• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

But is there anything to do once you're up to that point, or do you have to just fight random mobs?
 
So, once PT2 is completed, all enemies in the game turn LVL 50 and 51?

So essentially, where ever you travel, baddies are gonna be a challenge? :p

Yep. All mobs turn level 50 or 51. Chests also become level 50. I once had a level 51 skag attacking me named Asskicking Skag.

And yea, Badmuthas become Superbads after you beat pt2.
 
Yep. All mobs turn level 50 or 51. Chests also become level 50. I once had a level 51 skag attacking me named Asskicking Skag.

And yea, Badmuthas become Superbads after you beat pt2.

Sounds awesome! So, does replayability hold up when PT2 is complete? ie. Still fun even though there are no quests to do?

I'm guessing that the main attraction when all is complete is finding better gear?
 
Sounds awesome! So, does replayability hold up when PT2 is complete? ie. Still fun even though there are no quests to do?

I'm guessing that the main attraction when all is complete is finding better gear?

It's still fun for me to run around killing mobs. I try out different builds as I find gear that's geared toward a certain build.
 
It's still fun for me to run around killing mobs. I try out different builds as I find gear that's geared toward a certain build.

Would be nice after PT2 if the game unlocked all the quests so you could pick and choose what ones to do.

Perhaps just unlocking the quests for that particular game session so when you quit then come back all quests are reset.
 
I agree, thought it was a little strange that you can't re-play them. I guess at least if someone else hosts you can tag along...
 
"If you don't like the ending, that's fine, but it means you didn't understand it."

Good stuff.

The mythology of the vault? What mythology? All I or anyone else in the game knew about it was that it was a vault, and that inside vaults are things that must be valuable enough to KEEP inside vaults.

The game is fun, it really is, but I don't see how you can defend the ending like you are. Especially to the point of saying everyone who doesn't like the ending just doesn't "get it" like you do. Real cool, man. Real cool.

Wow, guy... relax. I wasn't "insulting" anyone.

I'm not "defending" anything. I stated clearly: "it's just a game" and I never once insinuated that "if you didn't like it, it's due to the fact that you don't understand it".

I also never said it was a "great ending", I simply stated that is what the devs plan was.

Talk about reading into things...

My point was simply that, there is a mythology to the vault which is what the very basic story is behind the game. There's no arguing that, as it's simply fact. It's stated by the characters themselves in-game, even.

I never said they did a great job with the story-telling regarding that mythology or told the, just that I understood what they were going for, and was attempting to explain what made sense to me.

Also, I think it proves my point that, if everyone is "expecting" the vault to be what you would normally expect, that it was a good concept to do something different and, instead, you're faced with something bad instead of good... though, yes (again), it could have been done better.

The vault ended up being more like Pandora's Box, as opposed to a vault of riches. Since that was the whole basis of the plot (no matter how "thin"), it makes sense. If you follow the (admittedly) very slim storyline enough, you have the "evil corporations" using mercenaries (the player) who they deem disposable, to find the vault for them, because they believe it could contain riches of alien technology.

I was simply stating that, if you think about it, that it makes sense... not that it was great story-telling.

I never said it was done "great", nor that anyone who didn't "get it" was "stupid". I was just trying to give a little something to those who were totally baffled by the ending and "what the point was" to the whole journey. Since the "slim" plot was not blatantly made obvious, some have blatantly said "there's no plot" at all. It's there, just not easy to understand "at a glance", because that aspect of the game is where it was lacking.

I don't see how that's insulting to anyone, so don't read into things so much, as I never insinuated anything you're going on about here.

If all I said came across "odd" through text, that happens, but to read into things that much and almost seem to take it "personally"... you need to relax. I don't intentionally insult anyone, nor was that my intent.

Personally, while the boss fight definitely could have been done far better, I like the direction of the plot. I like the fact that all the "riches" are really what you gather along the way, and in the end, find out you've been used, and only to find out that the vault was in truth nothing more than a prison for a creature the aliens themselves kept imprisoned, yet everyone on the planet (Pandora), like many people do with mysterious things, believed that it would hold some riches they should pillage before someone else does.

