So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

It's worth saying to all who don't know that this game is basically FPS Diablo. If you're not used to playing over and over and picking up games multiplayer for the loots you are probably going to be irritated. :)

Been leveling both a Hunter and Brick. I'm absolutely loving both! I feel both have very different playing styles, which really helps the entertainment value.

I just found my first Blue revolver for my Hunter and it's blasting enemies with one shot. I also found a Purple rocket Launcher for Brick and it too is making a mess of the bad guys. It's certainly takes getting use too, but once you've got it down, it really shines! Oha nd both are around lvl 15.

wait till you get your first orange!

my hunter has been rocking a bad ass shotgun more than anything else lately lol

There should be difficulty selection in the game. If you're completing all the quests, everybody is 2-4 levels below you and there isn't enough challenge. Maybe it's harder online but I mostly play solo.

Kind of stinks to have to wait until you're level 50 to meet enemies of equal or higher level.

There should be difficulty selection in the game. If you're completing all the quests, everybody is 2-4 levels below you and there isn't enough challenge. Maybe it's harder online but I mostly play solo.

Kind of stinks to have to wait until you're level 50 to meet enemies of equal or higher level.

Same here, Ive been playing solo a lot since my buddies are like 5 levels above me and Im playing catchup.

But when we were playing coop I can say it is actually a challenge and lots of fun.

I bet there will be a way to adjust difficulty one way or another considering the game adjusts the difficulty dynamically based on the amount of players in coop and even announces it.
"The creatures of Pandora have become stronger"

I've fallen out of favour with the game.

I'm bored of looting, killing the same things, running through the same locations. Feels very repetitive almost Farcry 2 like ;(

I feel I wasted money on this one, I can't see myself going back to it as there is so much out that is more interesting.

Oh no, I bought FirCry 2 and didnät like it. Too repetetive. I hope I didnät waste money omn this one.

I think Coop is the best part of the game, solo you tend to overpower the enemies quickly, in Coop it is a totally different story

I got a bit tired of the game, but that's mainly because I've become less and less impressed with the number of guns in the game. Sure, there's a lot, but how many of them are worth using? I've very rarely come up against any hard decisions with gear in this game like I have in almost every other game with gear like this. I had the same weapons from maybe level 20 to level 32, then right as the game was ending I replaced all my gear at least once, some things twice. Now I'm on my 2nd playthrough, level 38, still haven't found anything new that was worth using. The skills are also getting to the point of feeling pretty "meh".

Borderlands mods would rule so much, the community would be able to turn this into such an amazing game. I doubt it'll ever happen though :(

Level 5 now. Itäs a bit boring yet. No challange. Hope it will catch up.

The game only gets into full swing around level 17-20, about the time you reach new haven. Until then it's likely that you haven't really found real bonuses on guns, haven't seen a skill tree to it's full potential, or seen enough class mods to get a chance to choose how you want to structure your build.

The no challenge part remains the case throughout the game though if you keep doing sidequests. You can only do about a third of them on the first playthrough, if you do more you'll start outleveling the enemies. Just remember to only do green and yellow quests, and if you run out of those, just stick to the main quest until you get green and yellow quests again.

Game gets better. What annoys me that people with much higher rank join my games and ruine them. I cannot even fight the monsters because those guys just kill em all without even sweating. Is there a way to kick people from online game?

Yea I believe someone else mentioned it... you just hit esc then pick their name and kick them.

The game only gets into full swing around level 17-20, about the time you reach new haven. Until then it's likely that you haven't really found real bonuses on guns, haven't seen a skill tree to it's full potential, or seen enough class mods to get a chance to choose how you want to structure your build.

The no challenge part remains the case throughout the game though if you keep doing sidequests. You can only do about a third of them on the first playthrough, if you do more you'll start outleveling the enemies. Just remember to only do green and yellow quests, and if you run out of those, just stick to the main quest until you get green and yellow quests again.

I also noticed the challenge level changes with classes.

While I was playing brick i found it decently challenging, alot of taking cover and firing and being smart about what i do using launchers.

but with lilith, no challenge at all. I found a lv 25 smg, 78 dmg x4 fire, add that with my 44% smg dmg mod and my class skill and all my talents I can tear apart baddass enemies 2 lvs higher than me without a sweat. Its like 2 completly different games.

