided to wait and just get a 3800+ since it should overclock just as well and will be around $77 cheaper and retail with a 3 year warranty and stock fan. This 4000+ AM2 is in stock but its OEM so i dont know what kind of warranty it has. Probably like 30 days.

From what I've read the cache difference isn't that critical, or is it? This will be my first experience with an AMD so I'm not that sure.

The 4400+ was a 2.2 chip while the 4600+ is a 2.4 chip. VM will give it a conservative overclock of around 5% from what I've read in reviews, so I should be looking at ~2.55 versus ~2.31.

z3r0- said:
Well what's VM and why don't you overclock it your self?
Velocity Micro, and maybe cause he doesn't know how or doesn't want to mess with his $2300 Computer.

I come from way back when hard overclocking was shorthand for "I burned up another board". :)

Actually if I felt I needed the extra speed I'd have gone for a 5000+. The "tuned" 4400+/4600+ should be fast enough to get me thru what I need to run these days without spending anymore. I can save the bucks to get a nice DirectX10 card when they come out.

Son of a bitch!!! I got ANOTHER MSI motherboard and I think it's DOA too!!! :mad: I'm going to take it to work with me tomorrow, we have some DDR2 RAM there and I believe we have a FX62, so I'll switch the RAM and the processor and the video to make sure it isn't one of those.

VanFanel89 said:
Because your sarcasm meter is not working :giggles:

;)

It's never been working... cause I don't have one :p

Leon2ky said:
Son of a bitch!!! I got ANOTHER MSI motherboard and I think it's DOA too!!! :mad: I'm going to take it to work with me tomorrow, we have some DDR2 RAM there and I believe we have a FX62, so I'll switch the RAM and the processor and the video to make sure it isn't one of those.

There is a voltage issue with the memory using certain memory modules... are you using OCZ memory?

Ockie said:
There is a voltage issue with the memory using certain memory modules... are you using OCZ memory?

I talked to the OCZ guy at XS and he thinks my memory is rated too high for the processor thats why I'm having problems. I brought it into work and low and behold, the only DDR2 ram we have has timings too high :mad:

And no, I'm using G.Skill and the other ram is Corsair.

Leon2ky said:
I talked to the OCZ guy at XS and he thinks my memory is rated too high for the processor thats why I'm having problems. I brought it into work and low and behold, the only DDR2 ram we have has timings too high :mad:

And no, I'm using G.Skill and the other ram is Corsair.

What speed are they?

Please tell me these AM2 chips at least OC well, with Intel being faster clock for clock, and OCing to 3.8GHz+ stable... bad for AMD.

Ockie said:
What speed are they?
G. Skill is PC6400 @ 5-5-5-15 and the Corsair is PC5400 @ 4-4-4-12

He suggested that I get the timings to 5-5-5-15 and to use either PC53 or 5400 ram. If anyone has a extra stick of PC5300 ram with timings ridicously high, lemme know and if u can give it to me dirt cheap I'll but it off you.

Back