Either way, it's the gameplay that matters, and in terms of that and visuals, Borderlands got a lot right that many other games do not.
 
After you beat play 2, you can still only select play 1 or play 2. The difference is that, when you select play 2, all of the enemies are higher level (as has been stated). Also, all of the chests and vending machines drop/sell high level loot (ie level 48).

I decided I want to try a Siren for my next char, so I did splitscreen, with my 50 soldier and level 1 siren. I hosted the game with my soldier, and selected play 2 (this is after beating play 2, so enemies are tougher). I then teleported to the Ultimate Rakk Hive and killed it. One kill brought the Siren to level 16 (this was using my soldiers plus experience mod). I did another kill and it brought her to 20. Each kill goes pretty quick, so I can get her to 50 pretty fast this way. Only had time to try it twice last night.
 
One other thing....I have been hoping a Hellfire SMG will drop, but I have yet to see a single one in all of my playtime....if anyone is on the PS3 version that wants to trade, let me know!
 
I picked it up last week and probably have more than 30 hours in at this point. It's like a modern Diablo 2 but with more skill required as you're actually aiming.

Things I don't like include having to do editing in the config files for options that should be in UI screens
-cd being required in drive for running (Why not have cd keys that do a one time sync/check for release date?)
-keybinding options extremely limited (Maybe I don't want double use button to reload when I already have a reload button and on that note I wish I didn't have to super spam the use button to pick up everything individually)
-port forwarding for games is ridiculous and makes joining someone elses game a challenge in itself to see who has taken the time to set up, having the characters stored locally so that people can edit items isn't cool
-voice chat without ANY options and doesn't even alert you when you're broadcasting is a huge fail
-i'm also not a big fan of good things dropping from chests(i've been in groups with sirens that just loot whore stealth to chest locations to get everything)
-a trade or inspection screen would be nice between characters
-not being able to zone when someone has a screen open
-finally I wish there was some kind of loot roll like in wow maybe just on the orange items so it's not a mad spam to grab everything and then figure out if you need it or not afterwards.

Even with all of those issues, which mainly stem from it being designed for consoles, I absolutely love the game. I have had some great times with players taking down enemies as a group and definitely recommend it if you like the action rpg genre at all.
 
One other thing....I have been hoping a Hellfire SMG will drop, but I have yet to see a single one in all of my playtime....if anyone is on the PS3 version that wants to trade, let me know!

lol that sucks, not that it matters since I'm on PC, but I just tossed one the other day to grab something more expensive to sell.
 
I find quite a few oranges. What irks me is that usually they're damage is low compared to what others have found. For example, I'm looking for an orange "shotgun" revolver. I've seen people with them that have 260 x7 to 290ish x7 damage, whereas everyone I've found had damage like 140 x7 (x7 means 7 bullets come out per pull of the trigger at the listed damage before weapon prof/talents get factored in). I find this is the case for most items I'm looking for. I find Hellfire SMGs with 100ish damage routinely, when they go as high as 160ish at a rate of fire of 12.

Just a rant. I guess it means I have more reason to play. I do like my sniper rifle that fires shotgun slugs but without a spread.
 
color = rarity, nothing more, and rarity sometimes = more $ when sold
your level & number of players = actual quality of drop
 
color = rarity, nothing more, and rarity sometimes = more $ when sold
your level & number of players = actual quality of drop

Monkey God has it right, so don't worry about the colors, just the stats.

Most of the truly insane and highest-end weapons I use are blue and green. I have quite a few orange weaps, but most don't hold a candle to the blue and green.
 
SPOILERS










First off , I loved the game it was really fun. But I thought the ending was really dull. The whole game your trying to find the vault and are promised treasure beyond your wildest dreams. Then when you get there, its not a vault at all and you don't get any treasure, I was a dissapointed. (I haven't turned the key in yet).


Anyway, My Idea would have been a lot better for an ending. I think you should have been able to make your own gun and personalize it and also make it whatever lvl you wanted. After all you collect guns throughout the game, why not have one that you can truly call your own in the end.