Edit: just to add I played both to lv 30

Last edited:
Ok, Finally I got to level 19 and start understanding why people are telling that the game is awesome. Especially it is awesome when you play it online with people same level as you.

Guns = extremelly satisfying. I found legendary shotgun and if you shoot enemies close enough with 3 shot burst they are literally flying 20 meters away from me :)

Tought = this game is though if you rush trhrough it and suddenly end up in the region with enemies higher level then you. It's not anymore the begining of the game where you are basically can stand still and kill everyone around. Now it is a lot of running around, hiding, healing and trying to survive.

Graphics is ok.

Strory - may be there is story but I'm too busy figthing to follow it :)

You guys weren't kidding about the final fight... what a joke. Story and theories aside, they could have made him a little hard to kill, or have him... I dunno, move! I hit him about 40 times with my shotgun (with my f'ing hunter) and he was done.

How long did it take you guys to find your first legendary gun (orange level)? I mostly play solo. Do the oranges only appear in second+ playthrough and/or online?

I have yet to find one, currently level 33 and just did all missions in Trash coast. I find lots of purple guns, but zero luck getting an orange.

I have yet to find one, currently level 33 and just did all missions in Trash coast. I find lots of purple guns, but zero luck getting an orange.

Have you been to Old Haven yet? It was chock full of goodies for me.

I think its just your bad luck. Playing solo I've found a bunch of orange weapons, completely legit (no chest runs, no farming, no restarting etc or any of that nonsense). Hell every now and then you can buy orange weapons from the weapon vending machines in the high level areas.

It doesn't really mean much though, weapons are procedurally generated which means its a high chance you'll stumble upon a blue or purple item which is better than the orange one you have. Don't worry about the color classification of the item, just pay attention to the stats.

I think its just your bad luck. Playing solo I've found a bunch of orange weapons, completely legit (no chest runs, no farming, no restarting etc or any of that nonsense). Hell every now and then you can buy orange weapons from the weapon vending machines in the high level areas.

It doesn't really mean much though, weapons are procedurally generated which means its a high chance you'll stumble upon a blue or purple item which is better than the orange one you have. Don't worry about the color classification of the item, just pay attention to the stats.

No doubt.

I'm level 23 or something in-game, and my level 15 97x12 damage shotgun is white, and can take down those car things in 2 shots.

Great journey is what this game is about, not destination.

Story, such as it is, is a thinly veiled excuse and it's good enough. The ending is a nonexistent joke.

It's too bad. I really think if they'd tried harder on the story, fleshed it out a little more, and put in a real ending it would have put an otherwise already really good game over the top.

Great journey is what this game is about, not destination.

Story, such as it is, is a thinly veiled excuse and it's good enough. The ending is a nonexistent joke.

It's too bad. I really think if they'd tried harder on the story, fleshed it out a little more, and put in a real ending it would have put an otherwise already really good game over the top.

I feel the same way. They could have made the ending alot better. I was pleased on the amount of playtime it took for me to finish the game. ( a little over 30 hours) I did all the quests.

Have you been to Old Haven yet? It was chock full of goodies for me.
Yes. I got jack shit from there. All the weapons I have already severely outclassed all the $5000 pieces of junk I found there.

At this point I would be happy to find just ONE Orange level gun, even if it only had 1 point of damage. I just want to know that my install isn't completely fucked. I've had all sorts of weirdness, such as unable to complete the first three weapon scavenge missions because the last piece WAS COMPLETELY MISSING (and believe me I looked everywhere).

Some other weird things I have experienced were:
-Install took over one hour, as the game was downloading files from Gearbox/2K at 3 kilobytes per second.
-Blue screens (ATI driver)
-Monitor will just turn off, and say the input is out of scan frequency and is OVER 200KHZ AND CLIMBING (not the normal 60hz refresh rate). This is probably ATI driver related also, and I have never experienced it on any other game, OS, driver version, etc...

I've had all sorts of weirdness, such as unable to complete the first three weapon scavenge missions because the last piece WAS COMPLETELY MISSING (and believe me I looked everywhere).

lemme guess one of those. the revolver scavenger: you didn't look in the wrecked car

I've had all sorts of weirdness, such as unable to complete the first three weapon scavenge missions because the last piece WAS COMPLETELY MISSING (and believe me I looked everywhere).