Just a thought. Feel free to use my Idea in your next game Gearbox devs ;)
 
Spoilers.

The whole game your trying to find the vault and are promised treasure beyond your wildest dreams.
Whatever is in the vault, it's obviously not "riches beyond your wildest dreams". I think it's pretty obvious that those were just folk-stories passed down from generation to generation which got exaggerated and hyped up along the way. One theory I like the best is that the vault is a prison, built specifically for the destroyer by the alien race. They needed to keep him trapped to protect everyone, but he probably serves some purpose so they allow his jail to have the possibility of being opened once every 200 years.

That theory reminded me of movie The Fifth Element, where once every 5,000 years the 'good' aliens return to earth to open the "Vault" with the 'Elements', which is the only way capable of defeating the 'Great Evil' which returns once every 5,000 years.

Either way its a loot game, its not about story, but the journey getting there - and indeed it was a blast.
 
Spoilers.



Either way its a loot game, its not about story, but the journey getting there - and indeed it was a blast.


Yes It was a blast getting there. I am playing through it again and hopefully a third time right now I have a lvl 39 scavenger.
 
I find quite a few oranges. What irks me is that usually they're damage is low compared to what others have found. For example, I'm looking for an orange "shotgun" revolver. I've seen people with them that have 260 x7 to 290ish x7 damage, whereas everyone I've found had damage like 140 x7 (x7 means 7 bullets come out per pull of the trigger at the listed damage before weapon prof/talents get factored in). I find this is the case for most items I'm looking for. I find Hellfire SMGs with 100ish damage routinely, when they go as high as 160ish at a rate of fire of 12.

Just a rant. I guess it means I have more reason to play. I do like my sniper rifle that fires shotgun slugs but without a spread.

Word. I've farmed chests for hours in all different zones, on playthrough 2+, and my most powerful weapons are both purples. I have found some pretty nice oranges, but they are not my bread and butter weapons.

What do you guys think will happen in the DLC slated for 11/24/09? Will the difficulty start at level 50 mobs? Will they raise the level cap? Release new gun types and mods? I don't understand how they will make it difficult if it's not based on your characters level, because right now, even playthrough 2+ is getting pretty easy with maxed out weapon proficiency and nice gear...
 
They're probably just level 33-38pt1 and 50-55pt2.

Most players haven't even hit 50 since most people don't spend a lot of time blowing through games. People like us in gaming forums tend to be a bit more obsessive than the norm. Even among the people who have hit 50, most of them probably have gone on to make a new character than farm for better level 50 loot, since they have no new goal towards which they can apply better loot. Again, it's just the more obsessive folk in the forums that do that.

They might throw them in towards the end of the campaign and raise the level cap by 5 or so. They've already established skill trees that can't be maxed out before the level cap, so there's a natural progression for leveling from 50-55 already in place and waiting. They'll probably have at least 1 more DLC after this to boot.
 
For sure. If they raise the level cap and give me 5 more skill points, my build will be perfected. I can only hope.
 
It's a zombie island dlc right? Here's hoping there's a survival mode that keeps giving you wave after wave of zombies of inreasing level without limit. That would be awesome :D
 
It's a zombie island dlc right? Here's hoping there's a survival mode that keeps giving you wave after wave of zombies of inreasing level without limit. That would be awesome :D

Dude! That is the best idea I've heard regarding this DLC. That would be amazing!
 
Word. I've farmed chests for hours in all different zones, on playthrough 2+, and my most powerful weapons are both purples. I have found some pretty nice oranges, but they are not my bread and butter weapons.

What do you guys think will happen in the DLC slated for 11/24/09? Will the difficulty start at level 50 mobs? Will they raise the level cap? Release new gun types and mods? I don't understand how they will make it difficult if it's not based on your characters level, because right now, even playthrough 2+ is getting pretty easy with maxed out weapon proficiency and nice gear...

I'm guessing if you beat playthrough 2, that the DLC mobs also become level 50 - 51. It just makes sense. For everyone else, it may start at a different mob level until they beat playthrough 2 as well.
 
Found this rifle last night:

ItemCard00003.jpg


It is awesome. I hit 34 just a little after I picked it up.
 
Found this rifle last night:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/hardmark/ItemCard00003.jpg

It is awesome. I hit 34 just a little after I picked it up.

Yup, as far as I can tell that rifle (and its variants) are the holy grail of sniper rifles. It has a chance to do both fire damage and explosive damage. My version does 500 base damage, I've been trying to find one that goes higher, but despite doing only 500 base damage it's consistently better than the sniper rifles that hit 800+ dmg or even another sniper rifle I have that's 250x6 (1500) dmg.
 
Yup, as far as I can tell that rifle (and its variants) are the holy grail of sniper rifles. It has a chance to do both fire damage and explosive damage. My version does 500 base damage, I've been trying to find one that goes higher, but despite doing only 500 base damage it's consistently better than the sniper rifles that hit 800+ dmg or even another sniper rifle I have that's 250x6 (1500) dmg.

It was taking down those Sera Guardians in 2 hits...so no complaints...
 
Best sniper I ever found was the nearly 800 damage Elephant Gun I got in PT2. Worked better than my 504dmg Fearsome Volcano on most targets, and the firing rate was much much higher. Combined with 98.1 accuracy, headshots happened in quick succession ;)
 
That's a great sniper rifle man. I never used any sniper rifles on my soldier, but when I found a similar one to yours, I couldn't stop.

My favorite gun right now is a machine gun, I don't remember the name, something "Glorius havoc..." With the soldier's talents, the magazine is nearing 200 rounds, and with his other talents and some nice mods, I can empty all 200 shots in just a few seconds. Its base damage is right around 200, and while I've found assault rifles that do more damage, the fire rate on this along with accuracy and zero recoil means I can score a ridiculous number of critical hits in a row.

I also found some nice shotguns that are further improved with the soldier talent tree. 12x230, with corrosive damage, is my best so far and it shoots like a repeater.

I just started leveling up the Eridian proficieny, I'm hoping by the time it gets to level 50 it will be worth something. Right now, even at level 30 proficiency, they suck compared to my other guns.
 
hehe just killed skagzilla in PT2, he was 4 lv shigher than me. Thank god i found a 300dmg revolver wiht ammo regn and a nice shotty with ammo regen.
 
Yup, as far as I can tell that rifle (and its variants) are the holy grail of sniper rifles. It has a chance to do both fire damage and explosive damage. My version does 500 base damage, I've been trying to find one that goes higher, but despite doing only 500 base damage it's consistently better than the sniper rifles that hit 800+ dmg or even another sniper rifle I have that's 250x6 (1500) dmg.

Agreed. Mine only does 250 damage (found it when I was a low level) and I still use a lot in Pt 2, level 38.
 
My volcano has 650ish base damage. I also have a 570ish damage Orion (1.4 firing speed, x4 shock damage, 2.7 scope orange sniper). I can't find any around the 700ish damage range.
 
I;m wondering at what level you started to find Purple weapons? I'm level 28 now and 18 hours into the game and just found my first purple rocket launcher that was, I guess, just a garanteed drop from bandid boss fight (I do not remeber his name)

Anyway , I have very nice Green sniper rifle now and Orange shotgun that solves all my problems at the moment :)
 
I;m wondering at what level you started to find Purple weapons? I'm level 28 now and 18 hours into the game and just found my first purple rocket launcher that was, I guess, just a garanteed drop from bandid boss fight (I do not remeber his name)

Anyway , I have very nice Green sniper rifle now and Orange shotgun that solves all my problems at the moment :)

Well, orage is better than purple so you're doing alright. Sadly your best odds of getting purples and orages at this point of the game is from vendor runs (new game, run to vendor, check out wares, buy if it's good, exit to main menu, repeat...). :(
 
Hehe I switch between a Skullsmasher that does 253x7 and Volcano that has a base damage of 570. The Skullsmaher pretty much 1 shots anything but Brutes, Badasses, and Badmuthas lol. The highest I have seen it hit on a human mob was around 35k on Badmutha Psycho at point blank... My huntard hit 49 last night and I am only halfway through the second play-through :(...
 
Back
Top