I swore up and down also that those missions were fucked. Go watch youtube videos on them and you will see where the missing pieces are. I literally spent two hours on the first sniper rifle mission because I couldn't find the last piece. Did the same thing on the mission with Scar and TKs leg.

I swore up and down also that those missions were fucked. Go watch youtube videos on them and you will see where the missing pieces are. I literally spent two hours on the first sniper rifle mission because I couldn't find the last piece. Did the same thing on the mission with Scar and TKs leg.

This. You're probably just not looking in the right places.

I also found Orange guns relatively easily. Sometimes at vendors, sometimes drops. Far more vendor oranges then drops though. Alot of purple drops for sure.

This. You're probably just not looking in the right places.

The problem is that the arrow's are nowhere near the pieces. I'm betting it was intentional, but having every other single thing in the game exactly indicated by the arrows, and then not even slightly indicating that the piece might be elsewhere.

Well, the game's multiplayer seems relatively broken to me what with relying on gamespy and crap...so I've only been playing single player pretty much. I've found a few orange weapons but nothing that really worked well for my soldier. I'm just getting started on playthrough #2. I had to re-do my build to give him more survivability because second playthrough mobs were chewing through my health and shields pretty quickly with my more offensive build.

cool. beat teh game. took me 32 hours and was lvl 36 soldier (only played sp). i did ALL the quests available up to the last boss. had 42 inventory and 3 million dollars upon completion. very good game. really liked it. such a refreshing way to present a fps. i look forward to more of these.

The problem is that the arrow's are nowhere near the pieces. I'm betting it was intentional, but having every other single thing in the game exactly indicated by the arrows, and then not even slightly indicating that the piece might be elsewhere.

Well it wouldn't be a scavenge hunt if they told you where it was... :)

I agree they were a little hard to find the pieces, I didn't realize the arrow was just telling you the general area, not the actual pieces location.

I found all the pieces for every scavenge I went to, only took maybe 5-10 minutes each.

Now on LVL30, I was doing all the side-quests but some of them are so boring that I feel like I should just stick to the main quests... like one mission had me run all around new-haven looking for 6 dumpsters. The problem was that it wasn't in any logical order so I went to one corner of the map, then to the other corner, then to another... and in the end I got like $30,000 and maybe 2,000 XP... I didn't even bother killing any enemies because they were all lvl 20-22 and I was lvl 30 so it was just a waste of effort, I just ran past all of them...

Ok....

Finally completed those god forsaken scavenge missions thanks to youtube. Funny thing is, I finally found the 4th piece on all of them, but then another bug hit... only 3 of the 4 items were checked off. Weird.:confused:
It still let me turn them in to the bounty board as complete.

=============================

I have finally beaten the the vagina faced monster that was in the vault as a level 37 soldier with just under $2 million. Every guy leading up to him was harder to beat than he was.

I CANNOT BELIEVE I WENT THROUGH THE ENTIRE GAME AND NEVER FOUND AN ORANGE LEVEL GUN!!!:mad::mad::mad:
How dissappointing. :(

Despite everything, it was still the best SP game I have played in a long time.:cool:

Time to try out online play...

Last edited:
LOL, and I've seen at least half a dozen of 'em...

...and they all sucked.

Go figure.

Just bought the game tonight, huge impulse buy, wasn't planning on it or following the game by any means. Read a couple reviews and decided it was for me. Played for 3 hours tonight, LOVING it so far. It's pretty cool how you're SP char carries over into MP. I believe there's trading too? That's awesome. I wish there was more customizable options (tradable armor & stuff, aesthic stuff, ya know?) guess I'm asking for too much though, haha.

Can't wait to get off of work tomorrow already and play some more!

LOL, and I've seen at least half a dozen of 'em...

...and they all sucked.

Go figure.

I disagree. ITill level 21 I used Legendary shotgun I got from one boss fight. It was extremelly owerpowered but every 2 shells I need to reload. Recently I found light orange shotgun. It is a bit less powerfull, a bit slower but has 7 shells. It absolutelly rocks against all enemies.

Back